• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Custom Anime RP (Name in Development) [OOC]

Characters
Here
I am interested in playing non tenyo creature… Something that can produce electricity as mean of attack and defense and can speak telepathically (it is not a humanoid). Does that count as having magic? If so what would non tenyo have to do to have magic? Does it need to have connection with minor god as well?

Last edited:
There are only a few minor gods out there who’ve decided to grant their Tenyos with their powers! The minor gods are sort of a mix between different the four main elements, which allow different types of powers.

The minor gods are sort of like,, well, minor gods. Not necessarily created by them, but not powerful enough to be one of them.

Tenyo are created through the minor gods’ connections with a mix of the different elements, which allows them to be able to create many different kinds of Tenyo opposed to just being able to make something based on their element. They have their base ability based on their main allegiance, but are also granted the ability to use a certain spell that are more lenient to another element that was used to create them, considering Tenyo are made through mixes of different kinds.
Are minor gods able to use their own powers? Or are they unable to, which is why they need the Tenyo?

Are there a list of minor gods? Or is, basically anything I make up basically good, within reason?

What kinds of powers do they grant? Is it a certain number of spells? Or just general control over certain elements or aspects?

Under the character creation bit of the recruitment thread, it says a power/ability/technique section for each of the major gods they are created from, plus two utility abilities from their minor god. Could you expand on this a bit, please?

Like, does that mean a single power/ability/technique from each god their minor god has an element shared with from a major god? Like, say, a god of water sharing Life & Order, giving two powers? What would those powers look like, as an example? Perhaps restoration/healing magics for one, and protection magics for another? Or is it more like a single spell, like a spell to heal wounds, and a second would be to cure poisons, or perhaps cast a protection spell instead?

And what would utility abilities look like?

Alright, so I decided that Ignis would vaguely remember their heroic path from their past life, as if from a dream, but the only thing they distinctly remember was what killed them. And I decided to fit with the whole idea I'd given them that they'd have been a warrior-mage in their previous life.

From what I’m seeing, we’re gonna have one hell of a line up of characters. This is good yeeeees, UNLIMITED POWA!

Ok so just wanted to clarify quickly, Ignis is non-binary and their preferred pronouns are they/them, but they have a more masculine voicebox and they assume they were a male in their previous life, so they don’t mind he/him pronouns either.

Are minor gods able to use their own powers? Or are they unable to, which is why they need the Tenyo?

Are there a list of minor gods? Or is, basically anything I make up basically good, within reason?

What kinds of powers do they grant? Is it a certain number of spells? Or just general control over certain elements or aspects?

Under the character creation bit of the recruitment thread, it says a power/ability/technique section for each of the major gods they are created from, plus two utility abilities from their minor god. Could you expand on this a bit, please?

Like, does that mean a single power/ability/technique from each god their minor god has an element shared with from a major god? Like, say, a god of water sharing Life & Order, giving two powers? What would those powers look like, as an example? Perhaps restoration/healing magics for one, and protection magics for another? Or is it more like a single spell, like a spell to heal wounds, and a second would be to cure poisons, or perhaps cast a protection spell instead?

And what would utility abilities look like?
Minor gods are able to use their own powers, however, without the people they give them to, if something were to happen to them during war there would be nobody to harness their abilities as their successor, so they’d lose numbers and utility in their army. Think of it like the people they give their ability to are sort of their successors, and if the minor god were to die, those who were given their power would still have it.

There isn’t a specific list of minor gods, so go ahead and be creative! Within reason, of course.

They grant the power of whichever element they control, and they pass down one unique spell to an individual!

Mixed abilities are all dependent down to perspective of the individual. The examples you gave are excellent in explaining! It would be a single spell based on a combination of the two.

And, utility abilities would be a sort of non-combat-based ability. Sort of like an ability given by their allegiance that wouldn’t necessarily be meant for combat, but strategically could be in theory.

Sorry if I’m not making much sense, I am a bit tired, ehe

Minor gods are able to use their own powers, however, without the people they give them to, if something were to happen to them during war there would be nobody to harness their abilities as their successor, so they’d lose numbers and utility in their army. Think of it like the people they give their ability to are sort of their successors, and if the minor god were to die, those who were given their power would still have it.

There isn’t a specific list of minor gods, so go ahead and be creative! Within reason, of course.

They grant the power of whichever element they control, and they pass down one unique spell to an individual!

Mixed abilities are all dependent down to perspective of the individual. The examples you gave are excellent in explaining! It would be a single spell based on a combination of the two.

And, utility abilities would be a sort of non-combat-based ability. Sort of like an ability given by their allegiance that wouldn’t necessarily be meant for combat, but strategically could be in theory.

Sorry if I’m not making much sense, I am a bit tired, ehe
No worries. People hardly ever make sense. That's why we need so many words! Otherwise I could just, afoisuhoiewugri, and you'd understand what I meant. You didn't understand that, right? Didn't think so. You humans and your silliness! :P

So, let me make sure I understand it all correctly. So, let's say my Tenyo has a minor god of Life & Order. Even with multiple major gods that they are under, being only a single minor god, they grant only a single spell? Or would there be one spell per major god the minor god was part of? If it is a single spell, would it be allowed to be more complex the more major gods are part of the minor god? Like, a healing spell (Life) that can not only heal wounds, but also reshape skin & bones (Life & Order)?

Could you help me understand utility abilities better? Would healing abilities be considered combat spells? Could they be utility? What about protective spells? Or, perhaps, something like being able to extract water from materials? Maybe perception enhancements, like being able to react and flow like water? Or to enhance eyesight, like creating a lens from water to magnify things? Perhaps the ability to create mist? Could you perhaps also provide a few examples of utility abilities?

A Tenyo's power level is based on their relationship with their minor god. Let's say they really hate each other, but the minor god dies. Does the Tenyo gain full power? Or is it locked at the level it was when the god died?

I can’t wait! Also, let me know if I miss anything or get anything wrong on the sheet, I tend to miss some things occasionally.

No worries. People hardly ever make sense. That's why we need so many words! Otherwise I could just, afoisuhoiewugri, and you'd understand what I meant. You didn't understand that, right? Didn't think so. You humans and your silliness! :P

So, let me make sure I understand it all correctly. So, let's say my Tenyo has a minor god of Life & Order. Even with multiple major gods that they are under, being only a single minor god, they grant only a single spell? Or would there be one spell per major god the minor god was part of? If it is a single spell, would it be allowed to be more complex the more major gods are part of the minor god? Like, a healing spell (Life) that can not only heal wounds, but also reshape skin & bones (Life & Order)?

Could you help me understand utility abilities better? Would healing abilities be considered combat spells? Could they be utility? What about protective spells? Or, perhaps, something like being able to extract water from materials? Maybe perception enhancements, like being able to react and flow like water? Or to enhance eyesight, like creating a lens from water to magnify things? Perhaps the ability to create mist? Could you perhaps also provide a few examples of utility abilities?

A Tenyo's power level is based on their relationship with their minor god. Let's say they really hate each other, but the minor god dies. Does the Tenyo gain full power? Or is it locked at the level it was when the god died?
To answer that very last one, the power is locked at the level it was when the god dies.

As for the utility abilities, Healing would be considered a utility as well as the water extraction abilities. enhancement and protective spells are seperate branches of magic on their own.

To answer that very last one, the power is locked at the level it was when the god dies.

As for the utility abilities, Healing would be considered a utility as well as the water extraction abilities. enhancement and protective spells are seperate branches of magic on their own.
Thanks! Could a god grant only some abilities, but hold others back? Like, say, grant healing utility, but hold back their normally granted spell?

This makes me so happy! I think I'll have a god of water grant my asshole Tenyo healing, and maybe another utility, in the hopes it'll make them less of an asshole, but without actual offensive spells.

As for the spell, is it, like, a single type of action, like, the spell can do one thing, or, perhaps, can it be versatile, like a general control over water and the ability to manipulate it, like into shapes, or thrown forcefully to attack? Or can it only be, like, for example, used as a blast?

You can offer Idea's to the table, This thing is still in development and we're always looking to add to this, otherwise if we had set Idea's already, then it wouldn't be Custom.

So if you want to have a general control over water, I don't mind, but There will be only a certain amount of times any of these magic abilities can be used.

You can offer Idea's to the table, This thing is still in development and we're always looking to add to this, otherwise if we had set Idea's already, then it wouldn't be Custom.

So if you want to have a general control over water, I don't mind, but There will be only a certain amount of times any of these magic abilities can be used.
A general control may be difficult to relate methinks. As opposed to a specific action a spell does.

To me, it would seem like it all depends on the magic system and how much you want to moderate. XD

Speaking of the magic system, how does that work? Is it based on energy? Or perhaps a certain number of charges per day? Do words or motions need to be used? Or is it just a thought?

Or, by custom, do you mean it can be different for each individual?

Sorry I have so many questions. D:

The CS will be sometime today
A general control may be difficult to relate methinks. As opposed to a specific action a spell does.

To me, it would seem like it all depends on the magic system and how much you want to moderate. XD

Speaking of the magic system, how does that work? Is it based on energy? Or perhaps a certain number of charges per day? Do words or motions need to be used? Or is it just a thought?

Or, by custom, do you mean it can be different for each individual?

Sorry I have so many questions. D:
A certain number of charges per day, and by custom, I just mean Ideas are welcome in this, like if you feel like somethings missing or you want to add something to the RP, feel free to let me or yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy know

The CS will be sometime today

A certain number of charges per day, and by custom, I just mean Ideas are welcome in this, like if you feel like somethings missing or you want to add something to the RP, feel free to let me or yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy know
Thanks! This is kinda what I was hoping for! I was thinking of having a certain number of charges. I already know how my spell and one utility will work. The healing utility will have a bunch of charges. Small wounds, like cuts and scrapes, will take a single charge. Large wounds will take a handful. Broken bones or severed limbs will take a massive amount, and near death recovery will take even more.

I was thinking something along the lines of 50 charges. A small paper cut would take a single charge. A torn ligament could take five. A broken bone, 15. Severed limb, 25. Near death, 50. That is, of course, what it takes to fully heal the wounds. Just a thought. What do you think?

As for the spell, I'm thinking from a water god, would be to form ice spheres. 1 sphere for 1 charge. Not sure how many charges I want them to have. They would be able to freely move the spheres about them. Maybe fist sized. As well as launch them for a blunt-force attack. Nothing super fancy. Like a baseball player throwing a fastball level of force? I don't want it to be too strong, as I want my Tenyo to be more a healer/utility one. But I'm not sure how strong everyone else will be. I can scale better compared to others when I know more. What are your thoughts?

As for the second utility, it'll be water extraction from inanimate objects, like the soil, or rocks, which would be used to create their ice spheres. Or for drinking water/putting out fires, etc.

Thanks! This is kinda what I was hoping for! I was thinking of having a certain number of charges. I already know how my spell and one utility will work. The healing utility will have a bunch of charges. Small wounds, like cuts and scrapes, will take a single charge. Large wounds will take a handful. Broken bones or severed limbs will take a massive amount, and near death recovery will take even more.

I was thinking something along the lines of 50 charges. A small paper cut would take a single charge. A torn ligament could take five. A broken bone, 15. Severed limb, 25. Near death, 50. That is, of course, what it takes to fully heal the wounds. Just a thought. What do you think?

As for the spell, I'm thinking from a water god, would be to form ice spheres. 1 sphere for 1 charge. Not sure how many charges I want them to have. They would be able to freely move the spheres about them. Maybe fist sized. As well as launch them for a blunt-force attack. Nothing super fancy. Like a baseball player throwing a fastball level of force? I don't want it to be too strong, as I want my Tenyo to be more a healer/utility one. But I'm not sure how strong everyone else will be. I can scale better compared to others when I know more. What are your thoughts?

As for the second utility, it'll be water extraction from inanimate objects, like the soil, or rocks, which would be used to create their ice spheres. Or for drinking water/putting out fires, etc.
For the first thing, Yeah, that sounds like a great Idea, same with the ice sphere's doesn't seem to be too Overpowered, but just enough.

CS is made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back