• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Cue Dramatic Music ♪ ♫

Taj

Too many ideas
[class=container] width: 800px; max-width: 100%; height: auto; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class=content] width: 800px; max-width: 100%; height: auto; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 20px; margin: auto; color: #a6a39c; text-align: center; font-family: roboto; [/class] [class=image] width: 650px; height: auto; margin: auto; text-align: center; max-width: 100%; [/class] [div class=container] [div class=content] [/div][/div][div class=container][div class=content]

[div class=image]
QWs9kFw.png
[/div]

One day, on the humble streets of Colorado Springs, CO, six strangers' paths intersected. Fate looked through time, examined their destinies, and⁠—er, wait, no.
What really happened is this: someone got a big idea, tacked a piece of paper to a few telephone poles, and went home to binge watch TV while snacking on pretzels. Five lucky people stopped long enough to read beyond the garish and glittering headline—WANNA BE A MOVIE STAR???—and see a fantastic opportunity...or at least something to do to pass the time. A few phone calls later and a team was assembled, ready to avenge marking the very beginning of an epic journey into greatness.

~ Welcome!

Cue Dramatic Music (which henceforth I will call CDM) is a brand new role play in which a small group of friends work together to produce short movies. The mood will be casual and centered on the day-to-day of writing screenplays, designing sets and costumes, acting, singing, photography, and everything else that goes into a production. Though romance is not permanently banned, it will not be allowed for a while at the beginning and will never be permitted to become a focus of or disruption to the rp. While each individual will possess a unique skill or interest that contributes to the team, everyone is welcomed and encouraged to branch out and experiment with different angles. We will be using actual scripts written by myself and any players who'd like to give it a shot. Note: scripts used in the role play will be voted on by the group as a whole either ICly or OOCly; mine will not have priority.

Some things to keep in mind...

1. No member of the team will have extensive background in movie production, acting, photography, etc. Hobby-level experience in one or two areas is what we're going for here.
2. Characters must be at least 18 and no more than 30 years old.
3. Just to reiterate: if you can't go without romance, this isn't the rp for you.
4. Mature topics will occasionally be explored as friendships deepen and personal history is revealed. However, severe mental disorders or extremely disruptive personality traits are not permitted.
5. The team will consist of 3 females and 3 males. If you respond to this interest check please include which gender you'd like to play and what skills you'd prefer to start out with.

Rules

1. Third person and semi-lit.
2. General role play rules & etiquette and RpN policies apply.
3. Be a team player! If I can tell by looking at your CS that you want to be better than everybody, you won't be accepted.
4. If you have a problem with someone, please let me know so I can help resolve the issue.
5. Be polite and wait your turn.
6. If you need to back out, don't be a ghosty jerk. We can work that into the story if you give notice.

Note: Female slots filled, please only respond if you're willing to play a male character.

[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
heya taj! i'm super interested <3 and yup, i wonder how good the aliens will be at rp 0:
I'd be interested in playing a female, one with some experience in acting and singing. I'm also alright with my character being a costume designer tho ((:

heya taj! i'm super interested <3 and yup, i wonder how good the aliens will be at rp 0:
I'd be interested in playing a female, one with some experience in acting and singing. I'm also alright with my character being a costume designer tho ((:
Awesome! I don't intend for everyone to stick strictly to their designated job, but rather have something they at least start out being in charge of. Everyone is welcome to take part in acting, building sets, designing costumes, writing scripts, photography, etc. if they are interested in giving it a try.

Heyo. This sounds super fun! And idk if it's the script ideas that got me excited or the mostly platonic set of the RP. I'm all one for romance just as much as the next girl. But friendships are just so pure and wholesome lol.

I was thinking about a girl super interested in being costume designing/makeup artist.

Heyo. This sounds super fun! And idk if it's the script ideas that got me excited or the mostly platonic set of the RP. I'm all one for romance just as much as the next girl. But friendships are just so pure and wholesome lol.

I was thinking about a girl super interested in being costume designing/makeup artist.
I know what you mean!!! XD Thanks for posting!

As an FYI for all interested, I was thinking we could all wait to make our character sheets until we have the group set in stone, and then we can collaborate on making characters with unique, distinct, yet possibly intertwining backgrounds. Any opinions on that idea? (By intertwining I don't mean they know each other, just that they have some common points.)

Last edited:
Howdy this seems fun and so I'd like to join the fray
I was thinking of being a cameraman that could also help make props and/or setpieces

Howdy this seems fun and so I'd like to join the fray
I was thinking of being a cameraman that could also help make props and/or setpieces
Hello, thanks for your interest! I see you're brand new to the forum, so welcome! I hope you like it here :D Since you are new and I can't look at your history to see if you meet the semi-lit requirement, would you mind PMing me an rp sample?

ooo it looks really nice!!! I approve. It's v prettiful. And yeah, I know what you mean. We can work on characters and start plotting about what they'd have in common and build friendships and scenarios etc. Definitely still interested ^_^

@Soph - Thank you! I haven't done any coding in so long, I spent about 6 hours relearning how to write just that post lol. And yeah, I'll make a thread later tonight for some real discussion. For now, laundry and dishes.

erzulie erzulie - Welcome! Any specific skills or interests you'd like to have? I'm prolly going to switch to having a male character since everyone seems to want the females haha

@All - Please only respond if you are willing to play a male!

I was struggling to make everything mobile friendly as well as hiding the scroll bar XD

EDIT: Realized I sound crazy cause there's no scrolling, but trust me it was necessary.

Last edited:
@Soph - Thank you! I haven't done any coding in so long, I spent about 6 hours relearning how to write just that post lol. And yeah, I'll make a thread later tonight for some real discussion. For now, laundry and dishes.

erzulie erzulie - Welcome! Any specific skills or interests you'd like to have? I'm prolly going to switch to having a male character since everyone seems to want the females haha

@All - Please only respond if you are willing to play a male!
Hm I was thinking of someone who directing and writing

Awe, no problem! You did a really good job. Coding is SO hard for me, lol. So I appreciate it tons

There's the OOC thread! Thought we could go ahead and start talking about characters while we late for our last few people.

Hey, happy to play whatever is needed, do you need male roles? very interested in this RP :)
Yep! We've got plenty of people interested in female characters, I had to switch to male myself XD Feel free to head over to the OOC thread I linked a couple posts up!

This sounds like a really fun idea! I'd love to join if you're still looking for more people. =D
I have an idea for a video editor/cameraman whose experience is pretty much limited to putting together videos of his friends/siblings playing around when they were younger. (Or I'd be up to fill a different role if there's others that need filling.)

This sounds like a really fun idea! I'd love to join if you're still looking for more people. =D
I have an idea for a video editor/cameraman whose experience is pretty much limited to putting together videos of his friends/siblings playing around when they were younger. (Or I'd be up to fill a different role if there's others that need filling.)
Sounds great! Head on over to the OOC thread, we've started talking characters a little bit over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back