• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Compliments and Conundrums : Private for Tarmagon and readysetstalk

"I'm as far from noble as it gets," Ryan said with a laugh. "But as for meeting you... my religious views are a bit different given what I know and have seen, so fate? Chance? A greater plan? Dumb luck? I don't know, and I don't care to know. I'm not going to spoil today with speculation about how we wound up here. I'm going to enjoy as much of your time, and yourself, as you're willing to share with me."

Ryan rose, checked the pan holding the sausage, then turned off the heat. He quickly transferred the meat to a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb any remaining grease, then returned to the table, bearing his offering to the breakfast gods. He eyed the waffles, but those were under Grace's control.

"I have to wonder what was going on in your life when you drew Kozmo," Ryan said, then laughed at Grace's puzzled expression. "Your backplate. I'm not going to say zombie thing that looks like a kraken and an octopus had a threesome with a squid behind a sushi house, so it's Kozmo. He's, thought provoking. The whole 'Walking Dead meets the Little Mermaid' theme is unique, and the art is very well done, but I have to ask. Why so much, grey in your art?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Wolf is...concerned. Graces claim of bubbly is at odds with her art. )

Gracelynn finished a few more waffles before finally putting the empty batter bowl into the sink. She grabbed two large dinner plates and forked a waffle onto her own before grabbing a few of the sausages. She opened her bread box and pulled out a plastic container of muffins. She grabbed herself one and then took her seat at the table, looking across at Ryan as he spoke about her newly dubbed Kozmo. She did give a laugh, however.

"I have a simple answer, and it may disappoint you," she spoke, slathering her waffle with peanut butter before drowning it with syrup. "Color doesn't stay in tattoos as long. And I'm not really fond of the way color looks. I do have two color tattoos, and right now the color looks fine, but in time it'll fade a lot faster than the black and grey tattoos." She gave a small shrug, cutting into her waffle. "I get free touchups for life, since I've devoted a lot of time and money to the same artist. But it's more exciting to get a new tattoo than to just touch up one you already have." Grace had a lot of creativity hidden in that tiny body, and the idea of sitting for a couple hours to touch something up instead of getting something new just bothered her.

After chewing her food, she smiled. "Kozmo, as you call it, came to me after watching Pirates of the Caribbean," she said with a laugh. "With Davy Jones, and all the crew on the boat, it just sort of came to me. I drew it up, worked on it until I loved it, and then I emailed it to my tattoo artist. A few weeks later we started the process. It was shortly after my dad had passed, so I kind of had this... freeing moment. He never really liked seeing tattoos on me, so I got smaller ones, in places he didn't see every day. Once he passed, it was like it didn't matter anymore. So I guess I kinda went hogwild. Much like amish kids when they go on Rumspringa." Gracelynn had a passion for the dark and creepy. It showed in her tattoos. But that didn't mean her personality was dark and creepy. She was lively once you got to know her. The people in Half-Moon Falls knew her and knew that her tattoos didn't define her.

"The Little Mermaid is also my favorite Disney movie."

Tarmagon Tarmagon She's complex.

"Gesundheit!" Ryan said with a chuckle. "And this feels more like Beauty and the Beast to me."

His tone was light, but his eyes were warm as he looked at Grace, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Do I need to worry about some Gaston coming looking for me?" he asked, the smile turning into a grin. "That might get, awkward."

Ryan claimed one of the muffins, several of the waffles, and a large portion of the sausage, grinning apologetically. This was part of being around a werewolf, so he hoped Grace could get used to it. He did make a mental note to restock her pantry though. If he was going to become a regular here...

His thoughts petered off as the implications sank in. He was assuming he was going to be here a lot more already, even though the Bond was so new. His face heated, then cooled as he remembered her invitation to move his RV, as well add his decision to do just that, IF she wanted him here.

"Sorry," he said after the silence had stretched on. "I was just thinking that I need to help pay for groceries if we're going to make a habit of this?"

His rising tone made the statement a question as he carefully watched Grace's face.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Big, bad wolf is having a moment of fear.)

"Hmm.. Maybe a grunge Beauty and the Beast," she laughed. She picked at her waffle for a moment before taking a bite. "I don't think you'll have to worry much about Gaston. The only other guy in my life consistently is Sebastian, and he's a fish." Her eyes watched as he piled food on his plate. She knew it had to be because of the wolf in him, so she almost expected him to have a large plate to begin with. After that night at the diner, not much could surprise her when it came to his eating habits.

Gracelynn gave a small nod, though. "Yes, you're definitely going to have to help with the groceries if you plan on eating here regularly, which I hope you do." She liked having him around, despite the fact she was almost out of food already. Gracelynn really enjoyed his company. After spending so much time alone, she liked having people over. Ryan seemed to fit right in, even if it seemed a little strange at first.

"I usually only buy for myself, so I suppose we're lucky we've made it this far without having to make a grocery trip. Assuming the grocery wasn't blown away by the tornado, we can go later today if you'd like." Grace took a sip of her coffee, watching for his reaction. She was feeling pretty relaxed about the whole thing. There wasn't a single worry that he was going to hurt her, or even so much as bother her. She trusted him, even if they really didn't know much about each other just yet.

Grace smiled. "I even own a car, so we don't have to walk three miles carrying groceries." Her smile widened, a small laugh escaping her lips. "I just walk everywhere else. The town is small."

Tarmagon Tarmagon Have no fear, Grace is near. She also loves being around him

"That would probably be wise," Ryan said. "And maybe we could stop by my RV so I could get some shoes? I doubt the grocery store would be as forgiving as The Timberwolf was."

Ryan picked one bare foot up and wiggled his toes at Grace, chuckling at her expression.

"It's not like I had a lot of time to change when the tornado hit," he said. "To be honest, I was already in your neighborhood before I fully realized what I was doing. And then I saw the collapsed house and things got busy. It's a good thing I'm used to running barefooted."

He would have said more, but an insistent chiming interrupted him. Grace looked startled, but answered her phone.

"Hello? Carl? Yes, he's here. I'll ask, hold on."

Grace turned to Ryan, a puzzled look on her face.

"It's Carl" she said. "He's asking about your blood type? Something about a critical injury and someone needing..."

"I'm O negative," Ryan said, interrupting Grace. "Where do I need to be and can you get me there quickly?"

Someone musty have a serious injury indeed if Carl was asking for a were to donate. There was a not insignificant risk of infecting a normal human with lycanthropy, but were blood could also help healing immensely. Only a vampire's blood was more potent, but it carried its own set of risks. Grace had finished with Carl and had grabbed a set of keys, moving for the door.

"Hospital," she said. "It's Sarah."

Ryan nodded, pausing only to grab the container of orange juice as they bolted out the door. Ryan didn't even register the type of car he jumped into, just pulling on the seat belt and slugging the juice as Grace wove quickly and expertly through the debris filled streets. It felt like hours, but it was bare minutes before Grace slid to a stop in front of the small hospital. Ryan bolted inside to find a nurse waiting, watching the front door.

"Here!" she called, leading Ryan into a small room, a donation rig waiting. Carl was already there, a nearly full bag attached to his arm by a tube, and Ryan settled into the waiting chair, his arm out. He didn't notice the sting of the needle as he looked at Carl.

"Details?"

"Tornado flipped her car as she was heading to the diner to prep for opening," Call said grimly. "It, it's a miracle she lived. It'll be another miracle if they can save her leg. I'm not a great match, but we were going to try my blood if we couldn't get you or you weren't a good match. Thanks for coming in."

"Take what you need," Ryan told the nurse. "Keep food and drink coming and you can take at least three pints before I have to take a break."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Werewolf walking blood bank.)

And just like that, everything was a whirlwind of action all over again. Their quiet, peaceful breakfast was now a race to get to the hospital. Gracelynn had tucked her phone into her pocket and stepped into a pair of sandals she had at the door. Ryan would just have to live without shoes for awhile. She started the engine of her newer model Ford Fusion and sped off to the hospital. Apparently any other were was busy at the moment and Ryan was the next best. She wondered why Carl had called her out of all the people he could have chosen to call. Maybe he understood Ryan's need to help.

Once they were at the hospital, she slammed the car into park and followed Ryan in. She was a little bit behind him considering he practically sprinted inside. Her shorter legs just didn't carry her as fast. After she entered the hospital, she saw Carl and Ryan both hooked up to needles and her eyes widened just a little. She never really met anyone so willing to sit there and have their blood drawn. She had to give credit where credit was due. She took up a seat across from Ryan, so she was out of the way of the nurses who were working on the two of them. She listened to Carl talk about Sarah, and her heart felt like it dropped to the bottom of her stomach. She only hoped that this would be a happy ending like the Carlisles just this morning.

"Three pints, hm?" she questioned. "I suppose that's why you stole the rest of my orange juice.." Gracelynn really wanted to try and keep the situation light. She knew that it was serious, but thinking about it was only going to cause stress for everyone.

"I'm not sure how much is needed, but I'm also O negative, and I'm more than willing to help out. I can't give three pints like Boy Wonder over here, but I can give what I can," Grace spoke, grabbing a nurse as she bustled by. The nurse in return gave a hard nod and started calling out for another donation cart to be wheeled in.

A male nurse walked up with the cart and took a good look at Grace and all of her tattoos. "All of them healed? And how long has it been since your last tattoo?"

"All healed, last one was about a year ago." Her cheeks flushed red momentarily. She'd completely forgotten about the rules behind donating.

"Sounds great." The nurse worked diligently and quickly, inserting the needle under her tattooed skin and straight into a vein. He released the band around her arm and allowed the blood to flow into a bag at the side of the cart. "I'll be back to check on you shortly." He offered a smile before moving along to check on Carl and Ryan.

Gracelynn looked down at the blood flowing into the bag before giving a soft sigh. "Not exactly how I imagined my day going," she muttered under her breath. In this moment, she felt a little lost. There was so much going on, both in society and internally. She had created these bonds with Ryan, and now all of a sudden things were going haywire. Was it because they had made this bond? Was there some cosmic energy that wasn't happy with what they had done? Questions raced through her mind. Now wasn't the time to begin asking them, however. It frightened her, though. There was a lot of bad going on today.. and it all started after they agreed mutually to build the pack bond.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Grace is more like a blood coin purse.

Ryan felt a rush of, pride? when Grace settled herself into a chair and volunteered to donate. Oh Silver Lady but this woman was a treasure. He felt a surge of unease as the nurse came to collect Carl's donation and check on Ryan's. Carl remained seated, and a fresh bag was attached. He raised an eyebrow at Ryan''s questioning look.

"I'm O positive," Carl said. "Not as good as O negative, but we keep mine banked for the were community. I was due to donate anyway."

Carl broke off, starting intently at first Ryan, then Grace. His eyes narrowed, then he broke into a huge grin.

"Oh, oh my! " he managed to get out before dissolving into laughter. It wasn't mocking laughter, but rich and full of wonder. "Our little Gracelynn is all grown up! Pack! You two are Pack Bonded. Kathy was right! Congratulations!"

Carl turned to Ryan, and when he spoke, his voice was oddly formal.

"Be welcome Alpha, in the lands of my Pack. You and yours are free to stay as long as you wish. Until you choose to go, our Packs shall be as one."

"I thank you Alpha," Ryan said, his voice equally formal. "These lands are yours. While we abide, your Laws are our Laws, and I stand surety for myself and my Pack."

Despite the needles still in their arms, the two men reached out to each other. Grace could see a single nail on either hand grow into a claw that they curled into their palms, drawing a drop of blood, before they clasped hands and shook.

"Done?" A sarcastic voice asked. All eyes turned to see Kathy standing in the door. "You already knew you were welcome Ryan, and Grace is one of us by adoption."

"It's just a formality," Carl protested as a nurse claimed Ryans bag and started another. The same nurse collected Graces bag as well, but in her case quickly applied a dressing before darting out of the room with her precious cargo.

"Yeah, right." Kathy snorted. "She's in surgery. And doing surprisingly well. The doctor and surgeon are cautiously optimistic, especially with Ryan's contribution. Now I'm going to go find you all juice and snacks. Stay here!"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (A wild Kathy has arrived, and Carl is no dope. He knows, and approves.)

If Gracelynn could have crawled into a hole right then and there, she would have. Nothing Ryan had said previously amounted to the embarrassment she felt from Carl barely being able to control himself. Her cheeks turned bright red, and her eyes rolled. Of course he was going to make a big scene about it. Gracelynn was well grown up, and somehow Carl still managed to make her flush like a teenager whose parents just found out they have a crush on someone at school. Grace grew up with these people. They knew her inside and out, and all of her past. Of course Carl would be the first to make it known that Ryan and she were Pack bonded.

Thankfully enough, Carl was more than welcoming when he found out. Ryan had expressed concern prior about how there could be an issue with two Alphas in the same town. Even more of a concern now that Ryan had his own Pack, even if it was just Grace. Grace's eyes quickly went to Kathy as she spoke, a wave of relief washing over her. The last thing she wanted was for Carl to keep going on about how she was so grown now. She could only imagine the stories he would tell....

Grace curled her legs up on the chair as Kathy scuttled away to get snacks and such. If there was ever a mom figure in her life, it was definitely Kathy. Always there. Always. Even as an adult, Gracelynn knew she could always reach out to Kathy and she would be of aid--no matter the issue. It was crazy how close-knit everyone was around here. And Ryan seemed to fit right in. She hadn't heard a bad thing about him. And Kathy and Carl both approved of him, enough to even approve his and her Pack bond.

Kathy soon returned with a plethora of snacks and drinks for everyone. She had them bundled up in her arms as she walked back to the group. She laid them on an empty table and stepped back. Grace stood from her seat and grabbed a juice box--apple juice, to be precise. She wasn't quite feeling up for food just yet. They did have a fairly large breakfast afterall.

A nurse came out and looked to Kathy. "Still doing well," she spoke. "Ryan's donation is really helping Sarah. It's going to be a long surgery, though. You're more than welcome to stay, but if you leave, we can call you when she's moved to recovery."

Kathy glanced around the group before giving a soft nod. "I'll go ahead and stay. Grace, Ryan, you two can head on back. I know you've been up since the wee hours of the morning, so maybe go snuggle up and get some rest. We'll call you if anything happens." She gave Ryan a wink, obviously hinting for him to leave once he was done with his donations.

"You know, Kathy.. You really are something else," Gracelynn laughed, shaking her head. Her cheeks still burned a faint pink. With it coming from Kathy instead of Carl, Grace was a little more used to it. Carl's outburst shocked her, really. Kathy, however, was constantly nagging Grace to go out there and find someone. "You sure you don't want us to stay? What about the diner?"

"The diner's going to be closed today. We have bigger things to worry about right now." Even though Kathy wanted to remain very optimistic about this surgery Sarah was undergoing, there was a faint hint of worry in her voice. She only hoped Sarah could pull through this.

Gracelynn nodded slowly, her eyes looking over to Ryan as a nurse came to switch out his bag yet again. At this point, she'd lost track of how many he'd donated. "Well, I suppose when Wonder Boy over here is done, we can head out." As much as Grace would love to snuggle up next to that big, warm were she'd made so many bonds with, she was also afraid of diving too deep too fast. It did send her heart racing at the thought, however. With Ryan's enhanced senses, she knew he'd pick up on it. And Carl probably would too...

Tarmagon Tarmagon Grace is feeling a little singled out and awkward. Kathy and Carl are like two embarrassing parents.

It was just under five minutes from Grace's comment to the nurse returning and clipping off the third and final bag. She was obviously familiar with weres, since she held a cotton ball in place for all of thirty seconds before looking at the site and nodding.

"Take it slow," she said. "You'll need at least two good meals to replenish that, but what you two did will definitely keep Sarah with us, and I'm not a surgeon, but I feel good about the leg. Kathy will call you when Sarah is in recovery."

"Take Ryan and feed him," Kathy said, looking right at Grace. "The diner may be closed, but the fast food joint on the edge of town is open. I passed it on my way here."

"That sounds good," Ryan said between mouthfuls of pretzel bites. "This just isn't cutting it."

The devastation he had wrought on the pile of snacks was impressive, especially so soon after a large breakfast. Grace just raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, I've had excuses for my for intake these last few days," Ryan said.

"It's okay," Kathy soothed. "I'm sure Grace doesn't mind being around someone who can easy nearly their own body weight on a daily basis."

Ryan just groaned, then followed Grace out to the car.

"Not bad," he said, actually seeing the car this time. "It, suits you. Can we swing by my RV first? I still need shoes, and my wallet so I can help stock the pantry. Once we've done that... the idea of a little quiet time with you... well, I'd like that. But I also understand that this is happening awfully fast, so if you need time away, well I understand that. It's be a hectic couple of days, and I certainly don't want you to associate me with disasters."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Wolf is hungry, likes the cuddle idea, but gets that things are going fast... maybe too fast. Grace's comfort is paramount)

Gracelynn let out a small giggle at Kathy's remark. She was slowly getting used to seeing Ryan eat so much. After the first night, however, everything else seemed pretty mild. She had witnessed him take down a very large meal at the diner that night. Now, it was nothing. She just took it as it was. Ryan exerted a lot of energy, and it needed replenished. It didn't bother her as much now as it did when she first met him. She would just have to make sure she kept her house well stocked. Especially if he ended up taking her offer on moving his RV to her lot.

Grace unlocked the car and slid into the driver's seat. "Well thanks. Decent sedan with an eco-friendly engine. I do what I can," she laughed. She backed out of the parking space and headed back towards his RV. She listened to him, and she was more than excited that he also just wanted some quiet time with her. After this morning, they both deserved it. And Grace was not going to object to a little cuddling. It might be going quick, but they've already created bonds. What more could a little snuggle hurt?

"You're more than welcome to chill and hang out at my house. I'll even let you pick the movie if you want, since you didn't enjoy my pick last time," she teased. Soon, they pulled up to the RV and she parked the car. When Ryan left the car to retrieve his wallet and shoes, she looked herself over in the mirror of the visor. Huffing quietly, she tried to tame some of the loose curls that had fallen from her ponytail. There was still some residual mascara under her eyes that she tried to wipe away, and it just smudged more. "Good grief.." she muttered to herself. When she saw Ryan exiting the RV, she slapped the visor back up and threw on a smile. She felt like she looked like a hot mess right now. What an impression to make..

Once Ryan was buckled in, she headed down the road towards the only fast food place within miles. "So, how many burgers are you gonna put away?" she asked, peeking over to Ryan as she drove. There was still debris all over the road, so she had to pay attention. Thank goodness it at least stopped raining. Soon enough, they were in line at the drive-thru of the burger shop. There was a line, so Grace just sat patiently, looking at the menu. "I could go for a milkshake," she spoke, more to herself than anything. Now that they were out of the hospital, she could feel her appetite returning. Hospitals make her feel so uncomfortable. "What do you want?"

Tarmagon Tarmagon Looks like there may be cuddles in the future.

"Not that many!" Ryan said a trifle defensively. "No more than, say, three bacon cheeseburgers, large fries, and a large tea."

Ryan glanced at the menu board, doing some quick math in his head, then pulling out his wallet. He passed Grace a couple of bills, then settled back with a smile.

"This one's on me," he said with a smile. "I already demolished your stocks, so it's the least I can do."

Waiting patiently, they weren't the only folks taking advantage of the fast food, they soon made their way to the order station, and after a brief discussion shot through with static, Ryan and Grace found themselves in possession of their order.

"If you want to swing by and see it the market is open," Ryan said around a mouthful of cheeseburger, "I'll be happy to help out with the bill. I've done a fair bit of damage to your larder."

Grace just nodded, not taking the straw of her shake out of her mouth, and pulled the car back out onto the road. Crews were busily clearing debris, and already the road conditions were improving. It only took a few minutes for them to reach the grocery, which was indeed open for business. Ryan followed Grace through the store, letting her do most of the shopping, only adding significant amounts of meats to go with the healthy selections of vegetables, etc that she selected. The bill was significant, but Grace wouldn't let Ryan pay for the whole thing, only letting him cover the things she would normally not have bought for herself. She did allow Ryan to carry the groceries and load them into the trunk, then slipped behind the wheel.

"That's it for me," Grace said. "Unless you need something else?"

"Just your company, a DVD player, and Evil Ash," Ryan said, pulling a case out of a pocket. " I did say the next time we were watching Army of Darkness."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Werewolf remembered.)

Gracelynn gave him a smile as she took the money from him. She had to let him be a gentleman at least once. She ordered herself a cheeseburger, a large fry, and a large Sprite. Once they had their food, she munched on fries on the way to the grocery. Thankfully it was open, and still had power. She waited in the car to finish her food before she ventured in. As she browsed the aisles, she tossed in items here and there. A lot of it was just what Ryan had ate through the past few days, along with some other snacks and things she had been needing. She allowed him to pick his meats, and she thanked him when he gave her money yet again to help pay the bill. There was no need for him to pay all of it, as some of it was already needed in her pantry. She didn't want him to even get a hint of thinking that she was trying to take advantage of him. She was grown and could afford her own groceries. With him eating there often, however, it might be a little more of a struggle to keep everything well stocked.

Grace pushed the cart back into the corral after he loaded everything into the trunk. She gave a small nod to his answer and then headed back to her house. "I think I can manage that," she laughed. "Although, I can't promise Army of Darkness will be my favorite movie ever." She glanced over at him. In all honesty, she was really glad he wanted to come back and hang out with her. Not many people did. And even better? He liked to just sit and watch movies. It was so much better than having to entertain people. She may be rather bubbly in town, but it was hard in her own environment to keep people occupied, she felt.

Pulling into her driveway, Grace parked the car and climbed out. She lifted the trunk and started loading her arms up with bags. She was so used to doing this by herself, it was a mere habit to try and carry as much as she could in the first load. She had about six bags before she laughed to herself. Maybe she could accept the help Ryan had to offer this time.

"Do you like popcorn?" she asked, making her way towards the side door that would lead directly to the kitchen. "Some people can't stand the smell, but I'm a big popcorn junkie during movies." She glanced over her shoulder at him as she pushed open the door and headed inside.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

"Does that mean I should have gotten popcorn instead of a pie for our cookout?" Ryan asked, them ducked as Grace made a throwing motion at him. "Peace! And as long as it's buttered, yes, popcorn is fine."

Ryan scooped up the remain bags, being careful about sharp edges on the heaviest ones, and followed Grace inside through a door he hadn't used yet. It led directly into the kitchen, which was handy considering their burdens of groceries. Setting his burden on the counter, Ryan began to pull groceries from their plastic travel abode and pass them to Grace, who put them away with a quick efficiency that was impressive. They worked well together, Ryan having the next item ready for Grace's hand just as she returned for more.

Once the last item had been put away, Grace dropped a bag of microwave popcorn into the unit and grabbed the movie from Ryan, disappearing into the living room. Before the popcorn had even started to pop, she was back, pulling down a large bowl. Ryan could only watch in awe as popcorn ,extra butter, and a dash of salt were quickly mingled in the bowl, then Grace was shooing him out into the living room. The TV was frozen on the opening credits of Army of Darkness, the curtains drawn, and the couch looked inviting. Ryan settled down, then lifted one arm, inviting Grace to lean against him.

"I've never been the domestic type," he said as she settled comfortably into place and hit 'play'. "But that was, comfortable. A man could get used to that awfully quickly."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Is wolf showing early signs of domestication? )

Last edited:
Gracelynn bustled around getting everything ready. She made sure to pop more than just one bag, considering how much food Ryan could put away. Their first fight didn't need to be over popcorn. But Ryan was right, this was comfortable. Having someone to go shopping with you was great; having someone to cook meals with; to watch movies with. Gracelynn was really liking this. It didn't feel like she was trying to fit someone into her life. He just fit so naturally. They worked well together.

Smiling, she grabbed a fluffy black blanket from the arm chair and draped it over his lap. She settled in right next to him, her body fitting perfectly under his arm. Grace pulled the blanket up closer and set the popcorn down on her lap. "A man or a wolf?" she teased, stealing a glance up at him as she popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth. "I get you though. It was nice having you around to run errands with me." She paused. "Even though you're the reason I had to go grocery shopping to begin with..." Of course she was just teasing him. He wasn't the only reason, just the biggest one.

Grace leaned her head back against his arm, her eyes watching the screen. There was still a bit of a rush, being this close to him. Skin on skin. She found that she had grown more comfortable with the buzz she felt from him being near. It wasn't so prominent now. It was there, but Grace was getting used to it. "So, does that mean you've never really had like...a girlfriend or something?" Her brow rose out of curiosity.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Little short; brain's spazzy today

"Well, I am kind of both," Ryan said wryly. "You can't have the one without the other you know. And you're the one who offered to feed me, even after you saw what happened at the Timberwolf. Don't blame me for your, less than optimal choices."

The laughter in Ryan's voice made it clear he was teasing Grace right back, and enjoying the exchange. As she tossed a blanket over his lap and settled into his arm, a sense of rightness settled over Ryan. The background buzz of the Bond was still there, but it was becoming a natural thing, like the song of the moon he was always aware of.

"So, does that mean you've never really had like...a girlfriend or something?" Grace asked.

"Well, not really, no." Ryan replied slowly. "I've had lots of girl friends, but not really a girlfriend. I was the shoulder to cry on, the prom date who wouldn't spend the evening trying to get into my date's panties, and all the girls in my high school knew it. I was no saint. I was curious of course, but I controlled my hormones, not the other way around. It's not just about the wolf, though that's a large part off it. It's about, respect, caring, commitment. I know it sounds corny, but it's the way I was raised, and I had the example of my parents right in front of me. I guess I'm what's considered, old fashioned?"

Ryan might have said more, but the pit fight scene started.

"You've got to watch this, it sets the tone for the whole movie."

The frenetic energy of the absolutely overblown fight between Ash and the pit fiend looked straight out of a Chinese kung-fu movie, complete with flips and ridiculously impossible feats. Then the chainsaw made its appearance and the scene cut to an outside view as a geyser of obviously fake blood erupted from the pit, followed by a theatrically gasping Ash. This movie was obviously going to lampoon add many genres and movies as possible, and despite his familiarity with the story, Ryan couldn't help but chuckle.

"I'd say it gets better," he said, "But it gets sillier. Wait until he finds the Necronomicon."

Ryan settled back to enjoy the movie, hoping Grace did too. He was comfortable, in a way he wasn't certain he'd ever been, and he wasn't going to question it, just live the moment.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Silly movie, comfortable couch, wonderful company. Wolf is, content.)

Grace's attention was turned back to the television as Ryan told her to watch the next scene. As she watched, she popped a few pieces of popcorn in her mouth. Her eyebrows were raised as she watched the incredibly corny fight scene. So this was what he enjoyed watching. She couldn't help the smile the crept onto her lips. This was far from anything she would ever think about watching. She generally enjoyed the rather gory scenes with dark undertones. This was definitely different. However, she would give it a try because it's what he enjoyed. Gracelynn was all for trying out new movies.

"So, you were the guy that was routinely friend-zoned. But you were also A-Okay with being there." She gave a small nod, her eyes glancing up at him. She figured he would have had some kind of wild streak when he was younger, but apparently that wasn't the case. He had always been kind and considerate. It was such a rare find these days. How did she get so lucky to have ran into him? There were a lot of things Gracelynn didn't quite understand with this process, but she was glad she had Ryan there to help her. He was...welcoming and comforting. When she was around him, it was like nothing else really mattered as long as they were together.

All of this was still very new to Grace. Most would be a little concerned with how fast things were going for them, but Gracelynn didn't have a doubt in her mind right now. She enjoyed his company every time they were together. Nothing screamed danger about him. Ryan was...safe.. And Grace knew that. She had no issues with inviting him into her home to eat all of her food, and to take up post on her couch to watch bad movies. Gracelynn hadn't ever felt this way with anyone. Everyone who had ever come over, she felt the need to entertain and excuse some of her décor for just a little out there. With Ryan? She felt like she could open her whole world to him and nothing bad could happen. These bonds they formed assured her that this was right. The constant humming of the bonds was comforting. The closer they got, the more safe she felt. If there was ever anything in her life that she couldn't regret, it was this.

"Would you say this is your favorite movie?" she asked, her body shifting slightly closer into his side as she got just a little more comfortable.

Tarmagon Tarmagon (Sorry for the delay! Crazy, crazy weekend!)

"No, not my favorite," Ryan replied, his arm settling easily around Grace's shoulder, his hand absently stroking her hair. "I can't say I have a single favorite. Most of the ones I like, well... folks don't think they fit my personality. Krull, Dark Crystal, Princess Bride, older stuff. Campy horror mostly, and a few more serious ones, but they have to be really out there. Some of it..."

Ryan trailed off, his body giving an involuntary shudder. It was momentary, but given their closeness he was certain Grace had picked up on it, and he took a moment to compose himself.

"Some of the darker horror, hits a little too close to home," he continued. "Half-moon Falls isn't the norm, it's the exception. Goddess but I wish we could export whatever it is that makes this place work out into the rest of the world. To not have to constantly hide what I am? And now, finding you? The Silver Lady is smiling on me, and of this is a dream, problems and all, I never want to wake up."

Ryan broke off, this time to laugh as the lead character tried to pick the correct book out of the three. The first flew around like a demented bat, dive bombing him until he swatted it back onto the pedestal, only to be bitten by and then nearly sucked into the second, leaving his face distorted until he shook his head wildly. Finally he took a book, fleeing ominous storm clouds.

"And, I wouldn't say I was A-OK with my situation," Ryan said. "Just, not resigned, that's not the right word. Accepting maybe. Yes, accepting. I was still a teenaged male, just one with self control. And without the insane drive to get laid most guys my age seemed to have. Heck, I didn't even drink. My metabolism won't even let me get buzzed unless I drink a quart or more straight, then it doesn't last but half an hour at most. I make a great designated driver."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Sorry, but bad memories. It's a big, unfriendly world out there.) [Hope it was good crazy. ]

Needless to say, Gracelynn felt him shudder next to her. In response, her body leaned in a little closer in order to give him a little comfort. She knew very well that Half-Moon Falls was an extraordinary place. People had been talking about how bad the outside world was for years. This was no news to her. She gave an understanding nod, her eyes stealing a peak up at him. She could feel his fingers playing with her hair, and it sent a warm feeling all throughout her body. There was nothing more she wanted right now. This closeness was all she needed.

"I have a strange obsession with serial killers," she spoke, her voice soft. It was odd. She knew that. But it was also who she was. She didn't want to hide any part of her from Ryan. Before the movie even started, she considered showing him her art room. If he wanted to get to know her, that was a great place to start. Every emotion she went through was displayed on various pieces of art. Maybe she would show him.. The thought was often anxiety inducing, but with Ryan it was different. She wanted to show him who she was. She wanted him to know everything about her, just as she wanted to know everything about him.

"I get it if it's a little much for you. It's a little much for a lot of people," she laughed. "And, so you know, you can cut me off from my questioning if you have questions of your own. Don't leave all the prying to me." She sat the bowl of popcorn onto the empty cushion on the couch, soon after drawing her feet up from the floor and tucking them next to her, allowing her body to lean even more into his side for support. Her head rested against his shoulder as she pulled the blanket up just a little more. As one hand rested on her own lap, she allowed the other to rest gently atop his thigh. .

A smile formed on her lips as he laughed. Seeing him enjoy the movie sent a feeling through her she couldn't say she was all too used to. She was happy, because he was happy. "There's nothing wrong with being a goody-two-shoes," she teased. "I can't say I was all that wild in my teens either."

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Little lady is wanting to open her world to him, just as he did for her)) [[It was! I had a Halloween party, and then went to a Bengals game, which was a huge disappointment. lol]]

"Serial killers?" Ryan asked, his voice conveying nothing but simple curiosity. "Movie or, actual?"

He felt Grace shift, and his body responded automatically, adjusting so she would be comfortable, drawing her a little closer. They seemed to fit together, without the awkwardness that he had come to think of as normal. Several women had approached him over the years, drawn in by the aura of power and danger an Alpha exuded, but his inner self had rejected them, and they'd sensed it, first dates quickly turning into awkward last dates.

"Do you know why you have the fascination?" Ryan asked. "I can feel you, at least a little, and I'm confused. I feel, life, caring, a powerful spirit, someone with passion for what she does and lives. It's hard to reconcile with some of the elements you put into your art, and darkness. It's almost like you're Yin and Yang personafied. It doesn't feel wrong, just confusing. What draws you, the light, into the dark?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Grace is a puzzle, and he's slowly finding pieces, but he's missing a lot too. )

"Real. I watch a lot of documentaries, and films inspired by true stories. It's not so much the murders that are fascinating, but more the psychology behind it all. I like learning what made them tick.. Why they did it, why they chose who they chose.. It's the dark side of humanity that people don't like to recognize. The animalistic behavior that's still in our genes. Some more than others, obviously." Gracelynn reached over and grabbed a handful of popcorn, those green eyes still watching the television screen. "I mean, the murders themselves are still interesting, but there's the psychology behind it that really pulls me in." Gracelynn was one of kind, it seemed. Most people would shy away from looking into gruesome murders. Gracelynn used it for inspiration.

Smiling, she looked up at Ryan. "I wouldn't necessarily call myself 'the light'. I'm just not afraid to research what interests me. Just like the book you gave me to read, I've already finished it. It's still a little confusing, but it's helped a lot in helping me understand what we are, and what you are." Their closeness was intoxicating. Never before had she felt so comfortable with someone. She felt like she had known him her entire life. Everything about this felt so... right.

"If you'd like... I have a room upstairs where I work on art.. I have canvases and such.. No one in town has seen it, but I feel like you might actually like to see it." She didn't draw or paint these murders. But they were all focused on the raw emotions that were released from such murders. A lot of her own emotions had been poured onto those canvases. The one she had done just last night after they had shared that steamy kiss on her front porch was still on the easel, drying. Their bodies entwined through paint, close and affectionate. Anyone looking at the painting could almost feel the warmth radiating from the two persons in the portrait.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Grace is ready to show her raw self, through paint.

"That's not really fair to animals you know," Ryan said. "Most don't kill for pleasure, but to survive or defend. There are a few species that seem to have a blood lust, but they're more berserker than murderer. I don't think killers are acting on instinct, I think they make a decision to kill, no matter how they justify it, because they want to, not need to. It takes a moral compass and intelligence to murder, not instinct. Just my opinion though."

Ryan paused to take his own handful of popcorn, watching as Evil Ash came clambering up out of the ground intoning 'I live again! ' If was as good a place to pause as any, so he made a long arm, tapping the 'pause' button before smiling down at Grace.

"Are you certain?" he asked, holding those green eyes steadily. There might be a touch of apprehension there, but no hesitation. Grace was ready to show him a glimpse into herself. He had no idea what he would see, but that curiosity, the need to know, drove him forward. Grace nodded, and his smile grew. "Then I accept your gift."

The hand that had been stroking Grace's hair twined itself into her locks, gently pulling her head back slightly, tilting it just enough for Ryan to lean down and plant a soft kiss on her lips. Time seemed to stop, frozen like the movie on the screen, as he gave himself to the sensation of kissing Grace.

"I'll take whatever you're willing to share," he whispered, letting the movement of his lips convey his message as much as his whispered words did. "I..."

Words failed him, so Ryan did the only thing that seemed right. Abandoning speech, he devoted his entirety to making Grace understand what her willingness to share herself with him meant.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (When words fail, try a kiss. )

Before Grace could even get a word out to agree with Ryan, her lips were soon busy with his. And in that moment, nothing, absolutely nothing, else mattered. She was here, with him. It didn't matter that their day had been hectic from the very beginning. What mattered was that their lips were engaged. Her soft lips meshed with his, the aroma of popcorn filling her nostrils. She felt his fingers entwined in her hair and an electric wave washed over her. Although her cheeks burned red, she had no reservations about the actions he took. Gracelynn felt like a school girl, completely infatuated with the man in front of her.

Feeling his lips move against hers, she could barely hear the words that he spoke. The sensation of his lips moving against hers seemed to be the only thing she could focus on. She was completely intoxicated. Shifting just slightly, she reached up and placed a warm palm against his cheek, her thumb stroking his skin. Gently, she pulled him in closer, deepening the kiss he had initiated once again. Something overcame her. The confidence she always had dwindled in situations like this, but not now. Grace felt....alive. She shifted again, their lips parting momentarily as she placed herself on his lap, facing him. She allowed their lips to rejoin, her fingers sliding back to his hair.

As she realized what exactly just happened, she pulled back. A smile was still present on her lips as she rested her forehead against his. "I.. uhm.. I'm sorry..." she breathed. "I probably crossed a few lines there.." This was another world for Gracelynn. Were there boundaries still? Did she cross a very big line? Just moments ago he had been talking about how he was never the guy to advance on a girl, yet here she was pushing for more. There was something about Ryan. She just couldn't get enough of him...

Tarmagon Tarmagon (I don't think she minded.)

"Grace," Ryan said with a breathless chuckle, "I'm so far past any line I've ever imagined crossing that I'm in unknown territory. I don't know this part of the dance, I'm going on instinct and your lead. If I mess up, it's through ignorance, and I hope you'll tell me what I do wrong and forgive me."

Ryan was all too aware of Grace, where she was, the lingering taste of her on his lips. He could also see his wolf, jaws open and tongue lolling out in a canine grin. The wolf had made his decision, now it was up to Ryan to come to the same conclusion. The touch of Grace's forehead on his pushed the image of his wolf away, making him aware of a new, issue.

"Grace," he said carefully, his cheeks on fire. "Maybe you should show me what you wanted me to see. I, think I need to stand up for a minute."

Ryan froze as the words let his mouth. Oh goddess, could he have chosen his words any more poorly? He felt his cheeks heat even more, which he would have deemed impossible, and he reached down, picking Grace up with a hand on either hip, setting her gently on the floor before standing himself.

"M'sorry," he murmured. "This. I. Ugh! I don't know. It's natural. It's disrespectful. It's embarrassing. It's never been a problem. I should shut up. I'm making a fool of myself."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Ryan is in unknown territory, and afraid of what Grace will think of him if she'd stayed on his lap much longer. Yes, despite good looks, he is still, 'pure as the driven snow' ,and embarrassed by his body's response. That should meet RPN guidelines for vague enough. ;) )

His reactions, both verbal and physical, were far beyond adorable in Gracelynn's eyes. When he had said he hadn't ventured this far into the dance, he wasn't kidding. She couldn't help the small giggle that escaped her lips as she was placed on her feet, seeing what exactly Ryan was suddenly flustered about. Grace grabbed his hand and entwined her fingers with his, drawing his hand to her lips and giving his knuckles a gentle kiss.

"Natural, yes. Disrespectful and embarrassing? Absolutely not," she smiled, taking in those reddened cheeks of his. "I'm actually pretty glad it happened," she mused. It at least meant that he was physically attracted to her. Gracelynn sometimes needed that confirmation, and more so with Ryan. Everything about this relationship with Ryan was completely different from everything she had ever experienced. This was new, exciting, and also a little scary. She didn't want to come off too strong to Ryan, especially since she knew he was inexperienced. Putting pressure on someone was not something she ever wanted to do.

"Well, c'mon then," she smiled, tugging on his hand. "I'll show you to my little getaway." She held onto his hand as she led him across the living room to the stairs, her bandaged feet padding along quietly. "I must warn you, I have a lot of... oddities.. in this room as well. There's some taxidermy pieces, some wet specimens.. And my art is a little on the dark side sometimes. But there are a ton of pieces of my own in here.. and if any are too much to look at, just move along and you'll maybe find the small collection of flowers I have." She looked over her shoulder at him as she led him up the stairs. She paused for just a moment once they reached the door, which was wide open because she hadn't had time to lock everything up when Ryan pounded on her door earlier.

Gracelynn stepped in and turned on the light. Lights all around the room lit up, showcasing the canvases she had on easels, and lighting up areas of canvases that were just stacked on the floor waiting for a home. The room was nearly full of canvases, all having some deep emotion portrayed. She let go of his hand to allow him to wander. She wanted him to look at whatever he wanted, without feeling forced to look at anything. Other than Kathy, Ryan was the first person to lay eyes on this room since her father had passed. Suddenly, Gracelynn was a ball of nerves. What if saw all these things and didn't want anything to do with her? That would make their bonds rather awkward, she supposed. They hadn't known each other very well beforehand. This was a lot to take in. She was so passionate about art, and this is what she did in her free time, which was a lot here recently.

The main painting, which was nearly finished, was the one she was working on the night of the storm. It was her and Ryan, on the porch. Gracelynn wanted him to see it, to know how it had effected her. Somewhere else in the sea of paintings was of the first night they had met, and Ryan had shown up to save her. All graphics included.

"I know it's a lot to take in.. I may spend too much time in here.." She gave a nervous laugh, shifting her weight.

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((I had to look up the guidelines! I've never actually found a long term role play on here, so nothing ever really happened. I had to refresh myself. lol. Grace is now the one worried about what he will think, for a much difference reason. She looks like an art hoarder.))

Natural, yes. Disrespectful and embarrassing? Absolutely not, I'm actually pretty glad it happened."

Ryan could only stare in confusion as Grace took one hand, twining her fingers with his before raising to her lips. She wasn't offended? Was, she pleased that he found her so attractive that he lost control over his body? He listened as Grace talked about her art, and the contents of her studio, allowing her to lead him upstairs. He could smell, and feel her nervousness as she reached into a darkened room, flipping a switch to bathe the room in brilliant light.

"I know it's a lot to take in.. I may spend too much time in here.." Grace said with a nervous laugh.

One canvas had pride of place in the center of the room, obviously a work in progress. Despite the dark, shadowed appearance, Ryan recognised the scene and the subjects instantly. Grace had recreated the scene of their kiss on her porch. The scene was dim, but the two figures shared an, intimacy that fairly leapt of the canvas, a tenderness that was enhanced by the dimness, rather than lost within it. Ryan reached out without thinking, stopping his finger barely an inch above the paint. His hand moved as though he were stroking Grace's hair, hovering over, but never touching, the canvas.

"Wow," he whispered, tearing his eyes away by force of will and moving to look around the room. Grace hasn't been kidding. Canvases were everywhere, and there were animals, frozen forever by someone's skilled hand and some things in jars of fluid that he didn't look too closely at. If Grace drew inspiration from them, he wasn't going to judge, but neither was he going to dwell on them.

Most of the paintings seemed, dark somehow, but still managed to evoke thoughts and feelings that weren't necessarily dark or, negative. He supposed the figure with the, thing, behind her? him? could be cowering before a nightmare, but somehow he got the idea that it was patiently waiting for the dawn, barely hinted at, to banish the thing, certain it would dissipate at the first touch of light. Not all the pictures were as hopeful, but they were all, honest? Some were downright disturbing, but they served their purpose, invoking emotion and thought...

An image caught his eye, and Ryan froze in his perusal of Grace's art. Two figures stood, frozen in combat over a slight form. One was pale, wiry, with claws and fangs while the other was, large, furred, him. Ryan was looking at the alley, the fight. There were more behind that one, telling the whole story out in dark detail. Ryan had never seen himself through someone else's eyes. He looked, dangerous.

"Am I that terrifying?" he asked softly.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Wolf appreciates a lot of it, is disturbed by some, and is worried that Grace sees the monster, not the man. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back