• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Clera: A Nation of Cruelty - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Oh! Question for you guys, there is a religious aspect to Orias in that of the Primal Court.
I can post the Pantheon in the lore if anyone was curious about it, and could be integrated into the rp more if that were the case.
As is, Gods would be mentioned vis dialogue only and rarely.

Second, I don't have a map made of the Palace, but I can post one of the countries eventually (as I actually gave away the copy I made). If people wanted to see that.

Hmm, I think it'd be best to wait a little after we begin in order to get a feel for the world around us, and then we can slowly delve into the inner machinations. I can tell there's a lot of interesting information, so I want to see it in action and eventually gather info as we go along! ^_^

Oh, I had assumed that the Cato that led the revolution was a guy so I just came up with a name for him. This name then being given to Magnus as part of the honorary title Prince Artys (like the princely peerage in the Qing Dynasty, Prince Gong, Prince Chun, etc.). I suppose the original Artys could have been a brother of hers that led armies and won glorious battles in the revolution, a war hero or something like that.

I think that knowing more about religion in Clera would be useful, especially since in rping as someone who I'm sure would bring up religion every now and then. A map could be of use as well. Also, what kind of environment is Clera and what technological level are we at? I think I read something about the clothing having some Middle Eastern and Greco-Roman vibes. Tbh right now I'm imagining some Ottoman-Byzantine-Renaissance sort of region.

Just a question—What are the characteristics of the Chiropteran countries? Just so I have a reference to work with for my character.

Alsoooo, while I haven't posted him yet, anybody want to have an pre-existing relationship with Malachi? It can either be platonic or romantic, though keep in mind that he is very much gay in regard to the latter. He's a smart bat-winged boi with a calm demeanor and a sharp tongue.

Just a question—What are the characteristics of the Chiropteran countries? Just so I have a reference to work with for my character.

Alsoooo, while I haven't posted him yet, anybody want to have an pre-existing relationship with Malachi? It can either be platonic or romantic, though keep in mind that he is very much gay in regard to the latter. He's a smart bat-winged boi with a calm demeanor and a sharp tongue.
I'd like to have a very much platonic relationship with my female character ^^. She's mostly bi, but I'd prefer platonic since she's very much a mom friend.

That'd be nice, yeah, so let's establish backstory first. Sooo, my character's gonna be a scholar from the Chiropteran countries, so how do the two meet?

That'd be nice, yeah, so let's establish backstory first. Sooo, my character's gonna be a scholar from the Chiropteran countries, so how do the two meet?
Hmm, I'm thinking it could be either at some sort of public event/gathering, or at a bazaar or the country's equivalent to one (Though for the latter, it'd be more of a stretch depending on if your character would be more likely to go to one.). Other than one of those options, what do you think would be a good place to meet?

Ineptitude Ineptitude you made the same mistake Thrushwing did, Heizen is the descriptor and Rousettus is the actual clan.
Other than that, everything is great

Last edited:
JAMN JAMN The environment is pretty much clear farmland with a few forests but not very large ones, more like a grove scattered about. It's often hot, hence the lighter clothing, and because of the lack of trees wind often sweeps around strongly.
Where the Rp is taking place in the capitol, so it's a rather dense stone based city with squat buildings. Even the Palace is more long than tall. Having two main floors and towers on its flanks.
And I'd say that time period look your thinking of can work, especially since Clera is *technically* an island/continent (think about its size like Australia). So, water.
The capital is in the heartland though, so the water nearby would be found in rivers and lakes.
(Hope that helps?)

PlasticBeach PlasticBeach JAMN put a CS in, and it's fine, and Meraki just put there's in- so, we're pretty much good to go.

Last edited:
I think people can give a starter from the setting provided anyways;
Avians will be attending to duties, so that could mean: sweeping, guarding, acting as a courier, fulfilling specific orders (later probably)
Wingless, servants would be doing similar duties to the Avians but more attention to attending the Nobles, as the cleaning and cooking aren't done by them (unless specifically told). Nobles, I wouldn't throw them into Court immediately, but once everyone has put in their starter I'll set a party for that evening (it isn't going to be lively).
Chiropterans fit with the Nobles in that.

JAMN JAMN The environment is pretty much clear farmland with a few forests but not very large ones, more like a grove scattered about. It's often hot, hence the lighter clothing, and because of the lack of trees wind often sweeps around strongly.
Where the Rp is taking place in the capitol, so it's a rather dense stone based city with squat buildings. Even the Palace mpre long than tall. Having two main floors and towers on its flanks.
And I'd say that time period look your thinking of can work, especially since Clera is *technically* an island/continent (think about its size like Australia). So, water.
The capitol is in the heartland though, so the water nearby would be found in rivers and lakes.
(Hope that helps?)

PlasticBeach PlasticBeach JAMN put a CS in, and it's fine, and Meraki just put there's in- so, we're pretty much good to go.
Okay, cool! :D

You can post
And that can be part of your character building; are they diplomats, were they forced to come here by someone.
Avians were most definitely forced, and Clera has been attacking some Avian countries- so war prisoners is definitely an option.

I can help if you're wondering if a specific idea is plausible.

So Malachi's like, a medical researcher, right? I just have a bit of trouble figuring out how he ended up in Clera.

He could have been asked to work in theor infirmary, in exchange for access to the Palace collection (not quiet big enough to be a library) which has rare texts.
It could have been a situation like "I want to know what they have, but can't afford the fare" until he was asked to come and the Palace offered to employ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back