Conference Room

@solyrflair I sense questions.

I did have some questions until I found your link to your Dismal Streets file from the last post, so I read through that yesterday. Answered a large majority of them. 

I guess my biggest question is where is technology? We talking Victorian era,  modern day, future tech? I know most of it runs off magic instead of chemistry and mechanics. Just thinking about equipment. 

Edit: What is Interface used for? Is it just computers, or are there other things (like disabling security systems)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my biggest question is where is technology?

It's pretty futuristic. Cybernetic augmentation is the most commonplace thing, but certain magics have allowed for systems like the internet or internal networks, and magic-powered robots are possible but mostly confined to the military. I'll have a post about it in more detail before long.

What is Interface used for? Is it just computers, or are there other things (like disabling security systems)?

Computers and hacking, so it can apply to security systems.

Literally went up just after you posted that. But it's incomplete because I have two games to write for Warpcon at the end of the month and only have some much time in the day.

So, I noticed that it says in the skills that to get a skill above 5, you need an augmentation. Is that a request-base system or do you just throw more XP into the pot?

Also, what are the limits to number of augs/spike upgrades you can get, for example? Is that more backstory based?

So, I noticed that it says in the skills that to get a skill above 5, you need an augmentation. Is that a request-base system or do you just throw more XP into the pot?

Attributes require an aug to go to 5 or over. Skills naturally can be raised to 6 if you spend enough XP. Anything that says otherwise is an unfixed typo.

Getting augs is a request based system - you tell me what you want, I give you options, and you get something based on that. Until I can work out some reasonable costs and wages.

Pretty much any aug will cost you a year's salary unless it's covered by your insurance due to injury.

Also, what are the limits to number of augs/spike upgrades you can get, for example? Is that more backstory based?

Backstory mainly because it's about money. The quality of your Spike determines how many onboard upgrades it can sustain, and how complex the augs it can manage are. An expensive Spike can handle a lot of upgrades, whereas a cheap one might have a handful of apps. 

I was hoping to create a Veteran character who had both of his arms blasted off during an earlier conflict. I don't suppose it'll cost 12 XP for that as well?

I was hoping to create a Veteran character who had both of his arms blasted off during an earlier conflict. I don't suppose it'll cost 12 XP for that as well?

Nah, I'll let you have that. It won't necessarily raise your Strength, though - might just bring it up to previous values. It depends on the kind of arms and how you paid for them. 

For fun, they could always have a pair of military spec arms with the inbuilt weapons disabled, so at a dramatically appropriate moment you can get them rearmed. 

Possibly upgrading the artificial muscles within the augmentations to raise the attribute to 5 by using money he had amassed during 8 years of military service after directly becoming an Army Officer (let's say he was briefly a Major before the incident).

Possibly upgrading the artificial muscles within the augmentations to rise the attribute to 5 by using money he had amassed during 8 years of military service after directly becoming an Army Officer (let's say he was briefly a Major before the incident).

Sure. Any preference for manufacturer or special features?

Conflagrant augs are gold and brass, popular with military types.

Cryolyte augs are copper and ensorcelled ice, probably not what you want. Tend to be for specific purposes.

Communer augs are purely biological - vat-grown limbs, pretty expensive but hard to distinguish from the real thing while being much better. Can up your metabolic rate, though - have to eat more to sustain them.

Guardian augs are simple, efficient, and sturdy but usually a little less sleek than other options.

Necromantic augs are made of silver and bone. The less questions asked about their operation the happier you'll be.

Shadow augs are made of silk, mostly. 

Torchbearer augs are bronze and ivory, also popular with military types for discreet beamcasters. 

Sure. Any preference for manufacturer or special features?

Conflagrant augs are gold and brass, popular with military types.

Cryolyte augs are copper and ensorcelled ice, probably not what you want. Tend to be for specific purposes.

Communer augs are purely biological - vat-grown limbs, pretty expensive but hard to distinguish from the real thing while being much better. Can up your metabolic rate, though - have to eat more to sustain them.

Guardian augs are simple, efficient, and sturdy but usually a little less sleek than other options.

Necromantic augs are made of silver and bone. The less questions asked about their operation the happier you'll be.

Shadow augs are made of silk, mostly. 

Torchbearer augs are bronze and ivory, also popular with military types for discreet beamcasters. 

I'd go with Guardians. You said earlier they had been modified to be as hard as steel, making them more durable and resilient than these other options.

So far, these fit Asa best. Took out Tac Ops CSI because she can recreate perfectly from memory anyway and it's more specific than makes sense.

• Cognitive Overclocking - +1 Intellect
  • Optimized Search Engine - Bonus dice to Academics rolls
  • Memory Expansion - Store memories with perfect clarity.

Also using something like these.

• HackMaster R9K: A cyberespionage suite with a selection of preconfigured spells for breaching systems.
  • Manticore: A cyberespionage countermeasure that induces extreme nausea in would-be hackers.

Other ideas:

• Neural Dive Suite: An augmented-reality enhancement which allows the user to fully submerge their consciousness in the net. (To what effect?)

Hi! I was wondering if it would be possible to play a slightly more robotic character instead of a human? A police drone that has more personality then they wanted and got dumped on this devision?

Or he could be a secret that only the head knew about? An extremely human looking android that needs to stay in the force and be watched, because taking it apart with this level of "humanism" would be wrong to some, and yet he doesn't work well on the main force. An experiment gone reject and is now being kept in secret. That would be epic

Hi! I was wondering if it would be possible to play a slightly more robotic character instead of a human? A police drone that has more personality then they wanted and got dumped on this devision?

Or he could be a secret that only the head knew about? An extremely human looking android that needs to stay in the force and be watched, because taking it apart with this level of "humanism" would be wrong to some, and yet he doesn't work well on the main force. An experiment gone reject and is now being kept in secret. That would be epic

The most I can comfortably offer is an officer who has been heavily modified until they're basically robocop. Constructed Minds of human-level intelligence and emotional range are technically one of the crimes the TCU is in place to deal with. I can't really think of a way for a convincing CI to wind up in the department right off the bat.

The most I can comfortably offer is an officer who has been heavily modified until they're basically robocop. Constructed Minds of human-level intelligence and emotional range are technically one of the crimes the TCU is in place to deal with. I can't really think of a way for a convincing CI to wind up in the department right off the bat.

I understand. What if the character was created to help hunt down others like him, and was either working undercover merely so word didn't get out to the public about it, or so his fellow members would trust him? As a project that the leaders were testing? Or, he could possibly be one of those hunted down and arrested, had his memory wiped, and is now working along side officers in the belief that he is human? Only the higher ups know about it. Then there's mystery for the others to find later and be confused about. Why would one that they are suppose to be drawing out of hiding be hiding among them? What else are the higher ups hiding? Here they are trusting this android as one of their own and a friend, yet he could have turned on them at any moment... Think of the possibility for strife within the group when they begin to realize what they're working with.

@Grey is it possible to be non-augmented? No spike or anything, or is it essential part of being in TCU that he have a spike just to access basic equipment, like filing a police report. 

Users who are viewing this thread