• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Creating One's Own Destruction (partner wanted for m x m vampire/human plot)

MaceratedMoth

Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! Welcome! I've had this plot bouncing around in my head for a few days, so I thought I'd detail it here and see if there was any interest.

First-- a little about me:
  • 22, he/they, EST
  • I have around 10 years of roleplay experience across various platforms
  • I'd consider myself lit. to advanced lit, I write in third person
  • My reply times typically vary between several times a day to one or two times a week, all depends on how invested I am and how busy I am irl :p
  • I love OOC chat, either about our characters or the plot, or just whatever! I also love drawing my OCs and making Pinterest boards and Spotify playlists, if that's something you're into
  • Ghost-friendly, though I would appreciate a heads up if you do decide to leave
  • LGBTQ+ and POC friendly ofc!
  • I prefer Discord or PMs for RPs, I just find it more convenient that way
  • Romance is pretty much an essential for me-- I like it to be a pretty significant part of the RP, but I like to have a lot of plot aside from that as well
  • I have a strong preference for writing male or non-binary characters, and I'm mostly interested in MxM, NBxNB, or MxNB pairings

Partner Requirements:
  • 18+-- I just don't feel comfortable writing with minors atp
  • Please be at a similar writing level & good grammar, though I completely understand that some mistakes will happen and that's all good
  • Be able to reply at least once a week, though I don't mind if it sometimes takes longer-- life happens!
  • OOC chat isn't a requirement, but it is a huge bonus for me! All I ask is that you take an active role as far as plotting

In a world much like our own, creatures of the night stalk the shadows in search of unwary prey. Some humans are aware of their existence, such as rogue bands of vampire hunters, but many live in blissful ignorance. Authorities turn a blind eye to mysterious disappearances and strange, gruesome deaths, seemingly aware of the threat these creatures pose but unwilling to do anything about it for fear of becoming targets.

Character A, a vampire, was a scientist (or perhaps an alchemist if we want a more antiquated and/or fantastical setting) in their human life. Offered an opportunity to work with one of the greatest minds of their time, they excitedly accepted; not knowing that this man was something not quite human. Eventually they were granted the gift (or curse?) of eternal life. However, disgusted by the cruelty their maker would eventually show, they fled to forge their own path in their new life. Having this existence thrust upon them, where they had to sustain themself on the life-force of others, was not something they took pleasure in. Along with another vampire whom they believed felt similarly, they began to work on what they hoped to be a cure-- a compound that would revert a vampire back to their human state. But when they finally tested the compound, they found it killed every test subject. Frightened by what the two of them had created, Character A destroyed all evidence of their research. Their partner vanished, perhaps in fear of being silenced.

Many, many years later, Character A is contacted by a mysterious organization. This organization is requesting their help and wants to fund a cure for vampirism. Character A agrees to help, once again hopeful to reverse their own state of being-- although they have their suspicions that this organization has knowledge of their previous attempt. Unsure if this group truly wants to create a cure, or is hoping to get their hands on the bioweapon Character A previously accidentally created, They begin to work on a new compound.

Character B, a (currently active or retired) vampire hunter, is given the task of overseeing Character A's work and ensuring they follow the organization's wishes. Perhaps Character B has some background in chemistry (or alchemy) and is able to assist Character A, or they're only there to make sure Character A doesn't get up to any funny business. Character B, of course, having plenty of experience dealing with vampires and the brutality they're capable of, dislikes Character A from the second they meet. Perhaps they aren't informed beforehand that they would be working with a vampire? Character A is distrustful of Character B, both due to their background as a vampire hunter, and because they're unsure if Character B works within the organization or if they were hired as a third party. However, as they work closely on this critical project and learn more about each other, they develop a mutual trust and fascination . . . and more.

You might be able to tell from the fact that I've clearly thought out Character A's backstory more thoroughly, but I'm definitely leaning towards writing the vampire character here, though I'm also open to writing Character B if you strongly want to write Character A! You can also feel free to tweak the backstory/motivations of your character as you wish. I'm very open to plot suggestions as well!

If you're interested in writing this with me, please send a DM with a little about yourself and which character you're interested in! Feel free to throw in any additional plot/character ideas as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back