Cuocu's OCs

Cuocu

Sleeper Agent
This thread will be me posting all of my characters that I currently have (with multiple variations for different types of RPs).
I'm used to writing a short-medium description since my main RP right now doesn't like them long since it fills everything up (on Discord), so I'll be working on making them longer and including their entire backstories, juicy bits and all. Also, a few of my characters can be RPed with at different ages. This includes my babe [Psyche], who is available for anywhere from 19-40s (from age 21 to 39 he will still be taking care of his daughter, so please bear this in mind if you would like these ages).

Character List:
  • Psyche Mau
    • Cheri Mau
    • Femi Mau
  • Nerva Carisuis
    • Aelia/Ailia Carisuis
  • Cybele
All of my posts in this thread will be repeatedly edited and added to over time.

Name: Psyche Mau
Nickname: Sy (Not used as much as he gets older)
Height: 6'0"
Living Family: Femi Mau (Daughter)
Relationship Status: Single (From 21 to current age)
Appearance: Psyche is a broad-shouldered, middle-aged man with olive eyes and faded freckles darting his cheeks. His hair has grayed early for his age and is in a respectable man-bun more often than not. His skin is the dark tan color common for the Egyptians where he was born and his arms are covered in a light but thick layer of hair. His body is well-toned due to him needing to be capable while rescuing people in his profession. He's honestly more prepared to be a firefighter rather than a doctor, but he prefers the latter. He'll wear nice button-up shirts and jeans on the regular, though for work he'll switch the button-up for a more appropriate tee that he doesn't mind getting dirty. Whether work or casual, he'll always wear a pair of thick boots out of habit.
Scars: Psyche has a jagged scar nearly around the entirety of his left ankle from when he fell into a pile of rubble on a job involving earthquakes. He also has a burn scar that covers most of his right hand and lower forearm. This is from when he was attempting to help his friend during a job involving one of the many wildfires in Spain.
Weapons: He carries a medium-sized dagger with him when he thinks he'll be going into a dangerous situation between people, despite not really knowing how to properly wield it.
Abilities: He has learned medicinal skills all his life and knows how to treat relatively any illness or injury. This does not mean he can automatically heal things with no wait time or repercussions, but he does know tons of tips and tricks to help speed it along. He is also very physically capable and will rely on this for any conflicts he may be dragged into.
Personality: Psyche has become extremely caring in his lifetime. He will come to help people with or without their asking and rarely tends to deny anyone help. He was a follower in his youth, but with old age comes his ability to take control of situations and lead others in their tasks. He is naturally very happy and supportive, though his experiences attribute to some lingering depression and negative attitudes. He thinks he has grown out of it, but he subconsciously takes everything people say about and to him to heart. This sometimes leads to him rethinking his own thoughts and reactions before he overcomes what they've said. He has always aimed high in life for the things he loved, which is why he dedicated most of his life to his daughter before continuing his career after she went to college.
Backstory: To be re-written.

Powers: [For fantasy or magic role-plays] To be re-made.

Name: Femi Mau
Nickname: N/A
Height: 5'6"
Living Family: Psyche Mau (Father)
Relationship Status: Single
Appearance: Of slight build, Femi is nearly identical to her mother. Her tanned skin is lighter than her father's, a gift that makes her seem more fragile and delicate (her father's words). Her eyes are a chocolaty brown and her eyebrows are thinner than her mother's, though that does nothing to hide her intense expressions. Unlike her mother, she inherited Psyche's freckles along with his naturally black hair that was much more prevalent in his youth. She likes to keep it long and her father discouraged buns, so it's usually either in a ponytail or laying long against her back. Psyche used to braid it, but she never learned how to do it herself. Though mostly respectable, at college she wears more revealing clothing. This includes things like tank tops and v-necks, shorts or skirts, and slip-ons or sneakers. She compliments this with tights or leggings as she doesn't shave her legs but still likes to show off.
Scars: N/A
Weapons: Unable to get anything like a gun since she isn't a citizen, she relies heavily on her stun gun that she got from one of her professors when she expressed her concern for her safety. She has practiced quite a bit, so her aim and skill when using it is very high. More likely than not, she'll land a hit on whoever she's aiming it at.
Abilities: Femi has an overall knowledge of basic and some more advanced medicine techniques as taught by her dad. She also has near-professional handling of anything resembling a gun (stun gun, actual gun, etc.). Due to her major, she is also adept at delivering babies and dealing with pregnant women and any problems they may have.
Personality: Nearly as nice as her father, she is very outgoing and passionate, traveling all the way to America to pursue her future career in Obstetrics. She is not very modest and actually loves herself and her body and isn't afraid to flaunt it. She strives to no longer be a burden on her dad, and is actually extremely uncomfortable with the fact that he's paying for her to go to college. She'll most likely get a job to lighten his load later on.
Backstory: Born to Cheri and Psyche Mau, she came into this world kicking. Sadly, her mother was doomed to die in childbirth when she contracted a sickness going around just before the due date. Once born, she was taken care of by the locals who adored and loved both her mother and father. It was tedious, but she managed to survive. About a month and a half after her birth, Psyche returned to their home and began to take care of Femi, raising her and teaching her himself. He completely quit work while doing this, focusing his whole life to teaching her. As she got older, she became inspired by her mother's death and decided to study anything she could on prenatal medicine with the aid of her father. Applying to and getting a scholarship to a school in America, she left home at 19 and traveled overseas for the first time to move into the dorms there. She gets monthly living checks from her father, but is soon looking for a job or two to ease his support.

Powers:
N/A

Personality: Psyche has become extremely caring in his lifetime. He will come to help people with or without their asking and rarely tends to deny anyone help. He was a follower in his youth, but with old age comes his ability to take control of situations and lead others in their tasks. He is naturally very happy and supportive, though his experiences attribute to some lingering depression and negative attitudes. He thinks he has grown out of it, but he subconsciously takes everything people say about and to him to heart. This sometimes leads to him rethinking his own thoughts and reactions before he overcomes what they've said. He has always aimed high in life for the things he loved, which is why he dedicated most of his life to his daughter before continuing his career after she went to college.
Excellent character overall, but a little disconnected internally. Of course, I'd need the backstory to say for sure, but in particular his negatives and positives seem almost randomized, which will make it harder to create organic transitions from one aspect of the character to the other as far as what is portrayed

Weapons: Unable to get anything like a gun since she isn't a citizen, she relies heavily on her stun gun that she got from one of her professors when she expressed her concern for her safety. She has practiced quite a bit, so her aim and skill when using it is very high. More likely than not, she'll land a hit on whoever she's aiming it at.
Wait she can't have a gun but she can just carry around a stun gun? Maybe it's some kind of culture clash that prevents me from seeing how that makes sense, but I need to point it out anyways

Personality: Nearly as nice as her father, she is very outgoing and passionate, traveling all the way to America to pursue her future career in Obstetrics. She is not very modest and actually loves herself and her body and isn't afraid to flaunt it. She strives to no longer be a burden on her dad, and is actually extremely uncomfortable with the fact that he's paying for her to go to college. She'll most likely get a job to lighten his load later on.
This personality is a complete Mary Sue. There are no flaws, much less serious flaws. A character without flaws is boring and blan, often resulting in this character being a liability to the roleplay since flaws are a major part of character development, relatability, and being on the same ground as others.

Wait she can't have a gun but she can just carry around a stun gun? Maybe it's some kind of culture clash that prevents me from seeing how that makes sense, but I need to point it out anyways

This personality is a complete Mary Sue. There are no flaws, much less serious flaws. A character without flaws is boring and blan, often resulting in this character being a liability to the roleplay since flaws are a major part of character development, relatability, and being on the same ground as others.
Non-citizens are not permitted to own a gun unless they've been in the country for 3 months or more. She received the stun gun within the first month of her being in America and is legally allowed to openly carry it since it isn't a lethal weapon.
Also, her personality was just general information because she's a brand new character. I'll definitely have to work with her to flesh her out and find some flaws or otherwise defining qualities. (I have some ideas, but I don't want to set anything in stone until I RP with her a few times.)
Excellent character overall, but a little disconnected internally. Of course, I'd need the backstory to say for sure, but in particular his negatives and positives seem almost randomized, which will make it harder to create organic transitions from one aspect of the character to the other as far as what is portrayed
I'm actually not sure how you mean he's disconnected? Maybe because it's missing the backstory. Since I know everything about him I guess it's hard for me to understand what you mean by that. :3 His traits are more double-edged swords than anything, with helping almost anyone and taking words to heart, mostly.

Non-citizens are not permitted to own a gun unless they've been in the country for 3 months or more. She received the stun gun within the first month of her being in America and is legally allowed to openly carry it since it isn't a lethal weapon.
Stun guns are pretty lethal in the wrong hands though... Well, legalities.

Also, her personality was just general information because she's a brand new character. I'll definitely have to work with her to flesh her out and find some flaws or otherwise defining qualities. (I have some ideas, but I don't want to set anything in stone until I RP with her a few times.)
Well, I couldn't really know. Personally I'm not the kind who is comfortable with myself or my partner coming up with stuff as we go, since my experience tells me people tend to go for what's convenient more than what's in-character

I'm actually not sure how you mean he's disconnected? Maybe because it's missing the backstory. Since I know everything about him I guess it's hard for me to understand what you mean by that. :3 His traits are more double-edged swords than anything, with helping almost anyone and taking words to heart, mostly.
Taking things to heart and a desire to help people are two good traits but there is no connection between the two. No way one weaves into the other or takes the other into account, by your description at least. There personalities here are very basic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does mean that there are less traits to create a cohesion.
Also, a word of advise, things like "helps almost everyone" don't qualify as flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back