Chosen

"I don't see why you'd get so upset about someone knowing your age," Leana said, holding onto his neck as well as she could. She told him the right direction, "Yes I'm fine! We wanna go towards the mountains! The smoke caused by a fireplace or two should be easy enough to spot!" She had to yell to be heard, but it was okay. Leana made the mistake of looking down as he changed course, then clinged to his neck tighter. A very powerful and very unnatural wind threw him off course, sending Leana flying and plummeting.

Shaking his head, Osiris looks over his shoulder at Leana, "Dragons are proud, and age is a major form of showing strength and wisdom. The older that beings believe that you are, the better, especially between other dragons. That is why age is important." Osiris swerves left and right, enjoying the feel of the air under his wings before heading towards distant lines of smoke in the mountains.

Barely able to feel her arms on his neck, he didn't notice her fall off when the strong gale of wind made Osiris roll in the air. However, he was able to hear screaming on the wind and started to look around until he saw her falling. With an irritated puff of smoke from his nostrils, Osiris dives down towards the ground, wings held close to his body as he gets close to Leana and grabs her with his claw. Climbing out of the dive, he flys back up and lets her climb back up his neck to his back.

As soon as Osiris picked up the terrified Leana, she scampered up onto him again, and clung to his neck much tighter now. "Thank you thank you thank you, you are amazing. I owe you my life now," she said quickly, squeezing him tightly as they neared their destination. Once she had a moment to breathe and calm down, she thought about how to do this. "So... Do you wanna just fly in there and scare the crap out of everyone? Or do you wanna stealth in as a humanoid, and then change at some point? Up to you really, I just think the stealth option is more fun. Plus, you can meet everyone more easily."

"Now, why would I ever go the easy way?" Osiris asks with a smirk as he lands out of sight of their destination and lets Leana off his back. Shifting back to his new drow form, he groans at the robe again, "Cursed thing, I have half a mind to rip it to shreds." Osiris looks out of the trees to where they need to go, waiting for Leana to take the lead since he is new here. "I have decided to scare them more since creatures seem more terrified when scared somewhere they think is safe," he remarks, a cruel glint in his golden eyes as he stares off. As an after thought, he replies, "You are welcome by the way...for catching you I mean."

Last edited by a moderator:
Leana took a long look at Osiris as soon as she was off of him, and watched him shift into a Drow form. She looked at the robes on him, and giggled, catching his hand, "I know it's irritating for now. It's just something to get used to." She thought for a moment, looking out to the town, to the little smoke trails, "You are very scary, you know. I think you might like people more if you gave them a chance, like you are giving to me. Leana smiled, and kept a hold on his hand as they walked towards the smoke from chimneys.

They got there in no time, Osiris no doubt complaining about the slow speed of this form. She just held onto his hand, the grip getting tighter once they were inside the town's limit. A few minutes in, and a group of young males walked up, smirking. Leana got in front of Osiris a bit, and stared at the floor, stopping as they stopped in front of her. They laughed at her, "Wow! You go to the dragons... and come back with a guy?! You fail even more than we thought you would. If you had even gotten a dragon, they wouldn't claim you, and you sure as hell wouldn't claim one of them!" Leana clenched his hand, "Dragons aren't just gotten. It's not that simple. They aren't an object to be gained... They are intelligent magical beings. Stop being so daft!" One of the men in the group jumped at her to scare her as the others laughed. Leana jumped a little, and just began to walk past them.

"I doubt I will ever get used to these...flimsy coverings. As to giving you a chance, that was because of the pull; otherwise, I wouldn't have even looked your way," Osiris answers pointedly. After a bit he sighs and looks over at her, "Sorry that was a bit rude, and it came out wrong. Forget I said anything, okay?" He looks up at the sky which is partially filled with trails of smoke.

When they arrive and walk in, Osiris notices Leana's grip tighten on his hand, distracting him from his internal complaints about their speed. When the boys show up, he smiles to himself as she stands in front of him and mutters to her quietly, "I am the stronger and dangerous of us both, you don't have to shield me." He watches as the boys hassle and insult her, getting more frustrated as time goes by, making the form he is in start to shift back. As Leana is defending dragons, Osiris pulls his hand from her grasp so she doesn't get caught up in the shift. The whole time, Osiris is fighting the shift, but when the boy scares Leana, he lets the form go with a huge roar. Jumping towards the boys, knocking them back onto the ground, he growls and acid builds up as he says in his real voice, "I think I should rid the world of each of you. You don't deserve to stand in the nest of dragons or deserve to treat those who are better than you as trash. Give me a reason to spare your tiny lives, NOW!" The acid that was building starts to drip, landing on the boot of one of the boys, but he doesn't spit it out at them yet.

+Leana stared at his huge form, tears starting to well up and spill over her cheeks. She felt like such a child. She couldn't find her voice, and she was crying for no reason. Maybe it was because she was scared? Or maybe she was happy? Leana really didn't know. She wanted to help the boys, even though they were so mean to her, but she couldn't. They were on their own.

One of the boys shrieked, and the another spoke up shakily, "Bbbecause we are sssorry... and itsss... against the law... P-please. We are really sorry. We won't do it again.... We promise..." An older man walked up calmly, clearly an elder. He looked at Leana, and then at Osiris, "A black dragon. We do not see many of your kind any longer. It is unfortunate. These boys are... immature and cruel, but they should not die. Please. You do not wish to sully your breed's name any further, do you? Besides... you scared poor Leana. You've made her cry. That isn't worth such a petty thing, is it?"

Osiris glares down at the boys, about to spit the acid at them as the elder walks up to everyone. In response to the elder, Osiris bows his head in reference to the obviously wise man and the sound advise before saying, "My breed has no good name to sully anymore, nor do I see any others of my kind. However, I shall spare them this time." Looking at the elder now, he uses telepathy to speak, "I would hope that most of the others here who hope to earn the trust of a dragon are not like these fools. This pact between our species wouldn't last and there would be trouble for everyone if they are fools." Before turning away from the boys, Osiris spits the acid dangerously close to them, but is careful that it doesn't splash on them. He looks at Leana and then looks down as he speaks to her in her mind, "I apologize for scaring you, but I was tired of them and their treatment of you."

As soon as the boys were out of the way, the elder walked up to Osiris, looking up at him, "No good name to sully or not. Do you wish to be like the rest, or your own person? Those boys are not like most of us. They will learn the error of their ways eventually." He looked at Leana, who was staring up at Osiris, silent, "Leana dear, do you accept his apology?" She nodded vigorously, and stood, standing near to Osiris, "Yes. Of course I do. He was only looking out for me."

He nodded, and looked again at the dragon, "All is well then. My name is Tien. I am an elder of the organization." Tien smiled at Leana, "So. Have you two connected yet? Made that bond?" Leana blushed and shook her head, knowing what he meant. He was referring to how the bond was made, which Osiris probably didn't know. Lien chuckled, "That's too bad." He looked Osiris in the eyes, "Don't let her slip away from you. She's a keeper."

Leana glared at Lien, and huffed, folding her arms, "If he doesn't want to then he doesn't have to! Besides. He's probably only tolerating me. I don't see why he would think any different." Lien chuckled again, walking nearer to the two of them, "Well, what do you think of her?"

"I am my own dragon even in my own kind," Osiris looks away, "Others of my species left me for dead until the guardian of the nest found and saved me. I care nothing for the name of black dragons." Osiris fights to control his anger and only achieves this when he hears Leana forgive him.

"It is a pleasure to meet you elder." At the old man's words, Osiris turns back into the drow form and looks between Tien and Leana as they talk about something involving a bond between rider and dragon that he never heard about before. He looks suspiciously at Leana as he answers Tien, "I thought she was a potential tamer, not a keeper." As she gets huffy with the old man, Osiris's confusion grows. "What do you mean old man? I feel a pull to her and...I guess I like her, but I don't see the importance of that."

"She is a potential whatever she wishes to be. Her potential is her own, who am I to tell her what that is?" Tien said, looking over the Drow form, "Keeper or tamer don't do it justice. You are your own person, just as she is. No one keeps anyone. The only thing that you need tamed is your anger. It can fell even the mightiest of giants. Leana needs to work on how naive she is. No one is perfect." He brushed an old hand against his grey beard, thinking, "I think she is meant to be your rider, and Dragons commonly only have one rider until that one rider dies, so that would be no small matter. It would be up to you two though. You feel a pull to her. I had felt that before with my Dragon partner, Azael, the golden dragon."

He cleared his throat, and dragged his hand through greyish long hair, "It is something that especially the Dragon feels to his very core. Even though you've just met her... imagine her dead. Imagine her really dead. Murdered. If you feel that burning in your core, that hatred of even the idea... That is your connection to her already. It's nearly unbearable to be apart from each other for too long... and that is without the bond secured."

"One thing I did get from the black dragon name, nearly uncontrollable distance for nearly everything. You got the lucky pick of dragon that is just very vain at times. However, if you want a temperamental dragon, I could happily bring a red dragon down for you." Shaking his head, Osiris looks at Tien, "My anger comes because of my bond with Leana, and I don't need to think about her dying to know it is really there."

Osiris thinks back to the nest where he had felt a pull at the core of his being when he first saw Leana and the shock that ran through him when she first touched him. He knows they are meant to be dragon and tamer, but he doesn't understand anything about it but the pact that must be made.

He waits for Tien to leave before turning to Leana and looking her straight in the eye, "Are we gonna secure the bond or not? I already accept that you are to be my tamer."

She bid Lien farewell for now, and then looked at Osiris in his Drow form. Leana blushed, staring at the floor, "Are you sure you want me to..? I'm just trouble really..." She bit her lip, and looked up at him, "Okay then. We will. This is the easiest way." Leana let out a slow breath, and walked up to him, grabbing his hand in her's. "Come on," she said, pulling him along back towards the tree line until they were just inside the trees. "You've got to try really hard to keep your form. Alright?" she asked, staring into his eyes, trusting him not to hurt her.

Leana moved to him until she was almost unbearably close, and then pressed her lips to his, closing her eyes as a huge shudder rushed through her. She couldn't help but gasp, even though she knew that she was going to do that, the feeling of it was overwhelming. She hugged him tightly, tucking her head under his. A light would begin to shine through Osiris's form, the core of a Dragon being a very bright thing. If he chose to then kiss her back, some of it would go into her, and the bond would be completed.

Osiris watches her fumble with her words before she drags him back towards the trees. "What are we gonna do? And I will hold my form unless I lose complete control." He senses Leana's fear and trust as he says this.

When they are inside the cover of the trees, he is caught off guard as she moves up to him and kisses his lips. At the contact he feels energy course through his body and his entire being feels ready to explode. As she starts holding onto him tightly, the energy starts causing his body to glow dimly through the form's dark skin, slowly growing brighter. In the end he makes her look at him again and kisses her back.

After some time, he pulls away and sees some light coming from Leana's body too. "So...that was the bonding?" Osiris sounds breathless and a bit confused but he feels content inside. He watches as she slightly stumbles and he moves over so as to keep her from falling over or collapsing from the obvious exchange of energy. "You okay there little one? You look a bit uneasy right now," he looks at her worriedly.

As soon as his lips touched her's again, and the energy actually went into her, she nearly passed out. Some of her went into him as well, but there really was no comparison to a Dragon's soul energy. She nodded once his lips left her's, but she still clung to him protectively, not wanting to leave his side. "I'm fine. I... I think that was... yes," she said, a dark blush creeping onto her cheeks.

The large amount of light from him had left through his mouth, and into her, touching and changing her very core. Some of her own, dimmer light did the same to his. They were now Dragon and Rider, effectively a mated pair. Leana looked up at him, still clutching him, and chuckled softly, "How did you keep your form so well...? And how do you feel, Osiris?" She laughed again, a soft ringing sound, "I guess I have a Dragon, and you have a Rider."

She pushed off of him lightly, standing on her own for a moment before nearly collapsing. "I'm okay! I'm okay," she assured him, Osiris certainly very close to her after she stumbled. Leana looked at him again, and smiled weakly, "Powerful lot, Dragons." She would smell like a rose garden in bloom, everything from the freshly tilled dirt, to the roses themselves.

Osiris watches the blush grow on Leana's cheeks as she takes in what just happened. He can sense her core and heart, so he assumes that she can feel the same from him. However, in a surprising rush of excitement, he can slightly feel her thoughts and feelings, and he hears the phrase "mated pair." He temporarily lets it go, but he will eventually ask her about that.

"My control was not taken from me in this case. You were in no danger unless I did change, so it was no trouble to keep from shifting back." He smiles at her as she laughs, "Am I what you wanted or expected in your destined dragon? I never actually expected to have a rider." Still holding her in case she starts to stumble again, he leads her to a flat rock that at the base of a tree, Osiris tries to ignore the scent of roses coming off of Leana. "Of course we are powerful," he answers with a smug look, "We breathe fire, are bigger then most species, are heavily muscled and have scales tougher then most armor and weapons, and we are usually highly intelligent. We do have the odd dragon who never learns and die young." He shrugs then sighs, "Sorry, guess I sound too high and mighty after that little speech."

Leana stared at him, listening to his word intently, "I don't care if you sounded high or mighty at all..." She looked practically starstruck with him, and Leana smiled, "I didn't expect to have a dragon at all..." She leaned into him, and kissed him once more, shivering hard the moment their lips touched. She pulled away after a second, but stayed maybe an inch from his face, staring into his eyes, "You may be all high and mighty, but you still kiss little old me..." It was embarrassing, but she was already in the first stages of puppy love. She just kept looking in his eyes though, blushing, "So... What now...?"

Osiris looks around the patch of trees they hiding in, feeling embarrassed and not knowing what to do with her adoring look at him. When she kisses him again, he freezes as his core reacts and steals his bodily control until she moves away. "Ya, well...I'm glad you liked it," he stutters out as he looks at her eyes and is happy he can't blush with this skin color, "I have no clue what to do now, but I'm getting hungry and I feel like hunting."

Taking a few steps away from Leana, Osiris turns back into his dragon form, all but blending in with the shadows caused by the trees around them. "Please wait here or return to the compound as I go catch something to eat," he looks down at her, "Unless you rather watch me kill some creatures..."

"How about you eat the local cuisine instead?" she said, and laughed, walking up to his dragon form, and touching his snout lovingly, "It won't kill you or anything. Plus, you will probably need to eat less when in a smaller form." Leana walked towards the town, "Come on. You know you don't want to get left behind, and miss out on food. I'll pay. You might actually like it. We can eat in the local tavern. They have alcohol and beer. Should be fun to see a dragon drunk." She giggled at the idea, and beckoned him to follow before turning and walking to her destination.

Once there, she motioned at the door, "What? Not going to get the door for a lady?" Leana giggled and nudged Osiris, "Kidding kidding. There are probably a good number of people inside though, okay? So you have to just keep your cool around them. I know you aren't used to it. Humans can say some pretty stupid things, especially when drunk. Just remember they are fragile, and not to change while indoors. Alright?" She went inside finally, and sat at an open booth, motioning for Osiris to sit across from her. While waiting for their waiter, she struck up some conversation, "Well. You should tell me a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And what happened with your family? If you want... I mean..."

Osiris contemplates this, "I guess I could try it, but I doubt my appetite changes since I am a dragon inside, no matter what shape I take." He shakes his head, feeling distracted by her touch, before shifting to his drow form and following Leana. "I would rather not drink anything but water since I have heard nothing good about any species who drinks alcohol and I don't know how I will react to it," Osiris sighs as he walks up to the tavern behind her.

At her remark, he looks at her with a confused face, having very little interaction with technology or cultures of other species. "As long as they don't piss me off or I don't lose control, I should be able to keep my form easily enough," he answers as he follows her inside and sits across from her in the booth.

"As with most types of dragons, we come from a land that none of us can remember. However, I was hatched in the mountains we just came from, although higher up and deeper inside, where few dare to tread." He looks up at the roof, "As to my 'family'," he spits the word out, "I would be dead because I didn't fit the standards of black dragons in where we have to kill another of our kind in order to have a nest and a mate in the caverns of our kind. My brood mother attacked me and left me outside the mountain to rot, which I was saved from by the guardian of the dragon nest you found me at." He looks at her sadly, "And you?"

"I don't really have family," Leana replied, frowning at his own terrible past, "I'm sorry that happened to you. My family is unknown. Even what I am is unknown. They know I have magic in my blood, but that I cannot truly access it. I just showed up here one day as a small child. No memories of anything. I must have been maybe... Five?"

The waiter arrived and she smiled at her, "I would like a turkey sandwich please, and my friend Osiris here would like a steak. Rare please... Oh! And two waters." The waitress nodded and moved off, coming back soon after with their orders. Leana motioned for Osiris to try it, as she delicately picked at her sandwich. Eating it slowly.

"I am sorry you were left alone, but at least you had a place to watch over you instead of just being left to die," Osiris says, trying to get her to feel better about it. "And you would have to have magic in you in order to bond with a dragon, so that is no surprise to me. However, I can't tell you what you are either." He lets Leana order and when the food arrives, he stares at it with a ravenous look in his eyes. He is fighting to keep his form as he looks over at Leana to find out how to eat it 'properly' rather than as a dragon. He hopes no one else notices the texture of his skin changing to that of scales before changing back to skin as his control wavers. "Is this such a good idea? I having issues just looking at the meat...," He says to her, a little pleading entering his tone.

Leana chuckled, and put down her sandwich, pulling his plate to her side of the table, "It's okay. Their steak is really good. It's worth a little patience." She cut his meat into bites, and pushed the plate back to him, "Use the fork. Stab the bits with the fork and use it to get the food to your mouth. Then repeat. It's easy. Besides, with the smaller bites, you can really get the taste. It's hard to appreciate food when you swallow it in one bite." She giggled lightly before going back to her food, taking slightly larger bites of her sandwich, getting close to halfway done. She was a slow eater, but then, she saw no reason to eat fast.

"You're right," she said once she had finished half her sandwich, "I am lucky for that. That I was adopted into this community. I just wish I knew what I was, or why I was left here." Leana took a gulp from her water, and watched how Osiris was handling the meat.

Osiris gets a little annoyed with her laughing at his predicament, but feels better when she helps him with the steak and tells him what to do. "In case you haven't noticed by now, I am not that patient. Which I guess is uncommon for a dragon, especially one of my type," he mutters the last part under his breath. With painfully slow movements, he picks up the fork and spears a piece of meat after several tries before putting it in his mouth. After getting the hang of it, he gives her a look, "Well we usually swallow done several mouthfuls, so we still appreciate it, just not the same way. We eat to survive, not to enjoy what we eat."

When Osiris went to drink, he ended up knocking the cup, spilling it. "Oh great, now I can't even drink water correctly." He glowers at the spot, "I definitely prefer being in my dragon form."

"We will leave soon enough, and then you can be in dragon form. Alright?" She said, touching and holding his hand to calm him down a bit, "It's okay." The waitress came over and cleaned the mess up, smiling a little as she refilled his water, "Don't worry sir. A little water spill is nothing." She took their plates once they were done. Leana paid, and then lead Osiris out, holding his hand, "Why do you hate it so much?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back