• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Villainy: Players' Conversations

Yo this looks pretty cool. I was thinking what abilities I would want if I made a character. What do you guys think would fit?

We have a really random array of powers. I dunno if you've looked through them yet, but, honestly, it's basically anything that tickles your fancy. Pick something you'd enjoy, and we'll work it out. :)

Yeahhh tbh there's a lot of weird and unique ones so far hah, just get creative and make sure it has a couple drawbacks and such <3

Agreed with above.

But! If you wanna be real synergetic, feel free to pick something that'd clash with our powers. For example, Svisttt Svisttt 's character is Silan, who can basically heal others' injuries. If you picked something along the lines of "Character X can cause physical wounds to appear based on their emotional state," then you could have some angry interaction with Silan. One hurts, the other heals. Aaaaand, if you used the emotional part of it, my little kiddie is Payth, who is a reverse empath (other people can feel his emotions instead of him being able to feel others' emotions), might have some fun compatibility. That's a three-way tie right there.

EDIT: Or maybe s/he can cause wounds based off of his/her own emotional state. And maybe s/he has to be careful not to interact with people while s/he feels angry because interaction + anger literally results in death.

Last edited:
I was thinking something more useful like being able to talk to dead people or maybe walking on water, heating metal, making an arrow curve in mid air. Thoughts on one of these?

Oooooh, I love that even more. We have a girl who can see and hear spirits, so you might have compatibility with her. The other three are fair game and fun.

I was thinking something more useful like being able to talk to dead people or maybe walking on water, heating metal, making an arrow curve in mid air. Thoughts on one of these?
I would say if you want a power similar to someone else's to check with them first. Then again, the acceptance isn't first-come first-served, so that's up to you. I imagine someone who can see and hear spirits will want to develop that into fully communicating with them, but I can't speak for them of course.

Arrow curving sounds neat though imo. Walking on water is a bit too basic, though I guess it could be developed as the rp progressed.

Them walking on water turns out to be them unknowingly shooting jets of air out of their feet. Along the way they learn how to kick air at people or hover with it.

Lost Lost , ahhhh, your character is going to be so much fun with mine. Payth's "power" is others being able to feel his emotions. That, mixed with mind reading? Eeeee!

Me and Svisttt and AgWordSmith have been talking amongst ourselves and seeing what kind of special interactions our characters' powers would have on each other. If you like, we can invite you to the PM chain and we can come up with some amazing things.

Me and Svisttt and AgWordSmith have been talking amongst ourselves and seeing what kind of special interactions our characters' powers would have on each other. If you like, we can invite you to the PM chain and we can come up with some amazing things.
Yeah, I’d definitely like that!

Hey there, Damafaud Damafaud ! Good to see you here. :)

Yatasal Yatasal has been gone for these past few days--s/he has a lot of irl things--but s/he's been really kind thus far. If nothing else, make a CS, and s/he'll approve it later. As per only posting on weekends . . .I think that's something only Yatasal and the rest of the RP-ers can answer. But me, personally? I'm all right with it. And, honestly, if that means only RP-ing with my little dude (his name's Payth) to avoid holding anyone else back, then I'd very gladly keep you in the loop. It'd be fun! Seriously, I'd really enjoy that. (But, of course, I'm sure others would love to roleplay with you, too. I was just offering. XD)

I think the concern would be holding up the roleplay for other players. It's difficult in a fast-moving thread to start a conversation with someone else ("You don't mind dressing this cut, do you? I know you said you were only a seamstress, but that's more skill with a needle than the rest of us have.") and waiting a week for the reply while everyone moves on. It's stifling, you know? Especially in a group as large as this one. I think we're 7+ players now?

Anyway, point being, it'd hard to (1) become invested when everyone is moving faster (which inevitably means missing out on crucial conversations, pivotal events, etc. and needing to time-skip your character very frequently, which breaks your flow), and (2) avoid slowing others down. I don't think you'd enjoy feeling rushed any more than others would enjoy waiting.

But. (And that's a big but.)

It is up to Yatasal. The rest of us could bicker as we like, but the ultimate decision remains with the GM. No way around that. As one of the roleplayers, I personally don't mind doing some fancy stepping to incorporate everyone (it wouldn't be the first time), and I'd be eager to work something out with you. I'm serious! It'd be a lot of fun, and I think you'd like it, too. I could even make a second character (should Yatasal approve, again) if it came down to it. (Doubling up is so fun, so it wouldn't be a problem at all.) Maybe a foil to your character; maybe a foil to mine; maybe someone new entirely.

TL; DR
Yatasal will let you know once s/he's back. And as per activity, playing weekends-only would be more difficult, but not impossible--not by a long shot.

EDIT: Turns out, you can't do a typical tl; dr without the ';' and 'd' combining to make an emoji.

Last edited:
Ay, AG!

Yea my posting time is too slow to be convenient most of the time, apart from for some snail paced rp, so no hard feeling if I'm not in~

Yo people

Love it when I demand that everyone be on a lot and then am not on myself XD

ANYWAY, come one come all! To be honest that's probably what we're looking at for a lot of characters, that they'll only post on the weekends. Totally fine. Ufomi is right, it's holding up the RP that I hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back