• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Court Of Secrets (OOC)

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
Out of character chat for Court Of Secrets.
Rules:
1. Be nice OOC
2. Please be detailed in your responses, at least three to four paragraphs per post, but more is welcome.
3. Please be able to post at least once a week
4. You are allowed as many characters as you can take care of.
5. Have fun!

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Working on my character, but quick question, what century is this inspired from? Cause.. making a peasant born Royal Guard (the only one currently and the last one in a few decades) and I need to imagine the armor they wear.. so.. is it:

13th.jpg

Like the above? The 13th century knights? The standard mail knights with long tabards and great helms? (M personal favorite.)

Or the era loved by many high fantasy:
15-16th.jpg

The 15th-16th century knights with full plate armor where, in terms of war, swords were more for pretty decoration or badges of office then really a viable weapon of war?

Asking cause.. I.. don't want to pick one, then the very next day, have someone jump in saying they have 'X armor' despite it not being near that time period and having to go back and make a bunch of edits. Happens, literally, every time.

So which were you planning? More of that 'true' medieval period in the 13th? Or that more.. advanced renaissance with the 15th-16th? If 15-16th, is blackpowder a thing?

Cosmo Cosmo I was thinking more 15th-16th century, so the second one would be better. It looks a little bit more accurate to the time period I was imaging this being based on. Blackpowder is a thing.

I was thinking more 15th-16th century, so the second one would be better. It looks a little bit more accurate to the time period I was imaging this being based on. Blackpowder is a thing.

I see. Whelp, I'll go and write that armor in.

giphy.gif

Someday Cosmo you will get to play a 13th century knight... someday... and no one will jump in with plate because they think it is super cool... someday...

It's very late (or early?) where I am, so I'll work on my prince later today - when I've actually had sleep. :P

Right, before I forget, Sigismund's military record of being in the Winged Lances, the Winged Lances are pretty much just the Winged Hussars of Poland, so these guys:

polish_hussar_by_mynameisbyron-d54ugck.jpg

Around in the 16th and 18th centuries. Also early 19th, but by then were more decorative then military. So, around the time musketeers and what not were popular. One of the greatest heavy cavalry units the world has ever known.

And also, god, are they just sexy looking.

Heads up, mihgt not be able to post till tommorrow night, but continue without me cause I plan for the prince to come in a bit later....Also, SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Can I change my guy's picture? Wanna make him a bit more realistic.

I should be back to my normal posting frequency from tomorrow. I've had a few of my own projects on the go as well as work but the bulk of it is done now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back