• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cross Blades: The Divine Conquerors Main

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Rojy Erac

Rojy watched as the man sheathed his blade and mentioned he didn’t like casual talk, showing off a bit of annoyance. “Are you sure you don’t?” Rojy said with a grin growing on his face, noticing the man only wanted to know why the storm had occurred. “Well I personally don’t know myself, but, in the meantime we can discuss, to pass the time.” Rojy said as he walked past the man and sat down near the campfire. “Oh, I mentioned is wasn’t important, but my name is Rojy and I know you don’t do casual talk, but considering we are under a lightning storm, any talk we do is not casual.” Rojy said in a relaxed, calm, and clearly casual way, ripping off a piece of his cinnamon roll. “Cmon, if you are willing to discuss with me, I’ll give you this piece of cinnamon roll, trust me, it’s delicious.” Rojy showed it off to Hakai as if Hakai was starving dog.

Gohan510 Gohan510

Hakai
Hakai nodded from the question of him not talking casually he lost the way of communication. As he continued going down the path of corruption. He doesn’t know how to keep a good conversation going for too long. Then the man mentioned his name, but he didnt move nor say anything. Finally he answered Hakai’s question about the storm so he nodded.

“Interesting. A beast’s roar was echoing through the forest.”

Watching the man sit down at his campfire that was slowly burning out cause of the rain Hakai walked to a log and sat with Rojy.

“Hakai. What is it that you so desire to conversate about?”
Solirus Solirus

Rojy Erac

Rojy hadn’t expected to begin a conversation so quickly, but he took the opportunity. “Well, I’d say we start things simple. You have powers or capabilities like everyone who was summoned, SIN wouldn’t just summon a farmer or something. Anyway, what exactly can you do.” Rojy asked waiting patiently for a response. "Oh and while we're at it, do you have any idea where you might want to go?"

Gohan510 Gohan510

Hakai
Hakai waited for the man to continue the conversation and so he did asking the wrong question. Hakai did not answer instead stare at Rojy. Hakai is not dumb and he would never let anyone just know his magic. Why would he share that with someone he just met.

“I do not share my abilities. Maybe i am a farmer that was gifted with armor, shield, and a sword.”

Then he stood up ready to continue his trip and make it quick.

“Wherever the wind takes me.” (Mollug)
Solirus Solirus

Rojy Erac

Rojy grinned as he was given the respons from Hakai. "Oh, what a shame, I really wanted you to expose your abilities to possibly not have a disadvantage against you." Rojy got up and ate the rest of his Cinnamon roll. "Well, at least I can tell you're no idiot, perhaps I'll follow you, it's been such a long time since I had trips like these, especially since I don't ike to travel with large groups. Well, besides, I suppose we'll get to know each other a bit better, no?" Rojy giggled a bit, as he moved and would begin trailing Hakai, possibly annoying him through the journey.

(Rojy is ready for timeskip unless Kai does any more posts with Hakai)

Gohan510 Gohan510

Hakai
While walking off he noticed the strange man following his path. Annoying Hakai he looked back at Rojy who had a agitating look on his face.

“I travel alone.”

The knight was serious but noticed Rojy wasn’t listening. The night sky had a bright moon hovering over as howls throughout the forest can be heard. Though Hakai kept goingbforwarAnd so the two ventured to Mollug.
Solirus Solirus
(Timeskip ready. Short so we can hurry and timeskip.)

Kezathal Tur'othi
"I will pass upon my share of rations, fellow Summoned," Kezathal spoke to Ullis, simply dipping his head in a respectful gesture. He was thankful for the offer, but he had never thought his best while eating. Good meals had always made him tired. Turning away from the robed cook and turning back to those he had been speaking with, the alien commander paused, dipping his head in thought. He had learned much, and would learn more in the coming weeks. However, seeing the sight of Hecate... devouring black goop from corpses, Kez grabbed his Needler Rifle. He fought the hesitation to brain the child on the spot, but put his weapon away, knowing that the others would likely not take too kindly to the gesture. And if he was to do any good for this world, he would need to stay alive. However, that one would die. Tomorrow or next year, the child would perish. We would ensure it.

He turned his gaze away, having had enough of the horrific sight. He turned his gaze now to Cassandra, arms crossed. He listened as she spoke, and nodded his head occasionally. This one would be his first soldier, a strong and trusted ally to have at his side. As she moved to sit near Ullis, he turned as well, following her to crouch alongside her, his posture almost that of a jungle predator, ready to pounce, despite the fact that the alien appeared quite relaxed. He listened closely as she spoke of her home, and new thoughts began to rise in Kezathal's mind. He was a Commander, and needed an army. And now, he knew just from where to get one. "It sounds as if this war is used by your Council to remain in power. I am no stranger to such things. I was once limited, forced to deal with the war, instead of attempting to fix the problems of my people. Now, I am no longer limited." He kept his gaze on her, solid determination in his reptilian eyes.

The Alien turned his gaze next to Yamiko. "Mhm," he scoffed, gesturing to the Ice Spirit. "It is your decision to keep this one alive. Take care you do not regret it." He did not trust the thing, and perhaps even doubted Yamiko's ability to keep it in line forever. After all, such mistakes had nearly cost the Empire its existence. But... he had to expect that these people had seen their own troubles, their own issues. Perhaps this one did know better. In the end, he simply nodded as she turned to leave. "I respect your desire to remain neutral, and shall abide it. However, if this world faces great threat, not mere political squabbling, I will seek you out to pursue your aid."

Then finally, he turned to Orobo. He simply nodded in return to the proposition. "I can accept this. I have no interest in battling with any of you, and refuse to do so for now. At least... some of you," he said, with a glare aimed towards Hecate.

"I have reached my decision." He spoke, standing up from where he sat, raising a three-fingered fist. "I will go to this Mollug, and I will free it from both this endless conflict, and the control of this 'High Council' and its Jaded Tome. We were sent here to be conquerors, but I have never been a conqueror. I am High Commander Kezathal, and I will lead, not destroy. Follow me if you seek to bring forth good in this world, even as SIN maneuvers it into Chaos."

Katie Moon
Castellan, Nortestra

black-cat-jpg.662968

Bestowing Spiritual Blessing
Interaction
: Dirk, Ezra, Tobias, Mii
Mention
: Heartfelt Heartfelt StaidFoal StaidFoal Solirus Solirus
Around: YsFanatic YsFanatic Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

The group started their journey to Nortestra. A journey, he might add, was far from quiet. Katie soon got to know his subordinates better. The hunter guy is Dirk, who never talk much. The detective guy Ezra was someone very smart and good at mysteries, while the technology guy was called Tobias. Katie largely ignored the slime who didn't seem to be able to talk, but he talked a lot (a lot) to Ezra and Tobias. Mainly about space theory, since Tobias had modern knowledge about it and Ezra could talk just about anything.

The sun set just as they reached Castellan. Castellan, for Katie, was a nice trip down memory lane. It reminded him of his homeworld. The everpresent metallic odour, ground that was stained dark red, faint cries for help and death throes... everything reminded him of the day he destroyed Rumiga Kingdom and killed those stupid adventurers. It was pretty satisfying saying 'Who's the beast now? Who is put into submission now?' to terrified-to-the-point-of-pissing-their-pants-literally adventurers.

With stars and the moon slowly filling up the sky, Katie switched the energy he used to levitate from mana to nightlight.

"Finally..." he trembled. With a meow of joy, Katie performed a somersault midair. Katie laughed maniacally as he let nightlight filled his body with vigour and mana.

"I have reached the peak of my power! Cower, mortals, on the face of the hunter of the night, the Patron of Space, the Almighty Katie! Muahahahaha!"

He didn't care what the puny humans thought about his words. He was the best now! With a paw, he pointed at Dirk, Ezra, and Tobias. He used pure mana -- a very inefficient way to draw formation under normal circumstances -- to etch a spell to counter the effect of spacetime pull upon the three of them. In other words, Dirk, Ezra, and Tobias could fly around as long as he maintained the formation. He connected each formation to each person's will, allowing them to control them. Then he switched the formation on. The three men started to float.

"I have bestowed all of you with the power to levitate," Katie's face turned smug. "as long as you are still within about 100 meters radius of the great me, you will be able to fly around using your mind. Try it."

Hecate

From the Eyeless Village, Hecate sends forth: Blood ravens, red-eyed and sharing their eyes and ears with her. They croak and squawk, flying to the other summons.

At the crossroads, they split and trail the second group. At the dirt road to Varruck, they follow the Mollugs and Kez. To Nortestra, Ivan and Felicia, Katie's group, and the others. For those on the way to Solomon's Fortress, they hop treetop to treetop, watching as Yaniko and Skathi, Tear, and the others make their way.

@pree_much_everyone​

Ezra had his ear talked into by their valiant feline leader the whole trip. He hadn't minded, and he understood, but he rarely chimed in except with ideas, deductions or to reason along; Tobias, he figured, would be interested more than himself. It continued like this idly for much of the trip when, suddenly...

the potent scent of copper mingling with sulfur. Even before he heard the desperate wailing, even before he saw people fleeing, he knew the scent of death better than anyone. His detective instinct was excited, and he brisked his step to get there sooner.

Only there was no mystery waiting for him.

All it took was the the scores of people fleeing for him to know there would be no mystery. This problem was dramatic... large. And he saw it as soon as he saw Nortestra. A city on the verge of collapse -- it must've been under siege for years. He tried to stop someone to get information but nobody gave him the time of day. "This is the capital? I say, information dies with the people! Nobody's fit to give me anything in this state!" Ezra looked up at Katie. Loath as he was to give away his agency to anyone, he's a man of his word, and he was giving him the chance to prove his efficacy as a leader. "Shall we get ourselves involved, eh?"

Damafaud Damafaud StaidFoal StaidFoal Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic

Tear Krux
Tear Krux made their way to the Solomon Fortress. They arrived before many others, but stopped in the snowy wilds outside of it, building a small base in the frozen woods for themself. They integrated the blade Ulysses into their FACE, and did research, all the while unaware of the dark eyes of Hecate watching them, or the greater forces in play that would soon be watching as well...

DETRA COLDSPIRE

Detra Coldspire was irritated, her morning of meditation had been interrupted yet again, by an assassin. They came rather often daily at this point, and Detra was truly getting sick and tired of it. She needed more men she could trust and the High Council was being skittish about ordering soldiers back to the castle. The nation was at war with all three of its neighbors and was on the offensive in each nation. The Xact Empire was slow to respond to threats but was truly a slumbering beast and Czarsnikei was utterly impenetrable in its defenses and natural hazards. Nortestra however, was almost finished. Once the capital fell to the hands of her good friend Wyman Ademar and the fell beast Hodir, Nortestra would give in, its spirit finally crushed by the crippling blow.

If Castellan fell, the last bastion of Nortestran strength would be finished and true stabilization of the region could begin; It would be a huge pain but at least the capital would be emptied of cutthroats for a time as most of them would be sent to govern the newly conquered land. She laughed at the irony of that and the suffering so many would endure because of it. There was no joy in her eyes however, she loved Mollug and she knew strength was truly everything, yet, sometimes it seemed almost unfair. No other people were as predisposed towards the perfection of strength Mollug offered. The chaos and violence of the land created wondrous statesmen and politicians along with vicious warriors and soldiers. It was how they had succeeded in their war with almost everything up until this point; The nation of Mollug was an engine of natural selection at its most refined and powerful state.

She sighed as the thought crossed her mind again, “Only a Mollug could handle a Mollug in truth.” A mantra her father had repeated in his last days alive. Succumbing to poison soon after Detra’s graduation she had hated the method of killing sorely ever since. They had long since ceased using the technique for Detra. The method of this morning had been a man dressed entirely in black with a dagger rippling with electrical energy. His death had not been pretty, hacked apart and turned into a living pincushion of sharpened jewels and precious stones. The blade belonged to a Nortestran blacksmith; Nothing good came from that nation. They had enslaved the continent at one point and their insistence at relevance had led the nation to wage a bitter and prideful yet hopeless war against Mollug. Mollug had The Jaded Tome, that should have been the first sign to give up, Nortestra’s avoidance of the bitter realities of its existence had cost them much, much blood. It was only a matter of time now.

Calling a maid over to her bedroom, Detra had the body disposed of before making her way to the front of the mansion she had been assigned in Verruk. Opening up the door to the porch on the front of the building she stalked into the frigid morning air with an elegance befitting the most professional of dancers. The cold air of Verruk formed clouds around the woman's mouth as she looked out over the sprawling city, barely surrounded by its walls with many, many buildings just outside them. Her police force guarded the city with the assistance of Jessamine Absinthe, an Inquisitor who had risen through the ranks quite quickly. Detra did not trust Absinthe, something about her was sour and empty, the core of an old and green apple, drained of flavor and substance; Most definitely hiding something mean and angry on the inside. But at the least Detra knew she cared for Mollug and the High Council.

She had a job today, to find and discuss the defense of the city with Jessamine and a Council representative known as Joan Cavalliere. For the first time in 200 years, rumors of summoned were floating about, vague and shadowy in detail but promising only violence and destruction. The people were afraid, already scared of their rulers and now of beings also outside of their reach or real concern. A show had to be put on, however, to quell any dissension or doubts in the powers of The High Council. Mollug was a nation with one of the highest population growths in all of Valucia; The dark kingdom suffered immensely from overpopulation and plague. War had helped for many years yet now it seemed to have only bogged down Mollug. And yet overpopulation was still an issue; The people of Mollug still starved.

And back to the Summoned; Their arrival was not good news for Valucia, the last time they had arrived, the age of demons had begun. These newcomers had to be stomped before everything was brought to ruin; The peace of the status quo had to be protected from the chaos the summoned represented. The meeting today was for that, Detra, the commander of the Inquisitors and Jessamine of the city guard as well as Joan of the arms industry were to solve the issue of dealing with the summoned. Bounties had been made and placed throughout the country calling for the capture of the described individuals, dead or alive. The bounties were generous indeed and there were many of them; Already bounty hunters and assassins from around Valucia were making the pilgrimage to Mollug and Nortestra in order to collect a reward. Detra hoped to be expecting results soon, but she knew better than to rely on hired guns for answers.

1. The Shooty Wizard/Ivan- Spellcaster of some very strange sort, possibly from Czarsnikei, most likely a summoned. Wanted for murder and disruptive behavior as well as acts of treason against the High Council; Extremely dangerous, wanted dead. Bounty: 25,000G
  2. The Prophecy Princess/Felicia- Another spellcaster of very powerful temperature-related magics. Wanted for murder, destruction of Mollug equipment and warriors, treason against The High Council, arson and potential acts of terrorism against the state. Extremely dangerous, wanted alive. Bounty: 75,000 G
  3. The man with the pack/Tear- Possible clockwork magician/scientist/spellcaster of sorts. Wanted for collaboration towards murder and the slaying of a Mollug officer along with theft of Mollug state property. Considered a threat, wanted alive. Bounty: 75,000G
  4. The Demon Child/Hecate- Spirit or ghost with immense dark magical energy. Wanted for theft, murder, cannibalism, indecent acts, terrorism, a threat to the state and society as a whole and crimes against the state. Considered an immense threat, wanted dead. Bounty: 150,000G
  5. The Tin Man/Charon- Armored warrior of some brawling sort. Wanted for murder, cannibalism, indecent acts and crimes against the state. A considerable threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 75,000G
  6. The Dark Goliath/Malagar- Immense warrior encased in a strong black armor of sorts. Wanted for potential crimes against the state and threat to the populace. A considerable threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 75,000G
  7. The Alien/Kezathul- Tall foreign warrior with strange abilities and a sword of energy. Wanted for suspected treason against the High Council and a potential threat against the populace/public order. A considerable threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 25,000G
  8. The Masked Swordswoman/Yamiko- Foreign woman with strange stealth abilities and a mask of magical properties. Wanted for murder, disorderly conduct and a potential threat to society. Considered a threat, wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 25,000G
  9. Blizzard man/Skathi- Ice spirit of some sorts wielding considerable magical energy and an unstable personality. Wanted for murder, disorderly conduct, suspected treason, a threat against the state and society as a whole. Very dangerous, wanted dead. Bounty: 100,000G
  10. The Scarred Cloak/Orobo- Little info currently, believed to be a monster/mutant of some sort. Wanted for murder, the slaying of a Mollug officer, theft from the state, disorderly conduct, slaying of magical officials, threat to the populace and society as a whole. Very dangerous, at large still, wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 100,000G
  11. The Desert Chef/Ullis- Little info currently, foreign-looking swordsman and chef. Wanted for murder, cannibalism, crimes against the state, disorderly conduct and his cooking skills. A considerable threat wanted alive. Bounty: 125,000G
  12. The Elusive Figure/Rojy- Very little info currently, a normal-looking man with an aptitude for survival. Wanted for magical properties and experimentation, suspected treason, and a threat to society as a whole. A minor threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 10,000G
  13. The False Empress/Lucy- Little info currently, a normal-looking woman with skilled in magic and spearsmanship. Wanted for disorderly conduct, rabble-rousing, magical properties, suspected treason against the High Council and a threat to society as a whole. A considerable threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 75,000G
This was just the beginning, Detra knew others would be showing themselves. Legends said that in the last summoning several thousand had appeared. The world had erupted into flame in that day and age. Everything had gone to shit. Detra had heard legends of nations with technology far beyond that of their continent crumbling to dust due to the actions of the Summoned. She had also heard those very same nations had secretly enslaved the world. But perhaps it would have been better that way, rather than the war-ravaged world they lived in today. She sighed and watched her breath in the cold air before looking out one more time over the vast capital of Verruk. Walking back inside she took a coat from another servant before heading to the first floor. A carriage awaited, guard dressed all in black with blades at the hip for the coach while several other more heavily armored warriors rode armor-clad horses. She knew their were other state guards nearby, watching, hidden all around just for the hint of any sort of attack.

Lissandra Hellcat

Standing at the front of a barricade in the second to last ring of walls, Lissandra barked orders at the soldiers rushing to their positions all around. Arrows filled the sky and dark smoke clouded the sun, uncontrolled fires blazed throughout Castellan as Mollug soldiers and Nortestran warriors battled. Lissandra had been at the siege since day one of the 2 year-long endeavor and she was getting sick and tired of Castellan. As she ducked behind the barricade under a hail of arrows she swore that if she ever got out of this city she wouldn't come back. She peeked over the barricade at the opposing Mollug fortifications. She could see individual soldiers but couldn't make out their features, they were close enough to kill at this point and that was what mattered.

She sighed and sat back against the barricade looking at her battle-weary soldiers; There were so few of them now compared to the numbers that had initially been at the beginning of the siege. She feared they wouldn’t last the month; despite Sulric’s assurances reinforcements were on the way Cassandra knew better. Nortestra’s remaining cities were under siege or barely recovering from them. Castellan would be receiving no help. What the last 3 commanders and the King-Emperor had to defend the city with was all they had. Even still, The King-Emperor was wounded severely and unable to lead his men on the frontlines. The severing of his arm had shocked the morale of Castellan’s defenders deeply and their spirits had reached their lowest points in the past several days.

Lissandra’s location was the front of a set of barricades and fortifications they called a base within one of the main roads of the city’s second ring of walls. The outer two had fallen early on in the siege but the assault had faltered and the Mollugs were further in the city than others. The last set of walls contained the palace and bureaucratic buildings of Castellan and much of Nortestra as a whole. The other two generals had been stationed on the other three roads and soldiers of all sorts fought among the buildings and smaller streets of the city. The advance had stalled at Lissandra’s fortifications and she prayed the same was true for her comrades. Lissandra and her men still came under arrow and spellfire, but it was still better than that and just about everything else an enemy like Mollug could throw at you. Hellcat was surprised she hadn’t died of poison or assassination yet.

A pair of fire mages next to Lissandra had been chanting in preparation of a conjuration spell for a cloud of descendent fire. The spell had range but took much mana to conjure, but the effects would hopefully be worth it. Both women were injured and one even used a crude wooden prosthetic in place of half of her left leg. Their faces spoke of a grim determination and sweat dripped down their blood speckled faces. On Lissandra’s right were several dwarves with crossbows, taking potshots and attempting suppression of the opposing force. Lissandra chuckled at the Nortestran;s resilience; They were good soldiers to have on one’s side, their pride and strength beyond that of many others. Lissandra had ever planned on dying for Nortestra, or any other nation for that matter; Her life was far too precious for that, but as she looked around at the men she had come to call her own she felt a pride and anguish she could not describe. If she was to die for anyone it would be for them.

wallpaper24-9.jpg

Alexander Murkoff

Standing in the midst of a raging skirmish, Alexander Murkoff breathed in a deep breath of the ashy blood-tinged air before exhaling with a cold shudder. Bodies littered the alleyway, Nortestran ambushers cut to ribbons. The Pack, Alex’s elite soldiers had taken some casualties as well, the ramshackle armor and cloth of their uniforms stained with dark crimson patches slowly spreading their pallet to the dusty cobblestone beneath them, pooling in the cracks and appearing as expanding puddles of red. Alex rushed forward to support his men, several of his pack battling against heavy knights wielding battle axes. Alex leaped with a flip right over the Nortestrans and with blinding speed stabbed right through their plate armor into their spines paralyzing the hapless soldiers.

Crossbow bolts sped through the tight corridor at Murkoff. He dodged throwing himself at the wall of the alleyway watching as two of his men, crossbow bolts embedded in their chests, fell choking on death. He snarled and turned, sighting the retreating Nortestrans just as they turned the corner of the alleyway. Alex dropped to all fours and several of his pack did the same. Brother Beast sped off down the alleyway accompanied by three of his pack as the others crawled the alley walls to the rooftops. They were hunting with animal-like efficiency and prowess, natural savagery bleeding through their very pores as they ran. The Nortestrans were few now, and yet Alex still found them in pockets throughout the city, fighting and killing as if the siege had started days ago. He had respected the tenacity at first, now he just wanted them all dead; Too many of his brethren had fallen to the fading empire.

Racing through the streets, Alex caught up with the fleeing Nortestrans quickly. His pack descended upon them alongside the Mollug general like rabid animals. They tore apart the enemy with reckless savagery, their enemies armor crumpling and tearing under the talons of the hunters. The houses around them burned and not all the bodies of the battle were fresh, some corpses smelling as if they had died months ago; Entirely possible in this inflamed city. Rubble was piled all around them and the remnants of an old Mollug forward base was nearby. Probably destroyed in one of the many counter-attacks lead by the bitch Hellcat Lissandra. Her and the one by the name of Sulric had been pains in the asses of Mollug for too long he thought to himself as he wrenched a sword from the grip of a screaming Nortestran orc. Breaking the soldier's legs with two swift kicks, Brother Beast placed both his hands around the howling warrior’s head before making two swift wrenching motions. With a twist, pop and splatter of blood the savage general tore the head from the soldier’s shoulders.

It was moments like these that reminded the general of why he had joined the Mollug military. They cared not for grace or subtlety, just that the job was done and that Mollug benefited from it. Mollug’s uncaring for its neighbors had almost been its undoing in past days; Now, in the field, it truly worked for the most part. The other nations of the continent were afraid, afraid of Mollug and its power. Even Brother Beast feared the Council sometimes. Their savagery and cruelty had made even the animal-like warrior shudder at times. The Council was renowned for it nowadays. Alexander was considering leaving for the southern islands once the siege was over. He’d had enough of the organized and wholesale slaughter. He yearned for the chaos and carnage of the Southern islands; They were isles infamous for their lacking in the laws and civility departments. The perfect place for killers like Murkoff and his pack.

Last edited:
Jessamine Absinthe

The night before...

Normally, Viktor would never leave his manor without his two trusted bodyguards, especially in the dead of night. However, this was an exception he was willing to take. These were her orders should they meet, and everything he worked hard for depended on this. He strode into the center of town, where a fountain sat, the noise of running water being his only company. He fumbled around with the report and bag of gold, walking circles around the fountain. His eyes darted everywhere, but despite his efforts to spot who he was meeting with, someone had snuck behind him and brought him into an armlock. They muffled his mouth, but he calmed down a little when Jessamine entered his view. She wore a dark hood over herself, as if she thought anyone may be watching. "Hester, let Viktor off."

She obediently released him, though rather roughly. As the man massaged his throat, he forced a smile at Jessamine, presenting the items. "The reports from the whistleblower... Everything you needed to know about the council's underground dealings, signed by their second party themselves. It's surprising what a few blank checks and threat notices can do. The pen beats the sword, huh?"

Jessamine took the report and gold from his hand, her frown unwavering. "I have found that whoever holds the sword, decides who wields the pen." She opened the bag, counting the coins, shoving them into her pocket. As for the report, she skimmed through it, and her frown turned to a snarl. She cursed something under her breath, folding it. She scratched her gloved left hand, waving at Hester to come to her. The assassin did so, face blank and unchanging. Jessamine whispered something to her, handing the report over. With that, Hester nodded and put the list into her pocket. Jessamine looked up so Viktor could see her eyes. "Smile, Viktor your reputation is safe."

The noble made a small nod, quickly walking off. When he made it out of hearing range, Jessamine said to her assassin,
"Make sure Viktor doesn't return. Tie up the loose ends."

Present day; morning

Jessamine left the barracks with two bodyguards, though she really did not need them. This was because nobleman Viktor's corpse was found earlier, and they believed an assassin to be on the run. She couldn't argue against them, so she forced her complaints shut as she rode in the carriage with the two guards. She was currently en route to discuss the rumors of an apparent summoned, the first since 200 years. Just when she thought that Mollug would soon change for the better, something like this comes up, and now the whole world is at risk. She subconsciously clicked her tongue as her bodyguards casually chattered with each other. Normally, she would've corrected their behavior, but her thoughts were elsewhere at the moment. Instead, she listened, intrigued.

Her guards were talking about the stupid rumor that's been floating around for decades about some high and might organization, controlling the world from the shadows. She believed it as much as she did the earth being flat. Jessamine couldn't keep quiet, anymore, as the annoyance was crawling on her like and arakla over a crawler. "What, the 'Hidden Hand'? Don't tell me you actually think they're real. A group of the high rich controlling the whole world? You're out of your mind."

That shut them up, and the rest of the carriage ride remained uneventful.

Providence's Underwater Base; The Partners and the Chairman

1578848770832.png

Protected by dozens of force fields, an invisibility cloak, and hundreds of drones spanning out hundreds of smiles, was a diamond-shaped base. The council meeting drew near, and Terrin was the first to arrive, appearing from a portal into a pristine, white room with a table and chairs. His Saturn's Ring adjusted itself so he could sit down himself. Soon, The Partners arrived one by one, coming through portals that closed as they entered the meeting room. Harley appeared annoyed, as if he was in the middle of something exciting. The way he adjusted his pants upon entering let Terrin know everything. Rosalind was as dutiful and focused as ever. He wanted to let her have a break, but he had a feeling she would instantly turn it down. Lastly, there was Gloria, looking as confident as ever. Her family line were geniuses, and he knew all too well what they were like.

"I have called you all here based on the newest report," the Chairman began, voice booming and low, "a group of summoned." The Partners shifted their attention entirely when he said that. Even Rosalind appeared to be caught off guard. "As you all know, my father was a summoned himself. He spoke of the mad god named SIN, and how he ordered him and his 'peers' to conquer the world. Valucia was thrown into total disarray shortly after. Luckily, I only experienced the end of it, as have you, Harley." The Banker nodded in affirmation.

Terrin continued. "My father despised the others' methods of conquering. They destroyed the nature of Valucia, leaving nothing in their wake. I remember one thing he told me when he was still alive: 'Should SIN summon more conquerers, I want you to do your best to contain them.' And that's what I plan to do. However, there is no such thing as too much of a grip. I want to bring some of the summoned to our side, of course should they fit our morals." This noticeably troubled two of The Partners. The only one who kept a straight face was Rosalind. "As for the more destructive ones, remember the projects we built over the years. Now is the time to use them!" Terrin sighed, allowing his blood to cool off. The Partners seemed to have some doubts, but were loyal nonetheless. "As of now, we gain information."

"Right,"
Gloria said not a moment later, "I'll have some men track them and report what they can. Should they be caught, their fail-safe will go off." She poked at her wrist, a holo-screen zooming out of her skin. She pressed some buttons on the screen, and squads of Providence assassins were dispatched with the following orders: "Use the site's energy scanners to locate the spawn point of the summons. Once you arrive, find the perpetrators and watch from afar. I repeat, watch from afar, do not engage. Keep your stealth cloaks on at all times and report your findings as you see them."

Rosalind nodded at her, also bringing up a holo-screen. She contacted some connections, ensuring that their actions would remain blanketed. Harley already knew what to do, depositing millions of gold coins to Providence as their agents' payroll and supplies. With that, Terrin dismissed the meeting, and The Partners traveled back through their portals, closing behind them. The Chairman brought his Saturn's Ring down, accessing the base's control panel. With some clicks and switches, the base turned invisible, and the drones laid low to collect power from the sun and watch for any nearby ships.​

Synthia
Explosions everywhere, the screams of pain, arrows flying, spells flying, monsters colliding, and it was all for the cost of war. War she was sick of, it was like a constant battle with Mollug and Nortestra, though it was for the best of Mollug and that is all she cared about. With every step she took closer to the last wall there were more explosions being set off. Synhtia's fleet was dominating the streets taking little casualties because they knew failure wasn't an option with Synthia. She had no interest in peace and enjoyed blood being spilled all over it gave her a refreshing look at the land other then happy sunlight and flowers.

Hearing the war cries coming from the Orcs that ran from behind her to in front in a full steed to some knights, it was the magical knights that she had heard about. It was the same three knights that followed the lead of Sulric though he was no where to be found. Scoffing at the sight of the three siblings taking out her orcs she felt a bit angered. It was like watching dolls be slapped around by a little demon girl. It was disappointing to seeing the Orcs even attempting to attack them with no plan. A building next to her got its roof blew off as a giant golem rose from it stomping out of the building leaving it to rubble.

Watching the golem slowly walk to the three knights they attempted to take it down, while this was happening a ball of fire flies over her head and lands on a building behind the knights making them blow forward. A smirk grew on her face watching them struggle as well as lead their remaining troops to fight off her own. Synthia cracked out a laugh at the three and signaled her men to leave the knights to her. Karasu swiftly landed on her shoulder looking at the knights with it's blood shot eyes, he had blood on his beak from tearing a nortestrian soldier apart.

Placing her index finger under the birds chin she got a pleasant reaction from her and then she stopped looking at the knights with a disgusted look. She was slightly disappointed Sulric wasn't with them right now and she wondered why. No matter it was her duty to rid of them as they've become quite a nuisance to the Mollug's siege. These commanders and their soldiers barely holding on for this long was surprising to Synthia honestly, she thought Nortestra would crumble in under a week. Yet her expectations were blew out the water like usual, she could never trust her soldiers not even the other commanders she's forced to cooperate with. It was sad she could even call them allies honestly, they hardly got anything done right... Well maybe Alexander and his pack. Placing her right hand to rest on the hilt of her blade she watched as the knights struggled to finish the remains of the golem. Finally they hit it's weak spot, it was the one with the two swords that she sparked interest for. It would be her personal goal to rid of him herself, and maybe make him her very own puppet.

Floating on top of a fountain that was no longer spitting out water. She sat at the top of it and watched the three knights kill some of her undead knights.

"Very good, I'm so proud that you three actually hold to your title.. Where is your Commander?"

She watched them as they seemed exhausted as a dog that just chased a ball for miles. They had blood and sweat mixed together dropping down their face and they panted hoping to catch their breath again. They didn't respond to her and yet the dual wielding one stepped forward in a fighting stance.

"Are you sure you want to do that little knight?"

Wyman and Hodir

The Mollug knight cleaved three-fourths of the Nortestran squad when enemy reinforcements appeared. Yes, Wyman was outnumbered. No, this did not concern her. As the Nortestrans went to surround her, she dove into a nearby, stone house that was in ruins. Not even a second later, the Nortestrans screamed as they were engulfed in flames. The whole force in the area was obliterated to nothing more than charred corpses as the repeated fluttering of massive wings deafened those not used to it. Having ridden Hodir for more than a few years, now, Wyman didn't mind at all.

Hodir lowered for a second, allowing Wyman to grab onto his tail. He started flying upwards, and she climbed onto his back. "Right on time," she said, to which Hodir replied, "Always am," in his usual, gruff voice. They were high in the air, overlooking the battlefield. The archers could do absolutely nothing to the elder dragon's scales. In an area nearby, she noticed Synthia confronting the supposed magic knights that followed Sulric. She could've helped her, but she doubted that their great mage general would lose against three knights.

Wyman held onto the fire-proof saddle as Hodir dove down, breathing hell onto the Nortestrans. His rider saw a ballistic weapon being charged with an anti-dragon shell, making her scowl. She jumped over to Hodir's tail and shouted, "Up!" On cue, Hodir flicked his tail upwards, sending Wyman into the sky to where she aimed. The ballistic weapon was on the verge of firing when what looked like a meteor struck it, splintering the weapon into hundreds of pieces and obliterating the operator. The other soldiers were caught off guard for a good second, which was enough time for Wyman to slash and kill them.

When more reinforcements threatened to down her, Wyman went on the defense, locking swords with four knights at once. As more Nortestrans went around her, Wyman smirked, dashing out and flipping backwards. The soldiers were too focused on Wyman that they did not see the massive dragon flying straight at them like a bullet. She gracefully landed on Hodir's back as the Nortestrans' screams were blotted out by the crushing of the paved roads and smashing of armor. Immediately, Hodir lifted themselves up. "It's an enticing smell," Hodir said when they were up in the air again, "the smell of victory." Wyman shook her head, saying, "Try not to confuse it with the smell of death. I wish for this to end so no more lives will have to be lost." Hodir let out what she thought was a light chuckle. "You're as morale as ever."

Last edited:
Sulric Trynd

“Don’t die, we still need you” Sulric said as he healed one of the injured soldiers behind one of the last remaining barricades. Though the wounds were too great, and before Sulric could heal the wounds, the soldier arms fell limp and Sulric knew, he had failed to save another life. Sulric felt sorrow, not because he wasn’t capable of saving the soldier, but because saving one life could mean he wouldn’t save others as Sulric was told to not expend too much of his magic too quickly.

Sulric had temporarily taken the job of standing on the back lines healing his troops and giving them orders which is a reason why the city still stood. “SIR, the enemies are getting closer, what should we do?” A sergeant nervously asked. “Regroup and rally the soldiers, we have to wait for reinforcements to arrive before we start pushing back. Pushing now will only lead to our defeat.” Sulric stood up. “Assign troops to squads, alone we die quickly and if too many of us are together we shall be a bigger target and more easily outmaneuvered. We must stick to squads.”

“I’ll rescue more soldiers and civilians. Let our defense be as unbreakable as our will.”
Sulric said to the sergeant. “YES SIR” the sergeant responded with more energy.

Sulric left the area and moved towards the streets which had become a battlefield of its own, constantly being contested with squads of all sorts roaming it. Though Sulric was a big and heavy man, he was fast and quickly Sulric made his way to the streets, searching for any fallen soldiers or civilians.

Sulric kept running and encountered a squad soon to be wiped. Sulric immediately rushed towards them. The Mollug soldiers became surprised as they saw the General of Nortestras Defense charging at them. With a mighty shoulder bash Sulric sent a Mollug soldier flying before he could kill one of the squad members.

The Mollug soldiers quickly began to reorganize themselves and most of them began to target him. Sulric quickly drew his sword and with a mighty swing cleaved in half one of the Mollug soldiers. Instead of running the Mollug soldiers kept attacking. One after another Sulric parried their attacks and cleaved them with ease. Though eventually with numbers A Mollug soldier was successfully able to stab Sulric right on the abdomen. The Soldier had an excited look on his face only to be severed by Sulrics sword as the man easily removed the sword from his abdomen.

Having cleared out the enemy Squad, Sulric began checking for the remaining Nortestra soldiers that were still alive. With ease Sulric picked up 3 that were still alive and began carrying them back to base.

As he carried the men, one spoke struggling to make out the words. “Sir, why don’t you go on the attack more. *cough* we’d have an easier time dealing with the enemy.” Sulric kept moving and responded. “If I tried to stay longer not only would I be wasting the magic I have, Mollug would begin to attack me with more forces and we’d all be at a great disadvantage soldier.” Sulric finally having arrived back to base, laid down the soldiers and began healing them back up, hopefully all of them would survive.

Korin
Calling out to his troops to give them courage as he leads them into combat. The battle has been going on longer then it should have, Nortestra really on the brink of destruction and it was at the final wall. The Emperor was injured and that's what made the troops scared of the outcome of the battle, yet Sulric kept mentioning of reinforcements. Korin believed in his master's choice of words, it wasn't because he was his master or his commander but simply because it was the words of a noble man. He trusted in Sulric's judgement as he was hardly ever wrong. Korin used his dual wielding blade to help his troops blow back the Mollug army. They were pushing the Mollug army back and it was looking all good until there were more explosions and arrows taking out his own troops. Looking back his men's number dwindled down more then half, his sister guiding her own soldiers to the right of him were advancing and his brother buu to the left of him staid close. Their men were combined together because Buu never liked leading at all so Korin took it for himself to help his brother out. Reaching the courtyard Korin was battered down and exhausted from fighting for so long he had to take a knee to catch his breathe, his troops took it upon themselves to help protect him and fight off the undead, orcs, and golems. Looking up to his left his brother was shaking in fear he didn't understand why until he stood up and noticed the ebony woman walking past her troops as they split open a pathway for her.

"This is bad..."

Korin sheathed his blade putting his right hand up and slowly waving it to tell his men to stand back, and so they did.

"Go back to the front of the wall and kill any undead, or any Mollug troop that slips past us okay? Watch each others backs and DO NOT, and I swear on SIN do NOT separate."

His words were firm and serious as his troops nodded there was a girl who stood forward and leaded the group of soldiers off back to the wall. Korin nodded smiling under his helmet as he turned back around, and there was an explosion to the side of ebony commander it was a golem.

"Why does things just keep coming?"

Buu
Running side by side with his brother Buu was breathing really hard trying to keep up while holding his axe, he could feel that things were getting worse then ever. Mollug had Nortestra at the very brink of destruction, buildings crumbled, citizens killed, army cut half or even bellow half, and the worse of all the Emperor was down. Their hope was on a thin thread and it made Buu worried to think that this was the last time he would be able to fight alongside his siblings. All their hard work for nothing, to be taken away from them like it was nothing. Buu had tears roll down his face and blood dripped down his forehead as they ran towards the courtyard. Finally reaching it Buu slid a bit to go into a full hault and looked at his brother Korin take a knee for rest. Buu didn't want to sit because he knew sitting down he wouldn't get back up, looking back up as the knights fought he could notice something coming. It was the ebony commander Synthia just the sight of her made Buu's knees buckle up and snot roll down his nose. Buu called out that she was arriving and for the knights to be careful.

Once Korin made the knights retreat Buu watched them run off wishing he could join him, he felt Korin's hand on his shoulder making him look towards his brother. Buu knew under the helmet his brother would be looking into Buu's eyes trying to give him some type of hope to continue fighting and Buu nodded to his brother.

"Lets do this brother, our last stand. Together!"

"Together."
Ara
Running to the right of Korin she lead her troops on piercing undead and once alive Mollug soldiers killing them with grace. The soldiers following Ara always awed at her smooth movements in combat she was very swift. She had kept her ninetails form on for a while now and she was getting exhausted, finally they reached a hault. Taking a knee she took some time to catch her breath sweating a bit from always running and fighting for so long. Ara looked to her left and smiled that Korin and Buu were fine.

"Without you two I couldn't keep fighting."

She said to herself before getting out of day dreaming from a explosion from a fire ball hitting a archer post. She watched the post fall over as the archers burned alive, she closed her eyes in shame as she couldn't save them praying for their souls to rest. Standing up finally once Buu mentioned Synthia arriving made Ara more focused then ever watching the ebony gracefully make her entrance. Her glorious entrance was taken from her as a Golem emerged from a building coming to attack the knights. Calling her troops to follow Korin and Buu's she finally spun her spear in her hands and jumped to Korin's side. Soon after this happened a building behind them blew up from a fire ball making them fall forward. Getting back up as her ears rang she clutched her head.

"Buckle up boys its coming!"

She took the lead of the attack going for its legs cutting them off sending them flying into buildings watching the gigantic golem fall face first to the floor trying to get back up using its arms.

"Now Korin!"

Calling for Korin she seen him stab the Golem in its core making the giant to crumble into a bunch of pebbles. That was faster then she thought thankfully. Now she brought her attention to the Ebony who gracefully landed on the broken fountain. She knew this woman meant business she even asked the three about Sulric yet none of them spoke. She heard foot steps which made her look to the direction and it was Korin standing in front of them drawing his second blade getting in his stance ready for combat, and so she did too. Looking to Buu she was glad to see that he was ready to fight as well and so it begun. Off in the distance Ara noticed a dragon sending hellfire onto Nortestra and it made her think how much worse is their situation going to get? Mollug had undead, orcs, other beast, and even a dragon!? This situation is getting worse then she thought hopefully Sulric wasn't wrong about reinforcements.

THE SWORDMASTER AND SILVER JOHN

Snow-covered-Namhan-Sanseong-mountain-fortress.jpg

The Swordmaster waited, shallow breaths and light snowfall his only company on the wall. He looked out over the vast plains in front of him, the dim light posts on the road to the fortress barely affecting the oppressive night. It was near morning now and still, he felt the unease; Something was out there watching, waiting… Travelers to the fortress had been disappearing on the Sage road. The fields and the snow of Czarsnikei were hiding something from the man, he knew his home well enough to be sure of that. Demons lurked out there, prowling and hungering, stalking the citizens of his nation for flesh that would be devoured in instants. Traveling in Czarsnikei was a difficult affair already with the plentiful snowfall and few game. The demons made the endeavor a nightmare for the common folk.

Czarsnikei was a militant nation, designed to defend itself and work properly at all times; Its organization was unmatched and the cogs in the national machine unyielding. The greatest resource of Czarsnikei is its people, hardy and defiant with a taste for discipline and community. They are as cold and biting as the winter winds that follow any who steps foot in the north. Their cities were massive yet few with only a couple fortified roads between each. In the north, safety in numbers is the rule and the few minor cities that exist, due so at great risk, from behind very thick and very tall walls. To be of Czarsnikei was to be of ice and bone, of snow and fang and of frost and steel. “Of Ice and Bone, till the storm dies or we do, so be it.” the saying was one of his favorites, an old proverb of sorts to the northern folk. Only the men of the northern isles could claim thicker skin, and when you reached the men of the isle’s point, it was hardly a boast.

Most people traveled en masse in Czarsnikei, elements of the military accompanying them to serve as protection of sorts. At the very least there was no fear of bandits on the roads. You’d have to be braindead to consider living in the wilds of Czarsnikei. It was a wonder people still lived in the frigid nation. They were a hardy sort, devoted to community and the common good; Your fellow man was what mattered in Czarsnikei, that and the rulership. The royal family of Czrsnikei was viewed as near-mythical beings to the peasants, powerful and just, deploying the army in defense of its people. And, in truth, for once, the people were right. The royal family of Czarsnikei had always been good to its people, understanding all were needed for survival and the hierarchy was only there to provide organization, quick thinking, and solid leadership. It had worked for many years and generations and the swordmaster believed it would continue to do so. Of course, now they had to worry about Mollug and the swordmaster believed the promise of riches might be too tempting for some.

The Solomon Fortress was more than just a fort, it was a minor city of sorts, entrapped within multiple layers of walls on a large hill surrounded by sparse forest and ponds. There were 4 layers of walls minus the castle itself, each gaining in thickness until the citadel. About 10,000 soldiers dwelled within the walls along with a populace at least as big. The commander of the fortress was a hardy old man named Silver John, almost as good as the swordmaster with a blade but lacking in the strength and speed departments. Experience, however, brought Silver John to a level frighteningly close, he probably would have been his better had they been the same age. The swordmaster chuckled as he thought of the gruff and angry man; He was a tough bastard that one, but he loved his men and his fort like the family he’d never had.

Looking one last time over the snowy plains, the warrior began to walk down the steps towards his barracks nodding to the guards he passed along the way. The snow came down harder now, flurries dancing harshly as if in a cruel ballet. The wind howled and the swordmaster could tell it was not alone in its serenade of the night. There was something very dangerous out there, more than just cold and demons. The only thing that kept the swordmaster from leaving to find and destroy it were the duties he held to the fortress. There were things here he had to protect, that no one else would if he died. He growled as he looked into the grey sky, still dark from the night they had all just emerged from. Whatever it was would wait, for now; they had survived another night. Isekare was unsure of if they’d last another.

As he entered his abode, a barracks for the officers in the central castle, an old man came down the stairs sighting the swordmaster. The old man waved, a grin plastered on his face and eyes wide awake from the coffee he’d just consumed. The swordmaster waved and stopped for a moment to talk with the old man.

“So, just came in from the watch eh Isekare? Hows the night treating ya youngin?

The old man chuckled as he wavered by the door out into the cold morning, putting on a coat and gloves cheerful hesitation. Isekare placed his jacket down as the old man laughed, undressing as the elder readied for the outside. Isekare wanted to make some tea and get to his cats, but he’d humor the general, because he liked the old man.

“My night was as cold as the bottom of the ocean.” He remarked before smirking, “So, just goin out to the watch eh Jon? How'd the night treat ye?”

The general laughed as he put on a helmet of strange design, like an Ushanka hat, and replied,

“So a warm one for ye huh? Mine was excellent, slept like a wee baby, take a picture of me sleepin and replace it with urs and I'm sure none would be the wiser hehe.”

the general laughed and walked out into the snow before Isekare could respond. The swordmaster laughed as his friend walked away, glad of having not to respond with another quip. Old people were exhausting sometimes, always going at the whole verbal sparring shabang. Maybe that was just Silver John tho. The man, affectionate and caring as much as he was, was still quite a weirdo. Isekare was fine with that tho and began to prepare some tea for himself in the barracks kitchen. Itd be nice to lie down with his cats and some tea for sleep.

Doroteya Alexeev

In the pouring snow, the only thing that accompanied Doroteya was the sound of wind, and the stretching of her bow. She breathed slowly, taking aim at a crudely made target nailed to a tree. She was up against the wall, and to an average person the target would have just looked like a stick with a cotton ball on it. She raised the bow up, arrow unwavering. Then, she let go. The arrow whistled through the air, and Doroteya started to walk over to the target. As expected, it was a bullseye, sticking directly in the center of the target. Doro sighed, plucking the arrow out and putting it back in her quiver. There was only two things to do in Solomon's Fortress: fight, or wait until the next fight.

Despite the monotonous routine and the hardships they constantly faced, Doroteya would rather stay here than anywhere else. If staying here meant she could stop a demon from murdering a family, she would gladly do so. She made the slow march back against the wall, this time getting into a running stance over to the side. Readying an arrow, Teya sprinted and jumped to the side, letting the arrow loose midair. In the split second after that, she pulled another arrow and shot once again, landing in the blankets of snow. The move was highly unconventional, and it would've been much easier to just stand still and fire from there, but being able to aim while falling was a challenge for all archers.

Over at the target, The first arrow was stuck in the center, but split in half by the second. She bit her lip, taking the second arrow into her quiver. She needed a drink, maybe some tea or something, because the cold wears everyone down eventually. For some like her, it just takes effect far later than normal. Doro walked into the barracks kitchen, but had to quietly retreat after realizing who was in there. She darted back around the corner, taking a few deep breaths and making sure her chin was up and back straight.

Walking in for a second time, Doroteya greeted the great swordsman, Isekare with a simple gesture. She would wordlessly prepare some for herself as well, making sure not to suspiciously peek at him or give any signs of what she felt. This was a warzone, no place for feelings such as this. It had to be kept that way.​

Ronin
The moon shined the snow mixed with wind blew over the hill tops where the northern General sat. He was at peace with himself meditating controlling his pure mana. Some would say its difficult to get him out of this state. After some minutes passed his little brother hugged him from the back and mentioned that Ronin was the coolest out of the commanders. A smile cracked under his helmet. Waking up from deep meditation Ronin stood up with the boy on his back, the boy was laughing and making swoosh sounds as he swung his wooden sword.

“I’ll be as strong as you one day brother! No even stronger then the master swordsman!”

“Eat your veggies more often then maybe I’ll agree young one.”

“Yuck!”

The both laughed and Ronin took his brother back into their home. It was time for his ride out to Solomen fortress. Still under armor Ronin grabbed a cloak and put it around himself, running his armored hand between his younger brother’s hair messing with it. The response he got made him feel sad inside although the boy was laughing those laughs are what he protected. What he shed blood for. Whatever demon the sword master mentioned must never reach this far back of Czarsnikei no matter what. Crouching down to his brother’s height ronin took his helmet off. To keep his identity hidden from everyone else as its against the code to ever take off your helmet in front of others, anyways back to the story. Ronin smiled at the young boy, his face was always filled with hope it helped during times like these. Hugging his younger brother hardly saying words but allowing their hug to express the emotions between the two.

“I love you big bro be safe.”

Nodding to the boy Ronin gave him a kiss on the cheek standing up putting his helmet on and stormed off to his barracks. In his barracks rested his twin blades, an artifact, and some other samurai taboo shit. Grabbing what he needed he stormed off to his land mount which rested peacefully in its own “barrack

“Its time my friend we must set off now.”

The owlboar rose itself from the dead and shook itself in a manor of a stretch it let off a soft roar nothing too scary. Stepping forward to the gate that separated him and it. This owlboar was rare its fur was black, once a alpha before Ronin made it his personal ride. Though the large beast took a liking to Ronin’s personality, it was pure and humble. The royal buildings above and the common folk land bellow which where he was now was lit wit candles and other fire resource to keep the town warm and lit. Placing the saddle on the back of the furry creature he hopped on his back shaking the lasso that helped him guide the beast signaled it to run off towards Soloman fortress. He’ll arrive there sometime in the morning around 10-12.

Last edited:
Thomas Godot
A long column of troops marched along the once green valley below the hills, the roar of their steps breaking the peace in the meadow; they were following a purple and white banner. Thomas had walked a long while from the shrine in the mountains, eating what the forest and plains could provide him and following a river that flowed from the mountains, in which Thomas had bathed more than once. He had avoided the city of Boreal, as a traveler told him the city was haunted. Black birds followed the marching soldiers, like stygian jackals sent by orders of an unknown dark lord. He had seen birds like those while descending the mountain, so he figured they were common to the area, and wondered how they would taste on a stew. Thomas considered avoiding them, but soon he realized he wanted to speak to them, as if cities in these lands were haunted, he would require protection; maybe they could also help him with this whole being from another world shtick. As he approached the warband, he thought about what he could offer their leader, as protection never came free. “I don’t know the land” he pondered, “so scouting is off the list; maybe I should sell them what food I have and help them forage”. He continued to think about how these men would feed themselves, what supplies they could have on them and if their diet was enough to keep them fighting. The soil was somewhat fertile and the season was slowly getting colder, he figured the harvest would be approaching; this was both good and bad, as food wouldn't be scarce, but soon the winter would fall, and battle cannot be done with starving, freezing men.

The soldiers watched as a farmer with a weird shovel came to them, and said “Hello there, I was wondering if you could help me" the farmer continued despite the weird looks of the warriors "You see, a week ago I appeared on this shrine in the mountains and I really don't know this place, so I thought I could hang out with you to be safe, I can offer help with gathering food". This farmer was a summoned somehow, and High Commander Kezathul needed to hear of this.

Last edited:
Joan Cavalliere
The war with Nortestra was excellent for business, and lucrative too was the eternal siege of Castellan; Joan wouldn’t budge unless the other fronts were as profitable. Of course, she couldn’t say this out in the public, nor even in front of other important figures. She was publicly I support of a short and quick victory, a popular and common stance that has made her avoid controversy and conflict. She started to go over the details again as the carriage drove her to the Council meeting, to see if she should keep squeezing Castellan for everything it could give her. Her siege equipment sales, related equipment and ammo were booming, and she already had invested a lot into many manufactories, some of which were just starting to produce. The conflict with Czarsnikei would be siege centered, with a constant need for engines and ammo, specially ammo and maintenance. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if the war with Nortestra ended and the focus was moved north. If the business wasn’t as good, she could help kickstart particularist nortestran insurrections after the takeover, to sell them cheap weaponry and keep the bottom line in black ink. The conquest of Nortestra would widen the Czarsnikei frontier, and therefore the front, but this was no matter, as Czarsnikei never attack, they only defend, and the resources that nortestran lands held would be beneficial if the Xact were to begin retaliations. The Xact conflict was of no big concern to her though, as it technically was the Xact-Belldan imports conflict, and the belldani would take the fall unless things escalated out of proportion. So maybe she could end the siege of Castellan.

There was also the summoned. She checked the bounties yet another time. Kezathul and Tear seemed the most useful, one as a political asset and the other as a R&D possibility. She had already sent her agents to gather as much info on these two as possible, so now she only had to wait. The other would either fall to the bounty hunters or be dealt with later. For now, all that mattered was getting those two at whatever the cost.

She made many coded letters to her agents inside Castellan, so that they would get out of there and stop helping the nortestran counter the siege and keep it going, and some for certain nortestran nobles that had sworn allegiance to her in exchange for future positions in the administration; the newly conquered provinces would need governors loyal to her, after all. Once the letters were sent using magic and ciphers, she began practicing what she would say in front of the Council. Faking indignation was always useful, she thought as her guards opened the door and she began to walk to the door of the Council building.

The Hollow Father
Growth. Expansion. Evolution. If Father had the ability to make any sound representing relief and pleasure he would have made one at this moment. He had dug himself a deep pit into the ground. Soil, plants and underground creatures had sustained him for the first few days but now he was pursuing much bigger game. His tendrils had grown as well, burrowing around him in all directions. Some had grown vertically, climbing up through the hole in the ground and spreading out into the forest around him. For now his physical reach was limited.

Even so Father was constantly growing, changing. His tendrils would meld with the trees around him in a few days. Stone would be crushed and integrated into the bone shielding his nexus from predators though it was doubtful that anything native to this world would be able to deal such a blow to him.

Sitting in the trees were a small assortment of birds in various shapes and sizes. They had been pressed into service silently with spores infecting their frail bodies and combating their immune systems. Unfortunately for Father most larger creatures, especially reptilians and mammals, were too strong for his spores to take hold so for now lesser avian beings would have to suffice. Some of the birds showed only small signs of infection. Patches without feathers. Blood-stained eyes. Cysts. Others that had succumbed to the Gift showed much greater progress. Armored wings. Curved beaks. Additional eyes. Razor-sharp claws.

Despite their small size and numbers these birds served as main tools for the Hollow Father. They were observers, scouts and predators. Smaller rodents would be caught and assimilated into the mass to serve a much greater purpose.

The sound of boots trampling down dry wood broke the eerie silence of the forest. Father widened his eye before shutting it close. The birds turned their heads. A lone figure. Human. The man was dressed in a worn set of leather armor and carried a sword at his hip. On his back was an equally worn backpack with a simple open-face plate helmet strapped to it. Currently the man was looking at a large piece of paper, presumably a map.

Father observed in silence as the man came closer. Yes, a messenger for my cause.

Slowly his tendrils moved along the underbrush while a much larger one arose from the safety of his nest. It was the tendril with the fused bird.

"WELCOME, CHILD!" The bird spoke with a foul tone, followed by a slow and high-pitched caw.

The man froze in his steps, dropped his map and grabbed his sword. He looked at the tendril and widened his eyes. Slowly the man began to realize that something was very wrong. "What is this sorcery?"

Sorcery? The bird cackled. "THIS IS NO SORCERY, MAN. I AM THE HOLLOW FATHER. YOU HAVE ENTERED MY REALM."

"Hollow Father?" The man hesitated and glanced at his sides. The tendrils stopped to remain hidden. "If you're not part of some sorcerer's vile coven then what are you exactly?"

"THE NEXT STEP."

Before the man had any time to react the tendrils shot forth, grabbing his arms and legs. The man screamed as he fell and dropped his sword. A dagger was plunged into one of the tendrils, causing it to slap him across the face. Despite being severely overpowered the man fought hard to get the tendrils away from him. It was too late however. Slowly he was being dragged closer and closer to the hole, as were his items.

The tendrils snared themselves around his entire body. His arms and legs were kept in place by a great force. A pair of tendrils forced his head down into the ground. With widened eyes the man watched as one of the birds soared through the sky in his direction. A pair of malformed claws landed on the man's chest and the bird, armed with two beaks, tilted its head as its dozens of eyes observed the man.

"No...please..."

The beaks opened, unleashing a swarm of horrid-looking and foul-smelling worms that crawled up onto the man's face. Several of the worms went for the nosthrils. Others to the eyes. Some even managed to get past the man's lips and force themselves down his throat. Please for help soon turned into gurgling as the man twitched back and forth.

Still sitting atop him was the bird, watching.

Waiting.

TERANIS
A sigh of a million sorrows echoed through the woods. With one hand on her primary hilt Teranis continued to make her way through these unknown lands. For the past week she had done nothing but to walk and meditate. Her hunger was at its peak though she had managed to satisfy her thirst at a river. Thankfully her helmet's water filters were still intact, unlike her communications system which was completely offline.

Boots marching was faintly heard of her. She had been following the sound for days. It sounded like an army.

Whether or not they were on their way home or on their way to their next war Teranis could not tell. Hopefully she could follow them to a settlement and trade something for a meal or two. For now though she remained behind them at a steady distance. Her armor and weapons were a clear sign of what she was. A warrior. A warrior without her army.

For now it was safer to travel like this rather than risk fighting the aforementioned army.

Teranis adjusted her hilt and pressed on, clinging to whatever resemblance of honor and determination she still had left in her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back