• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Other
Here

temporarybliss

derek hale deserved better
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It was a warm, yet breezy Summer day in Shiyoda, Japan. Spring had just ended and the warm summer air was refreshing to anyone who breathed it in. The large house that the Higurashi's called home stood taller than any of the ones around them, most of which housed small families that they’d speak to on occasion, but not frequently enough that they’d consider them friends or even acquaintances.

The neighborhood was small and cozy, one with nosey neighbors and gossiping housewives, but the Higurashi kids had ended up there after their father decided to be done with them. Things were changing in Shiyoda though, and what that meant for them they had no idea, but they’d soon come to find out as their younger brother was on his way with a special visitor.

From inside the Higurashi home where the two sisters were moving about with a bit of late spring cleaning, they could hear the hustle and bustle of the people outside walking and chattering. In all honesty, the Higurashi family didn’t have many friends since the fire, they tended to keep to themselves.

Cherry Blossoms grew on trees outside of the large mansion and the breeze blew a few petals around causing a beautiful scene in front of the old building. The house was far too large for them to clean it all in one go, and it was still tidy, just a bit dusty from all of the empty space they had. “Okay,” Asuna sighed, dropping the dish in hand into the sink, “That’s it, I give up. I’ll finish later when Hikaru gets home, he needs to do some of the work too.” The girl wiped her hands on a towel and walked from the kitchen.

The brunette hurried to the couch and plopped down on it, letting her hair down out of the ponytail it had been in as she groaned. School was finally over and now they were on summer break which was the perfect break she could ask for, school always stressed her out and for now she’d have a break from stress, at least she hoped she would.

the human

asuna.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood devious

location bookstore

outfit here

role the snake

tag n/a

Miura, Aki

/* ------ right side ------ */

Aki’s lithe fingers flipped through the bin of waxy magazine covers with a practiced ease, his eyes taking only but a moment to scan the titles for the small mental list he was in search of. Two magazines were already tucked neatly under his arm for safekeeping, their glossy covers reflecting back the pale fluorescent lighting of the washed out bookstore.

“Um, excuse me?” A small voice pulled him from his haze of concentration. Aki’s eyes slid over slyly, taking in a young woman who had appeared at his side. She was dressed fashionably, her arms pulled into her chest as if she was trying to appear somehow smaller and as unintimidating as possible. “Um—I was interested in that magazine at the front of that stack, if you don’t mind me taking it quickly?” She smiled at Aki softly, her round eyes turning glossy in a silent plea.

Aki took a half step back, his slender hand having stopped its deft browsing of the editions before him. He looked down, cocked his head slightly at the title of the magazine she was referring to, then turned his attention back to the young woman at his side. “I was actually planning on purchasing that one,” he deadpanned, his expression unchanging as he addressed her.

The young woman shifted uncomfortably, her mouth shifting into a round ‘o’ as she processed Aki’s statement. “Oh—oh I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude. I had just assumed that because you weren’t looking at it or holding it--and it’s about make up so I didn’t think you’d personally be interested in that because--I mean, not that you couldn’t be into makeup if you wanted to, I just--” she stammered through her sentence, cheeks flushing pink. The woman held her hands up to her cheeks, no doubt feeling the heat that flooded through them. It was a cute reaction. “Ah--nevermind forget I said anything at all, it’s unimportant.” She offered a sheepish bow, her eyes pinning to anything that wasn’t Aki’s face, before motioning to leave.

A dangerously sly smile crawled across Aki’s face for a brief second, almost like an illusion, before he replaced it with a warm, jovial look instead. “Ah—forgive me, I was only joking. It’s all yours, have at it,” he said, reaching forward to grab the smooth magazine before handing it over to the young woman. The glossy cover shouted bold colors and loud typography across the front. He eyed it curiously, having not taken any time to actually read what was on it, save the title. The woman faltered for a moment, taken aback by Aki’s odd behavior before bowing shallowly several times and scurrying away.

Aki watched the young woman as she made her way through the crowded bookstore shelves back over to her friends, the expression on his face unreadable. Her body language was slack, almost crumpled in her defeated embarrassment. It was a hobby of his to provoke the people around him into some kind of reaction, just to see how each person would respond when confronted with an embarrassing or awkward situation. Watching others scramble when their confidence in social etiquette seemed to have slipped was always amusing. Not like they had actually misunderstood any cues, it was all due to Aki’s deliberate bucking of societal norms that caused those around him to boil in distress. He turned his attention back to the crates of magazines before him. Some would say he enjoyed this hobby of finding amusement in others’ distress a bit--too much for his own good.

The young man strode up to the front of the bookstore, eyes sliding to his peripheral as the group of friends the young woman had rejoined were now exiting the store while chatting amiably. He could feel her gaze on him as they walked outside and past the window, her leftover embarrassment still clinging to a light blush on her cheeks. Aki never left them to stew in discomfort for long, always correcting the awkwardness his meddling caused with a kind smile and soft words to ensure them no harm had actually been done. It was the least he could do, no? He thanked the cashier and after receiving his change, slid the pile of magazines from the counter and made his way outside as well.

Summer was beginning to show itself in the air, the light humidity and warmth of the sun pricking at the back of his neck. Aki shifted slightly, adjusting the bag he had slung over his shoulder. His gait was languid but calculated, mind drifting elsewhere as he made a mental note of the items his aunt had listed for him to pick up on his way back from class. Aki counted on pale fingers which stores to visit as he walked down the calm streets of Shiyoda, trying to outline the most convenient route he could take.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

scroll
HARU ITA

Shiyoda; Shiyoda Library

Hikaru Higarashi; various others

Haru woke with a groggy start. Something unusual for him. Not that he was much of a morning person but he took good care of his body and mind. He felt sluggish, even after getting the recommended eight hours of sleep. He yawned, reaching up and rubbing the sleepy haze from his eyes. He groaned to himself in a low tone. Something else unusual for himself to do. He was a quiet person and never really gave any indication of dissatisfaction or discomfort of any sort. He felt it to be rude.

Blinking slowly, he looked around his room, noticing that nothing else seemed out of place and when his eyes stopped at the small window next to his bed, he leaned forward at what felt like a glacier pace and pushed aside the curtain. The morning sun was just cresting over the city limits; the early morning commuters making their way to their jobs quietly as they could in the dawn. He yawned again, feeling the heaviness of fatigue lulling him back to bed. He could feel his eyelids fighting to stay open and without a second thought, he slapped his right hand against his cheek–successfully shocking himself awake.

With a shake of his head, he threw back his blankets and swung his feet to the side, standing up completely and stretched. He made a soft grunt but just as he was about to take a step towards the bathroom, he felt woozy and lightheaded. He steadied himself quickly and reached up to hold his hands to his head, hoping that it would ease the swaying he felt. He took a deep breath, suddenly feeling like he was going to be sick. He lowered a hand to his mouth, plopping back down on the edge of the bed and took slow and even breaths.

The last time he had felt this way was when he was a kid and ended up in the hospital.

He didn’t have the luxury of that happening again. He took a few more even breaths as the sickly feeling he had subsided and he gave out a little sigh. He stood up again, slower this time and when the lightheaded feeling didn’t come on this time, he chalked it up as just standing up too quickly after waking. It wasn’t a big deal.

He spent the rest of his morning getting ready for work. Washing his face, his teeth, getting dressed and then preparing his lunch bento. He grabbed for his satchel bag and took one last look around to make sure he was forgetting anything. Slipping on his boots, he sat down on the step from the front door that led up to the landing where the modest size foyer was and tied his shoes. He stood up slowly and left the Higurashi's. The door shut behind him with a soft snap as he walked towards the sidewalk, he pulled his long ebony locks into a high ponytail, leaving his bangs to frame his face perfectly. He was halfway down the front walkway when he falter when another wave of lightheadedness attacked him and he nearly stumbled. Catching himself, he leaned over slightly as his hands rested on his thighs to steady himself, nearly gagging at the bile that scorched his throat but didn’t leave his mouth. Swallowing it back down almost instinctively before he let out a shallow breath.

“Are you alright, young man?” A business man walking by called out to him, stopping at the entrance way of the large house. Haru looked up at him from his frozen spot, hunched over and just nodded.
“I’m fine, Sir.” His voice was raspy and breathless. It didn’t quite convince the older man, and Haru cleared his throat, straightening himself up and giving the elder a forced smile, “I just tripped.”
“Ah, well you be careful now.” The male said with a nod of his head, and continued on his way.
“Yeah…” Haru said softly, talking mostly to himself. He took a deep breath and reached up to touch his forehead again, begging for that swimming feeling to leave him. “What the hell is wrong with me?”

He took a few more breaths before he started to feel better again and went about his way. Pulling his phone from his pants pocket, he looked at the time and sighed, ‘If I don’t hurry, I’ll be late.’

Quickly as he could, he made it to the train station and boarded the train he needed just as the doors were about to close and found a seat near the middle. Sitting with a winded sigh, he pulled his satchel bag to his lap and rested his head back against the cool window and closed his eyes. Maybe he was just stressed? He had been putting in a lot more hours at the Library and not eating as much lately because of that. That was probably just it. Nothing to worry about.

Getting off at the right station, he weaved his way through the streets up to the Library – by this time, the streets began to get full of people going to work, or students going to school. He was always so careful of not bumping into anyone in his rush, not wanting to accidentally hurt someone or worse, making himself more late than he already felt. He bowed his head respectfully to a known customer as they were leaving, and slipped in through the door before it closed completely. He quickly made his way behind the customer service desk to the backroom where he could put his things in his locker and grab the uniform jacket that he normally kept there. He slipped it on and made sure his tie was in place before he walked back out of the room and up to the nearest computer so that he could clock in.

Luckily, Haru made it just in time and the sigh of relief that left him caught the attention of his coworker, Missa. She looked at him with shock, her eyes wide and a small hint of a teasing smile pulling at her soft pink painted lips.
“Haru, was that a sigh I just heard from you?” She teased softly, her eyes trained on him intently.
The male just glanced at his coworker, not a single part of his mask of indifference out of place as he regarded her. “I do breathe.”
“That could have fooled me.” She joked, her eyes going from wide to accusatory, “I was sure you were a machine.”
“Perhaps you should find a way to turn into a machine, you would be more efficient at your work.” Haru shot back lazily. They stared at one another for a long moment before a wide smile cracked on Missa’s pretty face and a small giggle left her. Haru’s lips twitched in a half smile for just the briefest of seconds before settling back in its usual frown. Or its usual RBF position as Missa liked to call it. It was like this between them most of the time. They both had their own ways of teasing the other and after working with one another for as long as they had, it was just a common thing to witness. Most people would think they hated one another but in fact they were good work friends--at the least. They didn't often meet up outside of work, except for the once in awhile coffee date, but other than that, there was nothing outside of their work friendship.
“Ms. Aishikawa asked if you could put the reference books back before she left for the bank.” Missa said gently after finishing her small giggles. She pointed to the rolling carts filled with books that most students needed but couldn’t check out of the library for research. Haru just nodded and began rolling the cart from behind the service desk to the small ramp that led to the back part of the library.

He began his work diligently, completely the first cart in record time. By the time he got to the fourth cart, it must have been noon, and the soft chatter of students, kids and other people talking in hushed tones filled between the stacks and tables. Haru kept to himself, mostly doing his best to get through the reference book carts as quickly as he could. He was just nearly done with the second shelf of the fifth cart when a young woman turned the corner of the shelves he was standing at and smiled when she finally found him.

Her footsteps were light, but her perfume filled the space between them and Haru turned slightly to glance at her. He noticed the way she fidgeted slightly and blushed softly when their eyes caught for a moment before she turned her eyes downwards. “Excuse me…Mr. Ita?”
“Yes, Ms. Hanahime? Did you need help finding a reference book?” Haru paused in what he was doing to give her his full attention.
“N-No…” She stuttered softly, her fingers tangling in the material of her school uniform skirt. She stood before him awkwardly, her face becoming more red as she desperately tried to get her feelings out. “I-I-I wanted to say something to you…”
“Oh, okay.” Haru placed the book he had been holding back on the cart and turned to face her completely now. After a pause, he watched her carefully, his head tilting to the side a bit, his long hair falling from his shoulder like a smooth silk ribbon. It caught her eyes and she stared at the soft looking strands, longing to feel it between her fingers. The silence between them grew and although it didn’t show on his face, he was beginning to get confused and concerned for the girl’s wellbeing. She looked flustered and red and he wondered if she was feeling ill.
“Are you feeling well, Ms. Hanahime?” Haru asked suddenly, “You look flushed.”
“I f-feel fine.” She stammered on, becoming more red. Her inner monologue went crazy about how he noticed her blushing. She took a deep breath and looked up into his eyes with a determination that he had never seen from her before, not even when she was studying for last year's finals. “Mr. Ita, you’re very kind and a hard worker and although you don’t ever show it, I know you care for everyone that comes in here…and if it wasn’t for your help last year, I don’t think I would have made it through my finals, and I just w-wanted to say that I really l–”
“Warm vanilla.” Haru suddenly said, cutting her off unintentionally.
“Warm vanilla?” She asked confused, her fists tightening more in her skirt. She couldn’t believe that she had worked up all this courage to tell him how she felt and he just cut her off before her confession like that…and by saying something so completely random.
“Your perfume.” He stated simply. “I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it reminded me of until just now.”
“My perfume?” She blinked a few times as the information settled into her brain. She blushed a deeper red as the inner monologue rampantly flashed through her body and soul at the realization that at least some part of him was always thinking about her. Always trying to figure out what kind of perfume she was wearing. Her cheeks were a deep red and she let the knowledge of her delusion fuel her until she marched directly up to him, nearly closing the space between them. Her sudden movements caught Haru off guard and he took a cautious step back and was trapped by the cart of books behind him, the wheels not budging from the brake he put in place like you were supposed to for safety reasons, but now regretting. “Mr. Ita I really like you and I think I know you well enough that I would be the perfect girlfriend for you, please go on a date with me so you can see that we are perfect for each other!”

Her proclamation sent an alarming shiver to run down his spine. For the first time in a long time, someone else surprised him to the point of breaking his mask of indifference and as his lips hung open in a gape, his mind frantically searching for a way to escape the trap he was in, he couldn’t help but notice the way she kept leaning in towards him. He prayed to any higher being that could hear him, that someone, anyone for that matter would come around the corner and help him.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

scroll

The Cat

Yua N.

mood

Indifferent

outfit

A simple black shirt and pants. Black, beat up, sneakers. Hair pulled into a ponytail. Light gray apron with the store's logo in the middle of the chest area.

Shiyoda; Shiyoda University Convenience Store

Yua flipped back and forth between the pages of the order receipt she had in her hand looking for the crate of fresh oranges that were the last thing the delivery man dropped off from his truck. She started to get agitated not being able to find the item on the list but didn’t let it show on her face. This was the third week in a row where there was either an extra item given to them that was supposed to go to someone else’s delivery or something was missing from their delivery. With a heavy sigh, she looked back up to the man in the alley way, closing the door to the bag of his truck.
“Sir, wait.” She called out to him. He looked over his shoulder at her, his eyes narrowing in an irritated way. “These don’t belong to us.”
“Hey! I just make the deliveries!” He huffed out just as annoyed as he looked.
“I can’t take them if they are not meant for me.” Yua tried to stay as calm as she could, but this driver was getting on her last nerve. From the moment he pounded his fist on the back door for the delivery, he got under her skin. She was already working a double that day, the last thing she wanted to deal with was some crabby delivery guy who couldn’t even do his job right. “Just take them away. I don’t care what you do with them when you do. Don’t leave them here. I don’t even have room in the store for these.”
“Look, lady, this is my last delivery for the day. If I take them back, then I have all this paperwork to fill out, and I don’t want to.” He scowled at her, reaching up to scratch the top of his balding head. “Why don’t you take them and give them out or somethin’. Not my problem.”
Yua took a deep breath, slowly trying to count to ten to control her temper. “Mister if you leave these here I will call your supervisor and I will have some choice words for you. Take the damn oranges!”

The delivery driver took a step back, throwing his hands up in reflex and gave a nervous chuckle. The angry glint in her eyes was enough to have him running for the hills and before she could say another word, he tossed the crate of oranges in the back of his truck, locked the back door up and high tailed it out of there as fast as he could without being reckless. One last heavy sigh left Yua’s lips before she began the heavy lifting to get the correct items into the back room of the convenience store she worked at.

She began pricing things, and placing the back stock in the right locations before filling up the restock cart and going through the small aisles to fill the shelves and drink fridges. After an hour of hard labor, she put the cart back and went through another door from the back to get behind the counter that was blocked off by a large counter and thick, plexiglass windows. There was a wide enough opening between the counter and the plexiglass that people could place their goods to be scanned, money and receipts could be exchanged. There was a small stool that sat next to where the register was and in front of that gap. Yua sat down on the stool, pulled out a book from her physics class and her notebook and began to take notes–studying for an upcoming test in class–between customers.

Every now and then she would glance at the small digital clock that was taped to the top of the register, the dread she was feeling for the long day filling her more and more. She honestly was just feeling so tired and wanted to go home and sleep the rest of the day. But she knew that she needed to make money to help pay for school. So she decided to just ignore the infernal jerk that counted her very seconds away and focus on her studies.

She was lucky enough that the store owner allowed her to study between customers–especially on days like this where she had to work a double–otherwise she wouldn’t get any time at all to study. Her grades were starting to slip a little and she was beginning to panic. She needed to stay focused and get through this exam and she should have enough credit to be able to relax towards the end of the semester if she wanted to. Not that she ever would, but the option to be able to was always nice.

♡coded by uxie♡

Yuriko stared at herself in the near floor to ceiling mirror in her room, moving side to side, a soured look on her face. She was having a hard time deciding if the outfit she was wearing was cute enough to be seen in public. The last time she had to worry about such a thing was when she was in elementary school - the last time she attended a school with other students. She smoothed her small hands over the dress she was wearing. She sighed as she figured the one she was wearing might have been a little too extravagant for a day out getting school supplies.

Rummaging through her closet, she finally picked out a dark blue almost black shirt with sheer cap sleeves and a peach colored skirt that sat perfectly at her waist. She slipped on a simple pair of sandals that buckled at the ankle. She ran her fingers through her dark brown hair and smoothed any wayward strands into place. Grabbing a small, thin strapped, cross-body purse, she checked her phone one last time for the weather, hoping that it wouldn’t suddenly storm and she went without an umbrella. She placed her phone in her bag and quickly made her down the stairs where several of the servants paused to bow respectfully to her. She was just making it to the front door when one of the butlers stopped her in her tracks.
“Miss. Nakajima, where are you going in such a hurry?” Taka, one of the eldest butlers that was employed by her parents looked down at the young girl, a gray eyebrow raising in curiosity.
“N-nowhere!” Yuriko huffed out, her hand firmly gripping the doorknob.
“Well, surely, Ryo could give you a ride to Nowhere.” He pressed. He could see the girl tense at the suggestion before she turned sharply on her heel to face him, a determined look on her face.
“I can go by myself!” She huffed in a bratty tone at the man. “I don’t need a bodyguard everywhere I go!”
“Miss. Nakajima, I just meant that town is a very far walk from here and the heat will surely be no joke. You have to remember, your body can not handle such stresses.” He stared her down and her cheeks reddened at the shame she felt for the way she responded to him.
“I…” she started, turning away from him, thinking it over as she opened the door and was immediately hit with the almost sweltering humidity of the summer air. “I guess that will be fine.”

Soon enough she was in the back of one of the many town cars her family owned and she was riding through the streets until they began to hit the busier streets of the city. She stared out of the tinted window in awe at the beauty of the busy streets and sidewalks. She could barely contain her excitement until she told Ryo to drop her off near the train station. He pulled over and quickly made it to her side to open the door for her. He told her to give him a call when she was ready to leave and he would meet her here to pick her up. He wished her luck and watched as she walked back towards the shopping center.

Standing by a large fountain, she looked around at all the people, unbelieving for a moment that this was all real. She felt like a normal school student. Spending summer break to get ready for the next semester to begin. She couldn’t believe that her parents finally allowed her to go to public school, but she certainly knew that if it wasn’t for Anzu helping her to convince her parents, she would not be here. She watched as a couple of girls that looked to be her age began to walk in her direction and she thought it would be the perfect opportunity to ask where the supply store that was on her list to get her books and other needed items she needed for her classes. It looked like they were carrying bags from the very store she needed.

As they came closer, Yuriko pulled out her list from her purse and stepped almost in their path, waving shyly at them, “Umm…excuse me?”
“Yeah?” The girl in the middle narrowed her eyes at the green eyed girl, “What do you want?”
“C-Could you possibly tell me where this store is?” Yuriko blushed slightly at the sudden embarrassment she felt with the way the other female was regarding her. She held up the list and pointed to the store she needed.
The girl glanced at the list, then moved the plastic bag she had been holding behind her back and placed her free hand on her hip, “No idea.” She commented snidely.
“But it looks like you just came from here.” Yuriko looked at her confused, glancing down at the bag she could clearly see she was trying to hide.
“Nope.” The girl laughed in her face, before urging her friends on, who just stood at her sides smirking darkly at Yuriko. They giggled and walked past her, making fun as they continued on their way.

Yuriko stood there dumbfounded for a moment before huffing to herself and just headed in the direction they came from. From her deductions, it had to be that way. She looked up at the store names glancing down every so often to the list in her hand to make sure she knew what she was looking for. With a sigh, she stopped in her tracks, feeling the heat getting to her for a moment, and moved to lean against the front of a small shop next to her. The humidity clung to her and made her feel breathless as it felt like her lungs were filling with water. Her cheeks were flushed and she reached a hand up to fan at her face. Closing her eyes for a second she thought that maybe this was a terrible idea after all and she should just go home.

“Are you okay?” She suddenly heard, shooting open her eyes, looking into the impossibly shiney brown eyes of a young boy. She stiffened at the sudden closeness he was at when he stepped toward her more. “Are you sick?”
“Huh?” She asked dumbly before the words registered in her brain. “Oh, no, I’m just resting. It’s impossibly hot.”
“Well, duh, it’s Summer!” he looked at her with a look that suggesting he was thinking she was stupid or something.
She huffed and turned her head away, sticking her aristocratic nose up in the air. “Go away, you’re bothering me.” She demanded of him. He raised a brow up at her and a sly smile pulled at his lips.
“Well, you’re in my way, so if you move I can certainly do that.” He cocked his head to the side a bit, calling attention to the door of the cafe she actually leaned against.
“Oh!” She blushed slightly and moved away from the door. She moved to step around the boy when he noticed the note in her hand.
“That store is right around the corner by the way.” He said in passing as he entered the cafe. She blinked in his direction before a smile brightened her face and she waved to him, rushing off in the direction he said. Ignoring the way he stared after her.

Finally making it to the cool air conditioned shop she had been looking for. She sighed in relief and looked back down at the small bulleted list of things she needed. She grabbed a basket to put the items in and silently weaved her way through aisles upon aisles desperately trying to find what she needed. Just when she thought she found something on her list, it was either taken by someone else a little quicker than her or it was the wrong thing.

She was increasingly becoming frustrated and mulled it over in her head to ask for help, but the fear of someone else just laughing in her face again stopped her short and she would just die of embarrassment if anyone here found out that this was the first time she was ever shopping for school supplies. She turned down another aisle that seemed to be a million miles long, but thankfully empty, she searched and searched through all the shelves and could feel the tears of annoyance brimming in her eyes.

She dropped down to a squat and held her legs close to her chest, the basket from the store at her feet, nearly empty except for the one pack of pens and automatic pencils and some cute panda erasers she managed to find. She buried her face in her knees willing for the world or herself to disappear.

the god

Yuriko

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

yuitext.png
1654229666722.png
moarte moarte

Anything and everything Yui did during the morning was all a blur, in fact, all that she could remember was jumping into her younger brother's bed and waking him up to go out shopping and eat some breakfast out as well. As most people knew, Yui was a big eater and could store all the food wherever God knew, no matter what type it was. The first place the pair had gone to was a very nice breakfast cafe where she got waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs with some orange juice. Even the waitress thought that there was going to be leftovers, but lo and behold, the young woman took every piece with pride and left nothing upon her plate. Afterwards, she had started to go shopping with her younger brother, getting new clothes for next year and things that he could enjoy like comics and video games. Granted, they were on a budget, which was why once she had finished shopping for his items, she had happily shopped for her own with him.

While looking at some cute pens for next year (Despite being a college student), she noticed a younger girl walk by, even stopping not too far to get some pens before rushing off out of the isle. At first, Yui felt an odd sense of familiarity with the girl, but couldn't recall ever seeing her. Maybe she did? As soon as the girl was out of her sights, the pink-haired girl looked back at her brother who quietly approved the cute flower-patterned pens. Tossing them into her own basket, she continued to make her way slowly down one isle after another, getting notebooks with foods or baked goods on them, sticky notes with interesting shapes to them, highlighters with the brightest colors possible while also having cute cartoon faces on the caps. She was just as spontaneous as her office supplies "Oh darn!" she shouted, pouting "We forgot to get those food-shaped erasers! I really liked those..." upon looking into her basket, she saw so many great things, but man those food-shaped erasers really hurt her spirits if she didn't get them.

Her brother's hand landed on her shoulder and he spoke softly "I'll get them for you, Yui...You can continue shopping and I'll come find you. If I can't, I'll text you..." her eyes widened and they slowly filled with tears of happiness and she shouted "You're the best brother ever!!! Thank you Rin!!!" she gave him a large warm smile and rushed off into the next isle, only to see the same girl that she spotted earlier sitting close to the ground. Raising her eyebrow, she tilted her head slightly and wondered why the girl was so close to sitting...Was she trying to look at something on the bottom shelf? Her blue gaze shifted over and didn't see an eye catcher, so no way she was getting that...right? I wonder...Is she okay? Is she tired? It is hot today so I wouldnt be too surprised. biting her lip for a moment, she walked as quietly as she could over and put her basket down next to the girl and took a seat. Legs crossed but arms pushing her skirt down to prevent prying eyes "What'cha doing all the way down here? Surely being down here isn't too fun. I mean, look at that thing, its not even cute." she pointed to the item sitting on the shelf in front of her that looked like a standard stapler. At the current moment she was just trying to crack some jokes, maybe make the girl smile some.

The more she sat next to this girl, the more she couldn't shake that odd feeling.​

Yuriko’s head shot up at the female’s voice next to her. She gasped, as a tear escaped down her cheek. She felt overwhelmed and debated with herself to have Ryo come rescue her. She chastised herself, thinking that she could really do this. Act like any other normal school girl. Go shopping for school supplies like it was an everyday task for her. She hadn’t even left her house much, let alone to do anything in busy public spaces by herself. She didn’t even know what she was looking for anymore; she felt so distraught.

Her bright green eyes glimmered with unshed tears as she looked at the pink haired female with a hope that even the heaven’s above would be jealous of. “I can’t find anything.” She sniffled slightly, “I never…” She started but stopped herself. She didn’t want to admit that she had never gone school shopping before lest the girl would laugh at her like the other ones did.

She turned her head away, wiping at her eyes and face angrily. Unsure of what to do and the embarrassment that was settling inside of her from being found like this; huddled in the middle of an aisle, crying like a little baby. She worried on her bottom lip as she tried to calm the raging emotions and she suddenly thought of Anzu and how she taught her how to calm her emotions and not take them out on others as she had so many times before. The servants at her house were testament to that behavior.

She took a deep breath before standing suddenly, and shoving her list in front of the other girl’s face, a deep crimson blush tinted her pale cheeks and over the bridge of her nose as she refused to look at the girl, “C-Can you help me find these items I need?”

Braving a glance down to the female, she suddenly felt this pull towards her. Like she had known the female for a very long time. She recalled a time when she was a child and she felt that way towards Anzu when she met her again and the words of that mysterious visitor to her hospital room as a little girl, telling her the story of the God and the Zodiac spirits that possessed the other children and how it was her fault and simultaneously her responsibility to break the curse. She wondered a moment if this girl knew about the curse and that was most likely a part of it.

However, she opted to say nothing of the matter–not wanting to seem more of a weirdo than she probably already looked.

the god

Yuriko

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Britt-21 Britt-21

Tanjiro's skin was very pale. Such a thing was to be expected thanks to how little it saw the light of day. Under the sun, his white features turned into a beacon, reflecting the UV rays onto any passerbys along with the redness on his face. Maybe that's why no one wanted to make direct eye contact with the boy as he stumbled his way through campus.

His chest heaved with the exertion, sweat pouring from his brow. To anyone who happened to look, it would seem that he had come from a marathon rather than someone who had just walked back from a convience store to his dorm room. Why... is... it... so... hot... Even his thoughts had trouble forming.

While the luggage in his hand wasn't anything extreme, just a water bottle and a few noodle cups, the backpack he carried wasn't anything to sneeze at. Two large textbooks along with 3 hardbacks and several notebook stuffed inside an industrial grade black bag that constrasted greatly against his features and overall beige clothing. Anyone would think he'd be an idiot to bring books to what was supposed to be a simple shopping trip. Tanjiro would have disagreed during the beginning of the trip. Now was a different story.

All he could do was keep putting one sneakered foot in front of the other. Just a little more... just a little farther until he could reach that sweet, sweet air conditioned dorm room. But it was all for naught as he collapsed, wheezing, into the rose bushes meant to decorate the campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back