• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Don't waste your silk, we'll probably need it to restrain something," Jerry replied. She squatted down near the edge to try and estimate the distance. "There's not enough room for the fliers, either," she noted, the hallway wasn't smaller than the hole, but there was less room for error. If Jerry had to guess, if Emil or Fia leaned even slightly in the wrong direction, they'd hit the walls. "Poli, think you can do the sticky thing we did on the bridge again?"

Jerry smiled at Poli's answer. "On the bridge, while you guys were in the bag, Poli and I avoided the dragon by sticking to the side of the bridge, I'm a pretty good climber, and Poli can stick to stuff. I've heard of mimics as ceiling fixtures, so what we're gonna do, is we're gonna find a way to anchor the rope here, Poli and I are gonna climb over, and find a way to anchor it over there, that way, you guys can cross, and once you guys are over, do it again to get it back. Sound good?"

"What happened to not knowing if Poli can support your entire weight upside down?", Adran asked.

"You got a better idea?", Jerry asked.

"That disc spell," Joanne offered, "You used it to save me when I fell off the bridge." Adran shook his head.

"No, the disc stays within a certain area of me, I can't move it on my own, it takes too much mana to move it, I could only transport one of you."

Jerry pointed at Erina with her silk rope. "That rope is long enough that it can wrap around that giant cyclops' neck twice with twenty feet of loose rope on each side. Plenty long enough for this, and strong enough that even if the anchor breaks off, it won't snap. Unless Erina has an issue with that?"

"Not at all." Erina pulled the coiled rope off her shoulder. "I made it to be used, after all." She held the rope out.

"Thank you. Joanne, do me a favor and flip that block over," Jerry pointed at a loose block of stone at the edge of the floor where the cave-in happened as she took the rope. Joanne obliged, taking a bit of time to find a grip where she could lift with her legs, and got the block into position. Jerry tied the rope around it and between the two of them they reset it so that there was another block in front of it. "Thank you." When Poli was ready with the sticky, Jerry climbed onto the wall and then the ceiling, one end of the rope around her waist in case she fell. When she got to the other side, Jerry realized there was nothing to anchor it to over there without the muscle to shift the blocks. "Huh..."

The others watched her climb to the other side, Shuffle and Fia choosing to sit. Once on the other side, Poli showed up. "I'd volunteer to be an anchor, but you still need to get back across, don't you? Unless Erina can web herself across."

"Actually, once everyone's over we won't need an anchor on this side," Jerry replied, "If you think that'll work, let's do that."

"Having some trouble over there?", Adran asked.

"Nope!", Jerry called back.

“Right then.” Poli deformed the bodysuit, melting off Jerry’s body and onto the floor. Moving to the edge of the floor, they found as many little cracks and other things to grab onto with numerous tendrils. Once they were sure they were well anchored, their top half formed up into a hook.

Jerry tied the rope onto Poli and signaled for the others to come across. "It's safe!" The group could come over now. Adran had a little difficulty when it was his turn, Beri was remarkably comfortable walking on a shifting rope. Joanne needed to rely on the wall to help avoid falling in when it was her turn.

Shuffle watched the others before jumping on for her turn. Feeling how much the rope shifted, she took a moment to balance before proceeding more slowly. Fia had an easy time of it, able to grip the rope with her talons. Emil made it across fairly easily as well, using both his arms and wings for balance. Erina went last, crossing with ease. She was used to navigating threads.

Once the group was over safely, Jerry untied the rope from Poli so the mimic could climb back on and they could go back and get the rope that was on the other side, untying it when they got there and bringing it back, handing it back to Erina. "Thank you," Jerry said to the arachne as the group continued onwards.

Poli did as they were told. Erina dipped her head as she took back the rope and coiled it once more around her shoulder. "Any time."

Shuffle spoke up as they carried on. "You think anything from those caves might have gotten into the ruins?"

"I don't think so, remember the fish?", Jerry asked, "The cave dwellers have the option to leave, so maybe they don't-"

"Evil cares not the vessel that carries it, the caves are a part of the ruins, we can only hope they were uninhabited," Joanne interrupted as she walked up to and opened the door at the end of the passage.

Through the door was a decently large room. In the middle of the room was a group of reptilian creatures feeding on some carrion. They weren't saurians though. These were much thinner and did not carry weapons. One of them looked over as the door opened before lifting its head and making a trilling sound, alerting the others who likewise looked over and trilled.

When the creatures took notice of the group, the two humans were a bit concerned, the elf whipped out a spell, and the cat assumed a pouncing position. "Whats the plan, Joanne?", Jerry asked.

"They are reptiles," Joanne replied as though it were obvious, "Fire. Fia?"

Fia hopped forward before unleashing a fireball. The lizards sprang away from the carrion, dodging the fireball before rushing the group at incredible speeds. One of them was on Fia before she could react, pushing her to the ground as the others fanned out, some climbing across the walls.

Adrans hands lit in flame as three floating marbles of fire whirled about above his palms. "They're fast!" Bolts of flame shot at the creatures, each bolt removing a flaming dot.

"They are small," Beri replied, meeting the one blitzing towards him head on, sinking claws into hide and fangs into limbs as the two crashed together

"They can climb walls!", Jerry hissed, taking a step back, planting her feet, and stabbing at the chest of the creature that charged at her.

"So am I!" Shuffle charged in to chase after one of the wall climbers, catching off guard as she grabbed its tail in her teeth and pulled it back down.

The creatures on the ground managed to dodge around the flame bolts, one of them charging at Adran.

The one attacking Jerry leaned to avoid her attack before aborting and moving back, circling to attack from a different angle.

Fia used a quick flame burst to get the one on her off before quickly hopping to her feet and taking flight to get out of range.

Emil reached for his lute, but one of the lizards managed to slip past to him, forcing him to dodge. He drew the rapier he borrowed from Jerry, holding it in his left hand while he got his flute in the right. He quickly found that the creature would not follow through with an attack if there was a chance of taking a hit, because every move of his rapier made the lizard move back.

As the creature dodged the flame bolts and charged, Adran charged a different spell, the familiar green one. "Dodge this!", he hissed, detonating it right as the creature made contact. Beri dropped the one in his jaws and pounced on the one Emil was dealing with from behind.

Jerry ended up back to back to abdomen with Erina in the dodging of the lizards. "Really wish I'd learned magic," she hissed as she realized there wasn't much of a chance that she could hit one of these creatures unless they made a grave mistake.

Joanne reached the same conclusion as Emil when none of the reptiles were ever within sword range of her. They could not get through her armor, and every time Joanne tried to attack one, they dodged back out of the way, more nimble and faster than she.

The lizard jumped right into magic bolt, taking the hit dead on.

Emil dipped his head as Beri caught the one he was dealing, lifting his flute to his mouth to play. He couldn't manage a song with only one hand, but he didn't need to. Some of the lizards shook their heads as they heard the sound of the flute. They were still battle hyped, so it would take time for the sleep effect to take hold.

Erina was lashing out with the rope, which was just enough to keep them back. "This is why I trap and ambush..."

Shuffle tried to fight the flute's effect, keeping her teeth firmly planted in the lizard's tail as it tried to get away from her.

When the magic bolt exploded, the force was directed into the soft belly of the creature, rupturing internal organs, and blowing off the gut of the creature. Shoving it off of him, he turned to fire another at the others, the magic bolts traveling faster than the fire bolts had.

Beri shook his head furiously around the creature's neck, snapping bones and dropping the paralyzed and dying body, shaking his head at something else now. Beri's method of fighting and subsequently bathing meant that he had inadvertently consumed corrupted blood. It didn't warp his body as it did Shuffle, but it did introduce corruption into him.

"I swear, I didn't think we'd end up in a brawl fresh out the gate!", Jerry replied, "Normally there's time to plan!" Jerry's daggers and the glowing crystal kept the creatures at bay as they couldn't get close enough to attack without being shanked themselves, but Jerry couldn't get close enough to get to them either.

The lizards' strategy hadn't failed completely yet, so they kept at it. However, they were starting to slow down as the music made them drowsy. The one that Shuffle had was dosing off, even as Shuffle dozed off with her teeth in its tail.

As the lizards began to slow down, the human fighters of the group actually began to have a chance. Jerry managed to stab one lizard in the neck, Joanne managed to cleave a head from its shoulders. Adran's spells continued to fly, occasionally hitting and harming the lizard. Beri began to slow as well, affected by Emil's flute, before dropping just as the lizards, sleeping kitty on a sleeping lizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back