• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Compliments and Conundrums : Private for Tarmagon and readysetstalk

Grace seemed to think for a long moment before she nodded. "Ah, yes, Marissa. I had no idea she was a witch though. I guess that's not something you normally advertise to others." Come to think of it, she rarely heard anyone in town just come across and say what they were. It was normally some sort of gossip that eventually led everyone to know what they were. The more it got around, the more open the townspeople became. Having been here since she was just a toddler, she noticed the changes throughout time. It was almost taboo to talk about it when they first arrived. Now, it was a wellknown fact that there were supernaturals here. And no one batted an eye. Crazy how time can change things.

"Well, my name is Gracelynn, as in one name. Not two. And people call me Grace, Gracie, or Gracelynn.. I don't really have a preference on what people call me, as long as it's not Lynn," she laughed. "I also have a middle name, but for the sake of suspense, I think I'm not going to tell you just yet. Maybe make you work for it a little." She looked up at him, her gaze meeting his. There was something different about how he looked now, as opposed to how he looked just last night. Maybe he was finally feeling better. Surely he had to be in better shape today than yesterday. Way better shape, really. "And yes, I have WiFi, so you'd be able to mooch off of me."

At the mention of her being tired, she straightened up just a little, a lazy smile coming across her lips. "Yeah, I suppose I am. It might have something to do with all the excitement I had last night, combined with work today. Thankfully the shop is closed tomorrow, so I can just laze around my house." Gracelynn looked towards the back bedroom before smiling back up at Ryan. "As much as I would love to take your bed from you, I think it might be best if I go home." Gracelynn really wanted to stay, but she also was afraid. She didn't want to dive head first into this without trying to be an adult about it. In some young adult novel this would be totally acceptable. But Grace had to think about her own responsibilities before she just went caravanning around with a were. Right?

Gracelynn gave a soft sigh before pulling the blanket off of her lap, leaving the other half on Ryan. "Now, if you don't mind walking me home?" This question was a little more serious. After last night she didn't want to think about having to walk home alone again. She wanted to feel safe, but she also didn't want to burden Ryan. "It's cool if you don't want to, I guess maybe tonight will be the night I become a snack," she said playfully, trying to lighten the mood so he wouldn't worry about her. She stood from her spot on the couch and placed her hands on her hips, looking down at Ryan. "Well? Will you walk with me, or do I need to bring a bottle of hot sauce with me?"

Tarmagon Tarmagon Perfecly fine! I've been busy as well. Sorry if this seems all over the place. My brain is a little fried today.

"You're no one's snack," Ryan said in a voice that was closer to a growl than words. For just a moment his eyes flashed bright golden, and the Alpha, standing between his Pack and danger looked up at Grace. Then it was gone, and Ryan stood with a sheepish grin. "Sorry about that. Protective nature and all."

Ryan looked around, finally spotting Grace's boots by the door and retrieving them. Holding them up he gave a theatrical villain chuckle.

"But now you are trapped," he said. "For I have claimed your seven league boots."

Ryan handed Grace her boots with a laugh as she made a mock swat at him, then waited while she sat and pulled them on. He took the time to grab a large mag-light from a holder by the door and check the batteries. Nodding in satisfaction, he turned to see Grace standing and looking at him expectantly. Chuckling, Ryan gave a bow and gestured to the door.

"If my Lady would precede me," he said, "I must.... No, I just can't keep it up... I've got to lock the door."

After Grace had stepped down, Ryan followed and locked the door of the RV, then offered Grace his arm. She took it without hesitation, and they set off into the night. Ryan didn't feel any need to make small talk as they walked, content to just enjoy the cool evening and Grace's comforting presence as she walked beside him. He slowed his pace so that Grace wouldn't have to hurry, which had the effect of prolonging the walk, but all too soon in Ryan's opinion, they found themselves in front of Grace's home. Pausing, Ryan took a moment to sniff the night air, searching for anything that didn't belong, but nothing stood out to him.

"I think everything's fine," he said, turning to Grace with a smile. "Although it smells like a raccoon is taking an interest in your garbage cans. Might want to make sure they're shut tight."

One of Ryan's hands rose of its own accord, gently cupping Grace's cheek for a long moment as he looked down into her eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered, his hand falling to capture one of Grace's and bring it to his lips. "I... Just... Thanks."

Ryan stepped back, the words just not coming to express what Grace had given him back this night. Purpose, direction, hope. He shrugged helplessly and gestured to her door.

"Sleep well," he said, then grinned. "And my number is 803-365-3317 if you need me. If things are really bad, I'll feel it and come running."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Awkward werewolf is awkward.)

The walk back to her house was rather chilly, though she was mighty glad to have Ryan right there next to her. His warmth alone was enough to make her happy. She felt protected with him around. And although she had wanted to take up his offer on sleeping in the RV, Grace knew that jumping into this as quick as she was already seemed like it could be troublesome. Staying at his place would just make things a little more...permanent feeling. She enjoyed his company, and she was proud to be part of his pack. But she was also afraid at the same time. She had no idea what she had gotten herself into. But it felt right, and that's all she was going on right now.

Once they arrived at her place, she turned to face him, a smile on her lips. "If a raccoon is rummaging through my trash, it's fine by me. I'll lock it up tight tomorrow. I'm not about to go back there and fight it off." If she wasn't going to be vampire food, she sure as hell wasn't going to be raccoon food. But then he touched her and that electric shock rushed through her system. Her heart rate picked up, and she could feel her cheeks redden under his hand. In that moment, she thought he was going to kiss her. Instead, he reached for her hand. A small ounce of disappointment seemed to wash over her. Maybe this was just as awkward for him as it was for her. She definitely wouldn't have had the courage to just plant a kiss right on those lips of his.

Or maybe she would.. Something inside her was screaming for her to make the move. Her eyes glanced back at her front door as he gestured towards it, her eyes trailing up his arm, to his shoulder, and then to his face as she looked back to him. It was obvious in her eyes what she wanted to do before she even did it. And when she felt like this world couldn't get any more weird, she had the courage to make a move on Ryan. Ryan, a complete stranger she managed to have this overwhelming bond with.

Gracelynn reached up with cold hands and grabbed the front of his shirt. Gentle, but with decent force, she pulled him down to her. The moment seemed to happen so fast, but when she finally placed the still-dark red lips on his, it was like time froze. Everything around her no longer mattered. The raccoon digging in her trash, the fact that it was nearing midnight, the cool fall air circling around them.. All she thought about was him, and this moment.

Grace loosened the grip on his shirt and slowly stepped back, her lips leaving his. A rosy color seemed permanent on those cheeks of hers, though she maintained her confidence. Did she just cross some line? Or did she do something they both wanted?

"I won't remember that, but... You know where I live.. " She offered a playful wink before she turned and began walking back towards her house, glancing over her shoulder at him as she went.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Gettin' a little spicy. Hope Ryan doesn't mind.

Ryan couldn't really fault Grace's decision to let the raccoon have his fun for one night. Of course, he wouldn't have to clean up the inevitable mess that was going to result from the nocturnal dining. When Ryan gestured to Grace's door however, something unexpected happened. There was this, look, in Grace's eyes as she looked at him, then slender hands were tangled in his shirt, pulling him down to Grace's level. He could have resisted. He SHOULD have resisted. Grace was a fraction of his size and strength, it would have been so easy. But those tiny hands were implacable, drawing him down like gravity, and then Grace's lips rose to meet his. For half a second he was frozen, stunned, then the world fell away as he devoted everything to Grace, to that ephemeral contact of her lips on his. All too soon, Grace released his shirt and stepped back, her face practically glowing to his vision.

"I won't remember that, but... You know where I live.. "

"You wound me!" Ryan exclaimed, his eyes glinting with mischief. "I know I'm out of practice and all, but it couldn't have been that bad!"

Ryan knew perfectly well that she had been referring to his phone number, but that wink and over the shoulder glance Grace shot him brought out the playful that his wolf hadn't exhibited for a long, long time.

"I suppose," he said, putting on a mock thoughtful expression, "That if I'm that forgettable I should find someone willing to practice with me. It'll be a blow to my pride, but I suppose I can ask around and find out if there might be someone who won't laugh too badly at my obviously inadequate skills. Do you have any idea where I should start?"

Ryan delivered his last question with a raised eyebrow and a smouldering expression that made it perfectly clear that there was only one person he was interested in practicing with. Then he plastered a carefully crafted dejected face and started to turn away with a heavy sigh.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (He doesn't mind at all... and Grace tripped his mischief switch into overdrive.)

Gracelynn couldn't help but smirk as she heard him whine. He knew that she was talking about his phone number, but she enjoyed that he had a playful side. He seemed more like the very serious time. As she reached the landing on her porch, she stopped and turned to look at him. Her arms folded over her chest as she leaned her hip against the railing, her eyes scanning him.

"Well, I don't think Jillian would mind sacrificing herself to be your practice buddy." That playful smirk was still ever-present on her lips. If he wanted to play that game, she could play as well. "Actually, come to think about it, I think there's quite a few willing vict---I mean, volunteers--here in Half Moon Falls you could probably talk into doing it." Gracelynn had heard a few things here and there about Ryan before she had even met him. She knew he was new, and when females found a new face to gawk at, it was the talk of the town. With Ryan being a natural Alpha, it seemed like the females wanted to do nothing more than talk about him. Everyone around here knew each other. Throw a new face into the mix and it's like everyone was interested. The men wanted to know why he was there, and the females wanted to know more about this mysterious man showing up in a super fancy RV. If the ladies in town new that Grace was the first up to bat with him, there'd be a lot of gossip going around. Especially since Grace was not one to date.

"Or, you know, maybe I can give you a few pointers... You do know where I live, anyway.. No need to go out hunting, when I suppose I could show you the ropes myself. Why tailor yourself to someone else, if all you need is me?" Where in the world was this coming from? This was not Gracelynn at all. She didn't flirt. She didn't lead people on. This was a whole new side to her she didn't even know she had. A part of her wanted Ryan to take her up on her offer right then and there. It was exhilarating. It was exciting. It was so new. The feelings she had with Ryan were different from anything she had ever felt.

All you need is me...

Were they even at that level? Those words seemed to echo in her head. Did she just goof up and say something way off in left field? Would this scare him away? They had the pack bond, and the compliment bond.. Surely a few words couldn't send him running for the hills. ….Right?

Tarmagon Tarmagon (Let's see how he handles this little exchange.)

Ryan grinned as Grace riposted, turning to find her leaning hipshot on the railing of her porch. Her eyes sparkled with mischief as well, and he didn't even try to hide his grin. The last words Grace spoke seemed to resonate deep inside him, and from her own startled, apprehensive, and hopeful? expression, Grace had no idea where they had come from.

"Welll," he drawled, putting on what he hoped was a thoughtful expression. "Jillian is an attractive, young woman, so I'm not certain how good an instructor she'd be. I suppose I could take out an ad in the paper. 'Seeking instruction in the proper methods of giving a memorable kiss.' might get some attention."

Ryan began to slide forward slowly, watching Grace for signs he was getting too close, moving too fast, as he continued speaking.

"As for 'showing me the ropes'," he said with a chuckle, "I didn't take you for that kind of girl. Shouldn't you wait until at least the second date before you shock my delicate sensibilities?"

Ryan had moved up to the porch, and he climbed the steps slowly, deliberately, to stand beside Grace. He looked down, seeing the same confusion, apprehension, and just a bit of excitement he was sure was showing on his face. He reached down, scooping Grace up with one strong arm to set her carefully on the railing. He kept one arm around her, balancing her on the rail as his other hand came up to cup her cheek again.

"And... maybe you're right," he whispered. "I think, you are all I need."

This time he pulled her in, his hand slipping into her hair as he moved her slowly, giving her plenty of time to reject his attention, his intention, to kiss her. The anticipation, the fear of rejection, built and built, but then her lips were once again on his, and Ryan gave himself completely to the act of letting Grace know that yes, she was all he needed. It didn't make any sense how fast this was moving, and he didn't care. Something was just, right. Eventually the kiss had to end, simply because they both had to breathe, and Ryan drew back slightly, looking into Grace's eyes.

"I don't know about you," he said. "But I'll definitely remember that one."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (He'll see her flirt, and raise her a kiss.)

Those pale green eyes watched his every move as he neared. One would think that the nerves would set in, but Gracelynn was calm. She felt the electric buzz begin to whir and intensify with every step he took. As he got closer and closer, her eyes focused in on his. She could see in his eyes what she was feeling within herself. Everything seemed to be going so fast, but nothing felt wrong or dangerous about it. It was like this was her calling. This is exactly where she was supposed to be.

A small giggle erupted as he picked her up, that serious face finally diminishing and turning into a much happier one. His arm around her sent chills through her body. Her legs dangled off the railing, one on each side of his hips, allowing him to get even closer. And boy, was she not upset about that at all. His strength to just pick her up and hold her... She had never felt this way before, but she couldn't even begin to explain it. Ryan was strong, handsome, and here he was, right in front of her, his arm tight around her waist and his other hand placed on her cheek. Gracelynn searched his eyes as he neared, wanting nothing more than for him to finally kiss her. And he did.

This kiss seemed much more powerful than the one previous. The moment their lips touched, she felt like nothing else mattered. There was no raccoon digging through her trash. The memories of the previous night were gone. It was just Ryan. Her and Ryan. As they kissed, Grace allowed her hands to travel to his waist, her fingertips gripping at his shirt. Many say they feel fireworks when they kiss their true love. Gracelynn always thought that was bogus, until tonight. As she sat there on the railing, Ryan holding her close and their lips interlocked, she could say with confidence she felt what others had talked about. It was like an entire church choir had broke out behind them.

When he finally drew back, Grace couldn't help but smile. Though, his words brought a faint smirk to her lips.

"You know..." she spoke, her voice soft and low. "You should know by now that I am not the average woman.. You stayed at my house before we had even went on a date." She reached her hand up and brushed her fingertips across his cheek before placing her palm on his jaw, her thumb gently tracing the outline of his lower lip.

"I suppose, though... If you were to ever forget this one, we could always recreate this moment. I'm sure I'll remember this for years to come." Her heart felt like it could leap out of her chest and do cartwheels right there on the porch. She couldn't have imagined a better ending to tonight. Grace wanted this moment to last forever.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

"I think this moment will be recreated more than once," Ryan said as he gently picked Grace up again, setting her back on her feet near her front door. "At least, I hope it will. For now Gracelynn, my wonderful little enigma wrapped up in a mystery, I think that you should go inside and get some rest. I will take myself back to my RV and do the same."

Ryan bowed to Grace with a warm smile, then hopped down the porch steps, turning to wave to her before darting into the darkness. The warm glow stayed with him as he moved smoothly into the deep shadows and out of Grace's sight. Once he was certain she had lost sight of him, he turned, making a wide circuit of her house, senses alert for any threat. Only the aforementioned raccoon stood out to him, and he chuckled. He'd make certain to swing by tomorrow and clean up the inevitable mess if Grace didn't beat him to it. Satisfied that his packmate...who was already well on the way to being something so much more, was safe for the night, Ryan turned his steps towards his RV, drinking in the scents of the night with a newly rediscovered appreciation for the world around him.

Ryan arrived back at his RV, looking around with a smile. There really wasn't much left to do except to take the full garbage bag and tuck it safely away into a nearby dumpster. Unlike Grace, Ryan wasn't inclined to provide a meal for the nocturnal wildlife. Mission accomplished, he returned to the RV and opened the door, looking around with a smile. He quickly set things to rights, turning the couch back into a nook and small table, putting away the movie and turning everything off. He contemplated the blanket, smiling to himself, then scooped it up and tossed it onto the bed in the back room. A quick shower and change into a loose pair of pajama pants saw Ryan settling into his bed, surrounded by the scent of Grace emanating from the blanket. It only took a few moments for consciousness to leave him, and for once, his sleep wasn't haunted by the images of his lost Pack. This night his dreams were filled with green eyes, dark lips, and the wonder of everything that had happened in the last whirlwind twenty-four hours.

Ryan was roused from warm dreams by a peal of thunder that shook his RV on its levelers. Pulling back the curtain over the picture window, Ryan was greeted by a flash of lightning and another crash of thunder as rain sheeted down from a leaden sky. He lay there for a moment, watching nature's fireworks, feeling the fury of the storm rage around his RV, then he frowned. He hadn't smelled the storm coming last night. In fact, the weather report had called for a clear sunny day today. Strange. Sighing, Ryan pulled the curtain closed and burrowed into the bed, reveling in the scent of Grace that clung to the blanket. The weather was what the weather would be. His only regret was that the storm would keep people, including Grace, indoors while it vented its fury.

As if the thought had been a trigger, Ryan felt one of the faint thread of the Bond thrum slightly. She was that way, and the distance said she was still at her house. There was no sense of fear or urgency, and Ryan smiled. They'd have time. He could see a future unfolding before him, where before he had only seen a wall of grey. Storm or no storm, he held the sun in his heart. Ryan drifted off into a doze as the storm raged around Half-Moon Falls.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Violent storm coming up out of nowhere. What does it portend?)

Gracelynn watched as he bounded down the steps, a smile permanently placed on her face. Tonight had been so... exhilarating. It was like a new breath of life had been forced into her soul. Gracelynn waited until she couldn't see him anymore before she turned and entered her house. Once inside, she took a deep breath as her eyes closed momentarily. Nothing in her life thus far had gone so well. Gracelynn wasn't sure what was becoming of her, but she was glad it was happening. She had a happiness and positivity in her that she hadn't seen in ages. Ryan brought out the best in her, and made her truly happy. It was genuine, not just something that would pass. Even when he wasn't around physically, she could still feel him.

Gracelynn flipped the deadbolt on her door and then headed up the stairs, pulling her long hair out of that ponytail as she went. Her dark tresses fell in loose curls down her back as she slid the hairtie around her tattooed wrist. She went to the bathroom and looked herself in the mirror. What she saw looking back was someone she hadn't seen. This happier, warmer, Grace hadn't been seen since she was a child. Since before her father passed. Yet, in just a few hours, Ryan had brought that girl back. Shaking her head in almost disbelief of what actually happened tonight, she slid out of her clothes and took a hot shower. When she was cleaned up, she stepped out and wrapped a towel around her frame. She dried off and then slid on an over-sized t-shirt and went to her art room. Where as she had been tired before, a new energy had been unleashed within. Sitting on the wooden stool in front of a blank canvas, Gracelynn added some paint to her palette and went to work. If anything had ever been inspiring to her, tonight was it.

It wasn't until the wee hours of the morning did Gracelynn finally realize what time it was. She laid down her brush and looked over what she had created. It was a grungy, dark portrait of her and Ryan, the exact pose they had been in on the porch. His arm wrapped around her, their bodies close. You could see the bond just by looking at the painting. Gracelynn was hardly done with it, but already you could see what she was working on. With a content smile, she shut off the light and headed down the hall to her bedroom. There, she crawled under the blanket and curled up. Her mind was done racing and her body was close to exhausted. Just before her body finally gave in to sleep, a loud crack of thunder shook her house. Her eyes shot open and she moved out of her bed and drew back the curtain. She watched the lights dance across the sky for a few minutes before she crawled back into bed.

She knew Ryan wasn't far. She knew she was safe. She knew if anything were to happen, he would be right there. It gave her peace of mind. And with that, she was able to fall asleep rather quickly, and rather deeply. Unless someone was shooting off a cannon, she wouldn't wake for at least the next four hours. Gracelynn was happy. That was something she hadn't been able to say for a long time. Ryan had changed everything for her. As crazy as it sounded, she was completely awestruck of him. He had changed her in so many ways in just a short amount of time. She couldn't wait to see what the future held for them. Whatever it may be, as long as she had him, she would be just fine.

Tarmagon Tarmagon This is where we play some intense music. Foreshadowing at its best.

The sound woke Ryan. It was a strange combination of rushing wind, a deep throated roaring, and the crash of collapsing trees. Before he could fully process it, a new sound joined the first. This one was a wail like a damned soul being sucked down into Hell, but it snapped Ryan into motion. Tornado! It was the tornado alert! Ryan found himself outside in a gloomy predawn, staring up at greenish clouds lit by the town's streetlights. A dark finger destruction reached down from those clouds, plowing a path through the edge of town like a child drawing in sand. Grace's house was that way!

Ryan was in motion, not even knowing he had shifted until he realized he was running with the ground eating lope of hybrid form. He made the run to Grace's in two minutes flat, one eye on the debris cloud ahead of him, one on the debris in front of him. He have a massive sigh as he came into sight of Grace's house. It was intact. It looked like the twister had gone behind it, tearing up an empty lot. Then Ryan's heart sank. The house two doors down from Grace's was in shambles.

"Grace!" Ryan bellowed, pounding on her door. "Call 911! The Carlisle house got hit! I'm going to search for survivors."

Ryan bolted to the ruined house, straining his senses. The twister was withdrawing into the clouds, apparently satisfied with the chaos it had wrought, letting Ryan hear the creak of settling timbers, water gushing from burst pipes and... there! Ryan began shifting rubble from the center of the ruins, tossing framing members like toothpicks. He dug, even as he heard sirens in the distance, and slowly uncovered a shimmering dome of power. As he removed the last of the debris, the dome vanished, revealing the entire Carlisle family, and an exhausted looking Marissa.

"Thanks," she said, and promptly passed out.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Family of four saved from tornado by witch, film at 11.)

Last edited:
Despite all of the noises going on around her, it was like it meant nothing to Grace. The howling winds, the sounds of trees crashing to the ground, splintering along the way. Nothing really registered until her unconscious body felt that familiar buzz from Ryan being near. The sound of his voice alone drew her from her slumber. She leaped out of bed and immediately dialed 911. She spoke briefly with the dispatch before she hung up the phone and ran to her closet. She pulled on the first thing that resembled pants, which happened to be a pair of light grey sweatpants and soon she was bounding down the stairs.

She threw open the door after unlocking it and ran down the road, barefoot, dodging large artifacts of debris as she went. For someone who didn't seem like the athletic time, she was actually in fairly good shape. Gracelynn was standing before the Carlisle house before long, and her eyes widened at the pile of wood and debris that once was a house... a home. People lived here every day. And now? Now it was reduced won to a pile of rubble. Gracelynn's sweatpants were now drenched up to the knee as the rain continued to pour. Her hair was stuck to her face, and her t-shirt was close to being completely wet. That wasn't enough to stop her, however. She moved a little more carefully as she made her way over to where she saw Ryan. She tried not to step on anything sharp, though smaller splinters and debris found a home in her soles.

"Good god..." she muttered, looking down to see the entire family completely intact, and Marissa, who seemingly was the reason why this family would take another breath. "Ryan, take Marissa back to my place. There's a bunch of towels in the laundry room, and there's extra blankets and such in the hall closet." She moved around him and reached down into the dome-like area to help start pulling people out. They were all conscious and able-bodied. Gracelynn would not be able to help Marissa at this point. "Get her inside, get her warm." She looked over her shoulder at Ryan for a mere moment before grasping onto the youngest of the Carlisle family, Sam, and pulling him out.

Sam was just a child. He was barely five and looked very shaken by the whole ordeal. Gracelynn planted a gentle kiss to the top of his head, her hands on either side of his cheeks. "Go with Ryan, sweetie. I'm gonna help your parents and sister get out of here too, okay?"

The small child looked absolutely horrified, but gave a small nod. He looked to Ryan for guidance.

Gracelynn immediately reached back down and helped Sam's sister, Clara, who was nearly thirteen, make way to the surface. "Go with your brother." Every now and then, Gracelynn babysat so the Carlisle's could go out for a date. She knew these kids. These kids knew her. It broke her heart to see them in such shape. Everything they had in the house was gone. But thanks to Marissa, they still had each other.

Tarmagon Tarmagon The barefooted Grace has come to the rescue!

As the dome vanished and Ryan took in the family, he immediately shifted out of hybrid form so as not to terrify the youngest child. He knew that the Carlisle's were supernatural, but he was also certain they weren't weres, so best to play it safe. By the time he was fully human again, Grace was there. He had felt her coming, but was a little surprised by how quickly she had gotten there.

"Definitely more to her than just ink," Ryan thought, watching her coaxing the youngest child out of the ruins. "She's impressive."

Ryan stepped down into the wreckage to pick up Marissa's limp form. He was no expert on witches, but she just seemed exhausted to his senses. He carefully climbed out, then winked at Sam.

"C'mon Sam," he said. "I need someone to open the door for me so I don't have to set Marissa down. Grace will bring everyone else along behind us."

Sam nodded, then paused as Clara made her way to them. He reached out, taking his sister's hand in a death grip, then they both began to follow Ryan as he made his careful way back to Grace's house. Before they got half way, the streetlights flickered and died, leaving them in near total darkness. Sam squeaked in alarm, but Clara hushed him.

"I've got this Sam," she said reassuringly, and held up her right hand. Her face took on a look of intense concentration, then her hand started to glow, dimly at first, but quickly brightening to the level of a full moon.

"Nice," Ryan said. "How long can you hold it?"

"Not long," Clara admitted, "But I should be able to get us to Grace's place if we hurry."

"You two go," Ryan said. "I can see in the dark. Find a flashlight or some candles when you get to Graces. I'll get Marissa there safely."

Clara nodded and hurried ahead, Sam in tow. Ryan could have kept up easily, but he wanted them to have a sense of purpose and something to keep them busy, so he moved slowly. By the time he got to Grace's porch, Sam was standing there with a flashlight, and he could see several candles burning inside. Sam lit the steps, then the couch where Clara was waiting with a pile of dry towels.

"I've got this," she said firmly. "Go help Grace and my folks."

Ryan didn't argue, just set the still unconscious Marissa carefully on the couch and stated for the door. Sam pressed the flashlight his hands as Ryan moved past, and Ryan nodded his thanks.

"Watch over them," he said quietly, and Sam nodded gravely.

"I will."

Ryan headed back outside, making a beeline for the ruined house where his senses said Grace was. Flashing lights were approaching, but the debris strewn streets were slowing them down. Ryan arrived back just as the first fire engine pulled to a stop.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (No one died, this time. )

Gracelynn watched over her shoulder as Sam and Clara led the way back to her house. Taking a deep breath, she gave a small nod and looked down at the two remaining in the dome-like structure. She offered a smile down at the two of them, noticing that Ron looked worn. Gracelynn had never asked if they were supernatural, but with seeing Clara use her magic to light up the way back to her house, she figured that the parents had to be supernatural as well. She took up Jessica's hand and helped pull her up, Ron giving her a boost from behind.

Jessica folded her arms over her chest once she was out of the rubble and frowned as she looked around at what they used to call home. Everything material was gone. Thankfully Marissa had shown up when she had, or else there would be nothing left of this family. You never really think about how quickly everything can change until something bad happens. Jessica was grateful that there was help, and that her family would live to see another day after this. She uncrossed her arms and reached down to help Ron. She grabbed one hand, and Grace the other. Together, they pulled him out. Jessica fixed herself under his arm to help support him, her arm going around his waist.

Gracelynn turned to see the fire engine pull up, and also Ryan, who had just arrived as well. She followed Jessica and Ron out of the rubble, carefully watching her steps as she went. Her feet were already bleeding in some spots, but nothing too serious. Just a few pokes and scratches from running over so quickly. With the light from the fire truck, she was able to see where she was going, so there was no need for Jessica to use her powers to light up the way. Gracelynn's heart was still racing from the adrenaline, but it seemed to finally lighten up as she got closer to Ryan. She was soaked, head to toe. She pushed her hair back out of her face and gave a faint smile towards Ryan as she neared his side.

Jessica led Ron over to the fire truck so he could at least get looked at to make sure he was alright. Gracelynn watched from a distance, her arms folding over her chest as goosebumps formed on her skin. It was chilly, and even more so now that she was drenched. "Are the kids okay? Did they find the candles? Towels? They should know where everything is.. They've been there plenty of times.." Her eyes continued to watch Jessica and Ron before she finally pulled her gaze away to look up at Ryan.

There was something about him she just couldn't put her finger on. He drove her mad, in the best way possible. Who in their right mind would run out in a tornado? Ryan. Who would bang on the door and rush off to help a family? Ryan. So strong, so fearless... Brave. Ryan was definitely something to be desired.

"Are you okay?" she added, looking up to him as she reached out and grabbed his arm, playfully examining him for any cuts or bruises.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

"Are the kids okay? Did they find the candles? Towels? They should know where everything is.. They've been there plenty of times.."

Ryan grinned as Grace unleashed a torrent of questions as he approached. He was gratified to see Jessica and Ron over by the newly arrived fire truck getting looked at. Before he could say anything, Grace had grabbed his arm and was looking him over, ostensibly for injuries, though Ryan didn't think that the loose pajama pants that were his entire wardrobe right now would conceal anything. Fortunately, his enhanced metabolism was keeping him warm, despite his bare chest and the rain that continued to fall, though not nearly as heavily as before. Grace on the other hand, lacked Ryan's advantages, and he could see goosebumps rising all along her arms.

"I'm fine," he said softly. "Clara is taking care of Marissa and Sam is watching over them both. You, little wolf, need to get out of this rain. Wait here a second while I let everyone know where the kids are and that Marissa is okay, then I'm taking you home."

Without giving Grace a chance to protest, Ryan moved to the fire engine where Jessica and Ron were getting the once over. They looked up as he approached, and Ron stood upright, holding out his hand.

"Thank you," he said, shaking Ryan's hand firmly. "We couldn't have held up that debris much longer."

"It was..." Ryan stopped as he took in the expressions around him. He thought it was nothing, just the right thing to do, but other people seemed to think differently. Finally he just nodded. "You're welcome. Marissa is passed out on Grace's couch with Clara and Sam tending to her. I'm going to take Grace home before she catches something worse than goosebumps. You can use my RV..."

"No need," Ron said, "But thanks for the offer. We'll stay with Marissa. She needs to be close to Clara anyway. Teenage hormones and magic..."

"We'll be by to get the kids and Marissa as soon as they let us go," Jessica said. "Thank you Alpha. Lady’s s Blessing be upon you."

"And with you Witch Mother," Ryan replied formally despite being clad only in pajama pants. "May She watch over you and yours, this and all days."

"So mote it be," Ron, Jessica, and Ryan chorused, then smiled at each other.

"Go," Jessica said, making shooing motions. "Get Grace dry. We'll be there soon."

"They're fine," Ryan said to Grace as he returned to her side. "They'll be along to collect the kids and Marissa when they're done here. I offered them my RV, but they're going to stay with Marissa. Something about teenagers and magic."

Ryan trailed off as Grace shivered, shifted her feet and winced. In an instant he was down on one knee examining first one foot, then the other.

"I'm taking you home," he said in a firm tone. "Hold on."

With that, he scooped Grace up into his arms and started walking back towards her house, picking his path with care.

"You're not walking until I do something about those feet," he said conversationally as he strode along. "So just enjoy the ride."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Not walking that debris and splinters in any deeper if he has anything to say about it. )

Last edited:
Gracelynn had watched the exchange between Ryan and the Carlisles and smiled to herself. It was nice to see that people still cared. It was a rough world out there. Some people wouldn't have even batted an eye at them for losing their home. But here was Ryan, running out to help them in the middle of a tornado. Brave, so brave.

As he bent down to inspect her feet, she wrinkled her nose at him. She looked at her feet and then threw her hands on her hips. "My feet are just fine. A few splinters won't keep me from walking!" But before she could even finish the sentence, Ryan had already scooped her up and was heading back to her house. She sighed heavily. "You know, Ryan, I am perfectly fine to walk on my own." She couldn't complain though. He was warm, oh-so warm. She turned into him a little more, allowing his warmth to radiate over her. It was still raining, and she was still drenched.

"I also would like you to know that this isn't my first go around with a few splinters. I spend most of my time outside barefoot." Gracelynn was trying to sound as independent as possible. But, really, she wasn't mad about him helping her get back home. Her feet were sore, and they were bleeding. It wasn't anything serious. But her feet were very thankful to have him right now. Maybe next time she runs out into a tornado she'll remember to at least grab a flip-flop or two.

Once they neared her house, she could see the candles flickering through the curtains. Clara knew exactly where they had been, and she was proud of her for taking charge. Sam was just a little one, but he was also rather independent. Jessica and Ron raised some mighty fine kids. Grace only hoped that Marissa would be able to recover.

After Ryan walked into the house with Grace, Clara came running over with two towels. "Here, it looks like you guys could use these," she smiled. "What happened to Gracelynn?" she asked, noticing that Ryan was carrying her.

"Oh, the heroic one over here refused to let me walk home with splinters in my feet," Grace laughed, rolling her eyes playfully. She figured Ryan would let her down sometime soon, but she wasn't going to be mad if he just continued to hold her a moment longer.

Clara grinned from ear to ear. "Oh, so you mean the heroic and the romantic one?" Her brows rose with enjoyment. "Grace! I've never even seen you go on a date! Now you've got this hunk carrying you around like you're a queeeeeeen!"

Grace's cheeks immediately burned, but thankfully they couldn't see it in the dimly lit house. "Clara, please check on Marissa, yeah?" She shooed her off. "Ryan, let's take this to the kitchen, since you insist on fixing my feet."

Tarmagon Tarmagon

Ryan couldn't suppress his grin as Grace railed at him as he carried her home. He could tell her heart wasn't really in it, and his grin turned into a smile as she snuggled a little closer as he picked his way over the rubble. When they arrived at Grace's house, Clara met them with dry towels, questions, and then teenage enthusiasm over Ryan carrying Grace. Ryan's shoulders shook with silent laughter as Grace shooed Clara away, directing him to the kitchen. Clara might not have seen it, but the flush on Grace's cheeks stood out like a beacon to Ryan's vision, and his shoulders shook harder as he carried Grace into the kitchen. Rather than set her into a chair, Ryan folded one of the towels and set it onto the table, then set Grace atop it.

"First aid kit?" he asked, then followed Grace's pointing finger to the pantry. Opening the door, he saw a small kit hanging from a hook on the back of the door. Of course Grace was prepared. Grabbing the kit, Ryan returned and sat in one of the chairs, pulling Grace's feet into his lap. Pulling the flashlight Sam had given him from the back waistband of his pants, Ryan clicked it on and examined the soles of Grace's feet. There were several largish splinters embedded in those little feet, and several small cuts bled sluggishly. She could walk, Ryan was certain, and he was also certain she wouldn't enjoy the experience.

"Not too bad," he said reassuringly. "Let me get these splinters out and then we'll get these cuts cleaned out."

Ryan grabbed the tweezers from the first aid kit and began to carefully pull the splinters out of Grace's feet. It took several minutes and a few muttered curses over particularly recalcitrant fragments, but finally the work was done. Ryan ripped open several packets of sterilizing wipes, then looked up at Grace.

"This is probably going to sting," he said apologetically, taking a firm grip on one of Grace's ankles and applying the wipes. The cuts immediately began to foam around the edges, and he heard Grace's sharp intake of breath, but that was it. He worked quickly, then transferred his attention to the other foot. Again the foaming, one sharp breath, and nothing else. Damn, this woman was tough. But then again, with that much ink, this was probably a walk in the park on a sunny day by comparison. Finally, Ryan cut two large pieces of gauze and wrapped both feet securely.

"Just in case," he said at Grace's raised eyebrow. "If one of those cuts reopens we don't want you tracking blood all over your house. This should hold until you can get some socks on, unless you want to tell me where to go look for them?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (First aid complete!)

Gracelynn could feel Ryan's laughter, and she shot him a glare. Of course he found it funny. Nothing like a teenager gawking at them over him insisting on carrying her home. With a small huff, she looked away as he carried her on into the kitchen. As he placed her on the table, she folded her hands in her lap. She knew what was about to come, and she was well prepared. One didn't sit for hours on hours in a chair with needles puncturing your skin for a few splinters to bother her. At least she had a decent pedicure going for her right now.

When it was all said and done, and her feet were wrapped up like little packages, she leaned back on her hands and laughed quietly. "I think I'm going to need more than just socks, Ryan.." She gestured towards her wet t-shirt and sweats. "As much as I would like to win the wet t-shirt contest, I don't think it's entirely appropriate for our audience." Her eyes glanced towards the living room where Clara, Sam, and Marissa were. It was still very dark out, and she could see their shadows move in the candlelight.

"Here, come with me." She slid off of the table, grabbing the towel she had been placed on as she went. She grabbed his hand and led him back to the small laundry room just off of the kitchen. Gracelynn took the flashlight from him and pulled out an outfit for her from the dryer, and placed it on top. "I don't think you'll fit into anything of mine, but I do have some of my dad's old stuff back here somewhere..." She walked deeper into the room and pulled out a cardboard box. Right on top were a pair of grey sweatpants and a t-shirt. "The shirt might be a little small, and the pants might be a little short on you, but it's better than being wet, yeah?" She returned back to Ryan and handed him the stack of clothes. "I didn't keep his underwear, cause that would be weird, so you'll just have to go commando." She offered him a playful grin, nudging his side with her elbow.

Gracelynn used the towel to dry off her hair a bit before she tossed it into the hamper. Now, Gracelynn had a bit more confidence in herself than she liked to lead on. So, once the outfits were selected, she turned her back to Ryan and pulled off her soaking wet shirt. Upon removing the shirt, should one be able to see in the dark, they'd see a full mural permanently etched into her skin, covering her entire back and disappearing down into the waistband of her pants. She slid on another over-sized t-shirt and then slipped out of her sweats. The shirt was plenty long enough to cover her behind, so she just slid into the new, dry, sweatpants. When she turned to face Ryan, she smiled and placed her hands on her hips. "I'll leave you to change then. Just toss your clothes in the hamper. When the power comes back on, I'll wash 'em for you."

Grace patted his arm as she brushed by him, leaving him to the laundry room to change. She headed back to the living room to check on everyone.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Operation dry clothes, full swing

Ryan's eyes involuntarily dropped as Grace mentioned a wet t-shirt contest. Yep, she'd definitely be a winner in Ryan's book with the evidence of the chill from the outdoors still standing proud. He tore his eyes away with a blush that he was glad Grace wouldn't see in the dim light. Thank the Goddess she didn't have his thermal vision. He followed Grace into the small laundry room, watching her rummage in the dryer for clothes, then grinning as she pulled items out of a cardboard box and offered them to him. She took a moment to dry her hair, then turned her back and slipped her wet shirt over her head unselfconsciously. Ryan had to stop himself from reaching out and tracing the intricate work that adorned Grace's exposed back, disappearing down past the waistband of her sweats. The intricacy was incredible. The expanse of skin and ink vanished as Grace slid a shirt over her head then shimmied out of the wet pants. This time Ryan didn't even try not to stare. As Grace bent to step into the dry pants, the shirt hiked up to dangerous levels, but protected her modesty even as it exposed firmly muscled legs nearly to the level of her shapely rear.

Grace turned, a smile on her lips as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I'll leave you to change then. Just toss your clothes in the hamper. When the power comes back on, I'll wash 'em for you."

Grace patted Ryan's arm as she slipped past him, leaving him alone the the laundry room. As he contemplated the clothes Grace had given him, a thought struck Ryan. Bending, he looked into the dryer and smiled to himself.

"Guess we both forgot about these," Ryan thought as he pulled a set of his own clothes out of the dryer. "Well, what with the vampire attack and all, I guess we can cut ourselves some slack."

Ryan dressed quickly in his own clothes, placing Grace's offerings back on top of the box she had taken them from, and hanging his soaking pajama pants over the edge of the washing machine. He added the towel that Grace had used to dry her hair, then headed out into the living room. Just as he entered, the lights flashed on, went off, flickered a few times, then began to glow steadily. Outside he could see the streetlights beginning to glow faintly as they warmed up to operational levels.

"Hunh," he said, looking at the lights. "That was quick. There must not be any lines down, just tripped relays. How're you feeling Marissa?"

The last was directed at the witch on the couch who was struggling into an upright position. Now that they weren't in the middle of a crisis, Ryan took a good look at Marissa, then whirled away, his cheeks flaming. Marissa was 'dressed' in some kind of satiny material, pants that were closed with a drawstring and a top that was open all the way to her navel. Nothing was overtly exposed, but only just. The outfit was obviously not meant for going out, and RYan couldn't stop from wondering what the heck Marissa had been doing at the Carlisle's dressed like that. Something must have shown in his posture, because a silvery laugh rolled out of Marissa, sounding tired but genuine.

"Never seen pajamas like these?" Marissa asked in a teasing voice. "You can turn around Ryan. Everything's covered, I promise. When I got the call from Jessica that Clara was having serious control problems that she couldn't damp down, I didn't exactly stop to dress for success before heading over."

"It's a good thing you were there," Ron said from the front door. "There's no way we were walking away from that without you protecting us."

"It was a team effort," Marissa said, blushing. "You provided the... never-mind. We still wouldn't have made it if Ryan hadn't dug us out before I passed out."

Jessica moved up behind Ron, adding her thanks to Marissa's, which caused the kids to both chime in, Clara going so far as to wrap her arms around Ryan while Sam latched onto one leg. Ryan shot Grace a 'help me out' look that held a bit of desperation as she stood out of the way, looking like she was trying not to laugh at his predicament.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Ryan isn't used to effusive thanks. He was just, helping like anyone would.)

Last edited:
Gracelynn had been gathering wet towels and blankets when Ryan reappeared from the laundry room. She had felt his eyes on her in the dark, knowing that he could see every detail of her backpiece. She smiled inwardly to herself. It had to have drove him a little crazy to see all that ink in one shot. A lot of people didn't see much more than her arms and legs. To really see it all together was something else. Ryan was getting bits and pieces, but he was seeing much more than anyone else ever had.

When he returned to the living room, she watched the exchange between him and Marissa. In all honesty, she was a little surprised to see Marissa dressed in such a way as well. But, hey. Who was she to judge? She ran out in sweats and a t-shirt. Grace had made a quick trip to the laundry room to toss the wet towels into the washer. She included all of her wet clothes and Ryan's and tossed in a detergent pod. She started up the washer and then returned back to the living room, just in time to see Clara and Sam hanging onto Ryan. His face said it all, and Gracelynn couldn't help but burst out in laughter. Clearly someone wasn't used to praise.

"Alright, kids. C'mon. Leave ol' Ryan alone," she mused, walking over to the group. She ran her fingers through Sam's wet hair, pushing it back out of his eyes. "I think you might actually give him a stroke," she laughed, glancing up at Ryan. She had never seen someone so uncomfortable with a thanks before. It was more than just moderately amusing.

Clara was more than happy to keep hanging on, but when Grace told them to leave him alone, she and Sam both loosened their grip and backed off. Clara was a little more slow in doing so, however. "You really did save us, Ryan! You really are a hero, to more than just Grace." Clara's sweet and innocent smile shone bright and Grace just rolled her eyes. Clara and Sam both returned to their parents. Sam gave them both a very big hug. Being only five, this whole ordeal was horrifying. Clara, however, was a little less shaken by it, though she was clearly going to have lingering fears from today.

Gracelynn pulled her hair back into a loose bun and watched the exchange between the kids and Jessica and Ron. "Do you guys need a ride or anything? Food? Maybe you guys wanna just crash here today?" She glanced between Marissa and Jessica and Ron.

Marissa shook her head, slowly sitting up on the couch. "No, no. They'll be staying with me. My house was untouched. I should have enough strength to get back.." She went to stand, and nearly lost her footing. Jessica was there in seconds, sliding Marissa's arm over her shoulders.

"Are you sure?" Jessica asked. "There's a lot of down trees and stuff along the way.."

"I'll be fine. We need to leave Grace to her home, and Ryan to... well, probably Grace's home as well," she smirked, casting a look to Ryan letting him know she knew very well what was going on around here.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

Ryan covered his face and groaned as Marissa, still supported a bit by Jessica, headed out the front door. Ron gathered in the kids with a glance, though Sam turned back, racing to give Grace a hug before scurrying to catch up to his father and sister.

"Not driving..." drifted back as the little group moved away. "Barely walk... I'll.."

"It sounds like they're arguing about who's going to be driving," Ryan said with a chuckle, but then his face twisted into a worried expression. "And, oh Silver Lady but the rumors that are going to be flying around town by the end of the day. Me showing up pajama pants with you on my heels in sweats and an oversized t-shirt. The rumor mill is going to turn us into..."

Words failed Ryan as he contemplated the near future. Clara would have him a knight in shining armor, Marissa would have them shacked up together. Who knew what Ron would think, and Clara came by her tendencies honestly, so Jessica would... Ryan groaned again, looking at Grace apologetically.

"Sorry about what's coming," he said. "And sorry for dragging you out into that mess, but... thanks for being there. You were wonderful with the kids."

Ryan looked at the door, then shook his head. He'd just be in the way of the experts, and the fire department had several werewolves on the roster. They'd find everyone who needed help, but the urge to get out there, to help, was strong. Heaving a sigh, Ryan turned back to Grace.

"I want to help," he said simply, "But I know I'd just be in the way. Anything I can do for you to take my mind off of this mess?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Wolf wants to help, but knows to stay out of the way.)

Gracelynn leaned down and returned the hug to Sam. She ruffled his hair as he took off after Ron, closing the door behind him. She smiled, watching them go.She was overjoyed with the fact that everyone was safe and sound. Their house might be destroyed, but at least they were all safe. That's all Grace really had hoped for when Ryan shouted out that the Carlisle's place had been hit by the tornado.

"Oh, Ryan. The rumors started way before today. I'm sure Kathy has already taken the surprise out of whatever Marissa and Jessica may say to others." After they showed up together that night after she had been attacked, Kathy was already making rounds, she was sure. And then Ryan went and picked up a pie? A whole pie to take back to his place? Kathy wasn't a naïve person. She knew what was going on. And she was not afraid to let others in on it either. It was kind of a big deal. Gracelynn had never really expressed interest in men, and really kept to herself. It was like a whole new person was breaking out of the shell when Kathy saw Grace and Ryan together.

Grace walked over to the window and drew back the curtain, taking a look outside as firemen and everyone else worked to get the streets cleaned up. "You can't be everyone's hero," she smiled. "You're supposed to be my hero. If you're everyone's hero, then that makes what you and I have going on a little less special, wouldn't you say?" she asked, looking over her shoulder at him. She stepped away from the mirror and walked over to Ryan.

"We can do whatever you wanna do. I was sleeping before you pounded on my door. I assume you were also sleeping before hearing the tornado. Are you hungry? Maybe this time we can actually cook together." Grace offered him a smile. She was actually very hungry and wouldn't mind tearing into some waffles here soon. "Since you've cooked two meals for us, I think it's only fair that we at least do this third one together."

Tarmagon Tarmagon

“No, I wouldn’t say,” Ryan said softly. “You’re special and unique, and nothing is going to change that.”

Ryan chuckled as Grace mentioned food. With the run over in hybrid form, he couldn’t eat a whole cow, but he could maybe finish a whole pig.

“Beautiful and practical,” Ryan continued in a more normal voice. “And yes, I do seem to remember having been offered a breakfast at some point, but someone slept in, so I had to take matters into my own hands before I fainted from hunger.”

Ryan followed Grace into the kitchen, chuckling as the first thing she did was start the coffee. Priorities fully satisfied, she began to move around the kitchen, pulling out bowls and ingredients. Soon enough, Ryan found himself with bowl and spoon in hand, vigorously mixing a thick batter as Grace added various things to his bowl. Finally, Grace seemed happy with her efforts and nodded that Ryan could stop stirring. Sausage went into a skillet, and then they sat down, coffee cups in hand while the waffle iron heated to cooking temperature.

“What’s happening with us Grace?” Ryan asked. “It feels like we’re caught up in a tornado of our own, but it feels so... right. This is beyond a Pack bond, and it’s not just the Compliment bond either. It’s not a Mate bond, exactly, but it acts similarly. Why do I want, no, need, to learn as much about you as you’re willing to share?”

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Wolf is entranced. You sure she’s not a witch?)

Last edited:
Beautiful and practical. Those words seemed to dance around her head as she got everything up and going for their breakfast. She had never been called such, and it really did something to her spirits. It gave her a tad more confidence than what she was used to. To hear that someone else, especially someone like Ryan, thought that she was beautiful was so different to her. A lot of people gave her strange looks for her tattoos, or commented on how antisocial she normally was. Very rarely did she get called beautiful, unique. However, she liked how it had a particular ring to it.

Once they sat for a coffee break, she brought the steaming cup to her lips and took a careful sip. Her eyes watched Ryan as he spoke. "I think it has to do with the unique thing you mentioned earlier," she teased. "I really don't know what's going on between us though. But I feel the same way. I want to know all I am allowed of you.. I don't know much about bonds, but there's definitely something going on." She placed her cup on the table in front of her, her hands folding over one another in her lap. "Usually I'm not really interested in people.. You, on the other hand, I can't get off my mind... When you're gone, I wonder what you're doing, how you're doing it, if you enjoy doing it.. All day at work yesterday I read that book you gave me--when I had time, anyway."

She stood from her chair when she saw the light blink on the waffle iron. She poured the mix into the iron and closed the lid, watching as steam rolled out the sides. "Since you gave me a book on your kind, you're more than welcome to ask anything that comes to mind." Leaning against the counter, she had turned to face Ryan. Her hair was now merely damp, and just a tad curlier than normal because of the rain and wind. "I'm an open book," she smiled, pulling the waffle out of the iron and pouring more mix into the iron for a second.

Tarmagon Tarmagon She's just got that charm about her.

"More like a mysterious tome promising forbidden knowledge to the one brave enough to open the cover," Ryan said with a grin. "What lies buried beneath all that calligraphy?"

Ryan sipped his own coffee before rising to turn the sausages over. Task completed, he resumed his seat and contemplated Grace over the rim of his cup.

"When did you start with the tattoos?" he asked. "I can't imagine how many hours all of that took. Just the back plate alone must have been thirty to forty hours. I've heard some people say ink is addictive. You don't strike me as that weak, but damn that's a lot. Lovely work on a lovely canvas mind you, but a lot. I get the feeling there's a story buried in there, but I think it'll take me a long time to read it."

Ryan paused, grinning at Grace before asking another question.

"Grace..." his voice was quiet and steady as he spoke, his eyes serious. "How is it that you're here, alone, to fill up a hole in my heart I didn't even know I had? You should have suitors at your beck and call, not living like a hermit."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Deep questions over waffles.)

Gracelynn watched as he rose to flip over the sausages, a small smile placed on her lips. She waited for the next waffle to finish before she pulled it out of the iron and poured in the mix for another. She closed the lid and waited. "I think I'm right around 150 hours. I kinda lost track after the back piece. It's really not as deep as you think, Ryan. I really, really enjoy art. And I love tattoos, so why not exhibit my own art wherever I go? I drew up every tattoo I have, and took it to an artist, had them tattoo it, and that's that. I put a lot of myself into art, and not a lot of people have really taken the time to really look at them. Now, I don't go gallivanting around naked for people to gawk, but even in the summer, the most I get are a few stares. Never a question." She gave a small shrug, looking down at her tattoo-laden arms, turning them over and admiring her own work. "It's a small town, and I'm the most heavily tattooed out of all of them. I don't mind at all, really. I like being a little different."

His next question seemed to hit a soft spot. Why was she here? Why didn't she have a family already? Why was she in this small town full of supernaturals? She gave a soft sigh, her gaze lowering slightly. "Well, I can't speak for everyone, but not a lot of people are interested in a woman who is... well.. as dark, as I may appear. I'm a bubbly person. I'm kind. But I guess my love for art kind of ruins peoples image of me. They think I'm some weird goth girl who lives alone and runs a hardware shop. There's a lot more underneath. I don't open myself to just anyone though, and no one's ever really tried to get to the point where I feel comfortable opening myself up to them. It's a little hard to put into words." She paused for a moment, lifting the lid of the iron to check on the waffle. Replacing the lid, she looked back to Ryan.

"Maybe this is some weird cosmic path that we're both on. I'm living like a hermit, and you're a noble nomad. Somewhat on our own destinies to find one another? Our cosmic paths just seemed to intersect at just the right time, I suppose." Gracelynn was far from religious. She had no interest in it whatsoever. There was too much bad in the world for her to open her mind to the idea of a higher being controlling everyone. To her, it was ridiculous to even think such a thing. Though, she respected those around her who did fancy the idea of a God.

"The likelihood of us running into each other any other way is slim to none. There has to be a reason for us finding each other." Gracelynn's tone was much softer, giving way to how she really felt about all of this. It was the only explanation she could come up with. This is what was supposed to happen. He was who she was supposed to find. They were meant for each other. It was laid out in front of them. In such a short time, they had created two bonds. Pack, and compliment. And now? Now it was starting to work it's way to a third bond. A much more serious bond. There wasn't an ounce of fear in Grace over it either. Whatever happened, happened.

Gracelynn pulled the waffled out of the iron and poured yet another round of mix into the iron. "What about you? What are your feelings on the matter?"

Tarmagon Tarmagon Deep answers to follow deep questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back