• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Community simulator

Historical Storyteller

Four Thousand Club
I have returned.

+

The Questionnaire.

I ask you all to take time in answering these questions.

1. What kind of area would you like to live in?

2. In what era, from late medieval times to the modern one would be most suitable for you?

3. Are there any services you would want from the community?

I'd like to live in a rural area with many farmsteads. There would be a town a few miles away. If no town is available, I'd like to have a mill and general store nearby.

I would like to live in the 18th or 19th century, particularly in a frontier setting. I am willing to live in the late medieval times.

No services. I'd like to have my own food and water. I'll have my own tools and weapons. I'll even keep animals, the lot of them. If I need anything I'll just travel all the way where I can get them.

+

Charter of the Historical Storyteller of the 10th of February of 2021.

I must ask for your patience and the best of your charity, for I am running three interest checks at once and I am greatly burdened by the weight of it. The thoughts of things that could happen but do not is a weight on my conscience. In order that I may organize my energy in the most efficient manner possible I will devote one or two days to a certain interest check then move on to the next. To allow myself the liberty to spend one or two days on a project gives me more power to focus on specific tasks and thus I am much more effective.

In order that you should not be left alone to yourselves I will appoint officers over you. There shall be an executive officer in my place when I am absent. This one shall be picked by me and I shall bear full responsibility for the actions of the executive officer. And should there be technical needs (special knowledge) or administrative needs (to manage many people) I will appoint officers for this as well. I, as the leader, and the executive officer shall bear responsibility for the actions of these officers and so on. So may God help us poor sinners!

The executive officer cannot appoint officers on his own but can recommend them.

I must talk with the authorities on this matter.

Should you find yourselves waiting too long or simply wish to talk you may send me a Private Message as well.

At this point of time, I find these measures sufficient for the present and the near future. It is possible that with this alone we can sustain this project for if used wisely we will last a long time.

It shall be organized as this:

Tactics Simulator will be first.
Community Simulator will be second.
Adventure Simulator will be third.
The traveler of the middle ages fourth.
If I be present in a certain Simulator I will announce, "I have returned." in the first post or produce a new post saying that.
If I should leave I shall announce my departure saying, "I shall return." in the first post or produce a new post saying that. I shall also state the number of days left before I have returned.
At my discretion I will appoint an executive officer in my place when I am absent.
A list of active members will be compiled.
A list of officers will be compiled if needed. If members are included then we shall compose a hierarchy.
Prayer is strongly encouraged. I will provide a list of prayers.
I will rest on Sundays.

+

List of active members.
Not needed.

+

List of Officers.
Hierarchy.
Not needed.

+

Prayers.

+

Last edited:
1 - Perhaps a suburban area, it feels like a perfect midpoint between the urban cities and the rural towns. Though honestly either of the other two would make for a good story as well. Probably Surbuban area as my first pick, then the city, and then rural area.

2 - Modern by far. I couldn't imagine living in any other point in time, though if I had to, perhaps the late XIX century or early XX century (before WWI) could be interesting. Or the other option is right around the turn of the millenia, around late 90's and early 2000's, that seems like an interesting time period as well.

3 - Services? I guess everything a town usually has, like electricity, water, etc? Internet as well, and well, obviously it's important for there to be stores where one can buy everything you need. A generaly store, perhaps even a restaurant or two where one can go eat with friends. Obviously healthcare is vital, and it would be important for there to be a school for the kids to go to.

1. I really have no preference. My parents tended to travel a lot when I was younger so I can adapt to most surroundings.
2. Of course, modern first-world society. But if I had to choose any other time period I would go peak of the Tang Dynasty. Lifestyle was quite decent, people had rights because neo-Confucianism didn’t exist yet, and the country at the time was generally a nexus for people from across the world.
3. Trader Joe’s.

I have returned.

I don't think we'll be getting a city with only the three of us. Not enough people to take up all sorts of professions needed to run a city. We are more like a small village. We don't even have a church.

If we need a city our folks have to travel there. Perhaps certain members of the community work there.

I'll run the general store and I'll have a farmstead too.

Well, I do like the idea of starting in the early 20th century. We could be in America for all we know and have immigrants settle here by chance.

I have returned.

I don't think we'll be getting a city with only the three of us. Not enough people to take up all sorts of professions needed to run a city. We are more like a small village. We don't even have a church.

If we need a city our folks have to travel there. Perhaps certain members of the community work there.

I'll run the general store and I'll have a farmstead too.

Well, I do like the idea of starting in the early 20th century. We could be in America for all we know and have immigrants settle here by chance.
This depends on how many characters you'll allow us to have. I wouldn't mind taking over multiple characters and roles in order to fill in the roles we need.

This depends on how many characters you'll allow us to have. I wouldn't mind taking over multiple characters and roles in order to fill in the roles we need.

I'll consider this.

I wish to add that I prefer less characters to control and that more attention be given to their daily lives. This is the story of a community and the finer details of life may end up having more meaning than what may first appear. Should we place too many folks at once with few people to watch over them and with decreased emphasis on the joys and sorrows of our life on earth, it is my fear that all we will end up is a dull story. All I'm saying is that we should be generous to ourselves and to each other by first giving ourselves time to think things through and not burdening ourselves with too many tasks.

If we start small, and if we have patience, we can grow slowly as we get accustomed to the community.

These are my thoughts on the matter.

I admit that I never really considered running a city seriously. I did not invest the time learning about it. I have an idea on how to supply the food and water but I am unfamiliar with city politics and services. I am also not familiar with big business. These are some considerations I need much time to contemplate. And I beg you for a little more patience.

Consider that stories like these are rare and have value. It is truly a project where one must put all his heart into it as well as all the intellect given by God.

For not only families are here but communities, churches, schools and hospitals. That includes the local government, the police force, the fire department, the press and the civic associations.

I ask you, and all those involved in this story to take up a challenge they have rarely, if ever, taken before. This challenge is simple and difficult, it is to produce a simulation of a community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back