• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Custom Anime RP (Name in Development) [OOC]

Characters
Here
Ask your questions or just chat, your choice
You can't tell me what to do! I'm my own Baphomet!

Anyways, hi! :)
Tenyo are created as adults, with the full knowledge that they are a Tenyo! Though, if you’d like, there can definitely be an instance where a Tenyo may not know they are one for any multitude of reasons! I am thinking that as a character idea myself!

Hehe,,

No, they aren’t born. They’re created as an adult (or, at least they can appear as one. However old your Tenyo appears is up to you), and they’ve been around more recently! So, some characters may very well be unfamiliar with the idea of them, or outright might not know they exist, considering they can look like anybody! They’ve sort of been obscure, but have existed for quite some time, gaining more attention as of recent! So, there could be plenty of history behind your character!

And, thank you much for the offer! Definitely worth consideration!

Since the OOC thread is being created, we can go ahead and continue discussions there if you’d so like to!
Coolio, dude! Do Tenyo have a life-span/expectancy?

Do they have other innate knowledges besides they are a Tenyo? Like about the war, the gods, major & minor? What about the goings-on of the world? Other stuff too. Like how lasagna tastes?

About the minor god that created each Tenyo. Do they always follow them around, no matter what? Do they have an invisible tether or something? A distance limit? Or what keeps them around? Do they go to the bathroom with them? Do Tenyo use the bathroom? Do they eat? Share other biological functions with other creatures?

You can't tell me what to do! I'm my own Baphomet!

Anyways, hi! :)

Coolio, dude! Do Tenyo have a life-span/expectancy?

Do they have other innate knowledges besides they are a Tenyo? Like about the war, the gods, major & minor? What about the goings-on of the world? Other stuff too. Like how lasagna tastes?

About the minor god that created each Tenyo. Do they always follow them around, no matter what? Do they have an invisible tether or something? A distance limit? Or what keeps them around? Do they go to the bathroom with them? Do Tenyo use the bathroom? Do they eat? Share other biological functions with other creatures?
They do not have an expectancy, I believe in terms of age, but they can still die, you know?

Tenyo can be educated about the war, the gods, but it would all be through the perspective of who’s teaching them! As members of society, they’d definitely be aware of ongoings, and being ‘alive’, I feel as if it’s subjective for senses like taste, touch, etc. It may depend on whether or not their minor god gave them those feelings! :0

They’re definitely not stalker-ish! Aha! Nono, unless you so desire your Tenyo to be monitored 24/7 by their minor god, they will not be. But, they will definitely have a bond with their Tenyo, and can be called upon if desired, but they will always remain within a close distance, you understand?

Ahah,,

I don’t particularly imagine an all-technology Tenyo having the need to use the bathroom, but I suppose that if your Tenyo eats, then it would? It would definitely share ~similar~ biological functions, but not all. Tenyo of course wouldn’t be able to have children, nor grow older biologically or through physical appearance.

They do not have an expectancy, I believe in terms of age, but they can still die, you know?

Tenyo can be educated about the war, the gods, but it would all be through the perspective of who’s teaching them! As members of society, they’d definitely be aware of ongoings, and being ‘alive’, I feel as if it’s subjective for senses like taste, touch, etc. It may depend on whether or not their minor god gave them those feelings! :0

They’re definitely not stalker-ish! Aha! Nono, unless you so desire your Tenyo to be monitored 24/7 by their minor god, they will not be. But, they will definitely have a bond with their Tenyo, and can be called upon if desired, but they will always remain within a close distance, you understand?

Ahah,,

I don’t particularly imagine an all-technology Tenyo having the need to use the bathroom, but I suppose that if your Tenyo eats, then it would? It would definitely share ~similar~ biological functions, but not all. Tenyo of course wouldn’t be able to have children, nor grow older biologically or through physical appearance.
This is so interesting! I am falling more and more in love with this concept! There's so much room for customization! Like, a Tenyo that can't feel pain would be a monster on the battlefield! :O I can definitely mess with these to make my Tenyo an asshole.

So, the minor gods. I'd love to learn more about there. Are there a preset number of them? What are they? Like, the god of thunder? The god of muffins? Or, just, like, Bob, a minor god?

Are the minor gods creations of the major gods? A by-product?

How do they create Tenyo? What powers, abilities, knowledge & limits do they have?

A Tenyo that couldn't feel pain could still be killed, but yeah, it would freak enemies out on a battlefield

A Tenyo that couldn't feel pain could still be killed, but yeah, it would freak enemies out on a battlefield
Absolutely! Reminds me of the enemies from Eragon that couldn't feel pain. They typically weren't skilled, but caused great mayhem, physically and psychologically, before eventually being killed.

Hmmmm, simply created you say? Well shoot I might want to back away from that class if I’m going to implement the backstory I’m cooking up. Oh well, not a deal breaker in the slightest. Thanks for all this lore btw, makes character creation fit better in the world. Probably going to have mine revolve around the possibilities magitech brings in regards to advancing the species of this world.

Alright, seeing as there's an OOC thread, Imma go ahead and post my reference image! This is my guy (the gender neutral term, they're actually nonbinary) Ignis! They were once a normal human, but died in a freak fire trying to save their friends. They don't remember their original name, or any of their original memories, except for the freak fire. Ignis knows that they weren't originally a Tenyo, and that their two patron gods, Dagoran the God of Flames and Ordan the God of Destruction, took compassion on them and revived them as a Tenyo. One special power Ignis has, as a "Phoenix", is that when they get severely hurt, or otherwise fall unconscious, they can burst into flame and then revive themselves from the ashes. They also have great overall fire abilities granted to them by Dagoran, as well as exceptional combat skills granted to them by Ordan.
EhsxU3gVgAADlto.jpg

Alright, seeing as there's an OOC thread, Imma go ahead and post my reference image! This is my guy (the gender neutral term, they're actually nonbinary) Ignis! They were once a normal human, but died in a freak fire trying to save their friends. They don't remember their original name, or any of their original memories, except for the freak fire. Ignis knows that they weren't originally a Tenyo, and that their two patron gods, Dagoran the God of Flames and Ordan the God of Destruction, took compassion on them and revived them as a Tenyo. One special power Ignis has, as a "Phoenix", is that when they get severely hurt, or otherwise fall unconscious, they can burst into flame and then revive themselves from the ashes. They also have great overall fire abilities granted to them by Dagoran, as well as exceptional combat skills granted to them by Ordan.
View attachment 914968
This is pretty cool. But, would that make them immortal? What kind of limits do they have? Also, I wonder if Tenyo can be made from other living beings? I was under the impression Tenyo were created from, essentially, nothing, and not made from others. Either way, pretty cool concept.

View attachment 914968
Yeah, I have some concerns with that pheonix-like ability.

This is pretty cool. But, would that make them immortal? What kind of limits do they have? Also, I wonder if Tenyo can be made from other living beings? I was under the impression Tenyo were created from, essentially, nothing, and not made from others. Either way, pretty cool concept.
Well, Ignis can still die, it would just have to be enough to kill them outright and not just make them fall unconscious. And since Ignis technically wasn't a living being when they were created, it might work.

And also I was thinking that that ability could only really be used in battle, and would have a special cooldown.

Well, yeah, only if they fall unconscious. But maybe it can only be used once per battle, or once per day or something like that, because who knows how many times they might normally fall unconscious during an adventuring day or a battle or anything?

Well, yeah, only if they fall unconscious. But maybe it can only be used once per battle, or once per day or something like that, because who knows how many times they might normally fall unconscious during an adventuring day or a battle or anything?
Perhaps once per day to make it fair and balanced

Yeah, and it recharges at the next dawn. That would make sense for the fire side, since the sun is akin to fire.

I will get back to answering questions soon! Don’t be afraid to @ or dm me at all! I have had a headache for a lil, so I’m taking some screentime off.

So the relationship between magic users and minor gods is kind of like that of warlocks and their patrons in D&D.

Once the magic is given,can it be rescinded? If the follower turns their back on a minor god for whatever reason or vice versa,does the former follower keep their magic?

Conversely,can a minor god grant power to multiple people at once? One can imagine minor gods gathering cults of empowered followers to use to expand their dominion,or as part of a power struggle.

Ooh, so based on that thought, I wanted to clarify some things about Ignis's relationship with their patron gods. I'd think they were on really good terms with the god of fire, but a bit less so with the god of destruction, just because they don't want to be associated with destruction that much. Like, Ignis still respects and admires the god of destruction, just doesn't want to wield that full power.

This is so interesting! I am falling more and more in love with this concept! There's so much room for customization! Like, a Tenyo that can't feel pain would be a monster on the battlefield! :O I can definitely mess with these to make my Tenyo an asshole.

So, the minor gods. I'd love to learn more about there. Are there a preset number of them? What are they? Like, the god of thunder? The god of muffins? Or, just, like, Bob, a minor god?

Are the minor gods creations of the major gods? A by-product?

How do they create Tenyo? What powers, abilities, knowledge & limits do they have?
There are only a few minor gods out there who’ve decided to grant their Tenyos with their powers! The minor gods are sort of a mix between different the four main elements, which allow different types of powers.

The minor gods are sort of like,, well, minor gods. Not necessarily created by them, but not powerful enough to be one of them.

Tenyo are created through the minor gods’ connections with a mix of the different elements, which allows them to be able to create many different kinds of Tenyo opposed to just being able to make something based on their element. They have their base ability based on their main allegiance, but are also granted the ability to use a certain spell that are more lenient to another element that was used to create them, considering Tenyo are made through mixes of different kinds.

Yes yes! Tenyo are their own beings that aren’t created from other life forms.

So the relationship between magic users and minor gods is kind of like that of warlocks and their patrons in D&D.

Once the magic is given,can it be rescinded? If the follower turns their back on a minor god for whatever reason or vice versa,does the former follower keep their magic?

Conversely,can a minor god grant power to multiple people at once? One can imagine minor gods gathering cults of empowered followers to use to expand their dominion,or as part of a power struggle.
Yes! A minor god is able to revoke their magic from whoever they had bestowed it upon if they find any reason in which they might want to, which would leave the former follower without their special ability and as any regular member of society. Said individual can also outright deny the ability if they simply do not want it! Some people may have done that if they didn’t want to be involved in the war.

And, yes, they are able to, though without the powers of a major god, the ability weakens slightly the more people they give it to, as it must equate between everyone. Though, people are definitely able to train and harness their abilities individually to personally grow stronger, or learn how to cope in battle with a weak ability. (Ex. They could attack faster, etc etc.)

Yes yes! Tenyo are their own beings that aren’t created from other life forms.
So since Ignis's human form was dead would that still work (since it's technically not a life form if it's not living) or would it be better to just have their soul put into a new body that just happened to be the Tenyo?

So since Ignis's human form was dead would that still work (since it's technically not a life form if it's not living) or would it be better to just have their soul put into a new body that just happened to be the Tenyo?
Their soul could very well have been put into a new body via the magic of the death allegiance, who would likely be able to manipulate that sort of thing. Perhaps they wanted to make a Tenyo that already had the memories of a warrior for the sake of ease of not having to go through reteaching them it all? :0

Hmm... well I think that the fire god would be more partial towards the Life deity, but the destruction god is definitely more affiliated with Death. So that could definitely work. I still need to figure out what kind of heroic life Ignis would have led before their human death so it could at least make that teaching part easier. I don't know if I want to keep the part where Ignis forgot all of their memories as a human except for the freak fire that killed them, we'll see.

Hmm... well I think that the fire god would be more partial towards the Life deity, but the destruction god is definitely more affiliated with Death. So that could definitely work. I still need to figure out what kind of heroic life Ignis would have led before their human death so it could at least make that teaching part easier. I don't know if I want to keep the part where Ignis forgot all of their memories as a human except for the freak fire that killed them, we'll see.
It’s all up to you, of course! I am just throwing ideas to the wind. Do not worry, you do not have to conform to what I am throwing out here!

Alright, then since it's almost 2am here, I'll think about it while I sleep and update you in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back