Chosen

Once they are outside, Osiris takes his hand back and changes back to dragon form, not caring how many people get scared or who disapproves of him being there in this shape. "You should be more specific. What are you asking that I hate so much? if you mean being in a form other then this one, it is because inside, this is who I am and I like who I am. I only changed my shape at all just to make you happy." He paces some then heads outside the range of the buildings as he roars and breathes fire into the air above him. "I just need my own release sometimes, and it doesn't help when I feel cramped by the wishes or ideals of others. That kind of situation almost killed me after all," he mutters, his way of apologizing while in this mood.

Leana walks with him and stops him before he can walk away, stepping in front of him and petting his snout. "Calm down. It's really alright. We will get out of here soon. Okay? A humanoid form is compact. It has it's uses." She kissed the tip of his nose, "Besides. I'm fragile. One misstep and SQUISH. It'd be bad." She giggled, obviously joking, and rubbed his nose some more, "Come on. You can stay in dragon form. I want to talk to Tien, pack some things, and then we can go. Okay?" She moved off towards where Tien usually would be, and eventually found him.

He raised an eyebrow at the pair, and chuckled, "You two bonded quickly I see. Good for you two. You plan to go? Be safe. Leana, go pack. I wish to speak with Osiris." Leana smiled and nodded, petting Osiris's shoulder before darting off to her own house to pack. Tien walked up to Osiris, hands on a cane that he leaned lightly on, "I am trusting you to treat her well, Osiris. She is not normal by any means. She will surprise you, and she may even hurt you. No matter what though, you must help her and keep her safe. Yes?"

Leana's touch relaxes him almost immediately as Osiris looks at her. "I may be rash but I am still careful," his tone still harsh from his discomfort, "Plus I don't like being smal or 'compact'." He follows her as she takes off to find Tien.

When they reach the old man, Osiris senses the initial teasing, but without bad intent, and stays calm. He eyes the man with a suspicious look, "You care much about her, elder, and it seems to go farther then just a caretaker or old man would feel. What do you know? What are you hiding?" Osiris is glad Leana isn't around as they speak, fearing whatever he may learn might be harmful to her in some way. "I plan to keep her safe and to enjoy her company. I can also feel the power she has deep inside, even before we were bonded. As to hurting me, my past has been harmful to me already, as you have seen already. Although, I think you know more about my past then you let on." He glances at the old man before continuing, "Anyway, yes I can promise to take care of her, but I would like to know what you are keeping secret before she returns and we leave."

Tien looked at Osiris with a raised brow and a smirk on his face. His comments meant next to nothing to him. He shrugged, and toyed with his cane a bit, looking off in the direction that Leana had gone. "Well," he began, looking back at Osiris now with wise eyes, "I know much more than most think that I do. Good for you, for being observant, young one. You still have so much to learn though." He closed his eyes softly, then opened them again, his eyes showing dragon-like slits, "This goes above your pay grade for now, child. You will learn when it is time. I am her guardian. Her parent, since her real ones abandoned her. You get to be her guard and companion. She means so much more than you know."

Tien blew a bit of playful smoke in Osiris's face, and then beamed brightly as Leana returned, his eyes normal, "Leana my dear! You are ready to leave?" Leana nodded, and hugged Tien tightly. He patted her before releasing her, "Alright you two. Make sure to use protection and all that. I want you to follow your heart Leana. Follow it, to wherever it may lead. That is your mission." Leana nodded, and rolled her eyes before saying her goodbyes, and promptly leaving, expecting Osiris to follow. "I'm ready to go when you are," she said, and rubbed his flank lovingly.

"Despite what we think, dragons always have more to learn. That is why age and wisdom is coveted by my kind." Osiris notices the flare of energy from Tien and hides his surprise at the similarity it has to Leana's, although it is different and much stronger. "And I do not care to get payed for this in any way, except maybe more knowledge, but I doubt that is what you mean," Osiris gets a little flustered at the old man's commanding words, "I am her bonded dragon, nothing more. What I do or don't do is still my own choice."

When the smoke hits his face, Osiris almost breathes smoke all over Tien, but holds back as Leana returns. He is confused by what the old man says to her, but he notices the blush and decides it is beyond him. However, he narrows his eyes as Tien makes the ominous demand that sounds like a request, knowing there is still more being kept secret from them both. At her touch, Osiris lets her onto his back before walking off into the wild. "So, where are we headed? And what did you pack?"

"Even I do not match her," Tien whispered before they walked away, too quiet for Osiris to hear. Leana just got onto Osiris's back happily, unaware, and clung to his neck. "We should go North I think. North East maybe. To the Northern Sea," she said, and glanced at her pack, "I brought water flasks, flint and steel, my daggers, my short sword, and my bracelet. I also brought a sleeping bag of sorts, and a pillow. I figure that anything else we need we can find." She frowned a little bit, and pawed at Osiris's ear.

"Why do you look so confused and concerned?" she asked, "I can even feel it. What's on your mind? What did you and Tien talk about?" Leana rubbed his neck, "Did he bother you? He likes to joke around a lot. He adopted me as a baby. He can be a bit eccentric, but he is just about the nicest person you'll meet around here." She paused, "Let's get to the Sea, then go from there. We might have to take a break in between here and there though."

Osiris heads north and after clearing the tree line, takes off into the air. "I see the reasoning behind each of those items you packed...except the bracelet. Why did you bring that along?" He is looking at the sky in front of them, deep in thought about his talk with Tien and actively avoiding eye contact with Leana. He shakes his head some as she messes with his ear, "I think you would be better off asking him what was talked about since he spoke mainly in riddles and half answers," he replies, hedging the question.

A small rumbling comes from Osiris as Leana rubs his neck. "I have no issue with the old man. He just isn't all that straight forward and is a little frustrating. And seems a little dangerous if pissed off enough," this last part is whispered too silently to be heard at all. Osiris just keeps flying towards the sea, wings never tiring, "I will only take a break if you need it. I can keep this up for days," he states this last part proudly.

Leana cocked her head to the side in confusion and sighed, "He isn't here to ask silly. You are though. Please explain?" She smiled then, looking down at her bracelet, "It's what I was found with as an infant. It feels special to me. I bring it just about everywhere." Leana touched the bracelet, smiling at the silvery embossed band. It sparkled even without gems.

"Anyways, I think we should take a break for nighttime," she said, the sun in the afternoon. They flew a while, before Leana saw what looked like a tiny village on fire. She nudged Osiris and pointed at the buildings and smoke.

"It is not my place to explain, especially since I confused about it myself." Osiris senses her happiness as she talks about the bracelet, "So it means a lot to you then. Hope you know that there is power hidden within it. What that power is, I do not know, except that it is connected to the power inside of you."

As they fly, and the day turns slowly darker, he sighs because she needs to rest and he knows that he must take her into consideration much more often. A little while later, he feels her direct him towards a village burning below them. "I guess we can go help them, but I only doing this in hopes that you can sleep somewhere other than the ground," he dives slowly, not sure how the two of them can help.

"It really does mean a lot to me," Leana said, touching the bracelet with a small smile that Osiris couldn't see, but could probably sense. As for the power, Leana just shrugged, "People tend to say that, but I don't do much that the next person can't. Besides bond with a Black Dragon. I think I am the first recorded to do so. At least, I am the first woman to do so." She scratched behind his ear lovingly as they descended towards the village. Her smile dimmed though as she saw it closer.

Thick clouds of black smoke rose into the sky from still on fire buildings. Bodies were strewn about like grotesque confetti. Not a human soul seemed to still be living, save for a young child. She couldn't be more than six years of age, and a Large White Dragon was advancing on her slowly. The young girl couldn't move because of fear, and had fallen to the ground, clutching her little doll for dear life. To anyone with advanced hearing, her heartbeat would be like a quick drum, very loud, and very scared. She was defenseless.

The White Dragon noticed Leana and Osiris flying in, and caught the young girl in one large foot, turning to look at the two of them. "What brings you and that... thing... Osiris?" he said telepathically, flicking his tail before shifting to a large human form. Intimidating even as a human. He held the little child by her collar, and kept his eyes on Osiris.

Leana hopped off of Osiris's back as soon as it was safe, and drew a blade of her's, a shortsword. It had obvious runes on it, and she just held it, showing no signs of moving until the White Dragon made a move. Without seeming to think on it much, the white spoke, "My name is Le'vesh." Then he was a blur as he tossed the young girl at Osiris hard, and dashed to Leana. Midstride, he shifted again, back into dragon form, and stopped right in front of Leana. His nose was no more than a few inches from her's, but she didn't move her eyes from his.

Le'vesh snorted little tendrils of smoke, and spoke in their minds, "She should not even be alive. I know you are young Osiris, but her being alive... It could mean bad things for all of us. I do not wish to go back to that time! It was before you were even born..." Le'vesh struck out at Leana, but she slashed at him with the blade, causing a long gash along his neck, and then jumped back, showing herself to be more mobile than she let on earlier.

She didn't seem or feel like herself though. Her eyes glowed a shimmering silver that would change to caramel and then back again, like a glowing liquid in her eyes. Leana just seeped power. Pure, untapped, and untainted power. The likes that not even the dragons had any longer. She spoke in a voice that was telepathic, but didn't sound like her as she pointed to Le'vesh with the sword, "Cease and bind."

The sword glowed a moment, before a tendril reached out of the sword and wrapped around Le'vesh's neck. A collar. It tied itself, and then became invisible to the naked eye. Le'vesh looked horrified, and stared at Osiris, knowing that what he had just seen would've been something only heard of in legends and stories. He just stopped though, unable to continue his attack. He couldn't hurt her. Leana on the other hand snapped back to her normal self, and instantly passed out, crumpling to the floor.

Flying into the destroyed town, Osiris lands in the town center, facing the white dragon without changing forms as it had done. "We came to investigate this disaster that I can assume was made by you. And this female is my rider, so watch your tongue," Osiris says this in his real voice, the words literally dripping with acid. "Now, why don't you let the girl go now, she can't do anything to you and I am pretty sure you are after some respect or attention for this. That won't happen if they all are dead and the village completely destroyed."

After Leana jumps off his back and draws her sword, he senses a change in Le'vesh. However, before Osiris can react to defend her, he is distracted by the girl flying at him. He catches the girl carefully with his claw before putting her down behind him and hiding her under one of his wings. He growls when he turns back and sees how dangerously close the dragon is to Leana. "Whatever you are talking about, I don't care. You harm my rider and I will leave nothing of you behind but your head as a trophy and a warning to others."

Watching intently, Osiris is about to pounce on Le'vesh's neck when Leana slashes the white dragon's neck in retaliation first. Osiris wants to jump in front of her and defend her, but he can sense that a bad idea, feeling a warning tone from his connection with Leana. So he stays back and keeps sentinel over the young girl as he watches the fight in case he needs to jump in.

Feeling the power flowing off of Leana, he hears a quiet phrase in his mind before seeing a light come from the sword and wrap around the white dragon's neck. Le'vesh looks at Osiris, but he is focused on the collapsing form of Leana. He wraps the young girl we was protecting in his wing softly before wrapping around Leana protectively. "I suggest you leave now while you still have your life, because if you stay, I will carry out my earlier threat," he addresses Le'vesh darkly.

Focusing on his rider, keeping his senses slightly on the rival dragon, he puts the other girl down inside his protective curl as he touches his snout to Leana. Speaking to her core, he demands quietly, "Wake Leana. I need you to wake and these two creatures' lives depend on you waking up." As he waits, Osiris uses acid to melt a tunnel in the ground that he brings the girls into, Leana now on his back as the other one walks, still scared and unsure what will happen to her.

Le'vesh couldn't leave Leana, so he just glared at Osiris, not feeling like saying a word. Death would be almost welcome now instead of being Leana's pet. He couldn't hurt her though, and the collar would not allow him to be hurt. So Le'vesh just stood there, eyes on Leana the entire time. Inside his mind he was trying to fight against the magic, but it was far older and stronger than his own. She was even making him feel protective of her. Le'vesh let trails of smoke flow from his nostrils, and laid down, still eyeing the group.

The little girl was crying and clutching her doll, walking for a moment before sitting against a rock. She curled up with her knees to her chest. She didn't understand anything that was going on. Dragons were pretty rare, and they hadn't taught her of them. She knew they spoke though, as she had heard earlier. So, with a raspy, soft, scared, and quiet voice, she spoke to Osiris, "M-m-mister... I h-have family... A couple t-towns over.... In Pa-Parmes.... C-can we p-please go there? I'm s-scared... Everyone is dead..."

When he spoke to Leana's core, he would not feel Leana. It was still her, but not the her that he knew that spoke back to him, to his own core.
"My dragon, what do you want? To wake? To save these little things? I will oblige, my dragon." Moments after that, Leana stirred, clinging to Osiris. She moved so that she was in front of him, head resting on his snout as she wobbled on her feet, "What... what happened?" She almost fell, legs wanting to give out, but she forced herself to stay standing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Osiris ignores the tormented white dragon, sensing no more threat from him. When the little girl speaks to him, he turns into his drow form to look less threatening and speaks on her mind calmly, "I would gladly take you there when my rider is ready to go. However, she may want to check on you first, so it up to her when we leave. But I can promise that the dragon over there will not harm you again."

Osiris feels unnerved by the Leana that answers back to his connection. "Who are you?" He asks suspiciously right before Leana wakes up. She is unfocused and wobbly, leading him to understand that his Leana is back and doesn't remember anything that would be helpful. "Well, you took control of a pissed off white dragon, you saved this girl's life, and then you passed out. Care to explain how and what you did back there? I knew you had power but I had no idea to what extent..." His words trail off as he remembers what she did and the feeling of power from her.

"Anyway, the girl would like to go to another village where she has family, but I said we would wait until you say we should go." He looks at Leana again and states, "You look like shit. Sure you are okay?" Osiris is leaning against the wall and watching Le'vesh have an internal temper tantrum, enjoying the pain and humility that the white dragon is feeling because of what Leana did to him.

The little girl just nodded, sniffling as she looked at the white dragon. She didn't understand why he would do this. Le'vesh on the other hand was still staring at Leana. Leana, of course, didn't remember a thing, "I... I've got no clue what happened. I remember coming to this town... then waking up here. I couldn't have done all that... Control a dragon..?" Le'vesh huffed out smoke, and padded over to them, shifting to a human form mid stride. He sat near to them, and looked at the little girl for a moment, "You are lucky you are alive little girl. I would have killed you like everyone else. Your townsmen killed my mate a year ago."

He went on explaining, "Dragons can have more than one mate, but they likely do not. We, as a species, are good at finding the right person the first time around. Once we mate, we are practically a part of that person. If I had the chance... I would have done the job a year ago." Le'vesh felt no remorse, and turned his head to Leana, "Well now what? You leashed me. I'm not surprised you don't remember it."

He turned his attention to Osiris, "Do you remember the stories? It must have been over 3000 years ago, well before you were born. They probably told you stories of the royal class of dragons. The pure ones. You were probably told how their kingdom fell, 3000 years ago or so. Hardly anyone remembers unless they are that old. It sent dragons into a spiral. No one to rule us. That is when Humans really began to kill us. We had become dangerous, but at least we were free."

Le'vesh growled and hopped down, meeting Leana's eyes, "This girl is the last member of the family. Presumed dead. I served their damned family. She was a newborn when they fell. Even I thought she was dead, but her energy is unmistakable. She must have had her powers bound." He chuckled, "She probably can't even shift forms. She's stuck as a human right now." He shook his head, "I don't want a repeat of what happened. If they knew she existed, there would be an uproar. Civil unrest. She would have to be instated, as the rightful ruler, but those in charge would fight it. Everything would go to hell."

Leana was listening, wide eyed, and when he came close, she backed into Osiris, afraid, "That is completely insane. It would be impossible. I am just a normal person. I don't even have that much magic..." She caught Osiris's hand, and held it tightly, turning to face him with a furrowed brow, "I don't know what's going on..."

Osiris bristles as Le'vesh moves closer, still not trusting him and ready to rip his throat out at the first chance. "Yes, you leashed this dragon as he tried to attack you," he says to Leana before addressing Le'vesh, "You will not be finishing what you came here to do. I would say you got your revenge and this girl is innocent." Osiris feels little emotion from the dragon's story and expects to never have a mate, being an outcast dragon, let alone a black dragon.

He growls at Le'vesh, "You know very well I was taught nothing! And I honestly don't care much for our history." Osiris closes eyes and calms down as he listens to the story and then tenses. "She is royalty? Then why did she bond with me?" He is deeply confused and on edge. "So you were under her command and now you are again. I guess you don't like your power being taken away either so I see what you mean. However, I won't let her be harmed and the others be damned if they don't like it."

Osiris protects Leana as he speaks to her silently, "You do have that much power, and there is some stashed in that bracelet as well. You were never normal, hence why everyone went out of the way to give you issues. As to what he is saying, I don't know either way."

"Everything is nuts..." Leana muttered, looking down and pushing Osiris away lightly, "Let's get this child home. Le'vesh, follow at a distance, but still within my sight. I do not trust you." She looked at Osiris, and waited for him to shift, then hefted the small child up first, and got on afterwords. She made sure that the girl was safe before they would take off.

Le'vesh looked at her, "I am not going to harm her anymore... Fine. I suppose we need to get her to remember, since she remembers none of it. She was an infant, yes, but she should be implanted with the knowledge she needs to rule. It's what they used to do..." He grumbled, but nodded and did as she said, following behind Osiris when he took off.

Osiris shifts back to his dragon form and lets the girls climb up onto his back. "I would rather have him in front of me so i could keep an eye on him, but I guess you are the queen now," Osiris is grumbling as he turns his back to Le'vesh, tensed up in case something happens that he doesn't like, before taking off from the town center. Once they start to fly away from the destroyed town, Osiris uses his senses to feel the energy from the little girl and begins to track similar energies at other villages so they can find her family that is left.

"It is Leana's choice to remember or to stay ignorant. And I don't trust you or your intentions," Osiris is speaking telepathically to Le'vesh. "Leana, how much longer must we keep him around? I can sense the fear coming off the girl still and I know he is planning something involving you," he asks his rider in an agitated tone, really not happy with how events are unfolding. After some time, they arrive at the village that the family is at and he waits for Leana to handle getting the girl situated.

Leana grumbled when he called her his queen, "I still think this all sounds nuts..." She clung to him though, making sure the girl stayed safe as well. When they landed, she helped the girl down, and looked back at Le'vesh, "He knows about things neither of us do. He is useful for now. I'm sorry, Osiris. I don't want to make you uncomfortable... but stay here with him? I have to get this girl to her family." Leana then took the little girl's hand and lead her off, towards the girl's home.

Le'vesh looked Osiris over, and just huffed, changing into a wolf form before curling up and closing his eyes. He had pure white fur, but with red eyes, and was bigger than a normal wolf. He didn't feel like dealing with Osiris though. All that would result would be a fight, and he was in no mood. He did speak a little though, "I suppose I just have to serve under her family name again..."

Osiris smiles as Leana grumbles, "I said you are the queen, not my queen. You are my rider, nothing changes that. We are equals in that form." His face darkens at her words, "I don't like his company, but fine, he shall stay...for now." Osiris watches her walk off with the girl then shifts to his drow shape as he turns his glare to Le'vesh. He thinks little of the other dragon's wolf form, "Why that shape cousin? You don't seem the type to shift down without a good reason." Osiris has no opinion about Le'vesh serving again as they wait for Leana.

After some time has passed, Osiris decides to go hunting, trusting Le'vesh to stay where he is at risk of losing his life. Osiris shifts into his dragon form again, all but disappearing from sight in the shadows of the nearby forest. Stalking some small animals, he catches and eats a few squirrels and rabbits as well as a bear he ran into while saving some meat to add to their stockpile in case Leana wants to cook some on the trip. Preparing to turn back, Osiris senses a magical force calling and pulling him towards it. The magic is threatening in essence, but it is calling to him like an old friend. Walking to the source, he sends a mental ping to Leana so she can find him as he walks into a clearing the is full of tall stones encircling a stockpile of weapons. Looking at the pile, several items catch his eye and he freezes as memories flood back to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Le'vesh could sense what was going on, but didn't go to look. He just stayed put, the only indication that he cared being a turn of the head, and a raised wolf brow. Leana on the other hand was more concerned, at a base level. The moment she got the girl to her house, she hurried to the spot where he had told her he was at. Once past the town, she was jogging, if not sprinting. Leana didn't know why though, she just felt like something bad was going to happen. She got there, and saw him, then saw the stones, and the pile of weapons. For reasons she didn't understand, she hissed, and slowly moved forward.

"Osiris...?" she said slowly, getting close to him now. Leana reached out and touched his flank, a hard shiver racing through her, but she stayed standing, "L-love....? What's going on...? Talk to me... It feels bad... Really bad... I'm worried..." Leana touched him again, and the same shiver went through her, but this time she held onto him this time, "Come on. Please."

Osiris was so caught up in memories of another lifetime that he did not notice the appearance of Leana by his side. He is unable to understand the flashes for they are coming too fast and are in no understandable order, which is causing him pain as his mind stores at all and tries to make sense of it. After some time, the memories stored in the pile stop flowing into Osiris, finally emptied after the years they have been stashed. However, he is still lost in his own mind and barely feels Leana touching him as everything he just saw, felt, and heard is still being stored and calmed so he can regain control.

Blinking his eyes after what seems like years to him, Osiris finally is able to look at Leana and see the worry etched on her face. "I think we should have Le'vesh look at these items. I just saw so much that I did not live and hope I will never see in my time." He turns back into his drow form, shaking some as he sits down and says, "I have an assumption of when and what I saw, but only your new pet can confirm it." He pats the ground next to him, inviting Leana to sit there as he glares at the stones.

The moment Osiris had turned into Drow form, she didn't let him sit, and instead kissed him hard, cupping his cheeks in her hands. Leana eventually let go and looked in his eyes, "Don't worry me like that." She sat then, and looked out towards where Le'vesh was, feeling him through their connection. "Watch this," she said, and smirked, looking at Osiris before whistling loudly, "Come." For a second, she didn't sound like herself, but went back to normal just as quickly. After a moment or two, Le'vesh came in, still in his wolf form, and glared at Leana, shifting mid-stride to a human form. "What do you want, Madame?" he asked, and then grimaced, "I mean, Leana."

She raised a brow, then just pointed at the pile and the rocks, "What is it all?" He hadn't even really noticed it, but when he looked, his expression dropped, turning very somber. "We should not be here," he said, then looked at Leana, who was very close to the pile, "Do not touch them. We should leave here."

"Explain," Leana said, ordering and seeming different again for a second. He looked down, and sighed, "This is a site of many a death. Sacrifices specifically. It was ritualistic. Much power is stored here because of it. In the stones and it culminates in the pile of weapons. Every time that someone would be killed, especially a dragon, their weapon, or something dear to them, would be placed into the pile. There are many of these sites strewn around, but most are heavily protected... Could you not order me?"

"You brought it upon yourself earlier. Get over it," She folded her arms, and sighed, "You never explained why to not touch it." Leana stood, and Le'vesh closed his eyes in irritation, "It's because of the power tha-" "Ah!" Leana cried out, interrupting Le'vesh as she fell back onto the pile. She had slipped somehow at the worst time possible. The moment she touched it, her back arched in pain, and her eyes shut.

It hurt like hell, and her teeth were grit, but the moment someone would take her off of it, Leana would pass out. "I told her not to touch it!" Le'vesh said, actually concerned for her, "Damn it all. I hope she didn't get overloaded... She wasn't on it for long.... but so much of herself touched it, especially chakra points. It's impressive she is even alive! She is alive, right? She's breathing and all??"

Osiris is stunned by the strong kiss that Leana gives him as he tries to sit down, eyes wide as he looks at her as he is motionless. When she pulls away, he replies, "I wasn't trying to worry you at all. I was just caught up in whatever enters was stored there." Osiris looks back at the pile warily. He looks back at her when she whistles, eyebrow raised in surprised at her change in tone again before looking away when Le'vesh shows up. Osiris growls in his throat when the other dragon speaks to Leana, but low enough that no one can hear him.

Osiris could already tell that this place was a dangerous location and that they should be moving on before Le'vesh said anything, he had seen and felt so. "So this site is one of many where rituals were done before and during the fall of the royal family? If so, why did I react to it and receive the memories that were trapped inside? I have no connection to this stuff as far as I know." At his words to Leana, Osiris smiles menacingly at Le'vesh, "If you are tired of her ordering you, you could always ask her to have me end your existence," venom laces the words with the hate Osiris still has for the other dragon.

As soon as Leana falls on the pile and cries out, Osiris is changing back to his dragon form and is carefully removing her from the pile with his tail, expertly avoiding the pile for fear of what would happen. He lays her down on the ground softly, sensing the exact moment she passes out. Turning back into a drow, he glares at Le'vesh to stay back, not trusting the other dragon to not take advantage of her weakened state, not matter how worried he actually sounds. Osiris checks to see if she is still alive and breaths out a sigh of relief to find a slightly fast pulse but steady breathing.

Turning to look at Le'vesh after making Leana comfortable, he says, "She doesn't seem to be too bad off from the contact. Then again, I think the pile was less energized than when I first felt it's presence since it had already reacted to me recently. Now, what were you trying to say before she fell onto the pile?"

"It's because of the power that's stored inside of it... You couldn't have taken much out of it at all, or you'd be dead," Le'vesh pointed out, staring at Leana, wanting to hate her, but unable to. He sat, "We can't take her to a doctor. They wouldn't know what to do. We have to just wait until she wakes up, and hope to the gods that she is alright." After a moment, Le'vesh moved a bit closer, looking her over as best he could from the distance. To Osiris's assured uncomfortability, he just rolled his eyes, "I can't hurt her. Calm down, twitchy. Unlike you, I have at least seen something like this before."

He looked down at Leana, and inched closer, sighing, "I assume you can see the energy pulsing inside of her? Unless you aren't good at that sort of thing? I wasn't for the longest time... anyways... she should be letting go of it. It should be flowing off of her. It isn't though. Leana is keeping it inside of her for some reason. I worry the effect that will have on her, but there isn't much we can do about it. She is really clinging to the energy, even though its going to hurt her." He looked off at the forest, and then looked back at Osiris, "I'll be back." Le'vesh then darted off into the forest, shifting into a wolf form, and going out of sight quickly.

After who knows how long, maybe an hour? Leana woke up slowly, her eyes barely flickering open. She looked at Osiris, furrowing her brow. She was dizzy, and couldn't get her eyes to open all the way. Something was wrong though. She was slowly seeming less and less like herself. Her eyes suddenly shot open, no longer the shining blue like normal. Instead they were a deep purple. Leana rolled and stood, away from Osiris, and growled at him gutturally, hand up in defense.

She spoke in a language not used often anymore, the ancient tongue, "Svaust re wux?! Kii mi si ganima ekess wux ousch iejir? Nomeno ui lodeg! Svabol wer uoinota mi si tirir persvek nomeno winirlet adon? Svabol tepoha wux authot ekess ve?!" Leana hissed at him, backing up but keeping all eyes on Osiris. Her skin rippled, but she couldn't get it to actually shift. "Svabol? Thric! Svabol tira wux tir? Wux cruel fueryon! Kii shilta si ti thirku? Nurchiili svabol wux tepoha authot, usv wux nishka ehaism wer skriiod di wer shehad iejir."

((Words have real meaning, by the way. http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/))

"Never said how much energy I took from it, after all, I never touched it myself. I really would like you to explain why I reacted to it at all," Osiris growls, feeling left out of something important. "I wouldn't trust anyone else to take care of her anyway, doctor or no; Not when she is like this," he says to himself softly as he looks down at Leana's body as she still is passed out. Keeping himself from shifting as Le'vesh moves closer, he watches acutely as the other dragon looks Leana over from where he stands. "Even if you can't hurt her, I know you would like to try. You made that well known to both of us," responds Osiris before muttering silently, "And you probably participated in whatever happened at these stones."

"I can see and feel it, I have bonded to her remember? I would attempt to draw some of the energy away if I thought it was safe enough for both me and her." When Le'vesh took off into the trees, Osiris visibly relaxes some as he watches over Leana, wondering how to help her. Speaking softly, he says in her mind, "Come on my rider, you need to let the energy go. It will only get worse if you don't. Plus I need you to come back."

When Leana moves away quickly and takes a defensive pose, Osiris shifts back to dragon form and moves away carefully, taking notice of her new eye color and the unusually energy coming from her. When she speaks, his mind races again as the memories that had run through him lets him understand the old language. "I am Osiris and as to why we are linked is that you are in a form similar to humans and elves. I know you as Leana and you are my rider. If that is not who 'you' are, then I have no answer to how you got there." Osiris is choosing his words carefully, not wanting to have to engage with Leana, even if she not in control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back