• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DA:I - Quest for Justice

"I am here to seek the knowledge that this place once contained...as for the Templar, I cannot say why she is here...and I'm the one constantly trying to stop the fighting? Why would I start one?!" he asked incredulously still trying to get the Templar to allow him to help her

Kaja sighed. "I wouldn't waste your time, Mage," she said. "If the Templar doesn't want your help, don't bother with her. Why would you let a wolf out of a trap when it'll turn around and bite you?"

"Because I am not the type of person to let anyone suffer when I can do something about it. Besides, she's not a bad person...I don't think..and its not Mage. Its Emile." he said without taking his eyes off of the Templar

She nodded slowly. It seemed odd to call him by his first name, but decided it must be appropriate if he was going to correct her. Kaja scoffed slightly with a grin. "Not a common sentiment," she observed. "Maybe not bad — just determined to kill you." She left off the comment that to her, Rookie didn't seem to be suffering, just very, very... Drunk, maybe.

Rookie continued to stare at the Mage. He was a damn fool, even if he was right. "How is he?" She muttered under her breath, hoping that he kept to his word.

"Pretty sure he's just unconscious." he looked back at the unconscious man and sighed "honestly, who goes out of their way to just start trouble? Even I wait for trouble to find me and I'm an apostate..."

As much as she wanted to say more, she kept quiet. She spoke more then usual and she hated it. The elf started it, if she kept her mouth shut about wanting to kill them, perhaps none of this would happen. Then again, she could be wrong.

"...Although to be quite honest, talking about killing us humans isn't the sort of thing that exactly invites people to stick around and find out what you're all about. Had I been anyone else, you would have had a violent swordsman and a powerful Mage standing against you. You should choose what you say carefully, you never know what kinds of people have taken up an understanding of your language...especially in these unsteady times." He said before quietly casting a spell to drain the excess Lyrium from the Templar's system.

Kaja sighed and looked away. "I apologize. My assumption was that you were looters looking to steal from these ruins and I feared their history would be lost, or the place would be taken from us altogether. I didn't realize you were looking to learn about our past too, Emile." She hesitated, still mostly unsure about Rookie's intents, then added, "I'm afraid we're just... Not used to that."

Salesar weathered to the ground at the shot at his groin, he was seething trying to get to his feet and release the build up anger. However it seemed cooler heads prevailed and he took a few deep breaths to calm himself, thanking the stone he wore some protection to his groin otherwise the damage would be alot worse."The bastard got me good...Certainly he is not going to do do that again now." He muttered tempted to cut the offender down then and there, however it seemed it would cause more trouble then it was forth so relanted. "I have healing poultices in the cart if needed... "

Timon had sneaked by the group finding the distraction of the fight a good opportunity to take a walk around the ruin. However he did not rest on his laurrels there was a feeling of danger in this place like something will jump out and eat him, he had his knife drawn and ready either to jab or cut himself for some power. He came across an area which seemed like the central room of a temple, walls were battered and overgrown with plants and there was no roof. On the far corner their was an alter with an artifact stuck dead center. The artifect was nothing he ever seen before, a malformed globe on a stand with what appeared like an eyeglass attached to it (elven artifacts in DAI).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariathari listened, then turned to Kaja, "See? I told you you should be more hospitable." Then she looked back to the rest of the group. "Well, someone should be here when the brute awakens to learn why he is here, and it shouldn't be very long, now." She said, looking around and sighing. "If you are here truely just for knowledge, then we welcome you, to what is going to soon be the birthplace of an established elven society." She said with a warm smile.

Soon enough she was feeling a little better. The Lyruim being drained, but so soon pushed away the mage. Sure, he helped her with the Lyruim problem, but to her that didn't matter. Looking towards the elves she scoffed softly. "Dirthara-ma da'len. (May you learn little child.) I will stay." She called out to the archer.

Looters? What could she gained here? All this was something she didn't really care for. Even if it meant a lot to her father, she could care less on Elven history. She looked around, no sign of anything related to Fen'Harel was here.

Rubbing the back of her neck she looked over to the warrior that laid in the ground. "I can't promise he won't try to attack when he awakens. So go on and search for your 'history'." She wasn't to keen on staying here with him, she wasn't sure if he'd attack her.

Timon approached the alter with his curiosity getting the better of him. He passed through columns with unusual metal braziers attached to them, one had an unlit torch laying on the ground underneath. He paid them no mind at first not seeing the necessity of extra light and reached the alter. The artifact was beautiful in its way and could sense some faint magic coming from them, he wondered whether there was untapped power. He found rolled piece of parchment nearby and he wondered if it held any details on the artifact, however once unrolled his heart sank as he saw no writing on the parchment.

"What? No words of gratitude? No threatening to kill me like the filthy mage I am? Rookie, you are an increasingly inconsistent Templar" Emile chuckled before turning to the elves. "So, shall we all traverse into the unknown? We should probably do something about this guy." he gestured to Areos before sighing. "As much as it pains me to say, the best bet is to either kill him or drag him along with us, and since I've already saved his life, I'd not see it ended so nonchalantly. No, we're most likely going to have to take him with us...if it's any consolation, if we get into deep trouble, he'll be right there with us with no escape."

Kaja scoffed. "Yeah, take him along. I'm sure he won't try and kill us again. How about we take all his weapons off him and tie his hands? And feet; close them so he can't run?" She looked at Areos balefully.

Rookie glanced over to them, she wouldn't go through with this idea. First of all they had no ideaa what these ruins held, and they would need the help. Or she could help him if he chose to battle again. But even she knew that was idiotic. But the Mage had a point, why didn't she threaten him?

Ugh, if only I had read it right. Or I wouldn't be stuck here with these.. Well she hardly considered them anything. But her thoughts were now elsewhere, where was the other thing? The Blood Mage? Did he follow or did the abomination leave?

She would figure that out later on, for now she had to focus on keeping them away from the unconscious warrior.

Ariathari sighed, having already bound the man's hands. She knew she did not have the strength necessary to carry the man, but...

Glancing around, she asked, "Can anyone lift the man onto the horse? He can then come inside with us, and we can keep an eye on him."

Selesar stepped foward and frowned looking down at the unconscious man."If he sufficiently tight i can stick him into my cart." Salesar added picking the man up on his shoulder, true the mans feet would drag but personally its the least of Salesars worries. "He is havier then he looks."

As they headed into the ruins, they saw the main hall with its towering ceiling. Clearly it used to be magnificent, and it may not take much to return the ruin to it's former glory. Along the main hall, on either side of the walkway stood statues- one for each member of the elven pantheon, and closest to the enterance was a statue of Falon'Din.

Ariathari looked around in amazement, in the back of her mind she registered a presence here- a wicked one- but she did not realize it. At the far end of the main hall was the blood mage, and the artifact which was used to strengthen the fade.

Kaja followed, looking around. "I can't believe we found it," she said to herself, grinning. She looked at Aria, then she slowed down as she saw the Mage at the end of the hall.

Timon turned when he head footsteps and talk coming from nearby, just in time to see the two elves enter the Hall." Oh, hi. Ladies... Eh, i didnt release this place was occupied." He kept his knife ready just in case." Eh.. Assure my presence hear is purely academic..."

"I don't think anyone should do anything to that artefact..." Emile said looking around the ruins. Who knows what untold horrors we could encounter as a result of merely touching it...though rest assured, I'll be as far away as possible."

Rookie followed them as they went further into the ruins. Keeping her hand on her sword as they walked. A statue to Falon'Din was there, along with other artifacts. When she noticed that teu slowed down, she looked and saw the Blood Mage further down near an artifact.

"Well I was thinking this might have to do with what the artifact does but it's blank" Timon said revealing the parchment that was next to the artifact. " must by some reason for it, it was roled up and had seal and everything. Invisible ink maybe, lemon juice?

Emile leaned in close to a wall to look at the writing on it. "Ah yes, most likely instructions for activating something interesting....if only I could read ancient Elven...oh wait," he reached into his shirt secretly and pulled one of the two phylacteries from around his neck and started to whisper to it. The presence in the phylactery flashed images in his mind "I see! It makes sense now! Even ancient Elven images make no bloody sense."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back