• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Crossing the line 1x1 with Hazbin_Transformers

Characters
Here
Kain rubbed the back of his neck. “Um. How about I’m sorry?” He tried. He knew he was gonna get it, and he deserved it.

Jay hugged Astrid, before stepping back and looking at her. “I missed you too.” She had noticed the stiffened stature before Astrid hugged her back. “We need to catch up” Jay told her, trying to ignore the tension between the two males.

Eric was about to chew him out till he noticed Jay’s and Astrid’s interaction and decided it could wait till they were in private. “Ya… sorrys not going to cut it Kain.”

Astrid nodded softly with a smile “ya.. it’s been a while but I could really use some breakfast…”

Kain nodded. "I'm gonna grab some blood and I'll meet you in my office" He said. He knew he was in for it. He looked away before heading to the dining hall.

--

Jay smiled, "Julianne made some wonderful food, lets get some in you" She said, leading her friend to the dining hall.

Astrid nodded softly “I’m starving.” She followed after her and took a seat so ready to have net food again

-

Eric looked at Jay “we’ll be in the office for a bit getting everything situated..” headed up to wait on him.

Jay sat down at the table with Astrid. She was happy her friend was back. "The castle's been quiet without you two." Jay commented.

--

Kain sighed, he drained his breakfast quickly. He wanted to get this taken care of. He kissed the top of Astrid's head and nodded to Jay, before making his way up the office. He entered it and shut the door behind him, turning to face Eric. "Alright. I'm here" He said.

Astrid sat down and started eating with a content moan, Kain wasn’t a bad cook by any means but this was just so much better.

——

Eric just looked at him in frustration “seriously man. Do you even know how much shit you left behind if you’d only been gone a weekend? Let alone two months man? I had my work and your shit.”

Jay could tell that Astrid must've missed Julianne's cooking.

--

Kain winced. "I didn't know it would be that long. I knew I left paperwork behind but I didn't realize I left that much behind. I can say sorry till I'm blue in the face. What do you want from me?" He asked.

Astrid ate quietly for a bit taking a few bites of everything before finally sitting back and relaxing “omg I missed her cooking more than I thought…”

Eric rubbed his face “Kain you weren’t even attempting to keep up with it in the first place before all of this. You left stacks of shit laying around that was weeks past due half of it got done cause I had to go behind you and do it all.” He sighed in frustration “Sorry only does so much Kain when it doesn’t feel like it means much of anything… we’ve had this argument before and you changed for a week before it was back to leaving it to me.”

Jay laughed, looking at Astrid. "I can see that. Did Kain not feed you at all?" She asked.

--

Kain sighed, he knew Eric was right. He'd been horrible at keeping up with paperwork. "I underestimated how much paperwork I had to do. I." Kain's words trailed off. "I wasn't trying to give you more work! I was a little stressed out a week before I left. I know we've had this argument before, but things are finally clicking into place!" He was getting frustrated himself now. "I can only say that I'll try harder to do everything." He said.

Astrid laughed “he did we just kind of ran out of food this morning.. and I didn’t want to deplete the deer herd here.”

Eric looked at him rubbing his face in frustration “Kain this has been going on for years the only reason it never made you fall flat on your face as I was always there to fix it..” While Eric was frustrated with the paperwork situation Kain never once stopped to think how throwing the whole kingdom on his shoulders was going. He only got one short call wanting more food and then hung up. No hello. No how are things anything. While Eric tried to learn from Kain’s parents they spent so much time angry at their son he never learned most of it and Kain sure didn’t teach him. So he’d been flying blind and when he had just found his mate too. The same thing he had to stand by and watch Kain enjoy daily for weeks only to find his and almost have her deny him. He just stopped hearing his frustration knowing it would just set things off “nevermind… everything up until yesterday is caught up to… now if it is acceptable I would like to go see my mate..”

Jaylin nodded "That makes a lot of sense. How are you two by the way?" She asked, curiosity in her voice.

--

Kain sighed, listening to Eric. He hadn't realized how long this had been going on. He never realized just how much Eric had been doing for him. "I never realized man, I'm. I." He stopped. "Okay. Thank you. Yes, you are free to go" He said, dismissing Eric, even though he knew that this wouldn't be the end of it, especially if Kain didn't step up and do what he was supposed to do.

Astrid looked at her “better now… it’s was really rough for a while… he couldn’t touch me for almost the first month from the burning sensation and he wasn’t willing to try…”
—-

Kain had seen Eric’s breaking point and that itself was heartbreaking. The man had literally spent his entire life brought up to be everything Kain needed him to be as second in command but was grossly under trained by a king and queen who could have cared less about how prepared he was. They grew up as best friends and they still were to this day but he had frequently been left to fumble in the dark and keep Kain’s work from falling behind while they showed off the heir. Looking back on things now those moments weren’t hard to see if you knew were to look on the archives. He just dipped his head taking his leave, his shoulders slumped slightly.

Jaylin frowned, listening to her. "Seriously? But he didn't even try? That's horrible. I can't imagine going through that." Her heart went out to her friend. "Would you like to go for a run after you eat?" She asked, having no idea that Eric was coming back to see her.

--

Kain had no idea what Eric did for him. It made this all the more painful. He looked at his best friend, his second in command. "Eric, wait" He said. He felt horrible for how Eric has suffered for years and he knew nothing. He walked over to the other man. "Would you like to actually learn what I need from you? I had no idea, seriously." He put a hand on Eric's shoulder. "I would never have let it go on this long if I knew" He added, hoping the sincerity in his words was coming out.

Astrid sighed “he was going to but when he realized it hurt he was to scared to… it took until I made him to force my wolf back out that he would even go near me.. but a run sounds lovely Jay… I think I need it.”

—-

While Eric’s eyes still held that bright spark the exhaustion was showing through and he just looked worn out. “You didn’t ever know cause I always had it all done Kain.. I just couldn’t keep up once you stopped doing even some of it … we have to come up with a better solution..”

Jay listened attentively to Astrid. "You had to force your wolf to come back? That must've been so upsetting. Come on, you ready to run?" She asked, standing from her chair.

--

Kain noticed the exhaustion. "I'll handle everything for the rest of the week. Take some time with your mate Eric. After that, we can work on a better solution" He said, hoping this would help them build a better system for the both of them.

Astrid looked at her standing as she followed “she wanted out but it was like there was a wall blocking her… it seemed the pain from his touch was the only thing that made her mad enough to be able to actually break free…”

Eric looked at him "Kain not to be rude but you've never done all the work for a day let alone the week i dont want to start any issues with you and Astrid back so soon,,"

Jaylin listened as they walked. "Wow. That's crazy. " There wasn't else Jay could say to that as they made their way outside of the castle.

--

Kain looked at him, eyebrow raised. "Okay, then walk me through it. It's not fair to put it all on you anymore" He said, crossing his arms.

Astrid looked at her standing as she followed “she wanted out but it was like there was a wall blocking her… it seemed the pain from his touch was the only thing that made her mad enough to finally break through…”

Eric shifted awkwardly feeling like Kain still wasn't happy with him but moved over to the desk and started going through everything he'd been doing

Jaylin listened as they walked. "Wow. That's crazy. " There wasn't else Jay could say to that as they made their way outside of the castle.

--

Kain walked over to the desk, following Eric. He watched Eric start going through it with rapt attention.

Astrid made her way outside and to the tree line of her and Kain's trail before shifting. Her wolf shaking out her coat with perked ears, while Astrid seemed significantly more nervous and uncomfortable her wolf had an almost overly confident and nearly overbearing demeanor. Clearly not being around other wolves and fighting with herself and then her mate after everything that had happened had made her wolf more protective and almost a bit agressive without even meaning to.

---

Eric went through everything he'd been doing or at least organizing for Kain over the years and it was quickly obvious Eric had been holding a majority of the work load.

Jay had followed her out. She shifted just after Astrid did, but she noticed that her wolf seemed overly confident which made her lower head and show her neck as a form of submission, wagging her tail slowly.

--

Kain watched as Eric organized everything and it was clear that he'd been doing more of the paperwork than Kain had realized. His eyes were wide watching Eric sort through it.

Astrid's wolf seemed satisfied with Jay's submission, her tail wagging before she took off down the trail ready to play. Astrid hadn't been lying when she said her wolf was a bit off still.

---

Eric looked up at Kain once he'd finished explaining it all and paused seeing him just staring with wide eyes "Uhhh you good Kain..?"

Jay was more than happy to run after Astrid once she had proved her submission. Jay was still worried about her friend, but eventually she might be back to her old self. Jaylin was happy to stay just behind Astrid, unsure if she could tackle her or not.

--

Kain shook his head, looking at Eric. "I'm fine, I just didn't realize how much you did" Kain said. "I didn't think there was that much paperwork and stuff that had to be done each day" He added.

Astrid seemed to be enjoying the ability to run through the trees and stretch her legs before she vanished into the tree line stalking Jay

Eric looked at him rubbing the back of his neck "I mean some of it doesn't have to be done daily but it keeps you out of day's long meetings monthly. So your welcome to pick your poison there. A lot is stuff I started to keep you from having to live in meetings or like your parents nothing getting done for your people."

Jaylin was trotting down the trail, when she lost sight of Astrid. Her ears perked up as she looked around for her friend. She slowed down to a walk, her head moving side to side.

--

Kain nodded, listening. "That makes a lot of sense. So, what pile is stuff that should be done daily?" He looked at the different stacks of paperwork. It would take a bit, but he was sure he could get a handle on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back