Advice/Help Confused on doubling

satoruuss

I see things like "oc x canon doubling" and it confuses me a little, I know you play two characters but how do you do it? is it like two separate roleplays?

I'm not 100% but what I understand it to mean is that the person is looking for someone who will play multiple characters. I usually see it in the context of 'if you play 'x' character for me to interact with my OC, I will play whoever you want'. I think it's primarily a relationship thing, though I can see how it would be desirable within a smaller group who are operating without a game master to play the NPCs.

I'm not 100% but what I understand it to mean is that the person is looking for someone who will play multiple characters. I usually see it in the context of 'if you play 'x' character for me to interact with my OC, I will play whoever you want'. I think it's primarily a relationship thing, though I can see how it would be desirable within a smaller group who are operating without a game master to play the NPCs.
Ohh, I see. Thank you ((:

I usually see it in the context of 'if you play 'x' character for me to interact with my OC, I will play whoever you want'. I think it's primarily a relationship thing
Yes, basically that. It is most commonly used in context of relationships "You play character X to ship with my character and I play character Y to ship with your character". However, it's not always the case! Some people imply playing multiple characters without shipping them! So it would be best to ask the person what they mean since the meaning is not 100% universal.

Same roleplay (usually), playing multiple characters each. Often it is used in an exchange of sorts, you pay this character I would like you to play, and I play a character you want me to play (list often but not always provided).

To add on to what everyone else said, when it comes to how doubling works practically, I'd argue and say that is is like having two Rps at once because both of your characters are having their own scenes separate from each other (besides the rare times they line up). In my experience, most posts in Doubles Rps look like this in order to make sure that both sides get Rped fairly.

Character A interacts with Partner's Character A. Pushes plot A forward.

~~~ (or some other divider to mark the change in character perspective and location)

Character B reacts to what Partner's Character B said/did. Pushes plot B forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back