• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Clera: A Nation of Cruelty - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
got it for the clothing. So lighter weight fabric for my male character (since he's an envoy) and for the female heavy clothing. She won't have a head wrap but she'll have heavy clothes. Would slave clothing be tan or black?

Sorry about that wait, my sample was an actual character and she is actual royalty. If you wanted to have a character that is blood-related Cato, they can be a visiting cousin in the Palace as the main family is already squared away.

And I can post all the clans in the lore section in a moment.

The colour choice on the slave clothing can be your own choice, just have it be more muted colours that blend in well, and knowing that for example, purples would be more common in the higher class because of how it's made. Clera is cut off from trade with other countries, so they're fending for themselves with their manufacturing.

Can I just voice how much I love that you chose a grandson song?

And, the former house were Harpeia's after the Harpy eagle. They could have been high ranking nobility close to the thrown though if you don't want to change the family.

Arcanimus Arcanimus I'm listening to grandson right now! I'll actually.

I'll probably change Desmond's house/clan of wingless to making them not Cato. Hell probably be from a noble family close to the Cato's. Although they support them and help eliminate opposers to the Cato's rule they secretly are trying to get themselves to rise to power. And they sent them their first born sickly son to try to heal him as the Cato family owes them a favor for Desmond's family paying for the Cato's building projects.

But I'll wait for you to put more about the families before I finish his sheet because although I have an idea for the family he comes from I don't want to intrude on your ideas for the established families

In my actual canon, most of my characters I focus on are low classes. So, if you want to develope a noble family for your characters- go for it. I'll just comment as you go if anything is against what actually is established.
(Like a direct Harpeian heir when all of the direct family were killed in the uprising)

And that evil plotting is just in the spirit of this Court so, good on you.

Alright, I've looked through them
And firstly, an EDEN song too? That's awesome

And, I find it kind of humorous that your the second to end up with a character from Theilor in one of my rps, thought that was cool.
Theilor is pretty barbaric, almost on par with how Clera was (and still kind of is), and hates the "impure of thought" so I think the fact that you're having the King be disbelieving of his son's actual illness- is spot on and I love that happy accident. (Acerodon is a specific bat that the wing type would be based on, if you wanted to know)

Zerad is also an interesting choice, they tend to encourage scholarship and have good strategists in their armies, making up for their more often demure size (based on the heron).

And for Castua, Moredwin is the family name, and they are actually really known for their fighting prowess "Even Kiasis [Goddess of Battle] respects the Mored's." And I like that the member of their family they sent away is the "shy one" it kind of makes sense, especially if he isn't there for politics in particular. Though if he was a Royal of their family, he undoubtedly would have been forced to take some kind of martial training. So you can implement that how you like, even as "He was creative enough to get out of his training via ____". Up to you.

I know I didn't describe the clans, so I wanted to add a little for you.
And the actual families in are; Acerdon, Egretta, Moredwin.
For most of them, the titles are the family name last, but Egretta is different for some reason.

Yeah, they are the Royal families
Other named families would only be loyal to the Royal Family but not be counted among them

Thrushwing Thrushwing
Only three things
1. Egretta and Skua are two different clans, you'll need to choose one
2. Gecynde is the descriptive word, Moredwin is the clan name
3. Theilor is the country name, Acerodon is the family.

I'm sorry if this is all confusing

We're only doing the Aves, Chiropterans, and Wingless this time around. Not opening of the species of the Barren Realms because this is going to be a pretty contained RP in the Palace ruled by the Terrere Clan of Cato.
And implementing the others would just make it too complex, and made less sense.
So- Avians: Bird Wings, Chiropterans: Bat Wings, Wingless: *gasp* No Wings

Wingless are in power, Avians are in a slave like position, and Chiropterans fall in the middle.

Last edited:
Thrushwing Thrushwing Sooo close, Afrya is the country, Bellicose is the descriptor meaning Aggression.
And, there's actually two canon characters from Afrya, Crelion (Royal Guard) and Beteyah (Kitchens).
So, cool coincidence.
But everything else is great ^^

I feel like I might have needed to read a book or something before I opted on joining. This is a hell of a lot of lore to start off, and we have yet to start. Honestly, it's quite a bit overwhelming as a prologue ^^"

Last edited:
I'm sorry about that, and there isn't a book to read, considering I'm still writing it

I really wasn't meaning to overwhelm

JAMN JAMN May I say, thank you for joining and attending to detail on your character sheet. I honestly have no qualms about it. As even though the technical original Cato was a maid, I did not explicitly say that, and this Prince Artys could very well have become known in another fashion. I expect you have an idea of what this Prince did?

And, the fact that the character is sticking with the old ideas? Very cool, considering I was mostly expecting more rebellious players in this hierarchy. But it's playing out really cool, (other peoples character sheets are apart of that as well). And I'm meaning cool in the way of "This will be interesting" rather than "Cool that they're promoting avian slavery."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back