• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Clera: A Nation of Cruelty - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Arcanimus

For of course, Out Of Character talking.
Here I will answer any questions about Clera, the parameters of characters and so on.

That is up to how many you think you can handle, I require that every character you have is well flushed out and is kept up with.
I'd reccomend a low amount, like, two.

Duly noted, I'll get right on making some appearance sketches too so it'd make for an easier process

Very cool, keep in mind that some groups may have a specific clothing choice required of them. (Avians mostly)
So you may want to ask about some details like that if yoir actually doing a sketch. Which is awesome.

Hmm, well, I mostly plan to use a wingless/human character, though I'm not sure if I'll add an avian yet as a secondary. Do wingless folk have specific dress styles that I should look out for?

You mentioned that the Cheropterans could fall into any class, so could I play a higher class cheropteran that is moving to Clera, or is that something that's unheard of in this world?

I'd just take the environment into account, hot (not dessert hot, but enough to be uncomfortable) and used to frequent rains. The higher class they are, the more light fabroc they'd wear, showing they can afford to purchase the good materials that don't suffocate.

Ahhh, makes sense.
Alrighty, I think I got the image I need for the wingless ^^ Is there a more Middle Eastern style to the clothing in the world as a whole, or is it European?

I'm sorry for the pause, I'm trying to sketch it out myself to see what it seems more akin to.
Texture and fabric type, definitely Middle Eastern, and if you want to model your characters clothing after it I'd let it pass.
But I guess to me, I kind of like the image of the loose roman like fabric over the tighter wear especially for the Palace.
But the pants, fabric type, and long loose feel, definitely Middle.

If that makes sense?
Not necessarily the headdresses, but if you want to include them, you may.
I hope that helps.

Great! I'll probably do my female in more of a middle eastern in more romanesque style, since it'll fit their respective traits. I finally decided to use an avian ^^

Remember that Avians are literally at the bottom of the scale in Clera, so the characters dress( as in clothing) would need to be pretty simplistic.

Perfect! That's what I hoped for, since a lot of roman garments are somewhat simple, so all I'd need to do is dial it up a bit more!

My only comment is that her title wouldn't establish her as a Cato, unless you wanted her to be a cousin to them of some kind-
I did that with Arria because she is a Princess of the family.

She could swear allegiance to them, and perhaps use 'Clan of Cato' without the official Terrere if that's the case.

I don't want to be picky, but misunderstood information can end up being an issue later.

But your art is absolutely beautiful, and the rest is amazing.

Last edited:
Hey, it's been awhile and no one else has created character aheets.
I can either bump it or we could make it work with the two you have and Npc's.

Highkey Thrushwing Thrushwing came from nowhere, glad your here, but was I surprised

So, if you have any questions about the species you choose and what it means and all that stuff, please feel free to ask
I'm glad to help

So my question was about the royalty. Was your sample an actual character? Or can there be a cato that is peace loving but isn't really involved (yet) in politics? I had an idea for a sickly cato. idk just an inkling. Arcanimus Arcanimus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back