• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Combat Continent Rp

Yin Yang Warlock

Warlock/Wareloga/Oath-breaker
Hello guys, I'm in search of people than want to RP and make Original Characters in the world setting of the light novel and it's Manhua (Chinese manga) adaptation, Doulou dalu (In english Combat Continent). If you haven't read it, i have create with a friend the core rules of the world.

Novel Info:

Tang San spent his life in the Tang Outer Sect, dedicated to the creation and mastery of hidden weapons. Once he stole the secret lore of the Inner Sect to reach the pinnacle of his art, his only way out was death. But after throwing himself off the deadly Hell’s Peak he was reborn in a different world, the world of Douluo Dalu, a world where every person has a spirit of their own, and those with powerful spirits can practice their spirit power to rise and become Spirit Masters.

The spirit that awakens within Tang San is Blue Silver Grass, a trash spirit – useless spirit. Can he overcome the difficulties to reach the high ranks of Spirit Masters and bring the glory of the Tang Sect into this new world?

To see more detailed explication go to: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/combat-continent-rp.124786/#post-3301979

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend, shoould make a more detailed explanation of how the world mechanics work! :9 And give us some examples. Like the ones we made

Hey, you are the one than put me in the spot light. You are going to help me, too.

*coughs*

In doulou dalu all people have a spirit. Spirit commonly has two large categories: Tool Spirits and Beast Spirits. Tool spirits possess effects that can be used independent of the body. Beast spirits when employed, the beast’s power and characteristic are added to spirit master body achieving human-spirit unity. The spirit awakens when the children reach six years old. With spirit awakening, people with reveal his own spirit power. The amount of spirit power is extremely important as its decide one destiny. Some people would have no spirit power but those than have can aim to the top and become a title doulou

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to take an abstract from the Doulou Dalu for people to get the idea (for those who haven't read the novel/comic:

So basically, we've go this universe were people are born with a spirit essence. This spirit essence can be trahs or useful. When it is useful, people try to train themselves to become better with them: leaving them to combats and adquiring halos (which can modify their skills). Each halo can be obtained from a beats that has to be slayed and absorbed. This can only be done every ten levels of rank. This Rp should also contain slice of life, school and everyday interactions. As well as action, adventure, combat and romance.

I might be interested in this. What kind of RP would this be? Like simple, casual, detailed. And I haven't read the manhua, so this is new to me.

So, as Mr. Warlock said: It is mostly interaction of slice of life, yet we add some spices of some other genres to make it more fun! So we've got three people interested. I believe with at least five we are good to start

Okay. So I got the basic stuff down... I think. I'm on my 4th chapter. This is actually quite good. Thanks!

It gets even better! But like the manga, we are starting as 6-10 year olds, so there is a time for growth and interactions. We've planned to have time skips and time jumps

All those things are banned. It's more like playing like just spirit masters. Any similarities with the protagonist (Tang san, poisons, hidden weapons, other wordly abilities are forbidden) We mostly focus on spirit skills and rear guards.

No is ban for being to OP. Each of us can make or be train in any martial art. A blade is useless if you don't know swordsmanship.

Okay thank goodness. Ok. I get it.

So, no being OP and we can train in any martial arts, but no weapons we can't use?

More than no weapons. It is only use weapons you are trained to use, but no going for an OP or god mode. You know, basic stuff. For example. My character will be having knowledge in a mix of four martial arts

Sure. I don't see why not. As for spirit essences. There have been tool type spirit essences like hammers, swords, whips. so...you get the idea haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back