• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Curse of Strahd - Reboot! D&D 5e

Should this be on Discord or stay here?

• Discord

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • RPN

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love this: "I love to play pranks on my friends! Unfortunately, everyone is my friend."

*scratches chin* hmmm... It depends on if this is planned to be a post by post or legit sessions, because I currently only have post by post capabilities, as my schedule is wacky at the moment and I don't have consistent times. I'm active enough for a post by post that I can check RpN/Discord (I've no preference for either, both have their pros and cons) daily to make replies multiple times a day, if need be.

With all that said, I would much enjoy playing a spear-wielding Tabaxi (Volo's Guide to Monsters) Way of Shadow monk. I've actually already got a sheet for one that I submitted for a diff campaign (appears to be a dead campaign though so doubtful I'll get to play in it), would just have to edit the backstory to suit this. Could also re-roll the stats fresh, though I could screenshot the dice room where the stats were rolled. Would prefer to re-roll though, because the original rolled stats actually came up lower than a point buy spread would have given me (10, 16, 12 12, 10, 6) despite having one score over 15.

*scratches chin* hmmm... It depends on if this is planned to be a post by post or legit sessions, because I currently only have post by post capabilities, as my schedule is wacky at the moment and I don't have consistent times. I'm active enough for a post by post that I can check RpN/Discord (I've no preference for either, both have their pros and cons) daily to make replies multiple times a day, if need be.

With all that said, I would much enjoy playing a spear-wielding Tabaxi (Volo's Guide to Monsters) Way of Shadow monk. I've actually already got a sheet for one that I submitted for a diff campaign (appears to be a dead campaign though so doubtful I'll get to play in it), would just have to edit the backstory to suit this.

By the looks at the poll, we might be doing post by post (Might be easier for me) probably on RPN.

Also for everyone else, if you want background on this module I can give you a little information or do you guys want to go into this blind (For all I know you guys already looked up the book and know everything about it....Hehehehehehehehe......That kinda scares me as a DM.)

I'd at least need to know about the world so I can create a rich backstory :P other than that, I like fog of war/shroud of mystery lol. Also, edited my previous post, so give my question a gander.

I'd at least need to know about the world so I can create a rich backstory :P other than that, I like fog of war/shroud of mystery lol. Also, edited my previous post, so give my question a gander.

Well, the starting world would be the Far realms like maybe somewhere in Waterdeep. You guys slightly know each other because of a job you are taking up. Blah blah blah story stuff happens and the gist of it is that you are brought into the realm of Barovia as Strahd's 'play things'. Maybe you have been to Barovia at a young age? Maybe you were a Vistani and brought away from Barovia. Idk.

Ah fun fun... So, would re-rolling my Tabaxi's stats fresh for this be cool? :P like I said, ones I rolled for him for the (much dead) campaign that I submitted him originally to are lower even than what a point buy would give lol

Ah fun fun... So, would re-rolling my Tabaxi's stats fresh for this be cool? :P like I said, ones I rolled for him for the (much dead) campaign that I submitted him originally to are lower even than what a point buy would give lol

I think I was in that campaign XD But alright!

Oh! one last thing, for equipment, how are you working that out? roll tables for gold, max gold for your class, set amount of gold for everyone, just take the class options for equipment, etc.?

Oh! one last thing, for equipment, how are you working that out? roll tables for gold, max gold for your class, set amount of gold for everyone, just take the class options for equipment, etc.?

Either take the class options or take max gold for the class.

Max gold? Guess I just got a bonus.
I also just realized that though I labeled my guy as level 3, He only has level 1 stats and abilities, oops.

I think this one is clear

Attachments

• 5E D&D Basic - Character Sheet (Form) (1) (1) (1).pdf
    756.4 KB · Views: 1
Druid. Also is this a light hearted storyline. Or are we going to be insanely serious? I don't mind either. but it will effect my character creation. I'll assume were using 5e sheets all starting level 0
Any limitation on races?

Last edited:
Druid. Also is this a light hearted storyline. Or are we going to be insanely serious? I don't mind either. but it will effect my character creation. I'll assume were using 5e sheets all starting level 0

Starting Level 3 (mostly to skip death house). I'm not the serious type but some scenes may be serious. It will be mostly lighthearted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back