• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Cirque du Mort

Anno Bane

Gone from G to Gent
Ahh… the circus, a happy place where children laugh, eat and enjoy the performers. Or so it used to be, but the cirque du mort is something quite different, it is filled with monster praying on humans in many different ways. Some get out with just a headache, some leave with only a year left to live, and some never leave.

Hence the circus motto: “So entertaining, you’ll never want to leave”. And some have never left, the performers. They were all people collected by the circus, who does it, no one knows, except the owner. Maybe it’s her maybe it’s not.

But the show must go on, for if the entertainers try to leave the will suffer a horrible fate. Death, and no one wants that. So they perform at night, travel by day, and they never stay in the same place more than a few hours. Many have speculated how the circus is able to perform in Massachusetts one night and the next it is in Bangkok, but none have the courage to find out.

Still they always pack a full house. And they never cease to amaze the audience.

Further explanations/rules:

1. The year is 1923, the prime time for circuses

2. Every performer has their own show tent, so you don’t have to wait for your turn

3. You can be any monster, vampire, werewolf, banshee, but you can also make up your own kind

4. Everyone prays on humans in some way, so your monster has to do so too

5. Please don’t make up performances that you wouldn’t see in a normal circus

6. Detailed, so make it detailed

7. Love is encouraged

8. You cannot be the owner, I will take that role

9. You can have 3 characters, 4 if you have a reason

10. Don’t be rude

11. Don’t be nasty

12. Just don’t

More explanations if wanted! :D

I'm definitely interested! I think I would either play the "freak" (conjoined twin or something similar) or some kind of animal tamer, where the animal is actually controlling the human.

This sounds really interesting!

nice, i am sorry i haven't responded apparently notification was turned off! :D You are all in! :D

of course you can join, i would like there to be at least 8, so now we have 5! Feel free to try and recruit! :D

Before I say anything: I think you meant to write "prey" not "pray."

Pray, or Prayer is the act of giving praise to a God or deity.
Prey is the term used to refer to livestock that a predator feasts on. In this case, the proper term would be that the monsters in the circus "prey upon" humans.

Regardless, I am interested.
Tell me, would you like to see a magic trick? Or more specifically a magician, that in order to maintain living and performing his tricks needs to consume people's minds, leaving them in a coma?

Haha, I'm making standees for a circus themed gala rn
And I love this idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back