• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

H3LLJUMPER_177

Feet First into hell
Richard stood at the base of a watch tower, looking down at the large forest. His bright glowing red eyes scanning the ground looking at all the thermal signatures of people, and creatures beyond the wall. "Rich, you're free to go." said a fellow scout as he turned around, his eyes stopped glowing and he nodded before taking a zipline down to the street level.

The city was having a large bonfire due to the sudden cold the area was getting, Richard didn't have much of an issue with it, his oddity was that he's always warm and able to heat his hands up to melt or cook stuff. He's been able to shoot flames from his finger tips but so far, the flame size is that of a lighter... The bonfire party was actually quite calm, people learned to not get too loud, and if they did, the people in the watch towers would fire a yellow flare into the sky to signify 'caution'. Most of the creatures that are hostile don't seem to care about the flares. He made his way to where they were serving food. He stopped by a shop-which was converted into a home, specifically his home- and just stared out to the food. Looking to see what was good.

All in all, the cities current state was calm and upbeat, supplies were at a stage where they didn't need to ration, and someone was able to crack the massive vault in a local soda company-Glowy Green, basically the cities own unique drink-and find the recipe. Substituting missing fruits with ones that tasted similar. Sadly, Glowy Green is now Glowy Red. Ironically just the same color as ol Glowy.

The scouts are still working, and Richard has a small team sent out to find more animals for slaughter. Rest are enjoying their time at the bonfire, or enjoying their free time.

Elyse is walking through the night, patrolling around the edge of the firelight. not used to or comfortable with the noise and crowds around it. Her uniform kept her warm enough anyway. Seeing richard zip in from his lookout point, she walks over to join him. "Hey, you're richard right? I'm Elyse. Pretty new to the scouts actually, but have been In charge of keeping everyone down here in line. Just wanted to come over and say hi to one of my new co-workers ya know" She flashes him a radiant smile. She looks down, adjusting the hem of her paramedic uniform, then looks back up at him, still grinning.

Alexei sat atop a watch tower, her eyes sweeping across the dark jungle around her. Her sniper rifle was strapped to her back, as usual. Dressed in an oversized jacket and leggings, the cold had little affect on the Russian girl. Her dull grey eyes were partially hidden behind a thermal scanner she had from her time interning at the PD.

So far, Alexei hadn’t spotted anything on the scanner, and she was growing bored. Leaning over the edge of the roof so she could talk to her shift-partner, Alexei briefly caught a glimpse of something moving. She paused, but shrugged it off as the wind. “ Hey, sleepy head.” She whisper- yelled at the half asleep look out, her Russian accent thick as she spoke. “ our shift’s almost over, which means we both need to be alert.”

Richard looked over to the woman, even though he was apart of the high command for the scouts, everyone still worked and treated everyone equally. But there are still people around to lead squads and what not, "Nice to meet you too, Elyse." he said kindly, "Ya know, you can go enjoy the food and drinks if you want. Some of the powerhouse scouts are on guard duty tonight." he stated blankly, the stronger scouts usually are kind of loners, since their abilities either changed their looks to much, or they have powerful ones that require they work alone.

There was a loud bark in the distance as Richard leaned out a bit to see the glowing eyes of his 'dog' running after some kids, they were laughing and Devil seemed to be purposely going slow and acting clumsy. "Y'all don't tease him now." he told the kids as they passed them, Devil slid to a stop beside Richard for a few pats before continuing his chase.

Elyse replies in a slight german accent. "Oh, I'm just not very comfortable in crowds and stuff. I find it easier to focus and watch the crowd from out here. theres a lot less unrest these days, but for a few days there people were almost rioting. Old habits die hard I guess" She chuckles a little bit, and averts her gaze. "I would probably be in there, leading them, But most of them dont like oddities very much." Her face falls and her smile drops a little bit. "But its fine, I've held things together from behind the scenes, and now they dont need me as much. Thats why I figured I'd join the scouts." She forces a smile, and continues staring at the floor.

He listened to her, agreeing a bit with some of the points she made about the crowds, but the matter of oddities being not so liked, he looked to the crowd, "..Don't let those people get you down, we're the future, they'll end up being an oddity sooner or later... Any of them going a bit too far with how they treat you?" he asks, he knows Sewer watch needs more guards, so really this would be a good time to grab some people to put down there. "..Oh and uh, you want me to go grab you some food from the people cooking? Since you don;t like crowds and all, and I'm about to head that way to grab some steaks." he said, though not from cows, the meat that would be considered beef, tastes similar and almost twice as better.

enterelysium enterelysium

(I'm sorry i didn't tag you before haha,)

Her stomach grumbles a little bit. "Yeah, I could do with something to eat. and noones messed with me too much thankfully, I'm respected by too many people for that to happen. It just sucks that being respected and being accepted are two wholly different things."

She grins at him, perhaps her choice to join the scouts wasnt that bad after all.

He nods and walked to the food station by the bonfire, he grabbed two plates, his plate had two steaks on them with a side of mashed potatoes-one of the few foods from the old world that was easy to grow-, Elyse's had a large steak with a side of everything that was offered. Which was just, mashed potatoes, salad and a bottle of the new Red Glowy. He came back with the plates and handed Elyse her plate. "I didn't want to assume you love potatoes as much as I do so.. there's a salad." he said awkwardly. "So.. Care to tell me of any recent scouting missions you've been on?" he asks her trying to strike up a conversation.

She grins at him as he hands her the plate, and nods at his explanation of the salad. she averts her eyes again at his question, and mumbles "I uhh, I havent been on any quite yet." She clears her throat and says it louder. "I havent been on any missions quite yet. could you tell me what they're like?"

Emilia sits in the floor of her apartment, peering out her window at Sandan and all the people at the bonfire. Alone, like usual. She is dressed in a white tank top, and her underwear, relaxing.

She gets up to prepare herself a meal, she uses her oddity which is the ability to see 10 seconds into the future, to see what she has in the fridge. Nothing there really interested her. So she decides to go out, to collect some groceries from the shop near the bonfire and get some Glowy Red. She puts on her scout attire, but without the armor and bullet vest. An all black outfit with a scout logo on the back, to complement her white hair, skin and eyes. And so, she heads out.

She exits her apartment to the same crowd she seen out her window, ignoring it. Heading towards the grocery shop and bonfire.

She walks with her head down, so nobody would notice she is an oddity, always telling those who don't already know that her appearance of white hair, eyes and extremely pale skin is a result of stress, because of the situation. She is incredibly ashamed to be an oddity, but takes full advantage of it by using it even in the most mediocre of situations. Like to see what is in the fridge.

Exiting the shop, with a small bag full of food in one hand and a Glowly Red bottle tucked in her armpit, she sees the same crowd of people near the bonfire. She sighs, as she breaths out, her warm breath turns to cold. She decides to take the long way back to her apartment, and pay tribute to Ol Glowy. In her spare time, alone, she likes to go and talk to Ol Glowy. To scream at it when she is mad, talk to it about her problems and cry, just something to make her feel not so alone. She isn't sure why she likes to talk to Ol Glowy, even if it doesn't talk back, just venting her feelings to something makes her feel not so alone. The situation of Sandan and becoming an oddity is still taking its toll on Emilia. She hides her emotions from everyone, is quiet and just does what she is ordered to do by the Scouts.

While walking back to her apartment she makes it to Ol Glowy and notices a crowd of people there, like usual. She stands far from the crowd, but still near Ol Glowy and begins to talk. "Hey there friend, a lot of people here today huh? It's cold, but they still make their way here, I guess. They're like me, they don't understand why you did what you did either. Maybe one day, you can take us away from this place. You're our only hope, Ol Glowy, even if you're the reason we're here. The scouts haven't been calling me out to many recon missons, here recently, I just stay in my apartment alone. At least I can see into the future now, so that's pretty cool, even if I am an oddity, I feel like at least I have a pur-"

Emilia is interrupted by a man, fat and tall with a beard. He had overheard Emilia talking to Ol Glowy. Emilia uses her ability and sees a future where the man creates a scene because she is an oddity, the nearby crowd will overhear the situation and flood around Emilia. A situation she can't be bothered with. She starts to run towards her apartment away from everyone, you can hear the old man cuckling in the distance behind Emilia.

She makes it home, puts her groceries up, sits in the floor, peers back out her window and opens the bottle of Glowy Red.

"Maybe I should go sit by the bonfire, stupid rock never talks back." Emilia thinks to herself. Sitting in the floor of a semi-cold apartment room alone, can get old.
Emilia takes the final drink from her Glowy Red and heads outside.

She finds a spot near the warm bonfire that doesn't have too many people next to it, and sits down. Listening to the conversations she can make out among all the chatter. She doesn't have friends or anyone to talk to, but listening to strangers talk, is better than the silence from her apartment room.

(Introduction of the character to the story. All my posts won't be this long, just used this so everyone else can grasp my characters personality, oddity and appearance better!)

Last edited:
Richard sighed a bit but mostly because it's a hard question to answer, "Well... that depends on where you go, and who you work with. Most missions are just people going further out than other scouts, others are out gathering food. Course the former are for seasoned scouts, as it can be difficult to go out that far and know what you're doing." he stated, setting the bottle of Red Glowly on a ledge beside them. "Other missions include killing hostile creatures and destroying nests. That's the most difficult one out of them all, since nests are guarded by those things.." he stated

"But to explain one of my missions... About a 7 weeks ago me and my team went towards the large mountains, went slightly further than anyone so far, found some weird stuff..." he said and took a moment to compose himself, "..Found boot tracks, now, nobody has made it that far into the mountains and these tracks didn't resemble any treads from boots our scouts get." he admitted. "I filled a report but people are putting it off as probably some of our people who decided to leave the city to live on their own.. We keep in contact with them but the ones we aren't in contact with are probably moving further out than us... Right now it's a total mystery." he stated... "... I'm thinking we aren't alone here." he said, "..You think I'm overthinking this?" he asks her for an honest answer. It is a long shot, but who knows with this new place?

36e794f2f2e58f66c6ee0e25098ec842.jpg

Ian yawned loudly as he stretched his limbs from the position he’d been sleeping in. Lying on a chaise couch that had been set up on the balcony below their teams lookout roof. After he was done he looked at his shift partner from the side of his eyes as his trademark smirk made itself present. At the moment his eyes were dark as pitch but when he used his sight actively they would change to an orange glow of his canid fox which was only a small part of his oddity.

”Ahhhh...You're right of course.” He told her in a disinterested and almost patronizing tone. He didn’t have to keep such a careful visual lookout like Alexei had to because his canid ears would pick out the slightest disturbance or his Hindbrain instincts would warn him of something. Even his nose would alert him to a change in the air. “It’s almost the end of our shift already? Thanks for keeping lookout all the time while I get some sleep; teaching the civilians during the day really takes it out of me sometimes.” He gave her a slow sly grin then turned his eyes forward and slid his dark eyes over the jungle. Something caught his attention however and he immediately strained his eyes, the orange glow bled Into and chasing away the black. His permanent fox ears twitched as he focused on filtering the sounds of the night to what had caught his eye.

“Alexei, tell me what you see right there with your scanner?” Ian asked his partner, the grin gone replaced by a carefully blank expression and his tone changed to a careful mildly curious as his eyes slowly began to narrow.

welcome.the.miracle welcome.the.miracle

She is taken aback, nests? boot tracks? It must be bad out there. Her eyes widen slightly as he explains this. "Thats uh, Thats only a little bit terrifying... you could be right though. What if theres someone other than us here?" She gets a thinking look on her face. "I would love to go out pretty far with you sometime. My oddity would be really useful for that." She smiles at him hopefully.

As Emilia sits by the bonfire alone, listening to the conversations she can make out among the chatter; she hears two scouts talking. A conversation about... boot tracks discovered far into the mountains that didn't resemble any treads from any of the scout issued boots. A total mystery. Perplexed by this new information she looks in the direction she heard the conversation coming from, two scouts. She knew of them, but had never talked to them before. Richard and Elyse.

"Hm... Richard and Elyse. Richard has that thermal oddity and Elyse, a healing oddity." She thinks.

She knew that Richard is a higher up, not knowing much about Elyse, Emilia thinks she must be pretty high up too in the ranks. (Not knowing Elyse has never been out on a scout mission.) Tired of not having any friends and seeing this as an opportunity to make some and gain some interesting information, she starts building up the nerve and confidence to introduce herself to both of them.

"Maybe I can get onto their scout team and move up in the ranks, I'm tired of never being called out on missions. Things have been slow for me lately... ugh." Emilia thinks. (Not knowing Richard and Elyse have just met and are not on a team together.)

After a moment of self doubt and pity, she finally convinces herself to introduce herself to the pair. And begins to walk over toward them.

As she approaches the two, Elyse is mid sentence, "I would love to go out pretty far with you sometime. My oddity would be really useful for that."

Emilia jumps into the conversation and begins to speak... "Hey I'm E-Emilia" stuttering a bit.

"I'm a scout too and I overheard your conversation about the boot tracks into the mountains. I was interested and wanted to know more... I can see into the future, because of my oddity. It's only for 10 seconds and the future I see isn't guaranteed sometimes but, it's still useful. If you need another person for your team I'd be more than happy to tag along with you guys if you ever plan on going into the mountains. I'm usually sent out on recon missions." Emilia finishes her sentence with a small, shy smile. (Still not knowing they're not on a team.)

enterelysium enterelysium H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177

Richard was about to reply to her when someone else came into the conversation, a woman named Emilia. He listened to her speak and when she finished he paused for a moment, ".. Yeah I'll see if I can get you two onto my team, but the first few missions will be sort of minor, I need to see that you both can perform as expected or exceed those expectations." he replied.

Taking a bite from one of his steaks, right now he was more interested in the conversation rather than eating. ".. The first mission will probably be a few days out in the swamps, before we come back here to rest for a day, then head into the forest, and towards the mountains. After the swamp, we will be gone for a week or so... Can you two handle that?" he asks them sternly. "This will be a serious op. No mistakes."

Zero Two Zero Two enterelysium enterelysium

Error.jpg
Alexei waved him off, not trying to form words to reply to his thanks, she's too awkward for that. The blood began rushing to her head, and she was about to trapeze back into the lookout station, when her partner grew serious. As his eyes faded from their bright orange to a startling black, Alexei realized that the situation was serious. She nodded once to his request, quickly rolling back into a seated position like before. Flipping on the thermal binoculars, her power began to surge.

Alexei's form flickered, and she slowly morphed into the shadows so she could remain unseen. She scanned the edge of the forest with the thermal scanner, trying to pick up on any heat signatures. And then out of the corner of her eye, Alexei spotted something moving among the bushes. A crouched figure was trying to hide from the lookout stations, but wasn't doing the best at it.

" We've got a positive heat signature, far left. Hiding behind the large fern, i can't tell if it's hostile or not, or it's species." Alexei informed her partner, her voice steady and calm as she reported what she saw. " Should I track it through my rifle's scope? I've been trying to get the thermal lens on it so I don't have to carry around the binoculars." She continued, following the figures shaky movements through the thermal scanner as she spoke to her fox-like partner.

TenshuZninja TenshuZninja

Emilia finished listening to what Richard said, he wanted to take them out on a series of missions and monitor their strengths before heading into the Mountains.

Emilia perked up, coming out of her shy shell and began to speak, "Of course I can handle that. Swamps? Forests? Mountains? I'll have you know I'm apart of the scouts recon teams, I'm usually apart of the first teams sent out to survey a new area. I've killed tons of the freak bastards. I've even witnessed one of my squadron get killed and it isn't a pretty sight. I'm not the most skilled but I know my way around the battlefield." Emilia finishes her sentence, her heart beating fast, her face warm despite the cold weather.

It took a lot of social energy for Emilia to talk like that. Truth be known it's been awhile since the scouts have deployed one of the recon teams. They're just pawns, or at least that's how Emilia sees them.

enterelysium enterelysium H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177

Elyse listens intently to what richard has to say, soaking up all information like a sponge.

Hell yes. finally a chance to get out there, and possibly make some friends along the way. that richard guys pretty cute too..... and his dog? how the hell did he get a pup like that?

Elyse grins. "You wont regret it richard." She rolls her shoulders, and balances on the balls of her feet. "I'm excited to work with ya! You too other girl! Whats your name?" Her overbearing excitable personality, coming out full force.

As Emilia sits by the bonfire alone, listening to the conversations she can make out among the chatter; she hears two scouts talking. A conversation about... boot tracks discovered far into the mountains that didn't resemble any treads from any of the scout issued boots. A total mystery. Perplexed by this new information she looks in the direction she heard the conversation coming from, two scouts. She knew of them, but had never talked to them before. Richard and Elyse.

"Hm... Richard and Elyse. Richard has that thermal oddity and Elyse, a healing oddity." She thinks.

She knew that Richard is a higher up, not knowing much about Elyse, Emilia thinks she must be pretty high up too in the ranks. (Not knowing Elyse has never been out on a scout mission.) Tired of not having any friends and seeing this as an opportunity to make some and gain some interesting information, she starts building up the nerve and confidence to introduce herself to both of them.

"Maybe I can get onto their scout team and move up in the ranks, I'm tired of never being called out on missions. Things have been slow for me lately... ugh." Emilia thinks. (Not knowing Richard and Elyse have just met and are not on a team together.)

After a moment of self doubt and pity, she finally convinces herself to introduce herself to the pair. And begins to walk over toward them.

As she approaches the two, Elyse is mid sentence, "I would love to go out pretty far with you sometime. My oddity would be really useful for that."

Emilia jumps into the conversation and begins to speak... "Hey I'm E-Emilia" stuttering a bit.

"I'm a scout too and I overheard your conversation about the boot tracks into the mountains. I was interested and wanted to know more... I can see into the future, because of my oddity. It's only for 10 seconds and the future I see isn't guaranteed sometimes but, it's still useful. If you need another person for your team I'd be more than happy to tag along with you guys if you ever plan on going into the mountains. I'm usually sent out on recon missions." Emilia finishes her sentence with a small, shy smile. (Still not knowing they're not on a team.)
(Earlier convo for relevance.)

Emilia listens as Elyse speaks, she asks for a name.

"Um I-I'm Emilia, nice to meet you Elyse. I hope we can get to be good friends." Emilia says in a soft spoken tone, obviously incredibly shy.

(Emilia knows of Elyse and Richard, though I'm sure they don't know of her. She keeps tabs on scouts.)

36e794f2f2e58f66c6ee0e25098ec842.jpg
Ian turned around to face Alexei and gave her a pat on the shoulder for a good job before strolling past her and deftly launched himself up into the rooftop lookout station and then atop it in order to get a better overview of what they might be dealing with. His eyes had little trouble seeing in the dark but the amount of forest covering whatever it was, was a good hiding spot. That is unless you were looking from above as he now was. He was finally able to see what the creature was.
570aa058b1357aa10481f394d15e9f32.jpg

"What the Fuck....It looks like an oversized mutated anteater. Though somehow I doubt its sniffing out just ants...." At this point the creature hadn't made any hostile moves, if he thought of that he wondered if he should let it live, then again it was way too close to their city and it was being creepy as hell just hiding there and watching them. Ian rubbed his chin in deep contemplation finally he decided to consult with Alexei. "Yo Lexei, Kill or not to kill?" He chuckled at his literary joke that probably no one but himself would appreciate.

welcome.the.miracle welcome.the.miracle

While Emilia was talking to Richard and Elyse she got a notification on her scout issued PDA for teams from Alexei and Ian, two people apart of the team she is on. Apparently they had spotted an unusual creature and wanted her to come check out the situation and use her oddity just in case to make sure it isn't hostile before killing it. Emilia can see 10 seconds in the future, so if it tries anything we'll know 10 seconds in advance and could kill the thing.

Emilia decides to wrap the conversation up with Richard and Elyse "Oh my, I just got a notification. Apparently members of the team I'm on have spotted a weird looking... thing. They want me to come over real quick and check it out. My full name is Emilia Thomas if you guys wanna look me up and are still down to go on that mission together later!" Emilia leaves the pair and starts to head toward the lookout station.

As Emilia approaches she see Ian on top of the lookout station. "YO IAN WHATCHA DOIN UP THERE!" Emilia says, greeting Ian.

Last edited:
Richard finished eating before standing up, "I'll go get everything arranged." he said when he got a notification, taking a look at it and paying no mind to it, "Elyse, if you don't have anything better to do you may come with me" he said before walking off towards the scout HQ, which was the city hall.

He was actually looking forward to the scouting mission with these new-ish- scouts, he wanted to see what they can do in the field, see if the scouts are recruiting proper people and what not.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, a humanoid wearing a suit that can bend light around them, stood in a tree watching the city, it wore a sort of night vision goggles, they didn't glow but allowed them to see what was going on, they specifically took to keeping an eye on the scouts in the watch towers, they weren't worried about the ones in the tall buildings that over look the forest. Every breath though, their breath could be seen, so they would take deep breaths before exhaling slowly...

Elyse nods at Richard. "Yeah, I really dont have anything better to do." She finishes off the rest of her steaks, and smiles at emilia. "You comin with?" She gets up and walks after Richard.

Finally, perhaps shes finally going to make some friends, and her first scout mission is soon! yay!

H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177 Zero Two Zero Two

Richard looked at Elyse, "What are your specialties besides your oddity?" he asks her, pressing to find out if she can actually handle herself, "Can you use your weapon properly and do you get tired after a mile of walking" he asks more questions. Usually walking a or half a mile can be tame, not too tiring but it depends on the person.

The town hall was lit up with small trashcan fires and torches, they have power, but there;s only so much an M35 truck can produce. So it's connected to important buildings like the storage house and reloading station. They were able to find a type of fuel to work with the truck, but they had to heavily modify it to accept the fuel. Main ingredient is the decomposing bodies of the freaks that attack the city, they put the bodies in the sewer under the truck, with a hose leading to the trucks tank. The things people will do to make sure they can have power. There's also solar panels but those came from other buildings around what remains of the city.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The humanoid figure decided to try and get into the city. Taking a big risk but they were confident in how their suit works. They jumped off the tree and landed quietly on the ground, then moved to a break in the makeshift barricade, they went through it and began to move around freely in a unspecified direction....

She looks conflicted "Uhh, I used to be a paramedic, before... this." She gestures around them. "I have some training with the ole pistol." She unholsters and aims at a trashcan near by, then reholsters it. "But mainly, I'm useful as a field medic, I dont spook easy, and I can take charge in a situation and keep people alive."
"If you're hurt anywhere I could demonstrate my oddity if you wanted?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back