• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice D&D: The City of Shaldra~Zin

Got any room for one more? And if so, is there a particular role that has yet to be filled? I've played a bit of DnD before, but nothing too in depth.

@xCRAZYxFACEx We currently have a Wizard, Druid, Paladin and Barbarian. So we have the potential to cover all roles. Of course I don't want to constrain anyone into forming a particular build and there is nothing wrong with a few extra people. Feel free to play any of the other basic D&D 5e options. Fighter, Monk, Cleric, Bard, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock. If you can get the information please use the 5th Edition players handbook to help you create your character. If you have any questions let me know.

We have already started the RP, but you will be able to join at almost any time. Post a character sheet in the Character Sheet page when you are ready.

Heyo, this looks like fun. I would like to join but I have never played D&D before (or any table top RP game for that matter) so I will either be asking a lot of questions or getting a lot of corrections. Is that ok or should I look for another dice RP for now?

@jeshem you will have to compete with Crazy Face for a position. I can handle a party of 5, but 6 people may overkill the story I have planned.

I may be opening another D&D RP at the end of the month. It will be called Butchers of Buldran. There will be more room in that if you are unable to make it into this story.

@Deadkool please wait to be accepted into the RP before you post anything in character. You are not the bard swipping coins in my original post. It is the bars usual house band. A character already established in the story. I will need to remove your post

I didn't read ooc first. I now see you're filled up. Well, good luck to all of you.

If no one posts by tonight I am going to continue the story with another NPC post. @Four The Magician this will give you something to do while you wait on others. This will also give everyone a little more to work with on their intro post.

Sorry Jeshem! I dropped the ball there. I meant to review your character sheet last night. Everything looks ok...but you should take another look at your stats.

Im at work so I cant really double check things, but it doesnt add up in my head. Check the points calculator I posted. Its a 27 point buy out. Then being a human you get +1 to all stats. In the end your modifier is the number of points over 10 divided by 2. For example 15 strength would result in a modifier of 2. If this stat is your attack stat. Barbarians use strength, rogues use Dex. You will be able to add your proficiency mod. I think at level 1 every class is 2? Not sure on that one.

Again, Im at work so I cant double check. Just take a second look at it to be sure you arent losing points on accident. This is something we can resolve later.

You are accepted! Please post when ever you find the time. Thank you for your patience Jeshem.

Edit: Oh, and double check. You get a feat at level 1? If so thats pretty awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Grimsvald Updated my stats using the calculator. It should be right now. I also incorrectly added that feat, sorry. I've gotten rid of it. My post should be up this afternoon or tonight

Awesome Jeshem! Thank you for taking another look at it. I look forward to your post! Remember you don't have to start in the tavern if you don't want to. There are plenty of places on the map. Check out the overview section. Shops are still open, plenty of slums to run around in and there is a town guard incase you start your story out in custody of the law. :-) Let me know if you have any questions.

Since I've never played D&D before, please tell me if I do anything wrong in the IC

@jeshem you might be treading too much water in one of those rumors. Most of them aren't too bad so I am not upset, but try to hold back if you write in any more. The rumor of a lot of executions happening in the slums will be noted as false if brought up later on. This city is poor, but good natured. The only real crime problem is to do with drug dealing in a small part of the slums. The guards are busier keeping foreign crimes from funneling in and helping the public with smaller problems resulting in fines. Its safer to just write in that your character is listening for rumors and roll a d20. Then the DM will let you know what you hear. Again not upset with your post. It was creative and I liked the other rumors you came up with. No need for edit.

TO everyone; I am going to wait until later tomorrow before I make another post. I want to give our barbarian a chance to catch up.

I have a Level 1 5e Ranger (Half-Elf) that I never got the chance to use table-top.

If you have room for a ranger, I'd be happy to get thrown in at some stage :)

If anyone dies or leaves the story I will be recruiting more players at the beginning of each "Chapter" in the campaign. Although that could be a long wait. I will probably be starting up a second D&D 5e campaign next month called "The Butchers of Buldran" If you can't get into this story there will be room in that one.

@Grimsvald Ok, I'll be careful from now on. Just to clarify, I meant "executing" as in "performing" not "killing". The entire rumor meant that the law enforcers were cracking down on crimes in the slum. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also, Jaks was using thieve's cant to listen in on the rumors. Am I doing it right or do I need to roll something for that too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back