• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Complications || Detailed Modern Fantasy

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
Complications
Many things can cause life to be, for lack of a better word, complicated. Some people have too much piled onto their metaphorical plate with school, work and other commitments. Others are fighting wars both with physical armaments and words over politics and religious beliefs. It's even safe to say that someone not having some type of struggles, even in moderation, simply wouldn't exist for that's the bitter truth of the world we inhabit. But... what if this 'complication' was something much larger than a trip to the hospital or even marriage dispute. What if it was something so unexpected and strange that it seemed next to impossible to occur?

That, my dear reader, is what befell these few friends.

They were close. Meeting within their freshman year of a college they all attended and sticking close together even if they didn't always see eye-to-eye. They were akin to a family, even when they all graduated moving into the same house in which they shared the monthly cost of rent. They kept a low profile, and didn't both anyone else, seemingly invisible to the world.

That is until someone took notice.

This someone was of the devious sort, looking to tamper with the world in ways that shouldn't ever be done. Yet still he did, inviting the lot over for a few drinks and some "catching up" so he could set his plan in motion.

Information
So... the basic idea is that there are a group of young adults living together cause they bonded in college, and an old friend of theirs (maybe they were ousted from the group and want revenge) wants to meet up for old time's sake. Not seeing a reason not to, they'll go and have a great time. But low and behold he spiked all their drinks with a certain little elixir that's gonna turn them whatever supernatural creature their roll aligns with. Original? Fuck no. Am I bored? Fuck yeah. Do I need plot ideas from there? OH GOD YES PLEASE.

This'll be a detailed group so I want 2 paragraphs per decent post. Once a day would be a dream but I'll be fine with once every two-three days. For those that have a legit reason to need more time I'll be happy to extend it!

Roles
This WILL NOT be first come, first serve. Characters'll be submitted and then I'll choose who gets what based on quality, what I feel will do the role justice, etc. I mean, I doubt to get THAT many people but just incase...

The Faun: Think a satyr except half deer instead of goat. They sport soft spoken personalities, large doe eyes, antlers, and furry legs with a cute lil' tail.

The Siren: Not to be fooled with their softer counterpart, they are to be messed with. While having a long tail and mesmerizing, hypnotic voice to humans, they also have long fangs within their mouths to help with devouring their prey.

The Wendigo: Gaunt, sickly, and otherwise unpleasant to look upon, they are normally humans who have been consumed by too much greed. They have an overall sunken appearance with pale skin, sharpened teeth on a protruding muzzle-like face, predatory eyes, claws, and a nice set of antlers to compliment the sharpened ears. They feed exclusively off of human flesh and are unable to digest anything otherwise.

The Fairy: Standing only about 5 inches tall with a pair of wings to boot, they are the embodiment of what ever young girl dreams to exist, usually having some fancy control of magic to compensate for their small stature.

The Nanaue:A shark with arms and legs? A LAND SHARK? How much better could they get, eh?

Interested?
Hope that this late-night interest check draws a few people in. I tried to avoid the more overused races as best I could. If you want in, just post down below. I'll be able to answe any and all questions you might have as well~ <3

Why am I not surprised that you of all people created this IC?^^

Last edited:
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Which wendigo appearance are you going for? The really skinny zombie kind, or the full-blown ungulate skull kind? I intend to apply for the fairy, but the latter kind of wendigo is cooler and I just want to know.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Which wendigo appearance are you going for? The really skinny zombie kind, or the full-blown ungulate skull kind? I intend to apply for the fairy, but the latter kind of wendigo is cooler and I just want to know.
From my description, I'd say something like this:
wendigo_for_the_win_by_inkswell-d9o2uil.png

latest

Great!
Just a few more. If you know anyone please be sure to tag them!
Actually, we have enough to fill all six known spots. (Five friends + one ex-friend) Unless you don't intend to play one of the characters or have more roles in mind, we're good to go.

Actually, we have enough to fill all six known spots. (Five friends + one ex-friend) Unless you don't intend to play one of the characters or have more roles in mind, we're good to go.
Yet I would like a bit more for this reason:
This WILL NOT be first come, first serve. Characters'll be submitted and then I'll choose who gets what based on quality, what I feel will do the role justice, etc. I mean, I doubt to get THAT many people but just incase...

*twirls thumbs*

By the way, concerning the Shark Person:
What would they look like in detail or are we free to try and work something out ourselves?

Concerning the fairy, are we using the Scottish/Irish version? You know, the one that torment people?
Nope. I was thinking the modern adaptation rather. Note that it wouldn't influence your character's personality so if you want to have a little shit for a fairy, go for it. :)

Since we're right out asking what the creatures we are interested in would look like, I have to ask, would the have to be all that cute? Cute is so bland in a modern sense.

Since we're right out asking what the creatures we are interested in would look like, I have to ask, would the have to be all that cute? Cute is so bland in a modern sense.
I mean... I don't think a Wendigo is considered "cute" xD

But if you were going for one that might have the tendency to look as such, no, not really. But I don't want an unnecessary horror show either. For example, if you wanted something grotesque, pick the wendigo over the faun. same concept, but one needs to eat human flesh.

I mean... I don't think a Wendigo is considered "cute" xD

But if you were going for one that might have the tendency to look as such, no, not really. But I don't want an unnecessary horror show either. For example, if you wanted something grotesque, pick the wendigo over the faun. same concept, but one needs to eat human flesh.

What a typo I meant to type The Faun, that's what I get for not proofreading. I might try for the wendigo since you're right, it is definitely not cute. I've just always been a sucker for cute horror, if that makes sense. I however understand the need for balance between characters.

What a typo I meant to type The Faun, that's what I get for not proofreading. I might try for the wendigo since you're right, it is definitely not cute. I've just always been a sucker for cute horror, if that makes sense. I however understand the need for balance between characters.
I mean, if you wanted irony, your character could be a hunter that was turned into the faun. They don't need to look cute but have at least the antlers and legs/hooves of a deer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back