• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Creepypasta Hunters OOC (Reboot)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Just have your character fall asleep, Nightmare isn't immune to nightmares herself and she's on the verge of falling asleep

EllyGloom EllyGloom just think of what you think happened in the lab since I can't help you with that right now, I don't have the details and probably wouldn't be able to go into details anyway

I think there's a little confusion on the word "cryptid." It's a word used to describe undoccumented creatures, and is the official categorization creepypasta creatures, as "creepypasta" encompasses objects, rituals, lost episodes, etc. I imagine a scientist that studies this stuff would use a term such as that. My character using the term is intentional to show she has researched and understands these creatures in depth. Not to be too picky, but a scientist calling these things "creepypasta" doesn't seem like she has the level of education that the character should have.
Edit: Though it is reasonable she wouldn't want to call her own daughter a "cryptid."
Flame Demon Flame Demon

She's a scientist who worked on illegal experiments, so she calls them by their name since if she would call them cryptids that's be denying that there are creepypasta that can't be explained and they have all the research notes and what not at the gym of most experiments, including Nightmare, so she also doesn't have a reason to call them anything then the collective word for it since it's not a mystery to her, but she's also willing to believe that some things can't be explained by science, another reason I don't use the word, I keep forgetting for to spell it amyway. So I don't mind if you use it, but I won't, please don't explain what it means each time one of my characters says that they're creepypasta's EllyGloom EllyGloom

Also pretty sure I said this before, but English isn't my native language despite how good I may seem, I'm not a fan of using words I don't fully understand and keep forgetting how to write anyway. And before you mentioned the word here I didn't even know it existed

EllyGloom EllyGloom And I looked up the meaning of the word, it doesn't apply with creepypasta

cryptid
noun
an animal whose existence or survival is disputed or unsubstantiated, such as the yeti.

So unless all creepypasta are animals you need to find a better word for it and not confuse the non English people

Yeah, I gotcha. No worries. I'm the same way with calling the creatures "creepypastas." It throws me off a bit, since it generally extends beyond just the monsters and creatures. Like, the "Squidward's Suicide" lost episode, and the Pokemon Black are creepypastas too. Just a miscommunication really. It's okay. Thanks for explaining though. ^^
Flame Demon Flame Demon

wow okay stop being hard on Elly because they want to use a different word. They've obviously done their research, and have thoroughly explained their thinking.

Like it or not, humans are animals. Any living thing that isn't a single-cell organism and isn't a plant is an animal. Creepypastas that are living beings, then, are also animals. They fit in the description of cryptids, and frankly calling a sentient Creepypasta a cryptid isn't so hard.

It's the difference between calling a unicorn a myth or a horse with a horn on its head, in where calling it a myth is the same as calling Slenderman a Creepypasta, and calling a unicorn a horse with a horn on its head is akin to calling Slenderman a cryptid. They're both correct, but one is more specific than the other.

Basically, cryptids are only for alive Creepypastas. Elly never implied all Creepypastas were cryptids, only the living ones.

So chill, geez.

Question about secondary characters.
What's the rule on this? For example, Flame Demon Flame Demon has NM and Alicia's mother, who isn't an actual character, and Juliette's boss. Flame has been interacting as her boss, and various officers. Not that I mind the progression of story, but it feels weird having someone else play out a support character I've made, or if I were to do it to someone else's support character. This is really my first forum RP, so it's a bit confusing for me. Thanks for any help in advance. ^^ Just wanna make sure I don't step on anyone's toes.
Magadude Magadude

Oh yeah. I saw that the other day. I wasn't tagged in it, so I didn't pay attention. Maybe it's a clue or mystery or something? I did notice looking back your name isn't highlighted anymore Midrick Midrick ?

Why isn't there something being done about this though, kinda ruins the rp fun if someone puts annoying messages down no one understands.
Magadude Magadude

Maybe if there was an explanation, but this guy joined last sunday. Probably just a smurf account.

A term rainbow six siege players, like myself, use to describe someone who has an actual main account, but create a new one to look new and inexperienced. Usually meant for trolling.

Okay... That just makes no sense whatsoever to me since this is the first time it happened in a rp I'm in

If you play any type of competitive games this is a huge problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back