• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [currently closed] f/f | original, historical fantasy romance |literate!

ghostling

doing ok, cowboy?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
i'm looking to expand an OC universe i'm working on, and what better way to do that than RP, right?

---​

so here's the pitch:

The people of Am Bànrìoghachd have been discontented with their country for what must be decades now, but have been kept in line by a harsh Queen. After many long, hard years of slowly gaining numbers and gathering strength, the dissidents finally struck their first blow and began their uprising. Fighting has been going on for months now; the Queen reinforcing her army with hired mercenaries, and the rebels turning to sympathetic neighbours for aid.

Katya (my character) is a wandering knight, a foreign mercenary whose only allegiance is to herself and the highest bidder. She has been hired by the Queen to fight against the rebel uprising.

Your character is - whoever you like! A rebel, an ally, a member of the royal family, a citizen, a soldier - go wild :--) I've got some ideas, but I've left everything purposefully vague so we can develop things together. All I ask is that your character be female, since Katya is a lesbian and I'd like this to eventually end up as an f/f romance. Personally I think this plot would be perfect for a slow burn, enemies-to-lovers trope, but we can figure that out in due course.

As for the setting, I'm picturing a "Gothic/Medieval Europe meets the 1930s" vibe - Dark Souls/Bloodborne meets His Dark Materials, maybe? Knights in armour, sword-fighting, great looming cathedrals, but maybe alongside a more developed level of technology? I would be more than happy to include elements of magic such as witches, or go for a sci-fi-fantasy blend where the "magic" is more scientifically based. We can work on it!

---​

my standard rules/disclaimer:

• 18+ only; i'm 23, i don't rp with minors. nothing personal! :~)

• i reply pretty sporadically; i'm a full-time student with a part-time job and a lot of anxiety. i reply when i have the energy & inspiration, so i might manage three replies on a good day but then take a couple of weeks to write one. RP is a hobby, not a job, and sometimes i just don't feel like it -- pressure sucks the fun out of it, so please be patient & i'll do the same for you! i will let you know if i'll be absent more than a week.

• third person past tense preferred

• i’m happy to write here or via email; IMs for ooc only, sorry

• importantly - please be willing to communicate & develop the plot along with me. my longest-lasting RPs have been kept alive through good communication & mutual interest. i'm happy chatting ooc too! and i can usually be active ooc even when i'm not able to write replies.

---

fire me a comment/PM if you're interested :--) i'm quite selective, so please don't take it personally if i don't respond.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back