• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Villainy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
3131c352c60fa0d14a4ade8cdfd40f8a.jpg
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella I Mentioned: I Located:
[div class="Lines"]
"I need to know!" Santo shouted as the woman's fist closed, clenching like a hawks upon its prey. His voice was audible to any nearby, as his pupils returned to his reddened eyes, frantically darting around reality. "It... Was another dream!?" He questioned himself, his hands reaching toward his eyes, rubbing them with discomfort. His blood pulsed around his body with immense pressure, his desire to unleash it rising rapidly. Removing them, he look up to see Ri once more, before quickly diverting his gaze back to the tavern. "W-We need to go!" He forced the words through his teeth, trying to hold back the feeling that began to overcome him. It was like before, after their encounter with the bandits, his body still shaking as he attempted to pull himself up.
She looked at him when he paused, about to ask him to continue when she noticed. Her hand waved in front of his face. "San..to?" Was he having a waking dream?? Was is contagious???? Couldn't be. That was impossible... She looked at him and almost went to move his mouth to be close. It bothered her that it was just agape for that moment as he stood. He came around, Before Ri could get a word in he simple told her they had to go. He looked...off...

"A-Alright, well let's go then."She took his hand to lead them through the street better as they went back. The urgency in his voice made her automatically just start forward and bring him along. It took a bit before she let go of him realizing that may have been rude to do so with out asking. He had exhibited a dislike to contact before, didn't he? or was that some one else... "Did you..have a dream too?" Ricollete looked back a moment at him. "And sorry about dragging you. " Ri gave him a lopsided smile, it was an honest mistake. She may be a loud mouth but she tried not to be rude and inconsiderate as best she could. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

"You feeling alright now?"

Leon paused, then put on another grin. "Yeah, I'm fine. Great, actually! Fit as a flute, as they say!" -he frowned as he said the last part- "Or was it 'fiddle'? Ah, whatever. Point is, it'll take a lot more than a little ol' dream to get me down." That was altogether untrue; Leon had been scared a lot more by a lot less, though he was hardly going to admit that. Nor was he particularly keen on admitting just how deeply the dream had shaken him.

‘Idiot, idiot, idiot.’ Era snatched the pencil back up and scribbled something, then circled it several times and surrounded it with question marks. With a smack, she shut her journal again and looked up as if she had said nothing.

Leon waited after Era finished writing, waited for her to share her thoughts. But seconds passed - then a minute - with the woman divulging none of the conclusions she had obviously drawn. "So Era..." Leon started impatiently, quirking an eyebrow, "You, uh, care to share?"

Yatasal Yatasal Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Anya makes her way back to the living room, walking to Era, and holding out the book she found. “Um, I can’t read this, but one of the spirits says it might help-“ She stumbles, her eyes going wide, dropping the book as she falls to the ground.

She’s grown used to the motions. The call to the edge, Santo pulling her back, the words in the sky. But this part… this is new. Inina looks so different now. Then again, this must be what she looked like when she was alive. When beautiful flesh covered the corruption of her soul. There’s a man there. Anya doesn’t recognize him, but he could be anyone, really. She doesn’t know what any of her companions look like, other than Santo, and this isn’t him.

Anya cries out as Inina reaches for the man, trying to warn him, but neither of them react, and Anya is forced to watch in horror as he seems to rapidly decay, falling to the ground as a husk, as Inina beckons Anya to her.

Anya is shaking, trapped between fear and rage. She narrows her eyes, and charges the laughing queen, tackling her off the cliff so they fall together.

Her eyes snap open, and she screams, getting to her feet to glare at the lantern. “Get out of my head!” She screams, her face twisted with rage.
Yatasal Yatasal Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Lost Lost

Jessie didn't know much, but she knew that Leon was putting on a brave face, laughing to cover up fear. She'd seen that same face on her parents whenever her family's farm hadn't produced enough crop that year. Thinking about her parents brought a sting of guilt, but Jessie swallowed it, shoving it down. No use crying over it now, and although she had always intended to return, it had been months since she left and it had only bothered her occasionally. Did that mean that something was wrong with her? Well, more wrong then how already wrong she was?

Jessie pulled her knees to her chest, and glanced at Era who closed her notebook with a clap. She looked like she had just figured something out, but hadn't shared anything yet.

"So Era..." Leon started impatiently, quirking an eyebrow, "You, uh, care to share?"
Jessie looked from Leon to Era, wondering silently if these people had replaced her family. They'd certainly been through a lot together, Leon, Anya, Ri, Santo, Era... But did that make them family?

Anya came in before Era got a chance to answer.

“Um, I can’t read this, but one of the spirits says it might help-“
Jessie watched as her friend stumbled and hit the floor on her hands and knees. She was blind, her eyes glazed over, but Jessie could tell that she was seeing something... something that wasn't there. Jessie remained frozen, watching the scene in Anya's head play out. Will we never be free of these waking nightmares? They're just so bad and they hurt...

Finally, Anya broke free. She stood up, and cast a vicious glare at the lantern sitting quietly under a blanket.

“Get out of my head!”
Jessie looked to the lantern, which just appeared to be a shaped blob underneath the blanket. Anya had told her that she could hear the evil queen's voice, and was scared of it. Jessie agreed that it would be scary, but now that Jessie had gone through her own vision, with that terrible man in the red cape... And the woman, who seemed... Jessie couldn't put a finger on it. But Jessie felt something when she saw her, some bond. The man too, she felt a bond with him. But she didn't want to feel anything with either of them. They were complete strangers, and the man was cruel. The woman didn't seem to be, but everything about her seemed... fake, somehow. The room had a tense air, and Jessie had tears come to her eyes. Why was all this happening? Who was doing this to them?

The last question she spoke out loud. "Who's... Who's doing this to us? Why?"

She instinctively felt a tug, something in her core pulling her west. She might've followed it, had she not been feeling the same pull for months now. It seemed before like a call to adventure. Now it was a curse. Jessie's shoulder jerked back, her body urging her to follow the call. Jessie put her head in her arms, resting them atop her knees. "Why?"

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Lost Lost

Era

Era’s mouth was open to reply, but just as she was about to, Anya came into the room and then promptly collapsed. When the girl recovered, she shouted at Inina in her lantern.
When Era did speak, it was slow, and her gaze turned to glare at the covered lantern.
‘Did you see Inina on a cliff?’
The children that saw each other in their first cliff dream seemed consistent in meeting the same person as the other. So of course, the other children in their first dream was not chosen from among this group at random. So the kids that saw each other were probably connected, and perhaps that connection had something to do with this non-child they met in this most recent hallucination. Only half looking, Era wrote down her thoughts as they came.
—————————
Inina-Anya&Santo
—————————
Cape Guy-Jesse&Leon
—————————
She separated each list with a line, then filled the page with more lines to designate spaces for what would have yet to be written.
‘So, I, uh… whoever is doing this, I don’t think it’s her.’ Era pointed with her charcoal pencil to the blanketed lantern. ‘She can’t do much of anything from in there, and I don’t see how or why she’d influence the rest of you.’ Her words hastened, but Era paused to slow them down. ‘I’m gonna be frank, I’m not entirely sure if it’s a ‘someone’ instead of a ‘something.’ But I have a few clues to the question why. But—Anya, you said you found a book that might help?’

Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Lost Lost

The book Anya had brought had fallen to the floor in the midst of Anya's struggles. Jessie wiped her tears from her face and crawled over to grab it from the floor. It had fallen open to one of the pages... And Jessie's breath caught. Her grip tightened on the book, and it felt like the walls were crashing down on top of her. She couldn't read any of the tiny scribbles, tiny little pictures that somehow became words, but the picture... The man... He had been burned onto her mind. She could never forget him. And oh did she want to. It was him. The red cape, the man... It was him.
1550995960061.png

((OOC: The book is called "The Heroes' History" and contains the history found in the lore page, as well as biographical accounts found on the villains' character cards. The scenes in the villain character cards are not in the book, and neither is the whereabout of their children. Other stories from the war and rebellion are included, so if you want something specific to mention or have an idea, DM me on discord please!))

Lost Lost Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Santo Guineth
Town​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
Santo's body followed weakly, before eventually garnering the strength of will to pull his hand's from Ri. His mind argued with his thoughts, demanding he take action, but he continued to walk in the direction of the inn. "D-Don't..." He managed to mutter, stumbling through an alley, hands latching to walls along the way as his body swayed, it wasn't clear by his tone exactly what he meant by that.

Clambering through, Santo slammed open the door, eyes darting around the entrance to the inn frantically. "Where is she!?" Santo mumbled desperately, staring from Era, to Leon, to Jessie, to "Anya?" had just entered the room, her body falling to the ground. Clambering toward her, the young man stared toward her rage filled expression... Her reaction to it all was different, but that empty look in her eyes... She had seen it.

Santo remained knelt for a short while, Era's words pulsing through his mind. How did she know about Inina being on that cliff? What sort of magic could have let her see into their minds. Santo's body burst up with frustration, his eyes still a dark red as he stared toward the older woman, his hands reaching forcefully at her shoulders, clenching them tightly in what seemed like an instant. "What do you know!?" He suddenly demanded, staring directly into the older woman, from the corner of her eyes she would easily be able to see the insides of Santo's arms start to tear, strands of blood hardening, crawling up toward his hands.

"What does that dead bitch have to do with our dreams!? If we could communicate with her, we could, w-we could..." The expression on Santo's face was clear, as he battled against himself to pull away, voice stuttering, his grip tightening and loosening, his mind desperately attempting to regain control. Yet... Era knew this woman, had the power to restrain her spirit, there had to be more to it all.

Lost Lost Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Yatasal Yatasal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back