• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Crayons' Scribbles

Crayons

Iconoclast
Crayons' Scribblings

✨
Welcome, gentle folk.
I decided at last to make an art thread!
I will mainly be sharing character pics here,
some are my own characters,
others were made by commission or request.

✨
I love drawing. I actually do this stuff for a living. :3
Feel free to ask me questions!
Most of the line art is traditionally drawn,
Colours are sometimes digital.

✨
I'm considering offering commissions in the future,
although not right now because I have a big project I need to focus on.
But watch this space!

✨

49299098438_55867f2f5c_c.jpg

Do people like getting info on the characters? Who they are, what RP they are from (if any)?
Do you like info about how the images are created?

49299073123_b96407a088_c.jpg

49299576271_0102edbcfc_c.jpg

Yeah mate I'd love to hear all those juicy details!

The samurai's name is Katsuyori. He was from an RP in which a lot of planning was done but only one post was made - mine. Partner ghosted. Maybe I scared her with the length of the post, which was about 2000 words. XD It was hella fun researching all the armour, and how all the bits of costume and the horse and the horse's barding worked together. The line-art is traditional, the colouring was done in Photoshop.

Tengu are a type of demon/spirit from Japan. They are often depicted with bird features, like the one on the right, but they can take the form of a human too. This was originally a sketch I made based on a reference to practice drawing but I decided to also colour it with markers, and then re-do the line art on the reverse of one of the colouring attempts. Coloured with Promarkers.

The elf was a drawing I made of an Elfquest fan character that I had waaaay back when, and I was feeling nostalgic for her. Her name is Iselren, and she was a bit of an explorer type. Again this is drawn traditionally and coloured with Promarkers + a gold Promarker.

Here's a character, Aya, I made for a Naruto universe RP on this site. Sadly it died, so the character is now in character limbo.
Traditional line art, digital painting in Clip Studio Paint.

48820075571_06637d5784_w.jpg

49357012118_6178c4f07c_c.jpg

I like this piece even though the likenesses of the characters aren't what I wanted.
This is my character Kojuro and my friend's character, his girlfriend Nakatani.
I love these characters!

Does anyone else find it really hard to draw their own RP characters?
Especially if you've been playing for a long time and they feel real to you?

Lineart is traditional. Colouring is a mixture of tones created with grey Promarkers, and hues and texture done digitally on Photoshop.

I won a contest on Deviantart to get a cosplay shoot done of your OCs. I kept the whole thing quiet from Naka's player so I could surprise her. This pic is referenced from one of those photos.​

49357012118_6178c4f07c_c.jpg

I like this piece even though the likenesses of the characters aren't what I wanted.
This is my character Kojuro and my friend's character, his girlfriend Nakatani.
I love these characters!

Lineart is traditional. Colouring is a mixture of tones created with grey Promarkers, and hues and texture done digitally on Photoshop.

I won a contest on Deviantart to get a cosplay shoot done of your OCs. I kept the whole thing quiet from Naka's player so I could surprise her. This pic is referenced from one of those photos.​
I love this piece so much. I am glad you won! You deserved it for all your hard work.

Why is it that art can inspire, challenge, and amaze so many people!? Just.... WOW! Amazing work, Cray! (May I call you Cray?)

I really like your style!

yeah! In the end I just gave up on that and whenever I need a drawing of my OC, I ask a friend to do it for me lol I can draw some new ones that I haven't played with yet... But the ones I'm attached to.... nonono, my friend will do it better XD

I really like your style!

yeah! In the end I just gave up on that and whenever I need a drawing of my OC, I ask a friend to do it for me lol I can draw some new ones that I haven't played with yet... But the ones I'm attached to.... nonono, my friend will do it better XD

Thank you!!

The pain is real. 😭 New ones are easier because you can draw them before you have a fully formed mental image. Once you already have that it's impossible.

The pain is real. 😭 New ones are easier because you can draw them before you have a fully formed mental image. Once you already have that it's impossible.
that's true 😭 like, when you draw, you're still experimenting with their appearance, but once it's set in stone it becomes impossible to draw!

Thank you!!

that's true 😭 like, when you draw, you're still experimenting with their appearance, but once it's set in stone it becomes impossible to draw!
At least you all CAN draw.... I haven't been great with the artistic department....

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi reminded me of Bleach RP today, so I thought I'd share some portraits of Bleach RP characters doing their shikai thing.
The first portrait is my friend's character, Juzen. A bunny-loving, somewhat vain but extremely nice guy and very powerful.

The second is my character, Kana Asakawa. She was a riff on the whole creepy-twins, creepy-dolls aesthetic.
Straight down the line, duty-first type gal, learning how to think for herself not just follow orders, but also liable to flip out when pushed.
She believes her zanpakuto spirit is her twin sister (but who knows if that's true?)

The third is my character Huo Yao. A thug from the Rukongai with his own ideas of how Seireitei should be reorganised.
Juzen's sidekick, tearer-up of rulebooks, and reluctant owner of a pet duck.

Much fun was had with all of these characters, especially Huo Yao and Juzen whose long and hilarious story
I consider to be one of the best and most enjoyable RPs I have ever been part of.

✨

49400960312_b8a29f97da_z.jpg

✨

49400759956_95e835ee0e_z.jpg

✨

49400281963_1f97fbb877_z.jpg

Here's a really polished one.
This was a commission from a friend of his RP character (the ogre)
and our other friend's character (the lady) enjoying a cup of tea at his cave.

Original print size was A3 (420x297mm)
Traditional lineart, digital painting using CSP

(I hope a topless male ogre is OK to show here ... he is wearing a loincloth XD )

49478139693_dfd31fafac_c.jpg

✨

Details:

49478846872_59f8718a2a_z.jpg

49478851917_953ba38d6f_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back