• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"She's tried to kill half of us for offending her order's principals," Jerry shrugged. "She had it out for Shuffle in the beginning, then Adran, so on. What she doesn't understand she treats as a threat, and you are confusing as hell."

"Ah. Well, that's fair, I suppose. Not many can stand chaos, particularly those within an order, so it's not unusual."

"As long as you don't cause any chaos, we don't have a problem," Jerry shook her head, "I've got enough trying to plan and keep the group alive without wild magic in the mix."

"I'll do my best to direct the chaos at our enemies, but I can't make any promises. Misery can be mischievous at times."

"Keep the mischief to a minimum." That did not sound like a request. As she finished saying that, Jerry took a pinch of the black powder out of the mortar and tossed it into the fireplace, causing a small roar and a burst of flame and light. "We work to stay alive so we can get out of here, you do something that screws with that and we've got a problem."

Others soon came over to eat lunch. When the little ones woke up from their naps, there was still food on the table if they were hungry.

"I've been thinking," Veo said at some point. "We've been talking about taking a bath for a while," she gestured to the springs, "We're not gonna get a much better chance."

Emil nodded. "Agreed. It would be nice to get properly cleaned."

Niudisa nodded as well, looking mostly at what she was eating. "Some members of the group need it, too."

"Good," Joanne nodded, "I believe Erina has a sheet of fabric that should suffice as a physical barrier to that end, as well." If not, and those sprites could weave nearly as fast as Jerry said, one could be constructed in short order.

"It should work, yes, for the most part. And if anyone peeks around it, we get to teach them not to." Erina smiled.

"My staff can easily support a large sheet," Nalla agreed.

"We'll need a much bigger pool for the women," Veo did a head count, "There's three men in the party, the rest of us-"

"You can subtract at least one from the women's pool," Jerry said looking up.

"Didn't say that," Jerry shook her head, "I'm a mess, I've got blood and crud in places I didn't know I could get it, but I don't like public bathhouses."

"Ah. Well, I suppose that's fair. You'll still be welcome if you change your mind though, as far as I'm concerned."

Veo raised an eyebrow at the exchange, but decided that was something she could question later. "Well, that's unfortunate," Veo shrugged, "I wanted to see if I could do anything about what that hydra's acid did to your hair." She stood up from the table, going to poke her head into the little ones' tent and see if they were still asleep.

Raine was sitting up, stretching her arms over her head, but Fia and Shuffle were still asleep for the moment.

Veo smiled and waved at Raine, but ducked back out of the tent since the other two were still asleep. It was a rare moment of quiet and she wasn't entirely sure what to do with herself without something to do. No one was hurt, nothing needed doing currently, and since the little ones were asleep.

"How about we start prepping?", she offered, "Find some pools shallow enough and cordon them off?"

"We're gonna have to know how big the pools are to make the curtain anyway," Adran nodded, getting up with the other two.

Because of the terrace and the irregular shape of the pools, there was no way to guage the depth of some of the nicer-looking pools without getting wet, so Veo had to hitch up her skirt and Adran roll up the legs of his pants to be able to circle the edge and dip a length of wood into the water to find a good depth that would be best to work with.

Erina was able to step out further since the bottom of her dress was already higher, even without lifting. Emil was mostly just there for seeing which pools were more wide around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back