• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Ctrl+Alt+Delete | Modern Supers with Dice!

@ithinkcat

Prudence (+) beat 10%, roll [22??+999999999??cause.effect//error??#$&*D!)] Success

Halley was on guard to the highest extent, but it wasn't awareness that brought her to the stranger, rather, a beckoning in her mind and heart that inevitably guided her towards the Grant Park fountain.

On the rim of the font sat a shady-looking figure, his eyes covered by the cadet cap he wore and his arms crossed. As Halley approached, inexplicably drawn to this man, he looked up and smiled. His irises were a bright scarlet red. "Welcome, Halley. You took a bit longer than I expected. Join me, won't you?" He patted the spot next to him on the rim of the fountain and gave her a knowing look. "You've got quite a day ahead of you."

Halley M. Ryan

There he was. Halley wasn't sure how she knew, but there was no doubt in her mind that it was him. When their eyes met, Halley's heart skipped a beat. He had eerie red eyes, something she had never seen before. It confirmed her thoughts that he was involved with the horrendous portals in some way. She had hoped she could get the drop on this guy, but it was obvious from the lingering connection of their gazes that he knew the reason she was there. Panic began to swell up. Halley prepped a trick she had been working on with her power. She transferred her cigarette to her left hand, and begun concentrating on her right one. She mentally tried to picture pain, the strongest pain she could think of, and stored it in her fingers. Then she visualized the sensation of projecting her touch far away like a ghost hand or some form of telekinesis. Her mind was muddy, though, and it was difficult to concentrate on the attack--her arm ultimately hanging loose to her side. By time she thought she had finally gotten a clear image of what she intended to do in her body and mind, she realized her feet had for some reason carried her right up to the man. Halley had been prepared to launch an attack from a safe range, but now she was face to face with the smiling mysterious man. She was paralyzed with fear and lost the image of her attack.

Then he spoke. He called her by name. Heck, he spoke to her as if they were acquaintances. He then gestured for her to sit next to him and remarked that it would be a long day for her. The tone and shock of him knowing her name caught her off guard, a feat in and of itself considering high it had been. In her state, the only action she could muster was to simply ask him with a puzzled, yet still cautions expression, "Wh-who are you?"

WITH: @The Villain KingThe Mystery Man  ||  WHERE: Grant Park, Chicago  ||  OOC: Freaking love the error thing.

Stephanie was sure she wasn't doing it on purpose, but she kept finding herself turning back towards the fountain. She frowns, having been doing her best to blend in with the crowd and just wander around and eavesdrop, listening out for anything of interest to her story, but noone seemed to have any idea what was going on, they'd just come because of the online news blast about this strange 'event'. All sorts had shown up too, mostly younger people admittedly, but she'd definitely spied some curious businessmen, or excited gamers or other older nerds. Again she found herself at the fountain, ahead of her a man sitting on the edge... he'd been there a while, but now there was a dark haired girl with a pierced lip talking to him.

Curious, and unable to ignore the man any longer she takes a seat a little way around the fountain from the pair, and tries to discretely listen in, pulling her notepad out of her pocket as she does so. [Roll Subtlety (-)]

@Misuteri Kenshi@TwistedTruth@Monky@ithinkcat@CobaltThunder@Left Out

Subtlety (-) beat Prudence (//hellostephanie), roll [//$%^] Failure

"A friend. Please, sit. We have much to discuss before noon arrives, and the others are almost here."

The stranger looked around, leaning to the side to get a look at another one of his Chosen, who was making an attempt to snoop on their conversation from the other side of the fountain. She wasn't terribly good at it, but even if he hadn't heard her breathing through her mouth, the stranger would have sensed her Chosen mark.

"Good day, Stephanie. Care to join us?"

Despite his jarring crimson eyes, his smile was sincere and he didn't seem threatening whatsoever. That is, aside from his innate knowledge of her presence and her name. As Stephanie joined the two on the other side of the fountain, she felt a profound sense of satisfaction, like this is where she was supposed to be.

The man held his hand out in front of him, concentrating as a small cloud of red mist pooled in his hand. He let out a small grunt of effort, and the mist spiked out in multiple directions, four arrows pointing in different directions. "They are close...let's give them a little encouragement, shall we? We certainly don't have all day, after all."

His hand clenched tight, and the strands of mist stiffened and recoiled, like strings that had just been forcefully yanked tight. At that very instant, the four other Chosen simultaneously felt an extremely strong compulsion to approach the fountain and join the group. The feeling was intense, like a deep sense of urgency that simply couldn't be ignored. [Effect: Attract]

11:55 a.m.

Name:  "My name's Hamlin, Oscar Hamlin. James Bond, anyone?"

Age/Gender: "I'm a 21 year old guy, obviously."

Stats

"Oh boy.. I'll get my uh.. guy here to do this for me." (Hello!)

Strength - (-) -

Dexterity - (-) 

Willpower - (-) -

Prudence - (+) -

Reason - -

Empathy -  -

Creativity - (+) -

Subtlety (+) -

Bio:

Story

"Uh.. I had a normal life, I guess. I lived in the United States for most of my life except for  a few vacations and trips. I'm a Mainer, but with my family I moved to Chicago when I was 13. I've been in here for the rest of my life, so uh.. Yeah. Nothing so special."

Personality

"Again, I'm getting my guy for this.. I can't answer this myself. I might over exaggerate." (Uh.. what's up?)

Oscar is a little average except he's VERY good with his patience- "Thanks!" - Oh, uh, your welcome. Anyways, he's a bit clumsy and um.. *I start whispering* He isn't the best at noticing his own mistakes.

Extra: "Um I guess that I LOVE  animals, they are the best! There's really not much special 'bout me."

(Thanks for reading this!)

9395a4e813c5010523955a7da0a4a37c.gif

Marcello 

Today was supposed to be a good day. she was going to occompany the police on investigation work, get some hands on experience. And for the first time in her life, Cello was on her way to being someone. she had risen from the poverty that she grew up in, and made top marks in college and now here she was, on what was supposed to be her best day ever. of course life just love to screw her, up ,down and sideways. So of course she found, whilst walking around and snapping pictures and collecting data, (or that was what she was supposed to be doing,) that her eyes kept sliding back to the same fountain again and again,

causing her pictures to come out sloppy and her elegant handwriting to become nothing more than scribble.

'At this rate i'm going to lose my damn job' she thought bitterly,

as yet another officer jolted her out of her daze. it was beginning to become quite irritating the way that this constant tugging on her mind  dragged her eyes away from her work and back to the fountain. 

"dannazione tutto all'inferno...(damn it all to hell)" she growled , before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and sauntering up to her head officer. 

Clearing her throat , she stood with her back straight and the same sarcastic smile gracing her lips. 

'is it alright if i take a break cheif?" she inquired, said cheif looked her over, he was tall man with a handlebar mustache and greying blond hair. he grunted at her breifly in the affirmative before turning back to his work.

tucking a grin away, it took all her will power to not just sprint to the fountain. but go to the fountain she did.

Stephanie jumps as she hears her name called, thinking the other girl must share her name. When a few moments later she turns to peer at the two however she finds the stranger smiling at her... with red eyes.

"W-Whaaaaat?" she murmurs, he could hardly be talking to anyone else. Her heart starts to pound, and she momentarily considers fleeing but... that didn't feel right... Hesitantly she picks up her bag, and walks around the fountain to join him and feels immediate relief. She sits down with a frown and looks at him suspiciously. "Okay... what's going on?" she asks, her pen and pad coming to hand.

Aria jumped as Claire tapped her on the back.
"Jesus Christ on a bike, Claire. Don't do that!" She hissed, turning to face her dark-haired friend.
"Sorry," Claire shrugged. "Do you see anything happening?"
"No, I don---" Aria felt a wave wash over her as she scanned the crowd, cutting her sentence short. There was definitely something pulling her now. Beckoning at her very soul.

There. A man sat on the fountain, a cadet cap pulled low over his face. How such an obviously shady-looking character hadn't caught the eye of the cops yet eluded her. As she stared, she saw a head turn, and a flash of red.

"Come..." She heard the voice whisper. But she hadn't thought it, no. This was the source of her compulsion to the fountain square.
"Claire, I have to go. I... You, can't come." Aria told her friend. Now the hard part would be getting to the fountain without Claire tagging along.

[Roll Subtlety]

Last edited:
@CobaltThunder @Misuteri Kenshi @TwistedTruth

Subtlety () beat 10%, roll [80], Success

Aria gave a small excuse and slipped into the crowd, managing to sneak away from her friend and approach the fountain. A small group of young adults was gathered around the man, all of them looking just as confused as Aria was.

The stranger gave Aria a smile and beckoned. "Welcome, Chosen. Join us won't you? Once the other two arrive, then I can start answering all of your questions." The rest of the people in the group sighed or tapped their fingers impatiently, as if that's exactly what he told them as well.

"I believe we're just waiting on Arlen and Johnathan..." mused the stranger, keeping an eye on a couple of police officers who were standing about ten feet away.

Snek Snek
I'm still here... I was just waiting for more stuff to happen. I'm thinking a designated RPing time might be a good idea after all :/:

well the downtime for the changeover is probably partially to blame as well. downtime is like, the antithesis of many a good PbP RP

The reset messed me up, While it was doen I started pc gaming again to fill up the time Rpn took up. I'm so sorry!

It's fine. I've got a few other things going on now so I probably can't dedicate any time to this anyways. I'll see y'all on the flipside

Name: Erin Grouper

Age/Gender: 32, Female

Strength
Dexterity
Willpower +
Prudence +
Reason +
Empathy -
Creativity -
Subtlety -

Bio: Erin is what she calls an "independent journalist" who runs a moderately successful internet blog. She's native to Chicago. Her main priorities are to make rent, and keep fed. She's very rude, snarky, and intelligent. She has little to no time for nonsense, hates clothes without pockets, votes libertarian, scoffs at humor, and only listens to music from before 1972. Her first impression is always that of a complete asshole.

Extra: She never leaves home without a loaded handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back