• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Compliments and Conundrums : Private for Tarmagon and readysetstalk

Gracelynn watched him in silence, allowing him to take it all in before she spoke. She understood that the décor of choice wasn't everyone's cup of tea. It was odd, and sometimes a little disturbing. But with death, there was life. Grace drew on these creatures around her to bring life to her canvases. Without emotion pouring out of them, it was a failure. Over the years she had worked hard to hone in on a style she loved. It was seen through the canvases how she had grown and adopted different techniques.

"Initially, yes, you are terrifying." She stepped in slowly, taking space next to his side as they both looked down on the canvas before them. "Imagine me, suddenly being attacked by a vampire.. And then out of nowhere, like a harsh wind cutting through the trees, a man covered in fur appears and rips the cruel, pale creature to bits." Her arms folded over her chest, though her eyes remained on the painting. "I can't say I saw a whole lot of weres in their wolf form before I met you. I didn't really know what to think when all of this happened. But I am very glad it did. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you, and I sure as hell wouldn't be as happy as I am without you." Grace pulled her eyes away from the painting finally to look up at Ryan. It was clear in her eyes that she was still nervous about what he may think. And with his response? She was afraid that he thought she saw him in an awful way. Gracelynn only had good things to say about Ryan, especially after that night. Was she shaken by the entire ordeal? No doubt. However, she was incredibly grateful to him for the bravery he'd shone.

Shifting her weight to one hip, her eyes cast back down at the painting. "You know, Ryan... I feel things...when you're around. Not just the electricity of the bonds, but something much more.. More than these oddities around me could ever evoke. I use them for inspiration from time to time, I do. But here lately, I haven't had to. The things we do together..." She paused, trying to gather the right words. "No, more than that.. Just being around you in general brings so much passion. If I could just...sit in here...all day with you around, I'd run out of canvases." She wasn't sure at this point if she was finding the right words. It was all just coming out.

"I've never felt this way before.. Inside, I feel so alive it's exhilarating. It's like something inside just clicked, and now everything is damn near perfect. I have energy, confidence.. happiness.. My life was very... depressing before. I did everything alone. Now I don't want to ever do anything alone. I want to experience life with you, every step of the way." It might be a little too much, but Grace felt it necessary. She was opening up to him. She showed him her biggest collection of art, and in that paint was every feeling she had ever felt. It was like a diary of her life. You could see the phases, if laid out. Ryan may not realize it, but he was playing a very big role in her life now.

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((She sees him in a light very different than that of a monsters))

"Well, let's see," Ryan said, his tone deliberately light. "You ran me over in the Timberwolf, I saved you from being someone's dinner, you saved me from being comatose for days, together we helped a family out of a tight spot, and you got me where I needed to be to do the most good. We've also watched movies together, cooked and cleaned together, and even shopped together. I hope you'll forgive me if I hope you can draw inspiration from the latter more than the former. I love doing things with you, but can we skip the excitement for a day or three?"

Ryan reached out, gathering Grace in close with one arm while he gestured at the paintings with the other.

"You'll have to tell me about these," he said. "But we've got time. I, feel it too you know. That subtle brightening when I can share something with you. It's, I don't know how to explain. We can survive alone, we've both proven that, but with you, I'm living again, not just existing, and it's scary. What if I mess up? There's a million ways this could go wrong... but I don't care. It's worth the risk to live if you're a part of that life."

Ryan shrugged helplessly as his words ran out. He'd always had the right words to help a friend through a break up, known how to lift a spirit. Now, he felt inarticulate, unable to convey a conviction that was bone deep, no, soul deep within him. He looked into Grace's eyes, searching for... The strident tone of Grace's phone broke the moment, making them both jump. He thought Grace was going to curse, but a glance at the screen and she hit the accept key.

"They saved her leg!" Kathy's voice pealed from the speaker. "She's going to be alright! I've got more calls to make, but thank you. Thank you both for what you did."

"Well," Ryan said as the line went dead, "That's great news. It seems like you're good luck Grace. I think I'll have to keep you."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Untimely interruption, but good news! )

"I didn't run you over!" she laughed. "I barely bumped you. But I can say that I am glad I did.." If she hadn't, she wouldn't have felt that electric jolt, and they probably wouldn't be standing where they are right now. She leaned into his side as he pulled her in close, her own arm going around his waist to rest a hand lightly on his hip. "And believe me, you definitely influenced my inspiration a lot these past few days." She gestured towards a few canvases that were propped up against windows. "Those are a lot less... dark.. than what I usually do." Against the windows were two paintings, each in a brighter light than every canvas before. Ryan and Grace were not the subjects this time, but it was clear that she had some sort of awakening during their time together.

Grace thought for a moment, processing his words. "It's as if alone, we were both just flowers waiting to bloom. Now that we've found each other, we've blossomed. Still the same, yet more beautiful, bright, alive." Her eyes looked up at Ryan, taking in his expressions. She felt confused with all the emotions circling so suddenly, but none of it was frightening. In fact, it was exhilarating. It was true. She felt so alive now with Ryan. It was like she had found purpose in him for herself. It sounded cliché, but it was true.

Pulling her from her thoughts was a ringing from the pocket of her sweats. She pulled it out and answered, and to her surprise it was Kathy who was happily delivering good news about Sarah. And before a 'you're welcome' could be said, Kathy was gone in a flash. Grace smiled, tucking her phone back into her pocket.

"Good luck? I don't think so. But I'm glad you're considering keeping me. I suppose I should have mentioned beforehand that I have a strict 'no return' policy. You're kinda stuck with me now." Grace gave a slight shrug, laughing quietly. Of course, should Ryan choose to leave her, she wouldn't fight to keep him against his will, but she would be rather devastated. "Just remember, if you plan on being a heart breaker, I've got a whole town backing me." A small smirk appeared on her lips as she spoke, her eyes looking back up at Ryan. "Not to threaten you, but I'm threatening you."

Tarmagon Tarmagon

"Never," Ryan said in a mock serious tone, leaning down to nip at the top of one of Grace's ears, "Ever." Nip. "Ever." Nip,this time at the side of her neck. "Threaten your Alpha."

Ryan sat, right in the middle of the sea of canvases, and pulled Grace down, gently but firmly, to sit with him. He took both her hands in his, starting into those captivating eyes for a moment before he spoke. His words were soft, sincere, and held the conviction of absolute belief.

"I promise that I will never knowingly hurt you Grace. I might, but it will be from ignorance, not malice. I'm naturally helpful and friendly, I can't change that, but I'm not going to flirt. I'm not certain where the line between friend and flirty is though, so help me, don't get angry. As long add you're willing to have me in your life, you won't be alone. I also know that you're your own person, with your own life, but if, and only if, you decide to let me, I WILL keep you close. Not as a possession, but as a partner, a best friend, confidant, and maybe, in the future, a mate if you find me worthy."

Ryan's last words came out as a barely audible whisper. He knew it was too soon, things were moving too fast, but the words slipped out anyway. They had to get to know each other, learn the bad that leavened the good in their lives before they could, THEY could, make that kind of choice. No matter what happened between them though, Ryan's inner wolf had already judged Grace, and found her worthy. Worthy of respect, worthy of love, and worthy of being a true partner, a true Mate. Even if she declined his attentions, the respect and love would never fade, never falter. Wolf friendships also lasted a lifetime, broken only by death or betrayal.

"And please," Ryan said plaintively, "Don't involve the whole town, at least not all at once. I'll take them all on if I have to, to prove I'm serious, but that's a fight I know I'd lose."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Wolf would never knowingly hurt Grace, or leave her alone. )

Giggles erupted from Grace as he nipped at her, her eyes closing and her shoulder coming up in defense against his playfulness. Her free hand had come up to cup his cheek, gently pushing him away. "If that's all you're going to do if I threaten my alpha, then I might just have to do it more often," she laughed, knowing he wouldn't harm her if she did. Her smile was ever present as he pulled her down onto the floor with him. She held his gaze, listening to every word he spoke. The last bit, that came out more of a whisper than anything, had her cheeks burning. Did he really just mention the word mate ? With everything advancing as fast as it was, she never imagined that it would go this far. She had strong feelings for Ryan, there was no doubt about that. Had she expected for him to return those feelings? Absolutely not. Gracelynn had confidence, she did. But did she have enough confidence to think this man in front of her would fall in love with her? Abso-freaking-lutely not.

Speechless. Gracelynn was reeling in her mind, reaching for words. She didn't know what to say to him, really. It was a shock, it was. Gracelynn was a beautiful woman. But her tattoos and hobbies were often looked at as turn offs. Who else would want to share a house with someone who collects dead things?

Giving his hands a squeeze, her smile widened just a little into a smirk. "Ryan," she spoke, her words slow for dramatic effect. "I would really like it," she paused, "if you flirted with me. How fair would it be for me to be the only one flirting? Sure, I want you to actually want to flirt with me." She gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "However, I don't want you to feel like you're going to cross any line at all. I want you to do what your instincts are telling you. Don't be afraid to act on a feeling. If your brain is screaming at you to do something, I want you to do it." Gracelynn understood that he was a little clueless in all this. But he had to have seen a movie or two with a little bit of romance in it. She also didn't want him to feel uncomfortable, and not...trapped?

Grace drew his hands to her lips and kissed them both. "Be free, be comfortable, be whatever you want to be, Ryan. I will not judge you." Her smirk returned as she looked up into his eyes. "Unless you just up and leave me. And then you'll have a whole town judging you."

Tarmagon Tarmagon (Little choppy, but it's there. lol. Grace is definitely wanting Ryan to do what he wants, and of course she'll let him know if he does cross any line.))

"My instincts," Ryan said with a wry chuckle, "Think that you are as close to an ideal mate as I will ever find in this world. My intelligence is telling my instincts that it takes two people who are in agreement, and who know the good and bad about each other, to make such a decision. And that you don't make these kind of decisions after knowing someone less than three whole days. My instincts are telling my intelligence that it's being stupid and that I should hang onto you with all I've got."

Ryan gave a self-depreciating laugh as he shook his head.

"This feels like we're in some kind of romantic comedy or something. Love at first sight and all that. It kind of makes me nervous, since there's always some kind of crisis involved just as the couple admit their feelings for each other, and they spend the rest of the movie miserable until the last five minutes. And I didn't mean I wouldn't flirt with you beautiful, I mean that I'm naturally friendly with everyone. If I seem to be doing something, flirty, around someone like Sarah, or Kathy, I'm not. It's just the way I am. My wolf has chosen to try and win you..."

Ryan broke off at the sound of a clatter from outside. His head came up and cocked to one side, listening intently.

"Huh. Little trash bandits getting brave to come out during the day. Gonna have to dissuade him."

Ryan rose smoothly to his feet, pressing a kiss to the top of Grace's head, and strode from the room, pulling his shirt off as he went. Grace watched for a moment, then followed, finding the rest of Ryan's clothing in a neat pile right outside the bathroom. The sound of the front door opening caught her attention, then a series of ferocious sounding barks erupted behind the house. Before Grace could process what happened, the door closed and something went 'click-click' up the stairs. A huge, black wolf wearing what could only be described as a self satisfied grin climbed into view, heading for the pile of clothes. The wolf stopped in front of Grace and gave low 'woof', its tongue lolling out as it gazed at her.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Meet full-on wolf Ryan. He's housebroken.)

Gracelynn understood where he was coming from. This was all happening so quickly, and it did feel like a rom-com of sorts. She couldn't say she didn't feel the same way, however. She had never met someone she meshed with so well. Ryan seemed to break past all of her walls without even trying. The comfort she felt around him was unreal. It was astonishing, and everyone around them saw it. Kathy had called it that first night, and everything seemed to fall into place rather fast.

As she stood at the top of the stairs, she couldn't help but smile as she saw Ryan in his entirety---wolf entirety, that is. Kneeling down, Grace reached out and scruffed behind his ears, a small giggle escaping her lips. "Good boy, teach those little trash pandas a lesson." Her lips were wide with smile. She couldn't help herself. "Maybe later you'll get a special treat for being such a good boy," she spoke, her words light. Giving a playful wink, she stood to her full height and placed a hand on her hip.

"Now, go get dressed before you start shedding all over my house."

Gracelynn turned and stepped back into the art room. She looked around at all of the canvases before going back to the one that was practically 'showcased'. She reached out and judged the dryness of the paint before she turned back towards the door. She figured they had a movie to finish, and the art would be here when it was over if he wanted to venture back. Grace flipped off the light and closed the door behind her as she left. Making her way down the stairs, she hummed quietly to herself. While he got dressed, she snuggled back up on the couch. The blanket lay draped over her lap, and the bowl of popcorn sat on top of that.

All this talk about being his ideal mate had her mind running wild of all the possibilities. Of course, she agreed that they definitely needed to get to know one another much more before that sort of decision was made. But right now? Right now it didn't seem too bad. She was happy..with him. She went from being alive, to living, it felt. So many things had happened these past few days. And so many things made her want to never let him go. She didn't believe in love at first sight, but this was getting pretty close to being just that. That little touch in the diner had sent her body, and mind, into overdrive. And then things had just gotten closer and closer. It was scary, and exciting all in the same breath.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Shedding is a real concern.

Ryan chuckled internally as Grace knelt to scratch behind his ears. He had to restrain himself from licking her from chin to crown, but that would be, messy. And he doubted that Grace would appreciate having to wash her hair before they finished the movie. So, he collected his clothing in his jaws and sauntered into the bathroom, flicking the door shut with his tail. Sometimes, shedding wolf form could be difficult, but Graces proximity made the Change simple and quick. Ryan wished to be in his human form, and he just was, as easily as breathing. Dressing, he headed back downstairs to find Grace ensconced on the couch, popcorn bowl in her lap.

"I distinctly remember someone," Ryan said as he scooped Grace up, popcorn, blanket and all. "Bragging about their stock of lint rollers and not being afraid of a little fur."

Ryan turned, sitting down on the couch with Grace still in his arms, giving her a moment to arrange herself comfortably in the circle of his arms.

"I think it was a vertically challenged young woman," he continued, snatching a handful of popcorn from Grace's bowl, "With a remarkable set of tattoos. It obviously couldn't have been you though, not if you're worried about someone shedding in your house."

Ryan planted a quick kiss on the end of Grace's nose, then hit 'play'. "I guess we'll never know."

The rest of the movie was campy, cliche, and hilarious. Ryan was fairly certain he heard a chuckle or two from Grace, and he knew she heard his, but her proximity distracted him a bit. His hands seemed to have their own agenda, seeking out the wonderfully silken feel of Grace's hair, or sliding along bare skin, seeking direct contact. He managed to keep his hands in 'safe' territory, but that was all. The feel of skin to skin contact, even if only fingertip to fingertip, seemed to fill a need Ryan hadn't even known he had. Now though, just being with her sated a need that had been buried so deeply, Ryan wasn't certain what it was, just that Grace's presence filled it.

"Well beautiful," Ryan said as the credits rolled, "We've survived a tornado, helped a family and a friend, shopped and watched a movie. Not to mention granting me a glimpse into your Sanctum Sanctorum, and it's not even dinner time yet. What would my lady care to do with the rest of our day? "

readysetstalk readysetstalk (She did say she wasn't afraid of a little shedding. Changing her mind?)

Gracelynn rolled her eyes at his comment about shedding, though she was smiling as he had lifted her up and simply placed her in his lap, like she truly belonged there. She allowed herself to get comfortable, leaning back against him. "A little shedding isn't an issue, but I have a feeling when you're in full wolf mode you do a little more than just a little shedding," she mused. "I'm also not vertically challenged..." She pouted playfully.

As the movie continued on, she could feel his fingers wandering carefully. Every time he found a new spot, a smile snuck its way onto her lips. There was something about his touch that drove her crazy--in the best way possible. She was more than content sitting there with him, allowing his hands to roam where they wanted. Had he not been touching her, she probably would have fallen asleep. But the excitement and that needy feeling she had when their skin touched kept her alert.

"I'd say we had a pretty eventful day," she agreed, setting the now empty bowl on the couch next to them. She turned just slightly, so she could see his face. They had done a lot today already. It almost seemed like the day would never end. "Well, handsome, I think the rest of the day is up to you. Whatever you want to do, we'll do it." She didn't want him catering to her wants and needs all the time. He was important too. "So, if you want to go golfing, we can go golfing. If you want to go skydiving, I might take a rain check. But Ryan, my dear, the agenda is open to whatever you feel." She offered a smile, both of her hands taking up his, her fingers idly running over callouses and just taking in every mark on his hand mentally.

Tarmagon Tarmagon (Sorry it's short! My brain isn't working well today, and yesterday I had a crazy hectic day. )

Ryan chuckled as Grace commented about shedding.

"There was one poor kid who didn't absorb his fur when he Changed," Ryan said. "Whenever he turned wolf to human, he left a massive pile of brown fur wherever he Changed."

Ryan considered Grace's offer, though the gentle feel of her fingers on his hands, tracing the lines years of work had left, was very distracting.

"What I really want is an hour or twos soak in a hot tub," Ryan said. "Unfortunately, I don't know any way to make that happen. For all its comforts, my rv is still an rv, and I never figured out how to cram a hot tub into it. I seem to remember a baby grand being mentioned, mind if I have a look?"

Grace led Ryan to a room he hadn't seen yet, one his mother would have called a formal living room perhaps. The furniture was a little more ornate, and not heavily used, but there was a lovely little baby grand holding pride of place along one wall. Sliding onto the bench, Ryan flipped open the keyboard cover and tapped a couple of keys experimentally. It sounded in tune. Using two fingers, Ryan slowly picked out the tune of 'Mary had a little lamb' then looked at Grace triumphantly.

"Seriously?" was all she said, and Ryan grinned.

"Well, there's this," he said, and his fingers began to flash over the keys as the sounds of 'The Jellical Ball' filled the room. He wasn't perfect, there were obvious missed notes, but Ryan played with heart, making the occasional flub tolerable as the rampant excitement of the musical number came pouring out of the piano. It had been so long since he'd been able to play that Ryan lost himself in the music, letting it pour through him like it had so long ago, before. This time, the music kept coming, not even stuttering as the memory was swept away in a crescendo of sound as the piece built towards its conclusion. The final, rising run and last double strike of heavy base shook Ryan out of his trance, and he found himself breathing hard, starting down at the keyboard. Slowly, carefully, he closed the cover, turning to see Grace looking at him.

"Umm, sorry." he said, a trifle bashfully. "It's, been a long time, and I kind of got lost in the music. I hope it wasn't too terrible."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Musical werewolf, who knew?)

Gracelynn watched as his fingers danced across the keys, playing fluidly. Sure, there were a few flubs here and there, but to the untrained ear, no one would notice. She was truly in awe. Almost no one was able to just walk in and begin playing like that. Thankfully Grace had it tuned not too long ago. Otherwise this session might have gone a little sour. She watched, though, a small smile permanent on her lips as she listened to the music pour out of the piano. She wasn't even sure she could pull something off like that.

"It was actually quite beautiful," she mused, coming up behind him and placing her hands on his shoulders. "Don't ever be ashamed of a skill. I really enjoyed it. I haven't had someone come in like that and play this baby in a long time. I'm glad you were able to." With all her painting, it was rare that Grace had a chance to come in and settle down at the piano. She could make time, that was true. But she had other interests that took up a lot of her time.

"What all else can you play? I used to be fairly good at the piano, and I could play a mean saxophone in high school," she laughed. She took a seat next to him on the bench, her fingers trailing over a few of the keys. She played a simple tune to 'Take Me out to the Ball Game', or whatever the real title was. "And what other talents do you have hiding up your sleeves?" Gracelynn had shown him a pretty big chunk of her life. She wanted to know more about his.

Tarmagon Tarmagon (Slightly musical tattooed one.)

"That's really about it," Ryan said, his fingers moving again, drawing out a soft rendition of 'Leader of the Band' as he spoke. "I tend to play showtunes and songs from the late seventies and early eighties. I have a few pieces memorized, but need music for anything else. I don't consider being a good shot a talent, just a useful skill. My few forays into poetry are bad enough to make a cat laugh, so I gave that up right quick. Music was my... like your painting I guess, just not so creative. I haven't been able to play properly since... well, you know. But this, felt, feels, like it used to."

Ryans voice was perhaps a little misty as he spoke, but his fingers never faltered, finishing the song quietly. Ryan stared down at the keys for a moment, then something shifted. Neither Grace nor Ryan could really tell what it was, but Ryan's fingers began to move, and while his eyes remained fixed on the keys, his gaze was, elsewhere. 'Hold on for one more day' came drifting out of the piano, but different. This wasn't an upbeat injunction to fix yourself, this was a story of a struggle to get out of bed each day, to face the world knowing that things might change, but not for the better. As he played on, the story slowly changed, the almost dirge like quality slowly becoming hopeful. As the last notes echoed into silence, Ryan's right hand picked out a rising run of single notes and a minor cord, followed by another. The introduction was almost plaintive, but then Ryan paused, looking straight at Grace for a long moment.

"I think maybe this could be you," he said, then turned his attention fully to the keys as 'Dreams' thundered out of the baby grand. This song had no flubbed notes, no hesitation. This was a primal celebration of dreams chased, and lived to their fullest, and maybe, just maybe, there was a little touch of Ryan buried in the notes, twirling and twining around notes that brought Grace to mind. Finally, the rock anthem ended and Ryan stood, a little shakily.

"Woo," he breathed. "That... yeah. That took a lot out of me. Maybe I'd better take a break."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Musical catharsis? And hope for the future? )

Gracelynn seemed to get just as lost as he did in the music. She watched as his fingers danced over the keys almost effortlessly. She admired him. A talent to pick up and play the piano after years of not playing was astonishing to her. She gave him room to play as she sat on the bench. Within the music he played, she could see the story he was writing. Gracelynn knew that these songs were almost like a soundtrack for Ryan's life. Grace wanted nothing more than to embrace him through the struggle. But soon, it lifted. The mood of the songs changed, and as he spoke, mentioning her, she listened even more intently.

A small smile crept on her lips as he played, her hand going to rest on his knee lightly. When he was done, she rose as well. She held onto his hand and pulled him in close, allowing her arms to navigate around his waist. "I think that was probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard," she mused, those bright green eyes gazing up at Ryan. How did her life manage to make this change? What was in the stars that led her to this very moment? This moment of pure bliss was such a different path than she had ever imagined for herself.

As she leaned her body into his, she rested her head against his (lower) chest, and breathed in deeply, taking in his scent. "I don't think I'd ever protest you playing, unless you're feeling squirrely at three in the morning. We may have a little bit of an issue then," she laughed.

Tarmagon Tarmagon (I'm back! With a suuuuper rough post, but I need to get back into the swing a little bit.)

"No self respecting squirrel would be up at three in the morning," Ryan said with a chuckle. "Besides, I'm a were-WOLF, not a rodent with delusions of adequacy because I can out climb nearly everything else."

For just a moment, Ryan let his chin rest lightly on top of Grace's head, inhaling the scent that had so perplexed him, but that he now identified as uniquely Grace. Her arms around him felt comforting, normal, safe. Things he hadn't really known he wasn't feeling until he felt them again. Strange.

"Umm, Grace?" he asked, hesitantly, not wanting to upset or worry her, but needing the answer. "If that vampire had been an ordinary human, could you have defended yourself? I may be a werewolf, but I still had to learn how to protect myself and my Pack. I've, learned a lot in the school of hard knocks, and I don't want you to have to do it that way. Any physical skills? Firearms? Martial arts? Heck, schoolyard brawling?"

Ryan leaned back so he could look into Grace's eyes, searching for what, he wasn't entirely certain. The ability, knowledge? Fear, revulsion?

"And, if you don't, are you willing to learn?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Werewolf is worried he won't always be there in an emergency. )

The moment she felt his chin atop her head, her eyes closed and a feeling of home washed over her. Never had she felt like she was exactly where she was supposed to be. There had always been a lingering feeling of being unwanted, or that she just didn't fit in with the crowd. But here and now? There was no other place she would rather be. Right here, in Ryan's embrace, was nothing but comfort and safety. It was a feeling she wasn't willing to give up without a fight.

As he spoke, she listened to the words rumble through his chest. He had good intentions. Of course. Ryan was nothing but a big ball of good intentions. A faint smile spread across her lips and she too leaned back to meet his gaze. "You know, I may come off as a weak, petite human being," she started, her eyes connected with his, and on a much deeper level than anyone else, it would seem. "And that's exactly what I am." A small laugh could be heard, though she knew very well that he was being more than serious.

"I usually carry a can of mace on me, and I'm usually out of the shop before it gets too late. It's the end of the month, so I was trying to get some paperwork filed. In all honesty, I don't worry about being attacked..." Half-Moon Falls was such a...sanctuary...compared to the outside world. Although she knew of the risks, it wasn't often she carried anything to protect her. And martial arts was far from the type of arts that peaked her interest.

Finally, her gaze dropped, and unintentionally, her body tensed just slightly. "You know, Ryan... I'm gonna be honest with you.. Before I met you, I didn't really care if I lived or died. I don't--didn't--have much of a purpose, or a guiding light, or a want to really be around much anymore. This town is great. The world is horrific. I can't really say I fit in much around here, and I definitely wouldn't survive on my own out there. I've just been...floating along. Letting each day pass like the last, and not really wanting much out of the future. Mentally, I was okay with not being...alive..."

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Grace gets deep in her feelings. ))

Ryan didn't miss the tension in Grace as she spoke, didn't miss the, apathy? that her words held. For a single moment, he knew despair, but then his mind brought some of Grace's words to the front of his mind. Didn't, before, was. Past tense, all of them. He understood about surviving versus living, going through the motions because it was, easier. Sleepwalking through life was safe, being awake meant you could feel, which meant you could be hurt. Wordlessly he scooped Grace into his arms, picking her up and cradling her against his chest as he walked back to the couch. What he wanted to do, what his wolf wanted to do, was walk up the stairs, spend the rest of today and every day after proving to Grace how special she was. Instead he settled on the couch before loosening his grip on Grace, letting her choose whether to remain in his arms or to slide away.

"I'm glad you said didn't, not don't," he said softly. "And while you may be petite, I know you're not weak. Maybe you got a little lost somewhere, I know I certainly did, but we're here, now. We're going to change, grow, see good times and bad, support and protect each other. Our past experiences helped shape us, but they don't have to define our futures. I'd like to see the future... now. I'd like to see it with you, so I, for one, very much care whether you live or die."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Nope, Grace doesn't get to go there anymore. Nuh uh. Nope. She's stuck with the werewolf. )

The moment he lifted her off her feet, her eyes closed and she nuzzled her face into his chest. This wasn't something she has expressed to anyone before, and it was frightening to have it out in the opening now. She trusted Ryan, without a doubt. But people worried when they knew saddening things like this. Gracelynn didn't want Ryan to worry about her. She was here now, living. Those thoughts were of the past, and as he said, she was ready to see what the future held for them. She wanted nothing more than to spend her days with him.

As he sat on the couch, she kept herself where he had placed her. She kept her face close to his neck. Gracelynn was embarrassed, really, to have admitted such thoughts and feelings to openly. Mental health had always been an issue with her, and depression usually got the best of her. There were times she wasn't sure she'd make it. But here she was; the happiest she had ever been, right here, in his arms. She reached around him and hugged herself closer to his body. Small, warm tears seemed to make their way to his shirt and a small sniffle could be heard from Grace.

"Thank you," she spoke, her words barely audible to the human ear. "I'm glad I'm still here. And I'm extremely glad we found each other.. You've made me feel ways I didn't know was possible. I feel like a veil has lifted...and I can finally see."

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Grace is in definite need of Ryan's positivity. And shes perfectly fine with never having to feel that way again.))

Ryan cradled Grace to his chest, feeling the tension, and faintly, through the Pack Bond, her worry. One arm tightened around her as he stroked her hair with the other hand. He heard her words as clearly as if she'd shouted them from the rooftops, and his fingers tangled into her hair, using his grip to gently but firmly pull her head back so he could see her face. He leaned down, gently kissing away the tears that dotted her cheeks before his lips found hers.

This kiss wasn't like the passion fueled kisses they had shared before. This was tender, soft, a promise to always be there when needed. Ryan felt the warmth of it in his core. It wasn't the heat of longing, it was, certainty. No matter how fast, how sudden, how everything, Ryan knew he loved Grace. Even if they were never, together, he would always love her, whether as a friend, or as a Mate. It wouldn't matter. Whether she felt it or not, it wouldn't matter. It was done. He wouldn't say anything, yet. Grace was in a fragile place, hell, so was he, and they had time. They'd do this right. However, a little mood adjustment seemed in order.

"I'm glad you're still here," he said. "And thank the Silver Lady you want to stay."

He smiled at Grace, his expression both impish and serious at the same time.

"After all, imagine what it'll feel like when I really set my mind to the task of making you 'feel new things'."

Ryan blushed, but didn't look away from Grace. For just one, fleeting moment, he let the desire he felt for this amazing woman to show behind his eyes.

"Of course, that will only happen when we decide, together, that it's what we want," he said. "But I'm looking forward to that day."

Ryan didn't know if Grace would realize all the implications in his words, but he did. And, he didn't regret saying them. Forget too fast. Forget others opinions. He wanted Grace to be his Mate. Time would tell if she wanted the same.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Wolf's got it bad. Human might try to resist, but the wolf's choice is made. Now to see if he can court his mate to be. )

The tender movements of Ryan's hands were so unfamiliar to Grace, yet so welcomed. She had never felt such...love...from anyone. Her eyes searched his face, eyelashes clumped together by tears, looking for what she already knew to be true. She could see it in Ryan, just as she felt it deep within herself. This was supposed to be happening. Everything around them, was exactly where it was supposed to be. Grace. Ryan. This was what was ever-waiting for her. This was where she was supposed to be, right here, in Ryan's arms, cradled so gingerly as she opened up her darkest secrets to him. Her eyes searched, and they found.

Slowly, her hand came up and rested gently on his jaw, her thumb lining his lower lip. She could see the reddened tint of his cheeks, and that's all she needed to confirm her thoughts. They had spoke about how all of this was happening so fast. Now, it was out of their control. It seemed like nature, the universe, whatever it may be, was drawing them closer and closer. Grace's body almost ached while he was away, wanting to close the distance and be close to him. As she sat in his lap, held so close, she was content. Nothing could make this moment any sweeter. Every word that came through those lips, she knew the exact meaning behind them, as she felt the exact same. She couldn't wait to see what the world had in store for them. She couldn't imagine even going through the rest of her life without him by her side.

"With how things are going, Ryan... I don't think we have much of a choice in any of this," she spoke, her eyes, still watery, looking deep into his. Her hand slid from his jaw and to the side of his neck, her fingers tightening just slightly on the back of his neck. Slowly, she pulled herself up to him, allowing their lips to meet once more. A sort of flame seemed to surge through her, and every inch of her being rejoiced in the union. Her lips lingered, and reluctantly parted from his after a moment. She pressed her forehead against his, still holding herself close to him. It was like a switch was flipped, and life surged through her. Ryan had already changed her life so much..

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((I don't Grace will refuse Ryan's presence. Not anymore.))

"Maybe not," Ryan agreed when they finally came up for air. "And I'm okay with that. We may choose to pump the brakes little, but I think we both know where this road is taking us."

Ryan would have said more, but his stomach chose that moment to let out a rather loud grumble. Ryan looked startled, then blushed hotly. He could feel Grace shaking with suppressed giggles as his stomach protested again, more vehemently. Giving Grace an apologetic kiss, Ryan set her on her feet then rose himself, starting towards the kitchen.

"Well, the nurse did say I'd need a couple of good meals to make up for that donation," he called over his shoulder. "Got any quick ideas before my navel decides to meet up with my backbone?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Ultra short, but I've been cooking ever since I got home. Enjoy the tender moments, because things are about to get, challenging. )

"I think the brakes might actually be faulty," she laughed, smiling up at him as he placed her on her feet. "I don't think anything's going to bring this to a screeching halt." Grace followed him into the kitchen and thought for a moment, shaking her head at him, however, at his comment about starving. "We can do something quick like cold meat sandwiches, or grilled cheese, or I have a couple cans of soup you can dig into." She pulled open the refrigerator and looked inside at everything they had bought at the store earlier today. "Hmm.." She closed the door and then went to the pantry. Most of the cold items had already been mentioned, or required much more cooking than she was up for at the moment.

"Believe it or not, I've also got a ton of junk food in here, if that's what you're feeling." Gracelynn pulled out an iced honey bun for herself. "You're free to choose whatever you want. I'm not super hungry right now. Kinda filled up on popcorn earlier." Grace walked over to Ryan and bumped her hip against him. "Let the wolf run free when it comes to food. I don't mind," she spoke playfully, shooting him a wink.

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Totally fine! Thankfully, I'm not ever expected to bring food. Mostly because I'm awful at anything involving cooking/baking. Enjoy your family and friends!))

"Right now, calories are calories," Ryan said with a chuckle. He hadn't noticed the shelf of sugar bombs, but the selection was, substantial. Grabbing his own honey bun, he supplemented it with some chocolate covered something and a bag of chips. In the time it took Grace to finish her single treat, Ryan had finished his own and thrown away the wrappers.

"I swear, I'm usually not this bad," he said as they returned to the living room. He sat on the couch, holding one arm out in obvious invitation to Grace to sit with him. "In faaaaaaaact..."

The huge yawn threatened to split Ryan's as it cut off his words. Graces comforting presence, the events of the morning, the huge snack his body had demanded, all conspired to let him know just how tired he really was. Even werewolf metabolisms had their limits, and he was still recovering from hitting that wall hard just, two days? No way. Yes way.

"Well, that complicates things," Ryan said, and even he could hear the sudden tiredness in his voice. "I think I need a serious nap. Any chance I could get a ride to my rv, or borrow some couch space again? The events of the day are catching up with me pretty fast."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Food coma! Actually, he's pretty much got to rest or fall out like he did the first night. )

Gracelynn threw away her trash and followed Ryan back into the living room. A smile crept on her lips as he held out his arm. She slid right in next to him, her body fitting perfectly in his side. She couldn't help the laugh as he yawned. Of course he was tired. Hell, she was tired too. She understood his a little more than her own. Although he praised her for what she had done, she didn't think it compared to what Ryan had accomplished today.

"You're more than welcome to nap here if you'd like. You can even take up camp in the bedroom. The couch isn't exactly that comfortable." She tilted her head back, gazing up at Ryan. "I'm probably gonna work on some art while you nap, so I'll be quiet. I promise I won't get an inkling for the piano," she teased, patting his thigh playfully.

Gracelynn glanced at the clock, noting the time, and then focused back on Ryan. If she paid enough attention, she'd have dinner ready for him when he woke up. Seeming how he always had food prepared for her, she owed it to him to have a decent meal ready for him. "Your choice, though. RV, couch, or my nice comfy bed upstairs. I won't twist your arm one way or another." She smiled, though she deep down wished he would just stay here and nap. Grace didn't want him to leave. She felt safe, and comfort, around him. That feeling she didn't want to disappear just yet.

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Grace opens her home, and bed))

"If I weren't quite so tired," Ryan said with a chuckle, "I might suspect you of having ulterior motives with that offer. As it is however..."

Ryan tapped the tip of Grace's nose with a single fingertip, then smiled at her.

"I shall be happy to accept your offer and remain here. Are you sure about offering me the use of your bed though? You've been through the same stuff I have, and there's no way I'd want to displace you from..."

Ryan cut off as Grace reached up herself to flick the end of his nose a bit more firmly than he had hers. The look on her face spoke volumes, and Ryan couldn't help but grin.

"You may have said you weren't going to twist my arm," he observed, "But I will admit that you didn't say anything about, expressive looks. I surrender, I'll take the bed."

Ryan allowed Grace to lead him upstairs to the room he had seen so briefly. Yes, it definitely said 'Grace' all over it. Dark shades, lamp covers, even a black comforter on the spacious bed. Ryan actually felt a pang of, he wasn't quite certain what the emotion was, but the thought of Grace all alone left him, disquieted.

"You know," he said as he pulled off his boots and sat on the remarkably soft bed, "I could just wolf out and curl up by your feet, but I have to admit that this is a lot softer than the floor."

Grace just gave an amused snort and waved as she left the doorway, presumably heading to her art room. Ryan could have followed her progress with his hearing, but the bed was so soft, smelling of Grace, and he was so tired. He was asleep before Grace made it to her studio, tumbling into dreams dominated by green eyes and soft, soft lips.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Werewolf accepts Grace's generous offer. He really didn't want to go to his rv, but a gentleman and all that.)

Gracelynn was more than happy to allow him to sleep in the comfort of her bed. Would she like to crawl into bed and curl up next to him? Absolutely. But with the whole, 'let's not rush' thing they were trying to do, she figured that was for another day. She glanced over her shoulder at him as she left the room, a sense of...right...washing over her. This was just how it was supposed to be. Sighing softly, she took up shop in her little studio.

A new canvas was selected, and Gracelynn filled up a palette with various colors. She shuffled around a few paintings on the floor to clear a spot for her to work. Instead of using an easel, Gracelynn sat on the floor, canvas on her lap, and paint and water nearby on a small coffee table--which surprisingly wasn't covered in paintings. The next hour or so, Gracelynn spent her time priming the canvas and outlining her ideas. Most of the paint used was of a darker shade as she worked to convey the tornado they had experienced earlier this morning. By the time she realized it was nearing dinner time, she had a rough base and many, many details were needed.

"Well, shoot," she mumbled, taking note that she had been in there just a little longer than she had originally planned. Leaving her things exactly where they were on the floor, a paint covered Grace quietly made her way down the stairs and to the kitchen.

Pulling out a large pot, Gracelynn filled it with water and placed it on the stove, turning the burner up as high as it would go. Humming quietly, she continued to prepare a meal for the two of them. It had been a while since she'd made spaghetti from scratch, and she sure as hell hoped he liked it. There was enough spaghetti here to feed an army by the time she finished. She hummed as she worked, making meatballs, making the garlic bread, and making sure her noodles didn't turn into a giant pile of noodle-cement. Gracelynn wasn't the greatest cook there was, but when she tried, she put her all into it.

Grace pulled out a table cloth and draped it over her kitchen table. She sat their plates and silverware up and then disappeared to the living room, soon returning with a bottle of red wine. Placing two wine glasses on the table as well, she couldn't help but smile to herself. It had been so long since she'd cooked for anyone. Cooking for Ryan seemed to make it all the sweeter.

Once the table was set, the spaghetti was in a proper dish--well, most of it--and everything looking picture perfect, and complete with candles, she placed her hands on her hips and smiled to herself. "I do believe you've outdone yourself, Grace," she laughed. Turning, she made her way back up the stairs and down the hallway to her bedroom, where Ryan lay napping. Surely, he wouldn't be bothered if she woke him up for food, right?

Tiptoeing into the room, she made her way over to him. Her body seemed to hum happily as she got closer and closer. For a moment, she just watched him sleep. So peaceful. So at ease. Who was she, anymore? Allowing a man she'd just met, to sleep in her bed? To eat all of her food without the bat of an eye? It was all crazy, but Gracelynn was living for it. She reached out, her fingertips brushing his hair back off his forehead, before she gently cupped his cheek. Leaning down, she placed a gentle kiss to his lips.

"Hey, Ryan," she spoke, her thumb stroking his cheek, "dinner's done, and I hope you're starving." Her voice had been soft, nearly a whisper, though she knew he had to have heard her. Green eyes scanned his face, a smile seemingly permanent. She leaned down again, this time placing a kiss to his forehead.

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Grace will just have to break him of being such a gentleman in due time ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back