• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy City of Magic OOC

Half thinking if I should post. Really just waiting for everyone to get their intro's down, then I can whisk us off to our first action sequence >8D

My next post in approx. 24 hours will be a time skip. So if you guys want to wrap up anything, or introduce yourself on land can do so before then.

Velkyn Velkyn

VYNIA VYNIA hijnks hijnks , you two may have to assume you joined up the group and have hopped on board, unless you guys can get in your characters and post soon ^^ or you could be illegal stowaways :O

Lekiel Lekiel Thanks for correcting me! I wasn't sure about it either. I was just wondering, considering my character revolves almost entirely around the church of Iolos, could you elaborate more about its beliefs and practices? I'm trying to find out more about their god in the Andarun forum, (and gosh it sure is a lot to take in, but I'll get there) and if there is stuff about it I just can't seem to find it. I know anything other than divine magic is considered heresy to the faith, but I'm not necessarily sure about the depth of the intolerance-- would it gravitate towards hatred or just distaste. I also was wondering (this is kinda an assumption based off of design I guess) if the church of Iolos had a particular hatred towards necromancy/undead or actually most of the classes in Vanharen. For the sake of the rp obviously my character will have to deal with his internal prejudices, and I would think it would make an interesting dynamic, but first I would like to know a little more so I can plot out my interactions and perceptions of the other characters--Thank you~!

Con-Amore Con-Amore yesss, a willing victim of more text walls!!! Opportunity to expand in the world yay!!! But i need to get my hair done at the salon like right now, and my dad wants to go for a movie tonight right after my work so ill just give you a brief.

The Church of Iolos has a particular hatred for everyone hahaha!! #haters but like any non one dimensional populace, this can extend from hatred, disgust, irreverence, ignorance, or idgaf. More towards the former end of the spectrum of course.

They see the vanharen as people who use chaos to fight chaos. Kind of ticking time bombs. Like the Bloodsworn, they believe the dead should stay dead. Deathknights and the mirani race in particular draw most of the aryans disgust; they are mindless abominations as far as they are concerned. desecrating the very land they stand upon.

Ill write more about the politics between the lands later :) and after reading it, if you've got ideas to contribute, you're welcome to ^^

Edit: also, i should probably explain to you how allegiances work within the Aryan society. For the benefit of Blue Aisle Blue Aisle as well

Last edited:
Additional lore. Optional of course.

Fractures Within a Proud Dominion:

To any outsider, and perhaps even to the common folk, the Aryans would seem like one solid unit, ruled by the Arya, God-Emperor of the Dominion. A well oiled steel behemoth, with a single head. Indeed they were, more-so during the days of its foundation. But centuries of relative peace with the other two great Kingdoms has allowed a rapidly growing tide of differing political powers, vying for influence within the proud Dominion. Behind its shining city walls and gilded palaces, multiple undercurrents of powers clash within the shadows, eager to gain the upper hand. Of the many, the two greatest political houses within the Dominion are the Golden Throne and the Arya, and the Argenti Sanctus headed by the Patriarch of Iolos.

Once a benevolent force of wise council to the Golden Throne, the Church of Iolos soon figured out that they held a significant influence amongst the general populace. With the Great Wars coming to an end, the Dominion like all other Kingdoms had to begin counting their losses. The brunt of the years of strife was borne by the common folk; many had lost much, if not everything to feed the Emperor's selfish conquests. Whispers of dissent grew, as common-folk saw that the welfare of the nobles fared better than the others. Led by the Patriarch of Iolos, the Church of Iolos saw an opportune moment to use their seat of power from within the Argenti Sanctus (Silver Sanctum) to push for their own selfish agenda; inadvertently wresting some control off a portion of the Dominion from the Arya. Though the Steel Empire has long since recovered from the Great Wars, the cracks from within that emerged have yet to subside.

**One will note that different classes of Arya swear their allegiances to different segments of the Dominion. For the most part, all classes swear fealty to the Dominion. This is denoted by "Arya". "Independent" allegiances indicate that such groups are large enough to act of their own accord, and will only answer to the Emperor in matters concerning the Dominion as a whole. "Emperor" allegiances answer directly to the Golden Throne, and are actively involved in carrying out edicts from the Emperor, even those of political nature. Those whose allegiances lie with the "Patriarch of Iolos" conversely, answer directly to the Argenti Sanctus. Other allegiances include the Dvara and Iolos.**

Edit: I realize I have yet to precisely answer your question on the Church of Iolos Con-Amore Con-Amore . Other than what is stated in the lore thread (namely the gif button, the segment on arya and all its classes) you won't find any other information. So if thats what you have read, that is about it. I have not expanded much on it. In essence, The Aryans believe that only Iolos is worthy of being called a God. The others are false gods, or lesser celestials. They also believe that once all of Andarun worships Iolos alone, only then can they push Chaos away out of the realms. That is about it. It's quite similar to the anglo-faiths in many aspects, and you have done admirably in depicting them those far. The Church of Iolos is lead by the Patriarch, and he uses Deacons and inquisitors to carry out tasks. There are many other roles and hierarchy within the Church of course. I'll leave those entirely up to you! But these are just the basics.

Last edited:
To be added to the FAQs

Q: Prejudices within the three Kingdoms.

A: Aryans are haters joking. Except for miracles/divine blessings, all other forms of magic is strictly prohibited within Aryan society. Zealots and Inquisitors are always on the lookout for any signs of the heresy, that is the use of magic. Those caught are subjected to various forms of punishment, ranging from but not limited to, imprisonment, bonded-service, and even public execution. It is for these reason, that there is an unfortunate few that find themselves greatly oppressed by the place that should be their source of protection. Though rare, it is not unheard of for humans, even Aryan humans, to find themselves displaying the makings of elemental magic affinity. Fearing the repercussions of being found out by Inquisitors, many of these families abandon their homes as refugees to seek Asylum within Bloodsworn lands. Even then, many do not make it across the border as they would have to stray far from major routes, often traversing dangerous wildlands.

In general, Aryans view the Bloodsworn as uncivilized pagans or even as wild beasts; which is ironic, given the fact that the Bloodsworn view the Aryans as savage, war-hungry, uncultured apes. The worship of the lesser gods is seen by the Aryans as pathetic, a sign of the Bloodsworn's inferiority. The Aryans believe that the worship of lesser celestials is the reason they have yet been unable to fully defeat Chaos, and that once the whole of Andarun bows before Iolos, Chaos cannot be defeated. Undoubtedly, this would be reason enough for the Bloodsworn to be crushed and ruled over. In return, the Bloodsworn view the Aryans as ignorant fools, with no respect for the many different life forms of Order within the land. They see them as having a penchant for war and destruction, with a hunger for conquest that would sooner see the extinction of the other races, than preservation of life.

Both the Bloodsworn and Aryans view the Vanharen as a desecration of the Order of Life. Preservers of the natural Order, the Bloodsworn see necromancy as something with the potential for Chaos, and that the dead should stay dead. Similarly, to the Aryans, the Vanharen are people who claim to fight Chaos, but are themselves dabbling with Chaos. To practice Necromancy, is to invite trouble. Deathknights and the Mirani race in particular draw most of the Aryans disgust; they are mindless abominations as far as they are concerned, desecrating the very land they stand upon.

**Note: Nevertheless, no populace is one dimensional. Feelings of distrust and hatred for each other is not a universal viewpoint of all the people within the respective lands. No matter how the majority feels, there are always those who do not adhere to the stereotype.

Borrowed the term "miracles" from Con-Amore Con-Amore

Last edited:
Blue Aisle Blue Aisle Somehow you managed to put me in Luis' shoes with that post. I now feel queasy, thanks! (Also perhaps because I myself feel airsick everytime I fly,so I can relate!)

Feel free to Roleplay the enemy and Calenfari ranger defenders as you guys see fit ^-^ (within reasonable bounds of course) Only npc off limits is Elheim.

All enemy are wearing nondescript clothing. Black leather armor or robes, with faces covered with black veils.

e1c6aba1877cac4976215d69beb34130.jpg

Last edited:
I can't write tonight I have to begin on another project, but I will be able to tomorrow especially if there is more to react upon. I say go for it if everyone's alright with it.

Also I just noticed that Gunrunner's post was a collaboration between Lekiel and himself, and I was confused for a solid day. Go me

Blue Aisle Blue Aisle no, no canons xD cause that would mean no skyships. Joking.

We don't have gunpowder. at least not the Bloodsworn. So any form of elemental magic is fine, or balista bolts.

Edit: feel free to describe hits and damage also, as long as we can keep flying :D

Last edited:
gigifdiih i forgot to check the ooc Dxxxxx

anyways im just waiting on con before i post :,))) hopefully it wont be too long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back