• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ActionJackson

Hello all, I’ve had this idea stewing in my brain for the past month and want to get it onto paper. I will only be accepting four players due to the complications of the game. I will be a bit picky about my four players that I’ll accept due to the fact that this game will be a bit harder to play than your usual game. But I want to see if anyone is interested in this game first before I get down to writing everything properly.

General Premise

Essentially, the player will be playing through the game as a civilization of their own design set in a fantasy environment. Players will not only control one character but will control various POV characters from their civilization with their ruler as their main character. We’ll start off simple with just the leader, but as time progresses we’ll introduce more characters for you to control.

Players will be able to aggressively attack opponents and NPCs, trade valuable resources, launch covert actions, etc. Players will also deal with events that’ll shape their people. Some of these events will be things such as the discovery of new technology or dealing with strange new people. These events will be a combination of fantasy-based events and realistic situations that actual leaders in the past have faced. So one player might have to deal with a zealous prophet trying to convert their people and another player might have to deal with bands of roaming hostile tribes.

Story?

This is not your conventional tale of a merry band of adventurers wandering the wilderness killing dragons. The story, for lack of better words, will be the rise of your civilization. The story will be your ruler guiding your civilization through various events. It’ll be like writing the history of your civilization from the very beginning.

Characters?

You will be playing as the leader of their civilization. As we advance in each era, you will get new leaders. However, that will not occur for a while. Your leader will be vital to the cultivation and development of your civilization to the next era. The leader will have to make crucial decisions that’ll play a rippling effect on your civilization through the ages.

You will also be able to control the various important characters in your civilization that you deem worthy of writing for. By opening up the other characters in the civilization as POV characters, you will be able to pick and choose what you deem as interesting to write about. If a player’s general goes off to fight a battle, you’ll be able to roleplay that general and get into the nitty-gritty action.

Civilization?

You’ll be designing a civilization from a fantasy-esque race. When I say design a civilization, I mean design a civilization from the ground up. Tell me about their cultures, their philosophies, their religion, etc. The CS (Civilization Sheet) will be a lot longer than normal character sheets on this site because we will be designing a civilization instead of one individual. And even then, I feel that it is not enough. But it will be a good starting point for seeing how your civilization looks like in the starting era and as we role-play through your civilization, it will take on character and develop a life of its own.

Eras?

We’ll all start off in the Stone Age and role-play for a substantial amount of time. You’ll develop your society and deal with various issues that come up. After a certain period of time when all the players are in agreement, we’ll move into a new era. Based on your decisions in the previous era, we’ll work together to come up with how your civilization progressed and how it’ll like in the next era. So, for example, if your civilization loved peace and tried to befriend everyone, you might start off the next era with many new allies and they might view you as weak. Or if your civilization spent time enslaving people, then you might start the next era with a huge slave population and be threatened by slave revolts.

If you’ve ever played Civilization the video game, it would hold a similar feel to that.

Setting?

We’ll play on the fictional continent filled with fantasy elements. Magic runs rife through the lands. Foul dangerous beasts stalk its forests. Ancient artifacts and ruins lie buried beneath the hungry sands. Barbarian tribes roam the plains in search of plunder. Strange fantastical minerals await eager miners. Altera is the name of this continent and intelligent life is beginning to rise. For millions of years, primitive life forms existed on this continent but now that is beginning to change. Altera is a land overflowing with resources and it's a perfect place for a civilization to grow.

Posting

Posting will be different from usual RPs. There’ll be multiple events happening per post over several dates. History stretches over a long period of time and it would be very difficult to RP it one day at a time. For example:
GM Post:
August 21, 4000 BC
Clavis, the head scout, hurried over to the Chief Bravios. He offered the customary greeting of baring his throat before quickly launching into his report. “Great Ruler, we have found a strange herd of creatures that wandered from the north. These creatures are twice as tall as our tallest warrior and there also appear to be small slimy animals clinging onto them!”

December 1, 4000 BC

The caravan from Bolvane has arrived with their packs laden with trade goods. Fruit and rare stones draw the eye of every tribesman as the Bolvane parade through the main path through town. Their leader knelt before Chief Bravios and held out both his hands. Sitting lightly in the Bolvane leader’s palm was an odd reflective piece of material. Bravios could see his own face in the material as if it was water.

Player Post:

August 21, 4000 BC
“A fine feast we will have! The great eye in the sky has truly blessed us this day! Gather any hunter worth his weight! Our hunters will treasure this hunt for years to come!” Bravios grinned savagely.

August 23, 4000 BC

Clavis, with his retinue, approached the herd slowly from the forest. There were thousands of the massive horned animals. A gentle breeze blew his scent away from the animals. Each footstep was as soft as a mouse and eventually, he was a mere two feet away. He gripped his spear tightly in his hands as he aimed it at the animal's neck. At this range, he was able to see the slimy creatures clearly.

December 1, 4000 BC

Chief Bravios picked up the strange material with his hand and examined it closely. It was pretty, but seemed limited in use. With a snort, he tossed it to the ground.

“You have done us a great service with these gifts! But I am afraid you are a fool for trying to buy peace with us with these trinkets. Your people’s crimes are too great.” With a snarl, Chief Bravios slammed his axe into the tradesmen skull.
Final Note: There are a lot of other details I’ll need to iron out for this to be properly ready, but this is just primarily a check to see if anyone would be interested in this premise. I am also not well versed with this site, so I apologize if I mess up with my code or something. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back