Conference Room

@Grey is it possible to be non-augmented? No spike or anything, or is it essential part of being in TCU that he have a spike just to access basic equipment, like filing a police report. 

A spike at minimum is strongly encouraged, and choosing not to have one will negatively impact your career and ability to function in the field.

So, we got any ideas of when we're starting?

When I'm satisfied with everyone's characters. A couple of sheets need a little tweaking on the mechanical side.

@Lenasaurus @Wixard you two know the system pretty well at this point; if you see something I don't feel free to help your teammates out.

I understand. What if the character was created to help hunt down others like him, and was either working undercover merely so word didn't get out to the public about it, or so his fellow members would trust him? As a project that the leaders were testing? Or, he could possibly be one of those hunted down and arrested, had his memory wiped, and is now working along side officers in the belief that he is human? Only the higher ups know about it. Then there's mystery for the others to find later and be confused about. Why would one that they are suppose to be drawing out of hiding be hiding among them? What else are the higher ups hiding? Here they are trusting this android as one of their own and a friend, yet he could have turned on them at any moment... Think of the possibility for strife within the group when they begin to realize what they're working with.

Tell you what - you make a character who believes they're entirely human using the same rules as everyone else, and I'll include a special plot thread just for you. This'll be more fun if you're not spoiled.

So far, these fit Asa best. Took out Tac Ops CSI because she can recreate perfectly from memory anyway and it's more specific than makes sense.

• Cognitive Overclocking - +1 Intellect
  • Optimized Search Engine - Bonus dice to Academics rolls
  • Memory Expansion - Store memories with perfect clarity.

Also using something like these.

• HackMaster R9K: A cyberespionage suite with a selection of preconfigured spells for breaching systems.
  • Manticore: A cyberespionage countermeasure that induces extreme nausea in would-be hackers.

Other ideas:

• Neural Dive Suite: An augmented-reality enhancement which allows the user to fully submerge their consciousness in the net. (To what effect?)

Sure, those all work. The Dive Suite would enhance Interface rolls primarily when breaching systems but has recreational benefits too. Asa is now in the top 20 Ground Zero players in Califresco. 

A spike at minimum is strongly encouraged, and choosing not to have one will negatively impact your career and ability to function in the field.

When I'm satisfied with everyone's characters. A couple of sheets need a little tweaking on the mechanical side.

@Lenasaurus @Wixard you two know the system pretty well at this point; if you see something I don't feel free to help your teammates out.

Tell you what - you make a character who believes they're entirely human using the same rules as everyone else, and I'll include a special plot thread just for you. This'll be more fun if you're not spoiled.

Sure, those all work. The Dive Suite would enhance Interface rolls primarily when breaching systems but has recreational benefits too. Asa is now in the top 20 Ground Zero players in Califresco. 

Awesome! That sounds really fun. Thanks

I realize, in retrospect, that Luci would have been a great addition to all this technogrit. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
He's no hero.

Sure, sure, buddy - but listen, we've already got a pilot for CyberDetective Scholari and the first action figures are coming out of the fabber now. No one needs to know he died clawing out his own eyes and screaming for his mother, marketing already veto'd that in favour of being gunned down by a pack of feral Blacklines while saving the mayor's daughter.

gunned down by a pack of feral Blacklines while saving the mayor's daughter.

We're going with Feral? A friend in Communications told me 'Crazed' was testing better.  And word from up top is that we want him torn to shreds 'cause of junk implants instead of 'gunned down', looks like the Galathine lobbyists won the bid.

@solyrflair I was looking over your CS and I found some issues. The biggest thing is that you've miscalculated your attributes.

You have 60XP to spend on Attributes.

Attributes start at 1.

2 costs 3XP

3 costs 6XP

4 costs 9XP.

This is easy to misunderstand, but the costs here are NOT total costs, they're incremental. To raise your attribute from 1 to 2 costs 3. To raise it from 2 to 3 costs 6, so raising it from 1 to 3 has a total cost of 9. To raise it from 3 to 4 costs 9, so to raise it from 1 to 4 has a total cost of 18.

To simplify all of this, recalculate your attributes with the following values:

1. Total Cost: 0
  2. Total Cost: 3
  3. Total Cost: 9
  4. Total Cost: 18

It should be impossible to have more than three 4s.

Also, I believe the spikey turtle explained advantages, but let me know if you need further clarification.

Also @AxelWelrod please see my above comment because I believe you also misunderstood the attribute costs.

Of lesser note, I think your skill points add up to 61 (awkwardly) you can fix it by changing one of the 2s to a 1, but if I added wrong that's also possible.

Users who are viewing this thread