• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy CITRON: Cryptid Intervention and Response Unit

Discord or OOC chat?

• Total voters

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm sure everyone's heard of werewolves and vampires. They're two of the most popular supernatural entities out there. There're hundreds of stories that feature the two of them, most oftentimes depicting them as violent creatures who prey on the innocent. Others portray them in a more sympathetic light, being friendly or mostly harmless yet unable to anything about their nature. Some of them even showing them bitter enemies who stopped at nothing to see the other side eradicated. Everyone's also heard of fairies and mermaids and yetis and the Loch Ness Monster. But they're just that: stories written by some very creative minds hoping to make their ideas known, publish a bestseller and strike it rich, maybe even strike a deal with some major movie studio.

Except they're not.

They're real. All of them are. They're the things that go bump in the night, the creatures that lurk in the shadows, shying away from the ever watchful yet ignorant eye of humanity. Monsters, demons, cryptids, call them what you will. They've walked the earth for millennia, even before the dawn of humanity. Early humans cowered in fear of them, pleading for their lives as they erected vast monuments to deliver them from salvation. As time passed, their numbers dwindled and ours rose. These creatures became mythologised, becoming the stuff of legend as humanity forgot about its past, wondering how it could be so stupid and illogical.

And so, as mankind's knowledge of the world and technological advancement increased these very creatures that humanity once feared were forgotten, these days nothing more than campfire stories to keep horny teens awake at night, or bedtime stories that would have a happy ending and some generic moral that would keep young children entertained for days. Today, you've heard of all these so-called monster sightings that get laughed off, the eyewitness seen as the town lunatic or merely some guy seeking attention. The world knows that monsters are simple myths.

In truth, that's because we make it that way.

Enter the Cryptid Intervention and Response Unit (CITRON), a secretive organisation funded by the world's major governments, with operatives pulled from the best the world has to offer. Founded in the late eighteen hundreds, the organisation is devoted to the sole goal of protecting humanity from these monsters. Operatives pledge allegiance to no country or flag, but to humanity as a whole. Given essentially unlimited funding and state of the art technology with operatives from the world's best militaries, we intend to fulfill that objective, no matter the risk. We hunt monsters to protect the innocent. By that, I mean both human and cryptid.

You see, not all of them are hellbent on wiping humanity from the face of the earth. Many intelligent cryptids have friends and family, just like any one of us. Some are legitimately helpful to our cause, dedicated to stopping those who give them a bad name, those who tarnish their reputation. Take Sasquatches, for example. Contrary to popular belief, they are, in fact, a peaceful and docile people who wouldn't even dream of hurting humanity. Or the werewolves, most of which live in tightly-knit packs and try to live a peaceful coexistence with mankind. It's why we're allied with them.

But when we get word of a cryptid or a group of them that do pose a threat to mankind, then the gloves come off. We mobilise and eliminate the threat with no impunity. We do not stop unless the threat is absolutely neutralised. That way, we can be sure that the threat, no matter how big or small, will never pose a threat to humanity ever again.

After all, quite a number of these threats can pose a risk to all of humanity, and we've put down multiple extinction events before.

Why, you may ask? It is because we must. Mankind must not go back to hiding in the shadows and cowering in fear. While our exploits will be erased and our deeds forgotten, we will be dying in the dark so that humanity will live in the light. We will give our lives for the good of many.

After all, there is nothing bullets cannot cure.

- EXALT, Director of CITRON
oie_transparent.png

------------------------------------
Welcome to CITRON, an RP based on works such as the SCP Foundation and XCOM, but most importantly, inspired by this series. I loved the concept and decided to expand on it in my own way.

The RP itself takes place in an alternate reality almost identical to our own in the near-future year of 2021, and in it, players may take on the role of either a CITRON operative, an intelligent cryptid, or both. When I say 'intelligent cryptid', I mean cryptids with humanlike levels of intelligence and the ability to communicate verbally, such as werewolves and vampires. As the full list of cryptids is incredibly vast, we'll probably expect to see an incredibly varied selection of cryptid players. In fact, you may even form your own kind of cryptid, should you wish.

Now, the types of cryptid you may play as can vary, such as your typical werewolves and vampires, to the atypical such as dragons and hybrids. And yes, I will also allow beastfolk, which are essentially humans with animal features such as cat ears or tails. So you can sign up as an animal catgirl and I'll most likely accept it.

As for CITRON, since it is a secret paramilitary organisation with characters who were special forces, try to be realistic when you sign up your characters. You don't have to be entirely accurate, as I doubt any of us have any actual military experience, or special forces experience for that matter.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Last edited:
I'll probably start the actual thing once I get enough people to form at least two teams of four to eight, along with several cryptid players. I'll leave this open for around a day or two more to finish writing the lore and story.

I'll probably start the actual thing once I get enough people to form at least two teams of four to eight, along with several cryptid players. I'll leave this open for around a day or two more to finish writing the lore and story.

I'm interested 8n playing a cryptid ^^

It's still open will likely stay open. As for Discord, simply click on the link and create a nickname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back