Other 🌸 Creative Types

kirche

pretty little head
So as some of you may know, Adobe recently created a quiz that determines you creative type. Here, you'll answer a series of binary questions that will in the end determine whether you're the Artist, the Thinker, the Adventurer, the Maker, the Producer, the Dreamer, the Innovator, or the Visionary. While the test questions were generally abstract and seemed to have no relation to art, creativity, or even each other, there was apparently a formula used to create the quiz and it was at the very least backed up by research.

Anyway, I thought you guys might want to try taking it as well! You can take the test by going to Creative Types by Adobe Create.

I took the test myself. You'd by surprised (or not, since this is Adobe, after all) by how pretty and quirky it is. My type is:

The Producer

Share yours here!

Last edited:

Seems I got myself a thinker.

Nonetheless, some of this quizz has a few faults to it, the biggets of which is that it appears to have sacrificed accuracy for aesthetics. A few of the questions can barely, if at all, be understood, especially if you're not a native speaker (I was able to solve any difficulties I had with a bit of google, I assume, but I've always been good at finding the right keywords for what I want, and not everyone has that luxury)

edit: at first I got a dreamer, then I realized I would probably change one of the answers I gave which I was very neutral to in the beggining, and the thinker result honestly sounds a lot more like me

Last edited:
I'm the dreamer, neat little thing :3. Thanks for sharing this :333

No problem! 🌸🌸🌸

Seems I got myself a thinker.

Nonetheless, some of this quizz has a few faults to it, the biggets of which is that it appears to have sacrificed accuracy for aesthetics. A few of the questions can barely, if at all, be understood, especially if you're not a native speaker (I was able to solve any difficulties I had with a bit of google, I assume, but I've always been good at finding the right keywords for what I want, and not everyone has that luxury)

edit: at first I got myself a dreamer, then I realized I would probably change one of the answers I gave which I was very neutral to in the begginer, and the thinker result honeslty sounds a lot more like me

They intended for the quiz to be "aesthetic-y", or abstract. Possibly so they can get answers from people that are more thought of rather than top-of-the-head (like people probably would if the questions were more direct: i.e., Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?)

But that's interesting! 😮 I never considered how the abstractness of the questions might affect the results of non-native English-speakers, but it's good to know this. I, myself, am not a native speaker, but I am fairly fluent (and mine was accurate to a T). My brother, however, had a difficult time choosing as well, given that he doesn't know what some words mean in other contexts than what he originally already knows. Bottom line: non-native speakers who aren't that well familiar with colloquial terms and contexts might have a harder time getting the right result, given their unawareness might have led them to uninformed answers.

Thank you for pointing out this flaw! Nonetheless, I found the quiz (and, with it, the types) a very interesting concept. It is in need of improvements in terms of understandability, but it can be improved. 🌸

But that's interesting! 😮 I never considered how the abstractness of the questions might affect the results of non-native English-speakers, but it's good to know this. I, myself, am not a native speaker, but I am fairly fluent (and mine was accurate to a T). My brother, however, had a difficult time choosing as well, given that he doesn't know what some words mean in other contexts than what he originally already knows. Bottom line: non-native speakers who aren't that well familiar with colloquial terms and contexts might have a harder time getting the right result, given their unawareness might have led them to uninformed answers.
Yeah. I myself got a proficiency degree in english with cambridge, but it took me a bit to realize for instance what the "spring and ruler" question meant, as one might take ruler to mean like the ruler of a country and a spring as the season spring, or spring as in a natural fountain to put it in such terms... It's only through context clues that one can really pick up on the fact that they are talking about the objects, and even then you might have trouble getting it if you don't know the vocabulary or don't get how they are associated (which is metaphorically).

Got innovator.

Many of the questions were... incredibly vague, in a way that annoyed me instead of inspiring thought. For some of them I ended up hitting a random option and going with whatever. Didn’t really help that the slow fade and filler videos after every question bogged down the experience (for me, at least)

Overall this felt more like taking a BuzzFeed quiz than a real psychological evaluation. But maybe I’m just missing the point

Yeah. I myself got a proficiency degree in english with cambridge, but it took me a bit to realize for instance what the "spring and ruler" question meant, as one might take ruler to mean like the ruler of a country and a spring as the season spring, or spring as in a natural fountain to put it in such terms... It's only through context clues that one can really pick up on the fact that they are talking about the objects, and even then you might have trouble getting it if you don't know the vocabulary or don't get how they are associated (which is metaphorically).

Oh, yes, I see how that might be a problem. The videos kind of showed the clues as to what the questions referred to, so I guess maybe they should have hinted the videos before or while the people are answering.

Anyway, thanks for the insight!

Got innovator.

Many of the questions were... incredibly vague, in a way that annoyed me instead of inspiring thought. For some of them I ended up hitting a random option and going with whatever. Didn’t really help that the slow fade and filler videos after every question bogged down the experience.

Overall this felt more like taking a BuzzFeed quiz than a real evaluation

Ooohhh... 😮 Oh no, I was annoyed with the slowness of those too, but I watched them anyway. You have the option to skip, though! There was a link at the bottom that lets you skip the videos. 😊

Oh, yes, I see how that might be a problem. The videos kind of showed the clues as to what the questions referred to, so I guess maybe they should have hinted the videos before or while the people are answering.
Possibly. Though the videos changed depending on the answer you gave, so that might not work out all too well..

In any case, I'll stop bothering you now. Have a great day!

I got the Dreamer.

I really liked this~

I understood it perfectly (in my own way). I honestly think it's up to your own interpretation of things maybe? I think that's why some of the questions were a little odd or seemingly vague. I dunno! That's how I interpreted it, anyway!

Possibly. Though the videos changed depending on the answer you gave, so that might not work out all too well..

In any case, I'll stop bothering you now. Have a great day!

You as well! 🌸

I got the Dreamer.

I really liked this~

I understood it perfectly (in my own way). I honestly think it's up to your own interpretation of things maybe? I think that's why some of the questions were a little odd or seemingly vague. I dunno! That's how I interpreted it, anyway!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! 🌸

Got the Thinker. I gotta say, trying to take this quiz over my third-world Internet connection was not as fun.

Agree that the test was a bit flawed in terms of methodology but I think I actually enjoyed taking this one more than the others I have taken prior. I kind of agree with the results I got as well. I think I like the randomness of the questions too.

The Innovator.

That was a fun little quiz. I loved the mini videos. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back