• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [closed] As the World Burns (Non-traditional Isekai/reincarnation RP)

Juju

PREY-FOR-US
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
As the world burns...
the summoning.gif
...stars fall from the sky
All across Aegisea, a brilliant flash from the cosmos announced the arrival of a new star. Like a second sun, its rays illuminated the land below in a cool, mystical glow. Even the cosmos seemed to stir into a dance, flushed out in billowy dust-clouds of pinks, blues and purples. It appeared on the night horizon for those on the mainland, but for those in The Land Beyond, it appeared directly overhead.

On the battlefield, smoke and the harsh light of wyvern flames had blackened the night sky into a dead, inky expanse. Yet this new star pierced through the fog of war like a lance. Troops on either side of the field raised their gazes in awe at the celestial display. Elvish magi uttered prayers of reverence. Dying warriors let out their last breaths in peace. Even the spirits and their allies halted their struggle to observe this unusual omen.

For the first time in hours, the bloodshed halted for one brief, fragile moment.

Then, just as abruptly as the star had appeared, it split into a shower of smaller stars. They shot down from the sky and left trails of glittering radiance in their path like so many silver threads. Once again, the battlefield was launched into chaos as this time projectiles from the heavens spurred them into action. A spirit pounced on a mage as she watched the sky, a knight took his opportunity to cut down a distracted opponent. And so the battle continued.

Two wyverns, once dominators of the skies, now swerved and dove to spare their wings from the cascade of falling stars. One, with scales the color of ash, was struck straight through its webbing and spiraled to the ground along with the stars, crashing into an outcropping of crumpled ruins near the edge of the battlefield.

As the star fragments fell to the earth they made small craters across the battlefield. A soft, pale mist rose from them.... and strange figures.

You were among them.

The memory of death was still fresh in your mind, or perhaps confusion as all memory leading up to this point was missing. One thing is certain; you are not where you belong, and if you want to keep this precious new chance at life... you will have to survive the battle raging around you.

An Overview
89bf22b4bab0bb8a6cfb45f0af66e067.jpg
As the World Burns (AWB for short) is a non-traditional isekai RP that has elements of both isekai and sandbox rps. You will play as lost souls who have been reincarnated into the world of Aegisea by some unknown force. Your character can be from a different reality, ranging from modern settings to sci-fi and fantasy, or they could be a soul native to Aegisea. Characters could have been a legendary hero, or just an average civilian. The choice is yours.

Characters have no idea what brought them here, and some may not even have any memory of death. Left without answers, they are thrust in the middle of a warzone in a newly discovered land within Aegisea. Even those born in Aegisea will have no knowledge of the land they reincarnate on. They will need to seek the truth if they want answers, but the most pressing objective is to survive the night.

There will be ‘main story events’ that are led by me, but for the most part events will play out as a result of character actions (mediated by the GM). These events will also shape the ‘major events’. I shall play as major NPCs, creating a choices matter/free roam experience. Players can also create lore entries and apply for NPC slots. Additionally, lowly NPCs such as cannon fodder, peasants, animals and other low-tier NPCs can be controlled by characters depending on the current scene. If you're unsure what counts, just ask me in the discord!

Character Interaction and Conflict
778367748fcb8a05a678cf7fc9a42e43.jpg
In a more free-roam setting there can be issues with characters being spread too far apart and not interacting. In AWB, characters are bound by a mysterious force that connects every single summoned character in a giant web. This locks all characters to a specific region, and allows every Summoned to identify other reincarnated souls when close to them (melee distance). Attempts to move out of the invisible web will lead to painful consequences.

Character interaction is the bread and butter of every RP. Period. In the discord there are several channels dedicated to character discussion and plotting. Players are encouraged to participate in discussions and just generally get to know the other players and plan out cool interactions or relationships. Lone wolves will miss out on significant events, so grouping up is a necessity.

PvP is allowed in this RP, which is guided by a simplistic stat system in the CS and OOC discussion. Players must discuss outcomes of their battles via OOC, and if no conclusion is made the GM will step in to judge. This will be rare, however. Draws or neutral victories are encouraged, as all player characters are generally equal in power. Player characters cannot kill each other, as whatever entity that brought them here forcibly prevents any killing blow from occurring. NPCs controlled by or allied with players can die, however.

RP Guidelines
fd686fef1be153e8a6e9e80648cbaddf.jpg

AWB Rp Rules and Guidelines​

OOC
- The ooc chat will be held on discord. Lore snippets and planning will occur here so its a must for this RP.

Inactivity
- Players who are inactive or have left the rp will have their characters written out of the story. There will be a plot mechanic for this. If you know me, you'll guess what this means.

Pvp
- Discuss with the player(s) before pvp commences. You will decide among yourselves on the outcome either before or during this conflict. If there isn't an agreement then I will step in as judge. Characters can fight but death is not possible due to a plot mechanic.

Romance
- Romance between characters is allowed, but always follow RPN rules. Fade to black is mandatory and all character chat should be PG. Any violation of this will lead to an immediate ban.

Dwindling players
- Ideally characters should be grouped into 2-3 groups. If any of these groups have too few members I will introduce a new wave of players. I will also open additional character slots.

Someone is taking too long to respond
- If it has been over 1 week and the other player hasn't made any ooc comment about posting, you can post ahead of them regardless of the situation or post order

Floods of posts
- There must be 3 posts before you make another (*see the exception above). Always give other players a chance to respond. Turns should be taken in combat or in dialogue where the other person is clearly involved.

Combat turns.
- When in combat take turns with every participant in your area (this is anyone involved in a conflict or event). If someone new joins they also must follow the turn order. The exception to this rule is on the occasion that someone has taken longer than a week. Their turn is automatically skipped.

Doing too much in 1 post
- Unless it's a timeskip or other unique gm posts, a post generally consists of a time period enough for 1-2 attacks/spells and/or a bit of dialogue. This also means you cannot move very far and you cannot make several actions in one post.

One-liners
- Making posts that are shorter than one paragraph is not allowed in this RP. Single sentences give nothing for other players or the GM to work with, nor do they show a character's response to the world around them. All posts should both interact with the world or others around them as well as give something new to the story. If this is not possible for you then this RP may not be suitable for your interests.

Godmodding
- Godmodding and metagaming such as controlling other characters (emotions included), detecting their thoughts/lies without any character skills in doing so, and auto-hitting is not allowed. While you can control minor, nameless NPCs, you cannot control the outcomes or actions of major NPCs.

Last edited:
This looks like my jam, I'll put it on my toast if there's any left

great to see all the interest! Ill send out invites to the discord server

Isekai RP sounds fun. Newer to fourm rp, but this sticks out to me. How would i go about application?

Isekai RP sounds fun. Newer to fourm rp, but this sticks out to me. How would i go about application?
I'll send you an invite to the discord, where you can ask questions and read up on additional lore. Then you can start making your character sheet, which I will link here.

Ohoho, interesting! Count me as interested :>>

Interested! (: I've been craving something fantasy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back