• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Cities Never Sleep

Characters
Here
Other
Here

scroll

The Rebel

Kenzie

mood

Spicy.

Cave Rave

interactions

With Alex

"Pretty wild alright" Kenzie nodded in agreement, amusement clear in her expression. She didn't know what she didn't do shrooms more, they were fun and seemed to be the only drug that really put Kenzie at ease. She couldn't help but wonder if Mateo or Drew was here tonight, having not seen either in over a month.

Brushing the thought quickly out of her mind, Kenzie looked to where Alex patted and gave a slight shrug before lying down beside him and gently rested her head on his shoulder.she couldn't help but laugh at his statement "ah I think they'll be a while yet, tourist things take some time yanno"

Her eyes were drawn to the starry sky above them and the fireflies buzzing overhead and Kenzie's expression seemed to hold one of awe and wonderment. The water was no longer a priority for her, whilst she could hear the waves crashing in the background Kenzie no longer felt the yearn to go over there. For the first time in a while Kenzie felt completely at ease. She was happy.

Kenzie heard his next comment and the thought of being surrounded by bugs , especially since they were currently lying in a hole sent a shiver throughout her body. She could not and would not think about that.

Kenzie racked her brain for a moment for something interesting before a small laugh escaped her lips. She titled her head slightly up so she would be able to see Alex's impression.

"So do you think the colour green tastes like granny Smith apples?" The signature Kenzie smirk playing on lips as her eyes twinkled with amusement "and the colour red is is strawberry's or red apples?"

♡coded by uxie♡

송유민
song yu-min
tags
@purplecowdutch
Yumin stepped into the cave, on the look out for somewhere to put her bag. In the corner, she spotted a pile of jackets and backpacks, tucking hers under someone's coat in hopes it would save it from being stolen. She put her little purse over her shoulder and turned back to the crowd. What was she meant to do now? Well, it was a party, she was probably meant to dance... but the tiny bit of gross whiskey she'd stolen from her dad wasn't enough for her to be even tipsy. She was gonna have to get alcohol from somewhere.

She awkwardly made her way towards the makeshift bar. She didn't have any ID, she wasn't going to be able to get it herself. She hesitated before tapping the person in line in front of her, a nice looking girl she'd never seen before.
"Hey! Can you buy a drink for me? I can give you the money!" She yelled over the music. The stranger, already drunk, obliged. Score!

With her alcopop in hand, she made her way to the dance floor. It took some alcohol to get her into the swing of things but soon, she was dancing enthusiastically, arms in the air, jumping and swinging and spinning.

She drank in a similar way for a lot of the night, depending on the kindness of strangers who were too drunk to think about the ethics of buying a minor alcohol. She'd get her drink and finish it on the dancefloor, before repeating the same process.

Before she knew it, her walking was a little wobbly, she was almost falling over as she danced. Maybe she needed... a little fresh air. She stumbled out of the cave, wobbling even more as she hit the uneven sand. She huffed, simply removing her shoes and holding them as she enjoyed the sea breeze.

She heard a voice from beside her, turning to see Mateo. She... sorta recognised him. She'd definitely seen him before, but they hadn't spoken.
"Hello!" She responded with a cheesy grin. Yumin was doing... okay for now, thought she was defintiely drunk. Her tolerance was low so she hadn't actually drunk that much to get to this state. She was just happy to be involved, occassionally giggling at nothing.
"What's Molly?" She asked in response to his question, "Well I know it's a drug, but what's in it, what does it do?"

Yumin had never particularly thought about doing molly, whatever it was, she was just sort of curious. What was molly short for, anyway? Was molly short for anything? Would she die if she took it? Maybe she could take a liiiiittle molly... No, the last thing she needed was to end up in hospital and them call her dad. Ok, maybe she shouldn't do molly for the first time while in a cave. Maybe do it with someone she trusts, next to a hospital, maybe.
code by @Nano

Reuben

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Maximo Park

Apply Some Pressure

Reuben laughed, throwing a shot back and dashing the glass onto the table. Was she trying to get him drunk? If so, he was more than happy to oblige.

“Cheers to that,” he said, leaning back into the seat. “That’s a compliment if I ever heard one.”

Reuben had a slight inclination of where their evening was heading; the way Jodie leaned over the table as he talked, as if she were clinging to every word; the way he could feel her feet fidgeting beneath the table. He wondered what would happen if his hand graced her arm, or her hand, or maybe her leg. Would she move away? Push him off? Let him linger? The prospect of reaching out and finding the answer was a temptation almost too good to shake off.

No. He wouldn’t risk it. Not yet. He could feel the effect of the alcohol slowly starting to tingle, but not enough to excuse any rash behaviour. Jesus, Bonilla, sort yourself out.

He liked women, that was no lie, and usually had no problem playing coy or waiting for his moment to come. With Jodie though, there was something very unusual. As much as he tried to deny it or play it off, there was something increasingly insatiable about Jodie the more he saw her. The last time they slept together, maybe three or four months ago, they’d eaten breakfast at the diner the morning after. It was fun; they laughed about the shithousery of the rest of the city, talked about what they’d do if they had the chance to go anywhere else. Maybe Reuben fleetingly considered what a life with someone normal, like Jodie, could be like. A house, a couple of cars, Francesca and another pet to keep her company, no neighbours.

Alas, he went home to his apartment, and she back to hers. Back to reality.

He excused himself, getting another couple of drinks from the bartender. It would be rude not to acquire a few shots, too.

He slid back into the booth with the drinks.

“Drink up, hot stuff. Shop closed tomorrow? Eh, doesn’t matter. Let’s have fun.”

Reuben took another shot and encouraged Jodie to do the same. He laughed the sour face she pulled.

“Frankie’s missing you, y’know. She likes your treats better than mine.”

He wasn’t lying, and he knew Jodie was just as fond of Frankie as Frankie was her.

“You should come over sometime. I can make dinner. Italian, huh? What d’ya think? I’ll be disappointed if you don’t like Italian.” He added with a knowing smirk. Easy now, Bonilla, easy.

♡coded by uxie♡

abigail hargreaves

The car began speeding up after asking Graham if he was truly okay, Abigail started becoming slightly anxious at the speed, but didn't show it, concerned that it may upset the man more than he already was. It was as though she had moved into the back of the vehicle and let silence take the passenger seat, the window rolled down, filling the car with the warm night air.

"Did you know stars have life cycles?"

Abby snaps back to the front of the truck with the sound of Graham's voice bringing her back, she smiles at him, and then he quietly mentioned he was fine, that would be the end of that conversation temporarily for now, there was no need to push it any further than he wanted.

"Besides, there's stars to see!" He enthusiastically mentions to her, that's right, they were on their way to go star-gazing, in her haze of zoning out she almost forgot the whole point of the journey they were going on. Her smile grew bigger, and she finally speaks up, "You'll have to tell me more about those life cycles of the stars, you seem very knowledgeable on space."

The lights speeding past the truck slowly started to fade, one by one, letting the sky illuminate and become the main attraction, excitement begins to build up inside of the girl when she noticed that it had become basically pitch black aside from the odd lamp post that passed every so often.

Once they arrived to the park, Graham eagerly hopped out of the vehicle and began walking, Abigail jumped out as well and picked up the pace of her stride to catch up to him. While looking up at the sky, she could only point out two constellations, the Big Dipper, and Orion. Trying to keep up with the giant, she continued to stare while speaking up,

"If you had to pick one constellation, which one would be your favorite?" Her attention now turned to the man that was next to her, her smile gleaming, full of excitement to see things that she had never noticed before. This would be the first time participating in this kind of activity, and so far, it was quite enjoyable to get away from the city.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

Eileen

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Daughter

Mothers

"Jehovah's Witnesses..." Eileen repeated, quieter and more contemplative this time. Her fingers delicately leafed through the pamphlet that the girl gave her. How nice. The elegant cursive font on the front page emblazoned a message of hope and faith, almost nauseatingly optimistic. These people really did believe that this whole world was just a test to gain entry to a kinder heaven. "Why, yes. Yes, I do think I'll check out that website of yours. You wouldn't happen to have meetings in person? I do think it would be nice to get out of this apartment and meet people. You must know it's awfully... cramped sometimes, but at the same time it's lonely: just me and my three kids, since my husband's gone."

That was the second time in this conversation that Eileen had referenced her three kids.
In actuality, she had four: Bridget, Lori, Oliver, Ellen.
Her oldest two were 20 and 18 years old, young women just starting to get their feet under them and build their own lives. The other two, 15 and 13, were children. Totally under her protection.
Now, why would she say that she had three?

"I'm sure your church is no stranger to how hard this city can be, sometimes." Her voice dripped with sympathy. "Even before the storm, this neighborhood, it's... I fear it's just not a healthy environment to grow up in. These young people, they need our support. They need a community. I'm sure your church can help them build that, right?"

Her dark brown eyes once again surveyed over the pair of teens in front of her. The girl was beaming, clearly mentally congratulating herself on a job well done. A fish caught, a lamb brought to the flock, whatever religious metaphor the Witnesses were more fond of.

But the boy, Joshua... he looked petrified, all wide-eyed and pale and scared as a little mouse. Yet again, he looked just like Eileen's crazed delinquent son about to go into one of his meltdowns.
Without being able to help it, her lips curled into a tight frown, trying to hold back the muscles in her face that wanted to grimace.

But speaking of that situation, he had been quiet for quite some time now. It wasn't like him to just go straight to sleep after a disagreement like that... maybe something was wrong, healthwise, or maybe God had granted her a little peace for once. If he'd been quiet this long, she might have a good hour of silence, maybe even more. Maybe it was worth it to invest in a bit of a risk to make sure she had this little church deal wrapped up in her pocket.

"Would you two like to step inside for some hot chocolate, or tea? It's my pleasure."

♡coded by uxie♡

joshua jones

Mary's soul was afire with each passing second with this lady. Her smile only grew, her cheeks growing sore from showing such joy in this woman’s questions. “Of course!” She responded with a nod “We meet on Sundays, but we also have Bible Study during the week. All up, we may meet two to three times. But, of course, no stress on joining the extensive studies when you’re just starting to join the congregation. It can be a bit… I suppose, overwhelming doing it all at once.

Then the lady began to hit keywords; cramped. Lonely. Husband gone. Three kids. Not a healthy environment. Need support. Help from the church.

All words that indicated that she was a lost soul, drifting in a stormy sea, just on the lookout for the direction guided by the lighthouse. Well, she was in luck. Because they were the lighthouse operators. Man, the metaphor was making Joshua sick to the stomach. How bad it was to automatically tick off such things to measure just how easy it would be to invite someone to their Kingdom Hall. He felt… dirty thinking about it. But he didn’t have enough time to keep thinking about how he felt because the woman made an offer that sprung him back to life.

She… wanted them to come inside?

The smile on Mary’s face grew in size as the woman asked if they’d like to come in for some hot chocolate. This was their chance; to bring someone to Jehovah. Another soul saved! Never had they witnessed their parents or brothers reach this far in all their years of evangelising door to door. What a story it would be to go back and tell their parents! And so, Mary was quick to respond with a “Yes please, thank you!” her voice bubbling with excitement and taking no note or bothering to check with her brother who was meant to be taking the lead.

We’re not meant to go inside their houses - we’re minors! Joshua’s inside voice was louder than his outside voice. He couldn’ve ripped Mary back, reminding her of their limits, but the girl had already made her way inside the house (that and what an awful look it would be to see the boy respond in such a way. Where was Jehovah’s grace and mercy in those actions, hmm?). Despite being eighteen, his father had given Joshua distinct instructions that they were not to enter a house if invited in; Mary had even heard it with her two ears too. But the rebellious spirit in her, fueled with the burning desire to make her parents proud, led them to go against the guidelines and rules that had been set out for their own safety.

T-thank you” Joshua stammered, following his sister slowly into the apartment. How bold of Mary to just walk right through with no fear of being assaulted, kidnapped or murdered. They didn’t know this lady's name and here they were, standing in her house. Right. Her name. Turning around back to the lady, Joshua took a second to process the best and most polite way to ask her. “Sorry… I don’t… I don’t think we got your name?

I mean, if they were going to get murdered, at least being on first-name basis with each other would be nice.

© weldherwings.

• Cave-Rave

STARSTRUCK

SORRY

These days, knowing more makes you more miserable.

@I-SPIT-AT-COPS

9 minutes ago

nine lives

Raevlyn
Darrow
Take me to space~
https:///www.raevlyn-darrow.com
/sugarinspace
Raevlyn had spent every spare second of the last week in that dim, dusty cave on the beach, prepping, priming, preparing for tonight. She'd collected and built almost everything by hand, wood boards she'd gotten from her dad's construction company building up a stage, upon which rested a DJ table and lights of all colors, all framed in front of massive wood and spray paint eye sculpture, that closed and opened as the lights changed. She had decorated the walls of the cave in lights and trippy tapestries and paintings, and spray-painted the floor with trippy designs, leaving mountains of chalk scattered in the hopes that others would add their own creations tonight, hoping her little getaway would permanently hold the memories of tonight. With the finishing touches now added, two long sets of tables sat on either end of the cave, tonight being topped by bottle after bottle, even bowls of drug-infused candy and sweets she had made herself laying open to all, Raven had put her all into this night.
And as they turned on the DJ table and started spinning until their EDM-inclined friends made it, she felt invincible, Molly, Acid, and Shrooms all raging through their system, setting their vision fuzzy and her body loose, otherwordly sounds exploding from the big speakers, they felt like she was on a cloud, and as people streamed in, crowds of teenagers in all different styles thanks to her party friends getting the word out, Raven couldn't have felt better. As the cave filled, there they stood, spinning in front of everyone, hair, body, and boots glowing neon green in the blacklights. As one of their friends approached and offered to take the stage from them, they gladly obliged, choosing to wander off into the crowd in search of their friends, hoping they made it as they all promised.
coded by reveriee.

yoshiaki maruyama

Yoshiaki
mood
outfit

• blank

It was finally his day off. The first full day off he's had since before the storm. While he'd usually be annoyed at having so much free time, today was different. Yoshiaki finally had the chance to make up for not being home with his partner during the storm. His phone had been on silent that day and died before he had the chance to call Quinn back. So, he rushed home only to find his partner passed out on the floor. It was enough to send him into panic and leave him with guilt that persisted for weeks. So much so that he constantly told Quinn he'd make it up to him soon as he got the chance. Though how he could make up for not being home when his partner needed him, was a tough thought. Just buying a gift was out of the question.

Instead, he set a plan. All centered around today, having made sure to request the day off in advance. Yoshiaki had made sure to wake up early to get to the bakery for Quinn's favorites. Arriving home in time to lay it out as Quinn had gotten back from his jog. He had jokingly said he'd made it, but it was rather obvious he didn't. Quinn knew Yoshi wasn't the greatest at cooking. Let alone baking. It just goes to show that he once had the rich kid privalige, since Yoshiaki never had to worry about cooking for himself.

After that, he'd had taken Quinn to several of Quinn's favorite places. Like the park and the bakery. He had merely watched as Quinn talked with the owners, waiting for him to finish so they could leave. By no means rushing Quinn, more of he just didn't feel like talking with the others himself. He was already worn out socially from work. Turns out pretending to be social and friendly did in fact drain him more than he'd admit.

Was it wise to be letting his partner eat so much sugar? Probably not. Did Yoshiaki particulary care at the moment? No. He insisted on buying all of Quinns favorites. Even if they weren't exactly all that healthy. All he could hope was that Quinn didn't get a stomach ache later. Their last stop had been the roof top of his place. Yoshiaki called in and ordered food, while less romantic than cooking it would at least taste good. The two had a pinic and stargazed. Well mainly Quinn stargazed and Yoshiaki listened to his rambles. He himself wasn't particulary insterested in the stars, but they made Quinn happy. The least he could do was listen to his partner talk about his interest.

His mind started to wander off as Quinn talked. It of course wasn't intentional. However, Yoshiaki was never good at sitting still. Always needing aomething to do with his mind. Like now, he was recalling some word puzzle he had been working on earlier. It wasn't until Quinn wrapped his arms around him did he realize Quinn was calling his name.

"You know you didn't have to do this, right?" Yet he did. No amount of reassurance Quinn gave would erase the fact that Yoshi felt the need to make up for not returning Quinns calls. For not being home that day. His mouth dried up as he tried to find the words to express his thoughts but nothing came to mind. Communication was one of his flaws. Expressing himself in a way that was geniune wasn't easy for him. So instead he went with the most classic tactic there was: Diversion.

"Mmm. You've been talking about that meteor thing all day, did you want to go see it? I'm sure there are fewer people now." Yoshiaki had admittedly not wanted to go cause he saw crowds of people going to and from the crash direction. The last thing he wanted to do was deal with crowds on his dates with Quinn. "Of course, we don't have to go if your feeling tired. I'm sure it will still be there tomorrow." Probably. He had no idea what the city planned to do about it. He wasn't even sure if it was still there. For all he knew someone could have taken or moved the thing. Likely those alien conspiracists.

"Also don't worry about the food and stuff. It's not much anyway." Ah, classic rich boy behavior. It is true that it wasn't all that much him, but he didn't need to point it out. He gave a small hum as he hugged Quinn closer. Maybe he should call in and take tomorrow off, his co-workers wouldn't be amused, but surely it would be fine. He rarely took time off, so they'd likely understand, right? He could just claim to be sick. "Do you have time off tomorrow? Perhaps we can go do something. Anything you wanted to see? Movie or something?"

coded by weldherwings.

Apocalypse

Cigarettes After Sex

Matteo Wright

God gives his toughest battles to his strongest warriors. At least, that’s what they said, now isn’t it?

And that’s how Matt felt, usually, when waking up in the morning. The toughest battle, at least in this case, was trying to find any energy to get up and be a productive member of society. And when you were exhausted from the sheer act of getting out of bed and entering a vertical state, it became incredibly hard to actually have the energy to care about anything.

He cared about his job, in the same way that he cared about a paycheck and having a roof over his head. He cared about his kids, but in the way where he saw them as a necessary evil to put up with to stagger his way through this horrid life.

And most of all, he cared about bringing any kind of emotion into the absolutely static nothingness - the bland gray fields which dominated his emotional plains. Which was where Oliver came in.

Oliver, at the very least, provided a spot of entertainment to a rather dull task of trying to make sense of highschoolers pretending to be very clever with the things that they wrote.

That was, at least, until Oliver started to actually peer over his papers, straining to observe the marks that he was leaving behind, red bloody slashes upon pristine paper. “Sit back down.”

A barked out order, stern, and very much in professor mode. The glare from over the top of wire frames only all the more terrifying when partially obscured. A deep breath of nicotine punctuated that order as he made another red slash of pen on a paper.

“You’ll get your papers back when they get passed back in class.” And that was the end of that.

But, it seemed a bit of reprimand did nothing to slow the enthusiasm that Oliver seemed intent on showing - the grave of Matt’s own making as he could feel the sparse energy he contained leeching out from him and into the student as he excitedly asked about turtles.

A pause.

Eyes rolled up to the ceiling in contemplation. In truth, he barely could give a shit about turtles. But that wasn’t the game that they were playing. The game that they were playing involved getting as much of a reaction as he could out of this small child.

Quickly, a decision was made.

If Oliver wanted to hang out with his teacher, than it was best that he learned fairly quickly what exactly the experience of hanging out with Matt was.

“They make for a good soup.”

© weldherwings.

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood Save The Turtles

location Matt's place

outfit probably overheating

fun fact Food historian Janet Clarkson said once of turtle soup: "From 1761 to 1825 it was never absent from the London Lord Mayor's Day Banquet. It is probably not unreasonable to hold several generations of aldermen and other civic leaders responsible for eating the turtle almost to extinction."

tag qunqun qunqun

Oliver Dreyfuss

/* ------ right side ------ */

Oliver looked horrified. Absolutely scandalized.

“What?” He exclaimed, as if not sure he had heard his teacher correctly. “They make a good soup”-- that was all he had to say about turtles? Turtles, possibly the oldest and most unique order of reptiles remaining on planet earth? “They make a good soup?!”

“Th-this is why we’re not going to have turtles on this planet when I’m 50!”

On some level, he knew what he was getting into wasn’t a good idea. He was not a persuasive kid; that was something he knew about himself. He had been sorely reminded of this only a few hours ago. He was, in fact, quite self-aware of his poor argument and debate skills. He lost just about every heated discussion he got into, usually by way of being slapped across the mouth, but he had to try for the turtles.

Oliver was fully ready and willing to defend turtles to his dying breath if necessary.

“The green sea turtle is being… reported being hunted and eaten by the English as early as the 1720s a-and that resulted in overfishing that basically… it basically continued over the next 150 years and th-that’s part of why…endangerment…” he had already lost track of his sentence, sputtering, hands gesturing wildly. “Th-this is a massive issue. Even today, overf-fishing is responsible for dev...devastating population decrease in both marine and fr-freshwater turtles.”

He wasn’t finished, though. Far from it.

“Extinctions!! The… the… the Yangtze giant softshell turtle. Only 3 i-ind-dividuals are known, and only 1 in captivity. Overhunting for food and traditional medicine has d-decimated the species.” He was pulling up a series of articles he’d saved to his phone, hunting down citations for his knowledge. Between the local library and the vast expanse of the internet, Oliver had become somewhat of a veritable scholar on his favorite subject.

“The U.S pr-president, uh…” Oliver fumbled through Wikipedia for the answer before finding it and yelling it out, “WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT– President Taft hired a… hired someone t-to the White House specifically to prepare turtle soup. You can’t imagine the d-detriment to the local native turtles.”

One had to give it to Oliver, for being so intrepid to come at his English teacher with such an impassioned turtle conservation plea, but at the same time, it was certainly indicative of a lack of social awareness on the kid’s part. He didn’t seem to know that there were reasons that most people didn’t do these things, reasons that probably included them having less dangerous interactions with others.

Perhaps if Oliver was capable of emulating his somber, soft-spoken sisters, he too could quietly slip through the cracks of society without ever attracting negative attention. Perhaps he wouldn’t be here, in his teacher’s house, covered in bruises and scratches, trying to single-handedly save the order Testudines from human impact.

“So… so between overfishing and t-turtle farming and illegal poaching and turtles b-being killed as… as bycatch for other over– overhunted species, this is what it boils down to: turtle soup is going to keep causing extinctions until we agree as a society to pr-protect native turtles.”

By the end, he was out-of-breath, pale, and coughing terribly. That whole speech seemed to have done a number on him physically and emotionally, coupled with the effects of the smoke from his teacher’s still-burning cigarette. “Our actions have consequences.” He wheezed out, barely audible, and then he was finally quiet.

© weldherwings.

1661897859485.png
Trevor Tate
"Make sure you send a message to your grandma on Facebook, its her birthday after all. She want's to hear from you more." Mrs. Tate's voice echoed throughout his police cruiser. He had his mother on speaker phone while he watched and "patrolled" Chalamet park.

"Yeah, mom, will do." He would not send his grandmother a Facebook message. The woman was getting old and loosing her memory. She wouldn't even remember if he had sent any birthday messages her way or not. What was the point. "Look, I gotta go. I'm on the job. I'll talk to you later." Before his mother could tell him how much she loved him, he promptly hung up the phone and stepped out of his car.

Chalamet park was, honestly, disgusting. The air reeked of piss and shit, especially in the summer when humidity was up. The reason? Probably the obviously homeless man relieving himself upon the trunk of a nearby tree. Trevor had spied the man from his cruiser and saw the perfect opportunity to make his monthly quota.

"Joplin PD, pull your pants up and put your hands where I can see them!" Trevor approached the man, hand on the holster of his gun. The man startled, shoving his junk back into his sweatpants and held his hands above his head.

"Officer, I haven't done anything wrong. I came by all this cash rightfully, I earned it!" Trevor didn't know what cash he was talking about, and he didn't care.

"I'm taking you to the station for public indecency. There's a public restroom not three blocks away yet you used this tree as your personal urinal."

"I'm a veteran you know! You shouldn't be doing this! I fought for your freedom!" The man cried as Trevor took his hands and cuffed them behind his back. He checked to make sure they were tight before leading the man to his cruiser.

"Yeah well my uncle fought in 'Nam but you don't see him shitting in public parks, do you?" Trevor lied. He didn't know anyone who had gone off to war. With more force than needed, Trevor shoved the old man into the back of his cruiser and slammed the door in his dirty face. He got in the driver's seat and drove them to the station. The man was mostly quiet on the way, but damn did he smell. Couldn't the loser just get a job somewhere flipping burgers so he could afford to shower?

Trevor parked his car and took the crook out and walked him through the front lobby. He handed the hobo off to the custody sergeant, which now left his hands clean of the whole situation. And, now he had made his monthly quota. Feeling peckish, Trevor went to his locker, where he had a few protein bars stashed for times like this. Walking into the locker room, he opened up the rusted door of his locker and found a note from Rueben hidden among his snack stash, "I O U".

"Finally..." Trevor said to himself as he flipped the note over to find a baggy of a questionable substance attached. The man owed him from a few months ago when Trevor had to cover his ass so he wouldn't get caught. Tonight, when he got back to his place, he was going to have a nice relaxing evening to himself. Courtesy of Rueben.

Interactions: None​

axel

father of all motherfuckers

The man, who was apparently named Rat, definitely seemed a little uncertain about Axel. As did most people, from his experience. He definitely didn't share much resemblance with Ella, she took more from her mother, so unless she was standing directly next to him, people rarely assumed they were related. Even then, at least one person had accused him of kidnapping her, though that was clearly dealt with by a local shopkeep who recognized him. Thank God, since the only way Axel knew how to solve such problems was with his fists.

"Uh, I'm Axel." Mommy-moo? Some folks just don't think too hard before letting words leave their mouths. He was still a little tempted to ask who Marceline was, but held back out of fear that it might be like, Rat's ex-wife or something.

Rat seemed to function at a slightly higher speed than Axel did, at least in all ways but intellect. (On that front, they were most likely equal.)

As they approached the Rave Cave, it immediately became clear to Axel why he didn't do this stuff anymore. It was all just way too much, the noise even from the mouth of the cave was fucking deafening. He felt like he was being physically assaulted by a set of twenty-inch woofers. Not dogs! Big fucking speakers. He felt like the contents of his skull was being turned into a thick paste. He figured now would be a good time to speak, where he could still be heard.

"I read online that, uh, they've got a whole bunch of people dealin' weed. So that's probably a good place to start looking, if we can figure out... where."

Immediately once they descended, the people on the outer edges were balking at the massive 32-year-old who'd just entered. If it weren't for his Sadako haircut, they'd probably assume he was a narc. Instead, they just assumed he was some kind of fucking scary-ass freak.

"IT'S, UM, IT'S REALLY HARD TO TELL." He shouted over the noise, probably only barely breaching the thick wall of rave music. He lowered himself down to Rat's level. "CAN YOU SEE ANYTHING?" All that Axel could see was the tops of heads, which didn't tell him much. He had half a mind to tell Rat to get on his shoulders, see if Rat could recognize this kid just by his scalp -- some people do just know each other that well.

♡coded by uxie♡

may gu

heavy metal high school girl

Soon enough, the burn didn't burn anymore. On her first sip, she coughed and wrinkled her nose. Her eyes prickled with tears forced out by the aggressive taste of the booze. But now at least she knew what she was in for. Something absolutely nasty. The second, third, the finisher, it all didn't feel so bad. Sort of like when your feet hurt before a concert, but once it starts, you couldn't care less, because your favorite band is playing and no amount of pain can keep you from enjoying yourself.

Suddenly, she didn't feel so bad about spitting on that girl's shoe. Or about writing the phrase "fucka you shitterborough" into Twitter because Cooper was being a jackass online where everyone could see it. It all just felt natural, and right, and like water skittering off of a duck's back.

Was she a lightweight? God help her.

She'd been staring at Max for a long time, just kind of aimlessly -- possibly wondering what his favorite book was, or something of that nonsense nature. But suddenly he was addressing someone. Two someones. Strangers. Potential new friends. Oh thank God, she had a second chance to make herself not seem like a nutcase.

"I'm May." A slight twinge in her hands almost mimicked drunken slurring. Language truly was universal. "Just moved here." She at least managed to figure out that the girl's name was Summer -- a pretty name for a very pretty girl. Those were also universal. Names. And pretty girls. "Nice to meet you." Her hands quickly resumed her previous activity, that being pouring herself another drink. If only this place had like, a tub of Kool-Aid or something to mix this with.

And down it went, some of it dripping past the corners of her mouth. Her face was flushed enough to burn. Went down, down, down, and the flames went higher. Her tongue clicked idly. She put the cup down, and it slowly rolled onto the floor, thankfully empty. "Oops." Her grin said something completely different.

The music was also hitting different. May was more of a classic rock gal, but this rave stuff wasn't too bad. She definitely felt herself bobbing up and down a little.

Someone on Twitter said it'd be a good idea to hit a blunt, so maybe that was the next call.

♡coded by uxie♡

Movement

Hozier

Auguste Cortes

Auguste was about to leave, and then he was stopped by the scurrying little kleptomaniac. For some reason, he seemed absolutely bent on keeping Auguste from leaving.

Never question the actions of a mad man, it seemed.

But indeed, the actions of the mad man were incredibly entertaining. Hands were not kept to themselves live Auguste had previously objected to - apparently Ren had learned that stealing from the big guy was a mistake but not that stealing in general was bad - and suddenly a stolen glowstick bracelet was thrust upwards into his chest in an act of bribery.

A blink. An eyebrow raise.

Unfortunately, curiosity set in. What would the little guy do next? Auguste unfortunately wanted to know. It was intriguing. He was fascinated.

And it wasn’t that Auguste was particularly trusting - he knew that Ren was most likely a lying liar. But he was also paranoid of people that were too nice and too giving - what were those people hiding? What angle were they trying to get at?

He could trust Ren, in this case, to be lying and to steal anything that he came in contact with. And maybe it was that predictability that felt safe to him.

You can trust me.

Those words were probably the closest to the truth that Ren had said all night. Though, definitely not what he had meant when he’d said them.

He slowly looked about at the people moving around them like a single rock in a stream. A slow look back at the kleptomaniac. Well. This could be fun, and Auguste had, in fact, promised himself that he’d get out and have more fun. What was the worst that could happen.

“... Yeah okay. That sounds fine.” He said slowly. Like a turtle slowly peeking its head out from its shell. “... Nothing harder than weed.” Because at the very least, he knew that he could handle weed.

Those were his terms and conditions, though he truly expected Ren to break them at the first sign of trouble. But, at the very least, it was worth a shot.

“Understand?” Hand out to shake on it. At Ren’s response, he quickly looked over his shoulder, over the heads of everyone to spot where they could start drinking a little bit.

“I want alcohol.” A simple statement of warning that he was about to start to move.

He turned back towards the crowds of people and started lumbering to where he’d spotted a cooler earlier. At the very least, his massive size and terrifying nature made the crowd part like the Red Sea to let them deeper into the rave.

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Cigarettes After Sex

Matteo Wright

Matt was turning into his parents - one of his biggest fears in life. And he felt something soft in the back of his mind that could’ve remorse when he barked out the order like a drill sergeant.

So to make himself feel better he decided to poke a nest of hornets. His normal largest joy in life.

And boy did Oliver not disappoint. Wow. See, he wasn’t allowed to do this during school hours. He had to be professional or whatever and not have children go into massive meltdowns about whatever no matter how terribly they argued their points.

So, to watch Oliver just completely freak out? Tasted like the sweetest honey to him.

Matt put a hand in front of his mouth. Mostly to hide the smile that was coming on as Oliver stuttered and stammered and shouted his way through his points. It went away after a couple of seconds of hiding his face as the veneer of bored apathy washed back over.

In his mind, though, he was already coming up with several points to absolutely demolish this child’s worldview.

Listen, Oliver had come to him, interrupted his day, stalked him, and basically decided to occupy space in his apartment until whatever nebulous threat (his own parents) decided to stop terrifying him into staying out of his home. Matt deserved to have a little fun in this entire arrangement.

Finally, the rant was over. Matt allowed Oliver a couple of deep breaths. Letting the dead silence hang in the air to make sure that the boy had gotten it completely out of his system, a hand propping up his head as he stared with dark eyes into the student.

“You somehow took several fantastic points and absolutely butchered them.” Matt said simply, showing complete disinterest in the entire explosion - though this was a lie. He was absolutely delighted to have entertainment now. Something to work on. “But here, let me make some logical conclusions for you.”

A shift in his posture as he snubbed out the cigarette. Actual focus being placed upon the child now. “You state that because of my consumption of turtles, I am actively contributing to the destruction of their population, correct?”

“Therefore, you are arguing for ethical consumption - that is to say, the consumption of goods which are ethically sourced and not harmful to the environment, are you not?”

His lips pulled back into a very sharp grin. “Tell me. Where do your clothes originate? Certainly not… a sweatshop somewhere where the workers are paid very little and they have to work long and hard hours to their own physical detriment so that they can make just enough money to go by… right?”

“Or, what about the food that you eat. I’m sure you eat… some kind of produce. Have you ever looked into the ethics of slaughterhouses? Or the meat industry as a whole? How about chocolate and child labor?”

Matt took a big show of going back to look at his students’ papers, striking red into another paper - another dream ripped mercilessly to shreds by a red pen. “I’m just pointing out a potential flaw in your thesis. Please do better next time.”

© weldherwings.

mood whoa

location rave cave

outfit low budget party fit

fun fact On August 22nd 1888, a falling meteor killed one man and paralyzed another in Iraq. This is the only credible record of any human being killed by a meteor.

tag neverbackdown neverbackdown

Alex Cappelletti

“Nah, nah, red is like… you know that cherry cough syrup that you used to get when you got sick from some kid coughing directly onto you at school? That’s what red tastes like. Cherries and bronchitis.” Alex nodded sagely to his friend, crossing his arms behind his head, making sure not to accidentally stab himself in the back of the neck with his hook. “And green is… a candle. You gotta get into your mind, man, move beyond the apples.”

Alex didn’t normally have synesthesia, or at least, he didn’t think he did. The magic of psilocybin, though, was that it gave everyone a free sample of out-of-the-ordinary sensory experiences. An hour after having a mouthful of dried mushrooms, the dorky teenager was pleasantly lost in the mysteries of the human brain, marveling at how the same substance could conjure up different things in different people’s unique brain chemistry. What was cough syrup and candles for him were strawberries and apples for Kenzie. Fascinating shit.

“I really like Granny Smith apples, though. I feel like they’re super underrated. Also, this hole is like… so comfortable actually.” He did have to admit it was nice, lying back with his friend in the dirt, watching the fireflies and the stars above them bend and melt into each other. Lucky for him, he was having a pretty harmless trip so far, considering it was his very first time and he certainly hadn’t started off with a small amount. A couple of whispers from his dead parents, but no scary acid monsters or throwing up or paranoia so far. He wasn’t scared; he felt a little confused and a little dizzy, but strangely at peace.

“Just tell me when you wanna get up. I don’t want to be like… keeping you stuck in a hole. Dang, that just sounds so sad, right? Like we’re in a hole, and if… if you, you know, if that’s not really working out for your body right now, we can maybe get up, and do you think Sunday Funday is still open right now?”
The ice cream parlor was very much closed at this ungodly hour. It was now late into the night, far past the time when Alex’s grandparents would’ve suggested he finish his homework and go to bed. As far as his grandparents knew, he and Kenzie were just having a normal hangout (they didn’t care that their teenage son had sleepovers with girls; they must have been pretty sure he was gay.) Little did they know, they were lying in a meteorite crater out by the beach, talking nonsense to each other. For the time being, though, they were safe. Relatively safe, anyhow… safer than they’d be if they’d chosen to lie down and chat in the middle of the street.

Unless another meteor was headed for that exact point, they’d be just fine.

© weldherwings.

mood being confusing

location Bridgeport diner

outfit can't look like you're trying too hard

fun fact About 25% of high school freshmen fail to graduate from high school on time.

tag dear.szmm dear.szmm

Jodie LeBlanc

“Drink up, hot stuff. Shop closed tomorrow? Eh, doesn’t matter. Let’s have fun.”

“Well, it will be now, hot stuff. Said Jodie, clearing her throat after downing her second shot of the night. She wasn’t planning to get shitfaced; just drunk enough to feel comfortable enough to do something dumb and fun. She was 24 and had been drinking longer than she’d like to admit, so she knew her limits well. “Fuck that place. If someone needs to hoard up on tacky wall art and shoe racks, they can damn well wait til Tuesday.”

She listened as Reuben mentioned that his dog was missing her. What, was that some kind of veiled invitation? Jodie scoffed, tucking her hair back behind her ears.
God, she hoped it was a veiled invitation.

“You should come over sometime. I can make dinner. Italian, huh? What d’ya think? I’ll be disappointed if you don’t like Italian.”

Yes. Fuck yes.

“You cook? Fuck, dude, what don’t you do? What’s next, you’re gonna tell me that you’re a blacksmith at a Renaissance Faire?” She laughed at herself, and at the mental image of Reuben in a 1600s blacksmith’s costume, hammering away at a chunk of molten metal. “Nah, I can totally see you doing that actually. You’ve got a welder’s face. Maybe you shoulda gone into that business instead of putting a badge on and chasing the junkies around stick...” Her laugh faded a bit, her lips pressed together a bit pensively as she reached for what she promised herself would be her last drink of the night. “But eh, who am I to judge?”

Frankly, Jodie would be damn jealous of someone who had the free time and the passion to develop so many eccentric skills. She didn’t have any time for hobbies, and if she did, she’d become far too disillusioned with the world to reap any enjoyment out of them. She used to sing, once, and desperately wanted to learn an instrument. She loved animals… maybe she could’ve become a veterinarian if her old parents hadn’t gone and decided to sweep her out of high school to be their full-time caretakers on top of managing their musty furniture store.

“I’ll come over tonight. Your Italian better be the bomb, though. A girl’s got some high standards.” Her playful smirk seemed to suggest that she was joking, but the way her hand reached across the table and squeezed Reuben’s screamed something else. She wanted this. She wanted to take this night as far as her policeman companion was willing to go.

© weldherwings.

scroll

The Rebel

Kenzie

mood

Is anything real?

Hole in the ground/

interactions

With Alex

tags

Kenzie pursed her lips in thought as Alex described what the colours tasted like to him, an amused smirk ever present on her face as he mentioned cherry cough-syrup, bronchitis and a candle. She couldn't fault his decision making though and the more she thought about what he said the more it all made sense. She laughed when he told her to move beyond her mind "I'm sorry oh wise one, I'll try do better" she teased as she rested her head back against his shoulder to look up at the night sky above them.

"I'm actually not that much of an apple girl i must say, I do love grapes though yanno in fruit form and especially in wine..." Kenzie trailed off as she moved to sit up, she wondered if there was wine at the rave but she shrugged and quickly lay back down as she decided that right now the effort was not worth the prize, maybe later.. maybe later they could get drinks and go to the sea, go to the sea with a glass bottle of alcohol, they could do a message in a bottle with the most insane thing they could think of it and send it off, but did they have paper.... Kenzie shook her head as she realised her thoughts were beginning to spiral and zoned back in to hear Alex make some comment about moving on. "I'm quite content here for a bit anyway" she assured him as her eyes scanned the sky above them trying to decipher between the fireflies and stars above them. It was so peaceful out here and she was enjoying how content she felt. It was like all her problems washed away.... washed away, the sea, crashing waves, bottle, ... Kenzie pinched the bridge of her nose as she tried to stop her mind from going back to its previous spiral.

The silence between them was enjoyable, both clearly getting lost in their thoughts and taking in the beauty of nature around them, she was happy that she had chosen to do this with Alex. The word chosen all of a sudden seemed to have a heavy weight to it in her mind. "Alex ....." she asked breaking the comfortable quietness they had been indulged in "Do you think we actually have free will .. like is this real or are we being controlled by another entity, like a computer game, actually like the sims.. what if we are basically the Sims and someone figured it out and so they made the game Sims to warn us but instead we became video game characters hooked on playing video game characters, a video game inception if you will?" Kenzie pushed herself up so that was leaning on her elbows as she turned her head to look at him, her eyes wide with an uncharacteristic innocent and doe like expression on her features. She was not worried or anxious, rather the thought intrigued and almost awoke her and that much would be obvious "and if we are characters does time really exist, do we?"

♡coded by uxie♡

• Cave-Rave

STARSTRUCK

SORRY

These days, knowing more makes you more miserable.

@I-SPIT-AT-COPS

9 minutes ago

nine lives

mood distressed

location Matt's place

outfit probably overheating

fun fact sea turtles are the only turtles that cannot retract into their shells.

tag qunqun qunqun

Oliver Dreyfuss

For all of Oliver's passion for turtles, it was painfully easy to shut him up. After just a few points of rebuttal from his teacher, the boy had been intimidated into silence. He mumbled inaudibly, rocking back and forth and hitting his head with the flat side of his palm.

His brain just refused to process that someone would argue against the best interests of turtles. A more debate-minded kid would have instantly brought up dozens of counterpoints to what had just been said: namely, could a low income person ever truly escape unethical consumption? His clothes were all second-hand; some were even hand-me-downs from his older sisters. Whatever his family could do to spare expense. Likewise, the food he ate was simply whatever the family could get their hands on that week. He didn’t get choices unless he was willing to do a little shoplifting.

And he wasn’t alone in this, either: the truth was that this is how the majority of children and teens in Joplin lived, especially those in Oliver’s neighborhood. All his friends lived under similar limitations, even the ones that weren’t being mistreated by their caregivers… though that, too, seemed to be an epidemic in the district. Abuse and neglect ran rampant throughout the community, to the point where most kids weren’t able to distinguish it from the norm. That was how it went undetected.

If Oliver had been born into financial status such that he could afford to only buy sustainable clothing, grow his own food or shop from local sources, and avoid plastics, he would have been doing so for years. His family wouldn’t even be living in this run-down city if they could do things like that.

Ethical consumption was a privilege for the wealthy. There was also the question of whether ethical consumption was even possible under capitalism, and how the majority of the damage was being done by corporations and the ultra-wealthy.

But he couldn't formulate a way to say any of that.

Right now, he couldn't say anything. He couldn't even bring himself to look at Matt anymore, instead keeping his gaze fixated firmly on a single point on the wall, rhythmically hitting his temples, looking very much as though his brain had short-circuited on him.

From this reaction he was having, it was possible to retrace the situation that got him into conflict at home today. It wasn't too hard to imagine that this was a fairly constant thing for him– to have an emotional outburst about something and then crumble at the backlash.

Matt, as shocking as it may seem, was far more patient than most of the adults Oliver knew. Despite the upsetting situation he was in right now, he didn't regret coming here.

Those cigarettes were going to kill the kid, though.

© weldherwings.

MOOD: Hyper, pumped, nervous

OUTFIT: Missing the mark but still ready to party

basics
MENTIONS:

Drew doedeer doedeer

INT:

Leah tamarapasek tamarapasek
Teo weldherwings weldherwings

tags
TL;DR: Cave rave!!
tl;dr
Jenelle Kennedy
Let us be young, let us be wild
until the summer's over
Jenelle was positively buzzing with anticipation as she scampered off the bus, her best friend Leah in tow. The waterfront stop they'd disembarked at was just a short walk from the spooky old beach caves where a supposed total rager was being held, and the perky girl couldn't have been more excited to go.

"This is gonna be sooo fun!" The last word coming out as an excited squeal, Jenny linked arms with the petite blonde as the two girls strolled down to the beach together. Well, at least she had high hopes that it would be fun. Dancing all night with a bunch of other wiling out teens, maybe even with a boy. Part of the fun was the subterfuge, sneaking around town just to go to this thing. It wasn't like Jenny to go to wild parties, and her parents certainly wouldn't have approved on a school night, no less. So of course Jenelle had to spin a necessary yarn for the occasion, assuring them she'd be safe and sound just having a run of the mill sleepover at Leah's house. Well, it was partially true; no doubt the girls would end up crashing back at Leah's place at some point in the night. She just conveniently left out the part about the couple hundred kids in a cave running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals.

Upon their arrival at the mouth of the cave, she gazed around at the other kids coming and going, some milling around the beach. Noticing all the girls in neon, skimpy little slips of clothing, she couldn't help but feel both over AND underdressed at the same time. Jenny absolutely loved fashion and getting dressed up, and was usually extremely prepared with her clothing choices. But bless her heart, the young, naive girl had no clue what one was supposed to wear to a rave, and just threw on the most revealing stuff she owned: a crop top with her curvy hips poured into a tight denim miniskirt. At least the fun, glittery eye look she'd taken the time to create elevated the casual outfit a tad, her natural curls straightened for the occasion into a flowing mane of silky smooth mermaid hair.

But now faced with the reality of actually jumping into the party, her nerve was faltering, and she kind of wished she's worn something less revealing. Hovering around the entrance, Jenny absently fiddled with the red flannel she'd brought along just in case (in case of what exactly? The warmth of summer still lingered on, and the garment didn't even have a hood to protect her hairstyle from a sudden rainstorm.) The redhead casually tied it around her waist, secretly hoping to conceal her chubby thighs and cuddly-soft tummy as best she could before following the thumping bass into the cave.

Just as they were walking in, Jenny spotted a platinum-haired fellow on the beach that she recognized. Turning to get a better look, she watched him discreetly slip something to the kid he was conversing with. Yes, she'd seen this older guy before, he was friends with Drew Vodianova. Drew-his name made her heart skip a beat. Jenny was completely caught off guard when he dm'd her recently to start a flirtatious little chat. And she was elated, to say the least. Not only was Drew handsome and mysterious, but he was definitely one of the cool kids. Supposedly a drug dealer. He cut school. He dated the infamous bad girl, Mackenzie Gallgaher. He was Fucking Cool. So of course Jenny was beyond flattered the boy even remembered her, let alone went out of his way to get in touch over the summer--even if he'd probably only looked at her in class to copy off her test paper.

There she went daydreaming again, when there were important matters at hand. Like the covert operation she'd just witnessed. A drug deal?? Yes, Jenny was sure she'd just witnessed a drug deal. More importantly, it meant this guy had drugs to sell. She hadn't considered it at all before this moment, but a wild thought overtook her, and Jenny was suddenly overcome by the irresistible urge to try something crazy tonight. Why not? They were at a rave. This is what you do at a rave. This was what she needed right now to quell her anxiety over her outfit or worries about school the next day or whatever else was bound to pop up and threaten to ruin her good time. She was here to let loose for once damn it, and what better way to ensure that happening?

Without even an explanation to her bestie, she grabbed Leah by the arm and jogged over to the young man, dragging the blonde girl along. Her free hand waving at him to flag the guy down. "Hey! um..hi!" Jenelle squeaked, her face flushed a bit with embarrassment as she was now in front of her would-be drug dealer and had to come up with a way to ask for the goods. "Um...you holding?" That's a phrase people used, right? "Molly?" The redhead clarified in a hushed tone. "We wanna cop," Jenny added, pleased with herself and her sudden recall of all the drug lingo she'd ever heard on tv. So smooth. She was definitely one of the cool kids tonight.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Terrified

OUTFIT: just imagine it alexei-sized

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
tags
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
josephine kingston
The past is the past, today is today

Jo gulped, glancing nervously at her boyfriend who's eyes were focused on the movie. The couple had decided to have a movie night, where Alexei insisted it was a travesty that Jo hadn't watched Dirty Dancing, and set out to rectify it immediately.

"Babe?" A squeak escaped her lips, so soft that even Alexei who was currently cuddling her couldn't hear it. Maybe it was for the best. Jo certainly didn't feel ready to say it. And she absolutely didn't want to interrupt their nice movie night with her little bombshell. How did one even start to announce it? Jo herself was still struggling to process the news, how could she help Alexei deal with it? Things were going so well between the young couple, why oh why did it have to get so real and serious so quickly? The nth blinking positive pregnancy test Jo had taken currently lay in his bathroom hidden behind Jo's feminine products and he had absolutely no idea.

Jo had had about a dozen conversations with Deirdre since she'd discovered the news. The kindly older woman had a way of making anybody feel even a bit better when they were worried, something Jo was eternally grateful for. Though she was still confused and lost, the fact that Deirdre was in he corner no matter what, cheered her up exponentially. And in a way it was fitting. Deirdre had indirectly been the reason Jo and Alexei had even met, and now she was providing Jo with support about what to do with their baby.

However, that didn't change the fact that Jo was still at a loss for how to go about this. She'd always wanted kids, she knew that. And she had no career goals, no classes, nothing that a baby would really put a halt to. So theoretically, this was the ideal time to have a baby., and the idea of a little munchkin raised by her and Alexei was seriously appealing. But there was still a tiny hitch to that plan.

Yet how could Jo raise a baby, even if she really wanted to when she herself still felt like a kid? She'd been in highschool less than a year ago! She was closer in age to hgihschoolers than Alexei. Every statistic, every study, every crappy MTV reality show indicated having a kid at 18 was not the best idea. And even if she were older, that wouldn't change the fact that Jo was pretty broke. Sure, Alexei treated her to nice things regularly, but she couldn't solely rely on that. Plus, a waitress's salary and a bouncer's didn't exactly add up to wealth. They'd have to seriously discuss finances, cut corners, and actually do adult stuff. What the heck did Jo know about adult stuff? She hadn't even paid taxes yet. Despite all the reasons to not have the baby, the idea actually somewhat tugged at her heartstrings. She wanted it, yet she knew she probably shouldn't even dare to.

Even if Jo was all in however, could she guarantee Alexei would be too? The older man had been nothing but kind, patient, and adoring sure, but maybe he didn't even want kids. Maybe he was content to be the fun uncle. Would he even want to be with someone crazy enough to consider keeping a baby? It wouldn't just be Jo's life affected but his. And even if he did stay, would he just feel obligated to? Change was bound to happen between the two once she dropped the bombshell, that much was obvious. But she didn't want anything to change between them. She didn't want Alexei to stop doting on her, and the idea that he might stop, or even just look at her differently because of the baby was worrying.

Despite this, she had to speak up. "Babe?" Jo spoke up, finally eliciting a reaction. "We need to talk." Her body visibly tensed, as she slowly crawled out of Alexei's embrace. "So I'm kinda like....well I'm..you see.." She stumbled, finally frowning and blurting out what she wanted to say "I'm pregnant, okay?, Jo pulled her legs closer to her, and leaned on the opposite end of the couch. She hugged her legs, anxiously awaiting what her boyfriend might say. Truthfully, she expected the worst, pondering the quickest way to get all of her stuff if he decided to kick her out of the apartment or something.
code by valen t.

Let's Fall in Love

Finneas

Graham Byrne

Graham, at the very least, really liked stars. And he felt somewhat safer around Abigail, despite how much it hurt to be around her. How paranoid he felt at the idea of having to go out in the forest with her.

The forest was lit up tonight in a beautiful field of twinkling little dots for stars.

He laid down a blanket in the middle of the field, set up a telescope too, moving it towards a particular batch of stars - north star. True north. Another time, he would’ve made a comment about how it was a center, but nowadays… he wasn’t sure.

Starlight had to travel a long long ways, and a long long time to reach the eyes of those that lived on Earth. Who was to say that that star was still alive? What would it say about him if the little twinkle in the sky that always centered him was most likely a dead star - a black hole sucking in the light all around him.

Graham didn’t particularly like that implication very much. So instead, he tried to not think about it.

He was failing terribly.

Perhaps it had been a mistake to go out stargazing with Abigail. He didn’t think that it was the best idea he’d ever had - he felt too introspective. Too thoughtful. Not wild enough to keep up his allure of crazed glee.

“It’s a really stupid constellation with an even stupider reason.” He said jokingly as he turned his telescope to see if he could find any stars that were out right now. “It’s not out this month, though. It comes out in April. It’s Leo minor. The lesser lion.”

Because Aoife had wildly called dibs on Leo and then wrestled Graham for the joy of being able to claim the lion after all. After that entire debacle, he’d never had the heart to claim Leo for himself. That was Aoife’s constellation. His was Leo minor. That was just the way that things were.

But Abi didn’t need to know the reason why he’d chosen the lesser lion and not the zodiac sign constellation. She didn’t need to know about Aoife and the slow growth of the hole that was ripping him apart from the inside out and scaring him with how gaping and empty it felt.

“Here.” He turned it towards another cluster of stars. “That’s Sagittarius.”

© weldherwings.

Apocalypse

Cigarettes After Sex

Matteo Wright

See, Matt didn’t particularly care one way or the other his affect on others outside of his little flights of fancy. People were only valuable in the amount that they could provide fleeting bits of excitement and intrigue before the world returned back to the static gray that he had become prone to live in.

So when Oliver completely shut down, Matt took it as a sign that he had, indeed, won that argument. Against a sixteen year old. A sixteen year old that was currently at the exact median of his class - but what could he do? A win was a win, and Oliver was proving to be so much more entertaining than what he’d prepared for.

He stood, lighting another cigarette and opening his windows and his patio door in order to air the room out just a little bit. Small mercies against the oppressive cigarette smoke that was beginning to congest the air.

Silently, he returned to grading papers as Oliver continued to have his freakout, completely unbothered by the entire mess that mostly he’d caused. See, if he couldn’t handle the most basic of debate points being thrown his way, then there wasn’t much point in pity being placed upon the boy. So he was a sore loser, most people that had lost against him were.

He had found, especially, that people didn’t really like their own morals analyzed and turned against them. Flaws became all the more glaring when hypocrisies were pointed out.

Quite frankly, simply put, he didn’t actually really care what was going on in Oliver’s head at the moment. He just needed to get some work done.

And so he did.

© weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back