• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Conquest RP

Romero

I haven't really seen any other conquest RP's, so I don't know if they're really allowed, but I've just come off running a successful one on another site and thought I'd try another here. Because it's a conquest RP, all the players will take the part as a nation of their design and they'll wage wars, use diplomacy etc. Just popup if you have any interest or thoughts. Anyway, the basic setup of this would be:

Rivagi eh? Place is a fucking wasteland! But if you’re so determined to get your throat cut by the bastards that inhabit Rivagi, then I’ll tell you what I know. Not that it will help you….. There are god knows how many self-proclaimed kings in that hell-hole, all claiming to be the strongest, the most righteous, the most powerful. They’re all at each other’s throats, and there’s been no small number of wars over petty insults. It’s said that so much blood has been spilled that the rivers run red from forgotten battles, or some other poetic crap like that. Yet every year, just as winter is starting to come in really hard, they all gather together in their precious “Capital” and argue over which one of them should get to wear the pretty crown.

You see, if you listen to the history scholars, they’ll tell you that centuries ago, Rivagi wasn’t this broken cauldron of war. They’ll tell you that there was once an almighty empire, one that really had some power, that rode out of Rivagi and tore across the known world, stretching all the way to Tahri way in the East and Kolnur in the West, and built towering castles and fortresses that reached up to the sky. What happened depends on who you ask. Some will tell you that the last Emperor tried to seize power all for himself and was overthrown by his nobles, others that some power in the West beat back the Empire and it began to fall apart, others that the lords just got too greedy and tore apart the Empire themselves with petty wars. All that anyone really knows for sure is that there’s no god damn Empire here anymore, just a bunch of heartless crooks who all claim that they are the rightful next Emperor. That why they gather every year in their big, impressive Capital and have a vote for the next Emperor. No-one’s won for generations of course, because everyone only ever votes for themselves! So every year they come back to their castles, bitter and sour, and lead their armies off to war against their neighbours.

You never know though, if you take the time to listen to some of the crazy people around here, they’ll tell you that there’s some great prophesy, but there’s always a fucking prophesy…… They say that there will come some great warrior, who will unite the fractured kingdoms of Rivagi and become the new Emperor and birth a new golden age for the Empire. Like that’s going to happen!

I'm actually really interested in this, as I've been playing games like Europa Universalis and Mount and Blade Warband, count me in!

This idea has some serious potential, I'm definitely interested. I'm very curious to see how this would work out on a large scale as it seems to be portrayed.

Great to see people interested. Obviously the more people make nations, the more diverse and interesting the RP will be, but I can easily do it with just a handful so I'll get the Roleplay up in the next day or so.

Wow, I'm really impressed with how many of you have shown interest! Definitely expect to see RP go up soon and I'm looking forward to seeing you all there ;D

Right, so the RP itself is up now here!

It's not laid out perfectly yet, but feel free to take a look and start thinking about what your nation will be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back