• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Cyberpunk 2077: Gotham City

What did you have in mind for her as a digital counter to Batman? And welcome aboard! Sorry about the delay in getting the RP up and running -- been kind of a busy week.
Nothing that would diminish his own character, of course. I was thinking that Barbara could have still been inspired by Batman, though at a younger age than she did canonically. She herself took to working as a digital hero under the name Batgirl, but overestimated her own abilities and was traced, leading to a Killing Joke situation. Now I'm thinking she's a hacker to the same pedigree as Bats, but unable (and at this point unwilling to) breach his defenses. That way Dick's little gang would have appropriate defenses to Bats, perhaps. How does it sound?

The idea sounds fine, it just makes it harder for her to physical join the group. One idea is take your story there and change it so it takes place during the RP. Like, when she first takes up with Dick and the group, she is Batgirl on the streets, sort of a mix of a netrunner and a physical vigilante. Then Joker eventually tracks her down to her real home and we do the Killing Joke thing there, and then when Batman is compromised and the Batcave network goes dark, she could become Oracle and start a new vigilante network to replace it. That is just an idea though, ultimately she's your character :D.

The idea sounds fine, it just makes it harder for her to physical join the group. One idea is take your story there and change it so it takes place during the RP. Like, when she first takes up with Dick and the group, she is Batgirl on the streets, sort of a mix of a netrunner and a physical vigilante. Then Joker eventually tracks her down to her real home and we do the Killing Joke thing there, and then when Batman is compromised and the Batcave network goes dark, she could become Oracle and start a new vigilante network to replace it. That is just an idea though, ultimately she's your character :D.
Ah yes, that's a very good point. Hmm...I think I'd rather have her begin as Oracle, if that's ok. I've always prefered writing her that way. Perhaps I could have established a connection between her and Cassandra Cain (whom I would also like to write as), and have Cass as the one who originally joins the group. That way I could keep Barbara as the shadowy figure in her ear for a while?

Yeah, that's fine :D. And if you ever want to bring in Barb in a physical sense without revealing her, she could uplink her neural network to an avatar body of some sort. Like a synth android body that she controls remotely from her secret base. You know, to give back-up to Cassie in the rare event she needs it :D. That is, also, of course, completely up to you.

Yeah, that's fine :D. And if you ever want to bring in Barb in a physical sense without revealing her, she could uplink her neural network to an avatar body of some sort. Like a synth android body that she controls remotely from her secret base. You know, to give back-up to Cassie in the rare event she needs it :D. That is, also, of course, completely up to you.
Oh that's an awesome idea! I'll definitely use it at a later point in the RP :)

Malsuphur Malsuphur I'm interested if you haven't gotten all settled in just yet. I could take on Maxwell Lord if you want me to and serve as an antagonistic force.

yeah, that's fine, but we'd just need to be careful that co-writers don't clash over combat actions taken in game.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss issssssssssssssssssssss AMAZING! Great concept and well thought out.

I saw someone claim Barbara, and even Wonder Woman... Black Canary too! Hmm...

2be8aac97f47edff688344293380f81f.gif

Got room for another?
Got an idea for Azrael and Orphan to be experimental super soldiers rescued by Grayson.

Edit: whoops. Someone already got Cassandra. Still, Azrael should be fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back