• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chivalry: Academy for Future Knights

Heinrich smiled grimly as the executed swung back and forth, thinking it was a peons death to die by the rope. He would die in battle, as every Teutonic should. He had not needed Jakob's urging to watch this execution, as he found them fascinating. Watching a man die, the fear in his eyes as his body grew colder, was something he felt should be savored. He longed for his first kill in battle, wanting to see that same light extinguished by his hands.

His martial training had trumped all else in the recent weeks, and his skills had placed him in the top five in the academy for prowess. He could beat some of the instructors in single sword and shield, even with a double handed sword, though he wasn't quite as good with that yet. His knighthood was assured at the rate he was going, and a multitude of Teutonics had taken note of his skill.

The sight of the fire dragon nearby roused him from his thoughts, and yet again anger rose in him. The creatures still baffled him, and none seemed to be willing to cooperate. So far, none of the other students had managed to fulfill the Hochmeister's order of controlling one, but he would be the first. He was determined.

"Heil, Rahl," He called across the space between them, "Coward deserved it, did he not?" He smiled, a vicious visage of satisfaction at a life destroyed that wasn't his own.

Rahl was tempted to ignore the knight. He had always disliked the older human more, always scheming, manipulating, backstabbing. Not that they could help it, it was in their nature. He also did not miss the collar the knights were trying to fit around his and the others' necks. The human thought they were being subtle, and may be they were to human standard. But to Rahl's eyes, their attemps at controlling the dragons were blatant at best and clumsy at worse. Might have something to do with the infinitely vast difference between how dragons and human think.

At last he brought himself to answer.

"Yes, I suppose he does."

His voice was dry and disinterested, obviously just an attempt to be polite rather than agreeing.

Armel crossed his arms, looking visually disgusted with how these humans treat each other. "Was that really necessary?" He spoke out loud to himself. "Wouldn't a few dope smacks to the head suffice? What type of 'positive' message and lesson is this supposed to portray to others?"

The dragons stood apart from the crowd, but because the act had been committed on so high a stage, it could be clearly seen even from their distance. The rest of their pack, their group, those Dragon Watchers, had been mixed into the crowd, which was a pity. Mal had questions. In the solitude of her mind, she contemplated the reactionary churning of her heart.

The disgust of the two dragons beside her mirrored Mahl's own. With disdain her narrowed eyes turned to slits as they watched the noose choke the life out of a cowering man.

She understood the feeling of betrayal when a comrade turns tail in the heat of combat, what the extreme irresponsibility in such an action could cost. It was equivalent to murder. Mal knew this, yet still this action repulsed her. Dragonkin saw killing one another as an absolutely impossible act -- not even the mad of their kind would be put down, only captured, or exiled from the small tribe to waste away in the Death Lands. There were so few of them, after all, they couldn't risk losing any more.

And that was the root of her disgust. The execution was clear, tangible proof that humans did not value life.

Or at least, not to the extent that the dragonkin did.

"It is no 'positive', Arr'Muhil." Mahl'Iss said under her breath. "It is a show. A warning. Mark it well."

She kept her eyes on the intrusive Heinrich as she spoke, wary of this tempestuous fellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
"So how is this supposed to be a lesson? What message is it supposed to send to recruits and to us? If you see nothing but death and defeat in front of you don't retreat back to your kin and allies because they will treat you the same way? Is that some piss poor attempt at building up one's courage? Because I simply see it as irrational, barbaric stupidity. And this is coming from someone who is at least two of those three things."

She let the air dragon beside her say his piece before carefully formulating a reply. His distaste echoed in kind within Mahl. But breeding hatred and dissent was not the reason she had come; the dragons had come to understand the humans.

So she would make herself sympathize with humanity.

Her slitted eyes flashed as she turned them on Armel. "Would you leave me, seeing only death and defeat before you? Should I forgive you if you did? Think rather than assume, Arr'Muhil. This is a matter of justice in the humans' eyes. Is that not so, Heinrich?" She turned to face the human as she spoke.

Heinrich narrowed his eyes at the newest fire dragon, inspecting him critically at the lackluster answer. Such things should be a matter of importance to all, yet he seemed uninterested. Fascinating.

"Yes, justice," He mimicked halfheartedly. "To allow a fellows death because you value your own life more is unacceptable. A knight should die fighting, not running." He finally tore his gaze from the fire dragon to look at the woman. Or, dragon woman... Whatever she was.

"Knights are supposed to live as examples of power and knowledge to all. They are everything we aspire to be. To see one running puts them all in doubt, and cannot be condoned."

"Leave you? No. I would pick you up and attempt running the other way if we had to retreat though. But that is the keyword here. Retreat. If you see something that is obviously going to kill you if you fight it head on, then you get away from it and figure out what the next plan of action is. You can run back to your allies and warn them by saying 'hey, don't go running into that area head first because that army, beast or whatever is going to rip you a new one.' Or they could stay out of sight in order to make another plan of attack. If this man that was just hung was indeed 'running away' instead of retreating then he wouldn't have showed his face here. He would have just threw away his armor and hid away at some village. I believe he retreated back here specifically to warn us about something, that we should get ready for something to show up. And yet these drunk, bloodthirsty bozos here decide to hang him instead of listening to him. If this threat is indeed true and we get attacked overnight then it is all on them for not taking it seriously. With that said I think me, you, and Rahl should start being prepared for anything at this point because I have a bad feeling about this."

"Life does not present us with challenges we are not equipped to meet." Heinrich said simply, not bothering to argue with the one dragon he had come to see as useless in his frivolity. "In any case, he's dead now. Full stop, so to speak." He had to chuckle at his own brand of grim humor before turning to his armor bag behind him. He had gotten incredibly efficient at equipping it, and continued to talk while he began synching up the leg straps.

"I'm more interested in the hunt than some fool with no spine. When will they be announcing the objectives?"

Dead man, dead man, swinging in a tree.

How many dead men do you see?

Tongue turned blue and face gone gray.

Watch them as they twist and sway.

Cordelia chuckled, the nursery rhyme tickling a crude smile as she hummed to an unheard tune. It was a egregious song, but seemingly fitting the moment. Her eyes followed the corpse, the cooling body slowly falling, limply still and motionless, unless an insignificant breeze pushed its small strength against it. She almost wished she could poke the body, no actual reasoning behind the thought. A simple whim that instantly repulsed her. He may have been a boneless coward but respect was needed for the dead. Afterall, a life was a life.

She swung her legs, heels hitting against the stone wall, small flecks of eroding pebbles falling to the ground. This spot particularly chosen, not because she got a better view but because it was far enough away so she wouldn't have to choke on the ghastly fumes of rotting meat in the midday sun. She would never know why they just left the bodies there. It was a disgusting display that could spread disease like a wildfire. She saw why dragons thought so lowly of humans. The paraded shows they put up, flaunting the power those in noble position held.

She blinked, eyes closed to keep out the bustling people, muttering darkened gossip of the words that dead man spoke. They too, haunted her mind. A cautioned warning, dipped in thick hatred for those who placed the rope around his neck and even more so for those who watched. The warning, she didn't know what to make of it. But the only bias she held was that it had to do something with those blasted dragons.

Her eyes flew open, darting around the colors of the crowd until they fell on the masqueraders. Huddled around one of the students and talking leisurely. Her hand clenched, nails biting into the flesh of her palm. Part of her wanted to go over and demand what was the real reason they were here surrounded by humans. This hanging had nothing to do with them. They are outsiders and the laws of humanity could and would never apply to them. But she didn't move towards them. No, she held back because it wouldn't help her cause.

Jumping down from the wall, she landed in the ground, a haze of dust flying into the air and only to find a new home in some other forsaken spot. Brushing herself off, she wondered if she could leave. The punishment was over and she was only being buffeted by passing men and women.

(Sorry, I'm late to the party. Didn't know what to write at all. > w < )

Lureana listened as she munched her own pastry. It was odd for a Teuton to not enjoy fighting, though she also supposed that it was strange for a Lionhart like herself to not mention the lack in the boy's attire and appearance. When he smiled, she returned a small one of her own.

"It's not a problem really," she said before eating the last of her sweet. "I am a Lionhart. I can afford the loss," she winked and waved away his notions with her free hand while she licked the sticky honey off the other. She found his flustered motions to be rather amusing, and she grinned at the thought.

It was within that moment that she took notice of a rather stoic man staring at them. Did they really look so odd a pair in the street that they would call forth attention? She didn't think she wore anything strange other than her usual Lionhart crest, and her cloak. She met the man's gaze and nodded to him.

"Goodday, sir," she said. The man was obviously a knight, but no one she recognized from the Academy or within town. Her gaze shifted from Wyatt to the knight before she let a polite smile spread across her lips.

@TerraBooma @TheFallOfitAll

Areynia watched the hanging studiously and remained even after the rest of the crowd disbursed. A small notebook was held in her left hand, her thumb pressed into the binding to hold it open and keep her page. With her write hand she scribbled furiously in a cryptic shorthand, glancing around at the scene and surroundings and only briefly at her writing. It could be deduced she was very practiced with transcribing and thus it was done with minimal effort. For some time she went (as far as she knew) unseen by the citizens participating in the festivities. Knights and commoners intermixed around her with palpable excitement for the Grand Hunt that would begin shortly. Areynia's own excitement was more tempered as she was not quite the sporting type to take part.

After a little consideration she put the pen in place and shut her little notebook, holding it casually with one hand while her other retrieved her ever-present staff from her back. It was a walking implement, a magical implement, and also an implement of comfort. With so many strange things about her it was reassuring to grab hold of a not-so-little piece of security. With a smile and a nod to Jakob she approached the dragons to greet them. This elicited scorn from the few clergy around that witnessed the spectacle but many had already written her off as an idiot and most knew she had made herself the "official dragon watcher." Grumbling was ample that she did not speak of them or treat them with enough malice but she had reassured her supervisors that the most cunning devils do not expose themselves to hostile opponents. It was a tense situation to be sure.

For her part in this predicament, Areynia remained bright, buoyant, polite, and as charming as ever- regardless of race. With a firm footing of logic and a defense of reason on her side, no priest could intervene with her greeting. Areynia imagined that a few of them hoped and prayed at night that the 'demons' would smite her on the spot. No such luck... yet. "I've never been to a celebration like this before- The Grand Hunt, I mean. It's my first time here just like all of you." With a stumbling curtsy that showed an alarming lack of coordination, she beamed at the trio despite whatever reactions they might have. "My name is Areynia Schwartzenacht. It is nice to meet you! Hello again, Heinrich. I hope you have been succeeding more in your endeavors than you did in hide-and-seek." An innocent grin.

Heinrich didn't dignify her with a response, instead slapping his helmet on over his head and beginning to tie the chin strap into place. He was disappointed he still couldn't put the Teutonic horns on his helmet, as he wasn't officially part of the sect yet. Once he became a knight in full with the winged horns and all, he thought he would never take the thing off.

The woman from the clergy baffled him in many ways, though it was hardly surprising they would show such incompetence in their choice for observer. For all their reading and all their knowledge, they were woefully ignorant of the world and its workings. To choose a uncoordinated, thin skulled acolyte instead of a priest proved them to be weak of both mind and body.

Without saying goodbye to the humans, he bowed to the dragons and left for the general area of the markets. A huge crowd made it difficult to pass through, but he shoved his way through the press of bodies, looking for anything of interest.

Mahl'Iss listened closely to what Armel said, and found it resonated in her. Her experiences in the Death Lands had exponentially increased the value of self-preservation, and the lesson that there was no slight chance at preventative measure worth overlooking had been intrinsically instilled in her. There was nothing to lose in being on high alert, she ascertained.

"Sound words." She said finally. She turned her gaze on the crowd, blue eyes squinting for sight of the boy rumoured to have been rescued by the executed knight.

She found Lureana first -- the woman's sleek raven hair was an easy sighting in a crowd of browns and sand. And the boy beside her --Wout, she thought she recalled -- was quickly identified by the strange mask wrapped around his neck. Goggles, they'd called them, and those were the subject of occasional mockery.

She almost launched for them, but Heinrich's question stilled her action. Jakob had explained the rules of the Grand Hunt earlier. A huge manuscript of every beast and its subsequent reward would be nailed in the town square for the day prior, and the beasts released the morning of the Hunt. The hunt itself began at midday, and could last anywhere from three days to three weeks. The greatest beast was all player's truest quest -- and this year it was rumored to be a foreign, never before seen creature of wilds unknown. The townsfolk had gathered in the market square, and many had sought out the paper. Mal had little interest in the whole happening, however, as she was confident an average prize would suit her unwelcome existance. But explaining all she knee seemed quite the chore, so Mal simply glanced away, expecting someone else to answer.

As the priestess approached, the ice dragon ghosted by, tarrying down the hill and through the crowd for the duo she'd seen at the bread stand a moment ago. It was a trial of pushing past the stubborn and enduring the gasps of the observant until she broke through the writhing mass of bodies to fall in behind a towering man. Mal stepped around him, breaking into the circle of persons.

She nodded quickly to Lureana -- a human gesture she'd been picking up on -- and turned her gaze on Wout.

"Are you who they say you are?" She said quickly, wasting no time and barelling past whatever reaction her devilish eyes and unnatural hair would incite. "The boy who was saved by that knight?"

@TerraBooma

Wyatt still feels a bit guilty about knocking down Lurenna's treat, especially now that she's being so nice to him, but apparently she can afford it, or so she states. He has a feeling that she's not exactly explaining everything but before he can really question it he's interrupted but Lurenna herself pointing out a mysterious figure behind him. Spinning he turns to see someone dressed as a knight, although a bit odd. He stumbles for a bit before starting to speak.

"Oh! H-Hello Sir." He stumbles over his words in his surprise. "Did you want to talk to us? W-what brings you here?"

However, before even that conversation can get underway a woman bursts into the conversation. It takes Wyatt a second to realize that she isn't quite human, her eyes and hair both looked a little...off. With a start he realizing she must be a dragon, and he's filled with many emotions at once: He of course feels slightly nervous and afraid, but he feels more curious about her then anything. He knows almost nothing about Dragons minus stories, and he figures most of those must be twisted out of proportion. So when she barrages him with a few questions regarding the dead knight, he almost doesn't know how to react.

"T-That would be me." He says, starting to feel a little uncomfortable at the amount of people currently talking to him, it doesn't help that the Dragon's entrance drew more then a few stares. To Mahl it would seem she is the problem, but Lurenna or Mahl herself would most likely notice that the more stares they drew, the more he seemed to squirm. Wyatt had always hated being the center of attention, and crowds were only worse. "My name is Wyatt." He takes a breath. "Sir Lars of Buckholtz saved my life from that thing...and in turn he was executed on the spot." Shuddering he gathers his courage and looks Mahl in the eye. "He was trying to save who he could, he was no coward." Taking a breath, trying not to let his emotions overwhelm him he figures he should ask her a question too.

"And who might you be?"

He Who's Name Does Not Exist

Before he could respond, a dragon had walked up the group. He had nothing against dragons, but he had nothing for dragons. He decided to wait until their conversations were over before he would speak, as it was generous, and not rude. The man decided to look over the group, the boy had goggles, which defined him, made him stand out, and earned him some of the man's respect.

Then seeing a lull in the conversation, he responded, "I am a Knight, call me as you wish. I have returned so I may resupply, participate in the Hunt, and possibly find a squire."

And being him a man of few words, that was all he spoke.

He could see the life leaving the human, saw it in the dimming eyes, the softening terror on the man's face into a blank look, of the relaxed and limp posture the body assumed as he stopped kicking and wiggling. He could feel the soul itself rising above its mortal shell, uncaring of the troubled world it had left behind. Another life lost, just like that, in a blink of an eye. The air smelled faintly the scent of lilac, somewhere far away, like a tribute of the fragile mortality that had been sacrificed, condemned by the foolish child of the so-called order, of twisted morality. There was something sacred in death, something purifying and inviolable, unfazed and uncaring for the anguish and regret it leaves behind. In death, dragons, human, worms, all balanced and equal, all remnants of something that was, once. Death does not discriminate between the rich and the poor, the dark and the light, nor the noble and the undeserved, and that's why it was feared so, for before the Gate to the Other Side, all are equal and all are nothing. The end of a life, both fascinating and terryfying, the inevitable doom that awaited every soul, worthy or not.

Meat, that was what to be left behind as a life ends. Useless meat. His parents, the Foresworn, cattles, human. Only rotting meat.

The other human though, condemned their own kind to death and watched as entertainment seemed untouched by their action. Fools. Too self-absorbed and busy scheming against one another to stop and look the deeper meanings in the eyes. Not that their meager selfish mind could come close to comprehend, let alone appriciate any order other than their own. Too content on survival to really see the beauty of nature.

"Pleasure to meet you." He inclined his head to the priestess, physically forcing himself to remove "human" from the greeting. "What interest have you in us this fine morning?" He had always marveled at how cold Mahl's voice could be, but at that moment his voice came shockingly close to that indifferent tone that raised many's hair upon speaking.

The boy was stuttering, his eyes shifting. A downcast look overcame him, an uncomfortable fiddling. He was intimidated, fear stiffening his movements. Mal could only assume it was because of her.

The recognition didn't concern her. He was answering her anyway, after all, which was more she could say for most on Acadeny grounds. He confirmed Mal's wondering, and made to defend the knight, which was silly as well as foolish -- the knight eas dead. There was nothing more to protect.

He finished by asking Mal to identify herself.

It was then that the knight interrupted, quickly, and Mal glanced his way, judging his contribution irrelevant before returning her gaze onto this Wyatt fellow.

Mahl'Iss shrugged, one shoulder raising and falling in a show of unconcern. "It's obvious enough, isn't it?" She said quickly. Her thin hand brushed by her whiteless eyes, tangled in a show of her hair. She was a dragon, and the sharpening of her expression challenged the stuttering coward to run from this devil.

"You were there, then." She said quickly, tersely. "Good. There's something I want to know from you; the man's last words before he died. The monster. Tell me about that."

@TerraBooma

Wyatt had a feeling that Mal didn't like him much, or anyone around them for that matter. He could see the change in her expression, a dare to run. He almost takes it, at least he would have been away, but she wanted to hear his story, his side of the events, so he steels his will and looks her in the eye. He was slightly annoyed at the fact that she refused to tell him her name, he knew she was a dragon, that much was apparent but there wasn't really a way for him to know her name since he's been away from the academy for so long, the commotion caused by the beast attack hadn't really let him catch up on the news. However he had a feeling that he really should talk to her, at least she wanted to hear the story, which raises her above most of the officials that questioned him.

Taking a breath to study himself. He finally let his mind wander back to when they were out hunting.

It had been a quiet evening for the most part, with the great hunt coming so quickly a few of the nights decided that they should hunt for some food before the thing started. That way even if the Academy's stores run out, (Which did happen on occasion on events such as this.) They themselves could still feed on a regular schedule. He hadn't managed to hit much himself, as he was one of the people charged with watching whatever they took down, a lone cart full of food and skins. He took a few shots here and there, but the squirrels and rabbits he killed just hadn't been worth taking up room in the cart. As the moon started to rise however, things started to...well...change.

The game that had been so easy to hunt just a few hours earlier became frightened and scared, the occasional small hunting party went missing, and their numbers started to dwindle, the party of 40 men became 35, then 30. Wyatt didn't know what happened to these men, and by the time they were down to half strength they decided to stop hunting to let the stragglers (For that's what they thought had happened) to catch up.

He was one of the few men still awake when a howling scream pierced the night.

It shook men awake from deep sleep, and those already awake instantly took to their bows, a few grabbing their swords when a bow was nearby. He couldn't see much past the firelight so he stuck close to the closest knight around, Sir Lars. Loading his crossbow he had flickered his eyes throughout the night, for what felt like hours but was really only minutes. When the creature finally came, the battle was over in only a few short moments.

The beast showed itself quickly, giving no warning as it attacked the far side of the clearing from where Wyatt and Lars had stood. The screams of men brought all of the hunters to the sound, and a vicious but short massacre ensued. Arrows seemed to do nothing against the monster, swords not cutting it at all. In short, the weapons they had to bear were all but useless against it.

On the other hand, the beast's attacks were all too effective. Simply touching a man seemed to bring him down, and it had claws and spikes that would each tear a man down in second. Some men had called it a dragon, others still other names. Wyatt knew nothing but fear as it tore through the men around him. He was frozen in fear and knew that this would be the end of him.

Or at least, it would have been. Sir Lars seemed to know the fight was lost from the start and had instantly bolted towards one of the spare horses, he came back and grabbed Wyatt as the monster tore through their ranks like a knife through butter. The rest was history, the long ride home, teh questioning, and the eventually hanging on Sir lars on charges of "Cowardice."

When his tale is done, Wyatt's arms are shaking, but he doesn't break eye contact with Mal. "Sir Lars was no coward, that fight was doomed from the start." He takes a steady breath. "That's what happened, believe what you wish but I know what I saw."

Lureana watched as the blue dragon approached and she smiled at the nod. It was nice to be recognized by the dragon, as if she had made a friend among them. Though, she was mostly assuming such a case. She had no proof of the dragon's thoughts, but she liked to remain hopeful on the subject.

Wyatt stumbled over his own greeting to the man that had approached them before he addressed their new guest. Then, she turned her attention to the man that claimed to be a knight. She gave a light bow to him, in respect.

"It's nice of you to join the Hunt. I hope you find a squire that suits your needs, Sir Knight,"she said. While he had piked her interest, she knew that no matter of bragging would persuade a decent knight to her abilities. She preferred to show her qualities rather than speak them.

When she returned her attention towards the dragon and Wyatt, she felt her brow furrow at his story. It took her a moment before she smoothed her expression. She watch Wyatt, as the boy seemed to return to his previous shaken-up state. Taking a step forward, Lureana placed a hand on his shoulder in comradery.

While his tale did raise questions, she felt that he was a bit too overwhelmed with emotion to think to clearly on his answers were she to ask them. She removed her hand and let Wyatt calm himself. She smiled gently, though she did see how he may have not enjoyed her earlier statement on the law. While the disaster that befell him and the knight was terrible, she did believe in the laws that were set in place for Knights for a reason, and they kept those that served in line. One exception to the rule did not make her question its authenticity.

She let none of her thoughts show and displayed only silent support for the lad as she stayed close. Though, she did not stand so close that she invaded Wyatt's or Mal's comfort.

Armel silently pondered to himself and observed his surroundings. "This isn't good. This isn't good at all." He began muttering to himself in his own tongue. "Loride knights are supposed to be one of the craziest types of people among their kind. What did that poor fool see that got him running all the way back here? I'm afraid we are all going to find out that answer the hard way." Armel gazed at Mal approaching a group of humans. He raised a brow as she began questioning the youngling who was supposedly saved by the late knight. "Hrm, good thinking scary ice lady."

Armel's train of thought was interrupted by a female human who identified herself Areynia to Rahl and himself. "Huh who what where?" He reacted as if being woken up by a day dream. "Ah, well apologies I was sort of deep in thought for a second there. Um...top of the morning to ya! Another morning another execution am I right? Heh heh...eh." Armel replied with feigned glee.

The boy had seemed uncomfortable, even but soon Mal saw a hardness settle into his features.

His explanation came in earnest, in exortation that seemed both rehearsed and raw. He'd been thinking on it long, perhaps. None had ever requested he speak of it, perhaps. Alternate explanations aside, Mal's mouth caught in a thin line that turned downward as the tale progressed. A furrow shadowed her brow. His description of the monster struck a chord in her. But it couldn't be.

She closed her eyes, eyelids flickering with consideration.

Those beasts should not have come here, to this land. Not yet; they couldn't have. But what other explanation was there? She was forced to believe him.

Mal clicked her tongue as Wyatt finished. Something like anger mixed with the worry rising from her stomach. She didn't even consider bringing up her knowledge with the authorities; had they not already made up their minds? No, humanity would not listen to the scorned or despised, or even the innocent. Mal could not do much. But she had to do what she could.

Lureana had her hand on the boy. A show of affection; how human. Mal tried to adjust her tone at the sight. She ought be... gentle.

She looked on Wyatt, and said, "I am not certain if i believe your sayings, but I will say this; it is clear to me that Sir Lars protected you by running. It was a coward's act. But it was also a sacrifice."

The townsquare had a huge mob of fellows streaming at the middle of it, clotting and clumping around a high pillar wrapped with parchments coated in ink. The list for the Grand Hunt, conspicuous as always. Mal gestured a hand towards it, and then to the boy.

"Will you participate?" She asked.

@TerraBooma

Wyatt smiled softly when Lurenna puts a hand on his shoulder, the action, although simple reminded him that the people and Dragon who surrounded him were at least willing to listen.

He could sense that Mal was trying to process something, although what was going on in the cold dragon's mind nobody would be able to process. He sighed when she said she's not quite sure to believe him, but the statement of Sir Lars still being a coward causes him to be tense, however before he can lash out she gestures towards the people who had gathered for the hunt, and if he'll take part.

Wyatt hadn't really given the hunt a though during the past few days, the chaos of the attack was really too much for him to think up anything else. He's forced to think then however, he didn't have to, he could stay in his room with his inventions. But a part of his mind has been nagging at him since he talked to the authorities. He had a feeling they thought he was weak, and that he only ran because Lars told him to. While that was true, it was also because nothing could fight that monster...perhaps a way to prove it would be to show how good of a shot he was...is.

Wyatt nodded after a few seconds of thought. "I'm thinking about it yes, why do you ask?"

Jakob had no issues looking over everyone's heads around him, such was his height and stature that it made watching the goings-ons easy. His flock were still gossiping and chatting up the boy whom claimed monsters lurked in the forest.

If such things existed so close to the academy grounds, they'd have been seen by now, he thought to himself. He approached the group, letting his shadow alert them to his presence. With a single gesture of his arm in the direction of the crowds, he commanded them to start moving. It would do them no good to hear the fanciful tales of a liar, anyway.

Areynia gave a patient, brilliant smile to the two male dragons before her- though it was apparent that the fiery one of the pair was less enthusiastic to be conversing. If Rahl had meant to unnerve or scare off the diminutive priestess then he was completely unsuccessful. Her expression and buoyant tone did not falter in the face of such small adversity like mere indifference. "The church has appointed me to observe the three of you- you being the dragons. I was instructed this morning that you'd be going on the Grand Hunt and I'd be accompanying you- for observational purposes only, don't worry. I haven't caught anything of importance- except a cold. I don't suppose dragons get colds like we do, do you? You can't breathe through your nose and your head aches and you don't feel like eating and... oh my, I'm sorry."

While she wasn't certain how much the dragons knew of the church, she presumed they knew enough. It would be uncouth (even for Areynia) to explain that the clergy believed they were demons that were full of cunning malice. Really it wasn't her place to judge- merely observe, and as far as anyone could tell she was perfectly suited. She was simple, kinda, and trustworthy to a frustrating degree. Hopefully they would accept the circumstance and not dwell on the unfortunate image they had with her organization. "Oh, executions," she remarked with the edges of her mouth tipping down briefly in a frown. Of all the things she was required to do, approving of the knighthood's laws was not one of them. "Usually I'm not given the... opportunity to attend, but I'm afraid I wouldn't anyway. Do you both have a lot of experience hunting?"

Areynia tucked away both her book and her staff, placing the latter in the straps on her back for ease of carrying. It was a display of consideration for the creatures as one would suppose they would not care for the relic being in front of their faces. With nothing to grab onto, Areynia clasped her hands together and was all but oblivious to Jakob's direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back