• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Clashes Of Ilithan

She drops the jug, letting it clatter on the floor as she starts coughing, more color now to her sounds than before.

Chris sighs and scoops it up. "Cold? Anything else?" He says softly, genuinely concerned still. "I can get a servant to start a bath for you."

She waved her hand, "No. But..." She looks down at her bare but bandaged body, "What... The...?" She cast a sharp glance at him.

"... What's what?" He says with a nervous tone, his voice shaking slightly. Chris looks at the bandages nervously. "Uh..

"Don't stare!" She snapped, pulling up her blanket tight to her body.

"I'm not!" He huffs loudly and turns away from her. "You were bleeding and beaten. I didn't touch anything that wasn't harmed." He walks to the window sill, resting his forehead against it.

She lets out a sharp sigh as a gentle knocking comes from the door.

Chris quickly turns on his heel, blade held tightly in his palm. He stops in front of the door, pointing the blade toward it. "Who is it?" He barks.

"R-Room service...?" A feminine voice calls out.

Christina lets out a shallow sigh as she rumbles around for a few moments and lays herself down. "Come in."

Chris' eyes widen at her. "What are you doing? She could be a spy or something!" He backs up from the door and raises his blade.

"You're too paranoid." She sighs and shuts her eyes as a younger girl, around Chris's age walks in. She carries a basket that is finely woven and filled with small fruits. On top of that, her long auburn hair clashes with her dark brown eyes, her pale skin shining softly in the afternoon light. "I... I just wanted to give you this..." She blushed, extending the basket.

Chris continues to glare at the girl. He gently plucks a fruit from the basket, then hovering it over the girls mouth. "Eat it, please." His eyes stay cold as he looks at her.

She raises a brow at him, "But- I brought it for you two..." She blushes a little in his presence, her fair body practically buckling under his gaze, "W-Well... Okay..." She takes a bite out of the fruit.

Chris smiles softly and sets the fruit back into the basket. He takes it from her gently, setting it onto the table. "I was unsure if it was poisoned. I apologize, Madame. Please excuse yourself from my Chambers." Chris sighs with a low tone.

She bows her head respectfully as she turns to go, halting at the door as she turns around, smiling with rosy cheeks, "We're glad you're here to help us. All of us, we appreciate it." She then left.

Chris sighs and returns to his post at the window. His eyes gaze out to the twisted tree line, one hand still clenched into a fist.

Christina mumbles from her rest, "You know, you don't have to be so cold towards others... Why don't you go talk to her?"

"There is no need," He shrugs. "She's not a diplomat, soldier, family member nor a friend," Chris continues glaring out the window. "People leave and betray you anyways, there's no use getting attached."

"Give it a shot." She sighs before eventually falling asleep.

Chris mumbles, "I don't want to," Before he rest himself in the rocking chair, preparing to stay up and guard her throughout the night.

Avex would sit idle in the chair throughout the duration of the night. His blade rested unsheathed by the chair he had sat himself in, the fire that kept the room warm dying down to a pile of smoldering ash by morning. Avex sat in the chair still, holding his head in his hands as he waited for something to happen.

Nothing did as morning came around and Christina began to slowly awaken from the state of emptiness she had fallen into. The sun had yet to rise as the morning dawn was still an hour or so away, in a groggy and sore gesture, she swung her legs out of bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back