Chat

No Ben is one of Fordee friends, me and hypnos made an agreement if he would say yes then certain things would be allowed.

I assume you know the rest? :)

Wat.

I don't mind you guys going crazy with the other RPs/games you guys do, but this is crazy with the ASoIaF RP.

Crazy how? It is entirely canon and lore friendly.

I'm not saying it's not, but the fact that a decision like this was made by someone who isn't in the RP, is of some concern to me. That's like saying I talked to a friend of Fezze and Hypnos agreed that if he/she agrees, the entire Westerland's metallurgy industry increases to mass production status to second only to Qohor. It's tactically canon given the background drew up, but massively game changing in regards to the RP. Now if you want to say that comparison is too large to the case here, consider this then:

By the same token, I have a descendant of Gerion Lannister returning with Brightroar successfully recovered since Fezze's friend said I could and Hypnos agreed to it. Can that happened as well?

I'm not saying it's not, but the fact that a decision like this was made by someone who isn't in the RP, is of some concern to me. That's like saying I talked to a friend of Fezze and Hypnos agreed that if he/she agrees, the entire Westerland's metallurgy industry increases to mass production status to second only to Qohor. It's tactically canon given the background drew up, but massively game changing in regards to the RP. Now if you want to say that comparison is too large to the case here, consider this then:

By the same token, I have a descendant of Gerion Lannister returning with Brightroar successfully recovered since Fezze's friend said I could and Hypnos agreed to it. Can that happened as well?
Considering its a joke, no.

Plus I don't see how it would be game changing, sure it would be worth a lot of money but who in there right mind would sell it? It could be useful for duels but in a large scale battle it wouldnt make that much of a difference.

The Lannisters wealth as it is now is infinitely more advantageous than Valyrian Steel armour.

Plus I don't see how it would be game changing, sure it would be worth a lot of money but who in there right mind would sell it? It could be useful for duels but in a large scale battle it wouldnt make that much of a difference.

The Lannisters wealth as it is now is infinitely more advantageous than Valyrian Steel armour.

Which is why I added the example of Brightroar. Another blond brat running around wouldn't do much to bolster the house's wealth or military power, but Brightroar would be useful for duels and prestige purposes only.

It was a joke about the Valyrian Steel armour, Ben didn't decide anything.

so had anything been decided then? Sorry, couldn't really tell when you guys are serious on that chat anymore.

Which is why I added the example of Brightroar. Another blond brat running around wouldn't do much to bolster the house's wealth or military power, but Brightroar would be useful for duels and prestige purposes only.

so had anything been decided then? Sorry, couldn't really tell when you guys are serious on that chat anymore.
No, it was all a joke. This is why you should be active in the discord, to avoid confusion.

Also I wouldn't be opposed to Brightroar.

No, it was all a joke. This is why you should be active in the discord, to avoid confusion.

Eh, fair enough. I'll pass though. Group Live chats aren't really my thing. Thanks for the update and support though (y) :)

Eh, fair enough. I'll pass though. Group Live chats aren't really my thing. Thanks for the update and support though (y) :)
But to continue my case for the VS armour. Its situation is different from Brightroar, considering Euron had it on his person and in our lore Victarion defeated Euron and then went on to crush Asha and Theons faction. So if it was eventually allowed there would be no retconning or any additions involved technically.

But to continue my case for the VS armour. Its situation is different from Brightroar, considering Euron had it on his person and in our lore Victarion defeated Euron and then went on to crush Asha and Theons faction. So if it was eventually allowed there would be no retconning or any additions involved technically.

We're going with unreleased books now? I mean if that's the case then I better get reading on the released chapters of WoW then. I mean it really depends on that. I would argue that Martin does the weird addition by letting Euron have something like that in canon. But if we go that route, there really isn't any retconning with Brightroar either, just a continuation with the story left open. Yes, it does open up a can of worms in regards to other people finishing off stories and bringing back epic stuffz, but in my mind, if Martin gives Greyjoys a V Steel suit of armor, and that carried over to here, then it's pretty much open season for any unclaimed lore items from houses :/

We're going with unreleased books now? I mean if that's the case then I better get reading on the released chapters of WoW then. I mean it really depends on that. I would argue that Martin does the weird addition by letting Euron have something like that in canon. But if we go that route, there really isn't any retconning with Brightroar either, just a continuation with the story left open. Yes, it does open up a can of worms in regards to other people finishing off stories and bringing back epic stuffz, but in my mind, if Martin gives Greyjoys a V Steel suit of armor, and that carried over to here, then it's pretty much open season for any unclaimed lore items from houses :/
How does the book being unreleased have any relevance whatsoever, the chapter has been released in its entirety, is it still not confirmed in your mind? Even though it is simply a fact? Your head canon is not canon.

Also the chapter predates the RP so the whole "can't we just add any new information that comes out in the books then?". Is simply not an argument.

How does the book being unreleased have any relevance whatsoever, the chapter has been released in its entirety, is it still not confirmed in your mind? Even though it is simply a fact? Your head canon is not canon.
Also the chapter predates the RP so the whole "can't we just add any new information that comes out in the books then?". Is simply not an argument.

This whole thing is just a collective head canon, so that's not really an answer. So what happens if in a later chapter in the same book the V Steel armor's lost because Victarion tosses Euron overboard and he sinks to the bottom of the narrow sea with it? Do we retconn the armor or not? How would it determined if it's fair? Facts are relative in an RP. I can easily say that your head canon (Victorian not tossing the armor to the Drowned God as worship sacrifice for winning the civil war in his house) isn't canon either.

Predates which RP? This one? How about the first incarnation? Oh that doesn't count since things didn't carry over? Argument or not, if Greyjoy gets a full plate V-Steel, I don't see why we shouldn't restore all the lost weapons to each house that had them. It's not like we're equipping all of the troops of one house with the weapons anyways.

Honestly, I'm more okay with giving Dalton a V Steel Axe rather than a full plate armor. That or nerf him to be more like Garlan, rather than one of the best fighters in the realm.

This whole thing is just a collective head canon, so that's not really an answer. So what happens if in a later chapter in the same book the V Steel armor's lost because Victarion tosses Euron overboard and he sinks to the bottom of the narrow sea with it? Do we retconn the armor or not? How would it determined if it's fair? Facts are relative in an RP. I can easily say that your head canon (Victorian not tossing the armor to the Drowned God as worship sacrifice for winning the civil war in his house) isn't canon either.

Predates which RP? This one? How about the first incarnation? Oh that doesn't count since things didn't carry over? Argument or not, if Greyjoy gets a full plate V-Steel, I don't see why we shouldn't restore all the lost weapons to each house that had them. It's not like we're equipping all of the troops of one house with the weapons anyways.

Honestly, I'm more okay with giving Dalton a V Steel Axe rather than a full plate armor. That or nerf him to be more like Garlan, rather than one of the best fighters in the realm.
This RP doesn't carry over though lol. Also Dalton would not even be able to fit in the armour, neither would Victarion, they are both much bigger men than Euron. We are basing our RP off of the books and in that Euron had VS armour, as I said the chapter predates this rp, the former rp is irrelevant as its not the same. Also Victarion would be more likely to keep it because of the iron price.

Anyway I am pretty much done with the whole armour thing, I put way too much effort into defending something I myself view as a joke.

This RP doesn't carry over though lol. Also Dalton would not even be able to fit in the armour, neither would Victarion, they are both much bigger men than Euron. We are basing our RP off of the books and in that Euron had VS armour, as I said the chapter predates this rp, the former rp is irrelevant as its not the same. Also Victarion would be more likely to keep it because of the iron price.

I've addressed that: if someone has pretty much an uncuttable armor even with V Steel, then why not just restore all the lost V-Steel weapons back? It's not like it's a combat ready dragon. Fair enough about the rest though *shrug*

Anyway I am pretty much done with the whole armour thing, I put way too much effort into defending something I myself view as a joke.

Alrighty then (y)

I've addressed that: if someone has pretty much an uncuttable armor even with V Steel, then why not just restore all the lost V-Steel weapons back? It's not like it's a combat ready dragon. Fair enough about the rest though *shrug*

Alrighty then (y)
I don't see a problem in restoring V-steel tbh, I think you are arguing with the wrong person here. Plus a lot of the characters here have dragons, two are combat ready.

I don't see a problem in restoring V-steel tbh, I think you are arguing with the wrong person here. Plus a lot of the characters here have dragons, two are combat ready.

Not arguing at this point, just stating an opinion. Sorry, combat ready as in Aegon's three combat ready, not combat ready as in able to kill a man ready. And the King's doesn't count :/

Not arguing at this point, just stating an opinion. Sorry, combat ready as in Aegon's three combat ready, not combat ready as in able to kill a man ready. And the King's doesn't count :/
Not for player characters but its still a combat ready dragon. I was just pointing out we have quite a few dragons which I personally quite like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back