• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings craving: action/comedy with mahou shoujo elements (Panty&Stocking-inspired) | FxF

Buttercup.

your ad here
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just edited this to make it clear I don't require actual knowledge of PSG but anything with the general vibe would be fun. Parts of this post assume some familiarity but don't let that intimidate you - if the rest sounds fun, I'm sure we can work with that!

---

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (PSG) is not exactly the biggest fandom out there but I've found that mentioning it to people occasionally makes them go "oh I actually love that but it felt weird to say it", so let's try! I've had this craving for a while and haven't managed to get it off the ground so far for reasons outside my control. I have some assorted ideas from planning it with people but I'm totally open to changing some aspects of it to make sure we both like the result.

The general gist:
We play a new pair of questionable protagonists with enchanted transforming clothing/weapons fighting monsters and having a kinda problematic relationship. Basically that "I hate you but I'm stuck with you" dynamic, preferably with some slowburn thrown in. The way I planned it was they get their powers through some unceremonious accident, a Garterbelt-like handler looks them up and explains their duties to them, they're immediately like "lol no" but eventually circumstances force them on that path anyway. Like I said though, most of this is open to discussion!

My hopes are we can make something with the same hyperactive action/comedy vibe the show had, in any case. I tagged this as "mature" because you just can't have a PSG thing without some mature themes but obviously nothing too explicit, as per the rules of this website.

My general preferences:
  • pairings: slowburn FxF preferred
  • length & complexity: "literate" I guess, by which I mean I'll rarely go under 200 words and may go over 1000 if inspiration hits and the scene warrants it
  • style: I'm deathly allergic to long-winded static descriptions and run-on sentences that feel like an advert for a thesaurus. Unless it's some exhumed ancient deity speaking, overly ornamental writing is a turnoff for me (I'm kinda picky about this one, which is why I prefer getting a writing sample first of all. Allows us to save each other's time.)
  • frequency: moderate. I'll try not to do less than 1 post a week without a good excuse, probably will do more if I'm really digging it
  • collaboration: it's a 2-way street, neither of us should pull too much or too little weight for too long
  • settings: open to most things, notable exceptions include vanilla realism, pure romance plots, furry stuff and mundane settings like schools or offices
  • aesthetics: I like cartoon/anime style portraits. Not a fan of fancy formatting and BB code but you do you as long as it's easy to read and not too distracting
  • platform: I only play on RPN but I'm open to using Discord for OOC
  • timezone: I live in Europe, only available in a meaningful capacity during what's morning in PST and late morning / early afternoon in EST
  • real life identity: I'm in my early 30s and would prefer a partner who's at least in their mid 20s (not like I'm gonna card you to verify, obviously). Not particular about pronouns.

Writing sample:
I like to think I'm flexible but usually gravitate towards more or less this style.
Upon arriving, Sera took a moment to scout the surroundings. Seemed like a quiet enough neighbourhood, only a couple people around and none of them seemed to give a shit really. Looked like things were going to go silky smooth for once in her life!

The chapel was in a sorry state, clearly a target for vandals and a hiding place for some of the less successful members of society. But she wasn't here to sightsee. Instead she took a deep breath and walked in... Taking that deep breath first turned out to be a brilliant idea actually - a group of teenagers were just smoking something putrid in there.
"Hello, kids. I'm going to need you to leave, yeah?" she requested casually.
An androgynous member of the group lazily turned their head to face Sera. "Or what? ...like, this is our spot."
"Sure, that's fine, I'm not gonna steal it or anything. Just need to have a look around."
"You a fuckin' narc or what mate? Need us to kick your arse?!"
Well this was going great. She really didn't have time for this. "Look, just go for a little walk, get some fresh air and you can have this shithole back. Is that too much to ask?"
"They's a fuckin' cop, I tell ya."
"Yeah! Get outta here, copper!"

What now? Fight them? Nah, she needed to save her energy for the actual mission. This was just the entrée. But the polite approach wasn't working either. She had to go for something inbetween, and threatening a bunch of bored good-for-nothing kids sounded like it might make her feel a little bit better about herself, actually. So Sera pulled out her catalyst and waved it around in what she thought was a threatening way. "You know what this is?"
The teenagers squinted at the messy bundle of mismatched parts. "Shit, I dunno... like, a small brushcutter engine?"
"Be a lot scarier if you had the blade part though."
She was going to have to fire it up, wasn't she? She held it out in front of her as some of the parts began to spin and pulse with light, which admittedly looked really dope with all the lingering smoke in the room. Just a little parlour trick ought to do, no reason to unleash its full potential or anything, right? "Yeah don't make me cut your brush, kid!" Shit, was that Sera's attempt at a witty badass one-liner? It was, wasn't it? Shameful.
"The fuck is that?" one of them asked. Their tone didn't really imply 'I'm scared' as much as it did 'I'm too high to tell what's going on', but it was a good sign either way.
"It's something that can fuck you up, but I'd still rather not have to demonstrate." She wasn't lying. The damn thing was starting to overheat from being in this mode for too long already. This had to work, otherwise there was no telling what might happen.
"Oh it's fuckin' me up alright," the sassy stoner mused, apparently hypnotised by the dancing lights. "You still need to get the fuck out though, a'ight?"

So. Fucking. Hot. It was probably crossing the power unit's safety threshold. She couldn't keep this up much longer, so there were only two options: Back out like a complete wimp and become even more of a laughing stock for these underage villains she already felt defeated by... or actually discharge the energy somehow. Two options are more than one though and she wasn't always great at making decisions under pressure. WHAT NOW?! She couldn't just kill them or anything, right? She wasn't evil, or at least she didn't think so? But backing down would get her no closer to her goal and she'd feel really stupid! JUST GOTTA PICK ONE! The damn thing in her hand threatened to explode any second now. MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND, SERA!

If you like what you see, don't hesitate to shoot me a DM, preferably with some ideas on what you expect from the RP and possibly a writing sample.

Last edited:
Updated to state that it doesn't have to be in the same universe and being familiar with it is not strictly required as long as the vibes are vibing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back