Chat

Different. . Climates. One is my first RP group. We do our RPing on Discord. But that's. . Dry and slow. Not gonna last past this Summer, I feel. The other is my first RP group from RPnation. Anddd. . .Three people are left in it. And they're all busy. The other - not the ASOIAF group - is a shitposting group that doesn't know I RP. NOOO HOPE!

He's been writing in since 2012 and had 25% done in 2014 (after having the Battle of Ice and Fire moved to Winds and doing some other Tyrion chapters when writing Dance). I have no reeaaaal faith in it. And the show is just pandering now.

Also. To both of ya'll. What's the point of 1v1's now? Are they still mostly romance stuff?

Well, I mean that attitude doesn't help XD. And if you can't make other people interested in what you're thinking, maybe make yourself interested in other people's things? Like this RP? :P

Yeah, I mean it's making more progress than HL3, but not by much. I find 1x1 to be quick, high replies, and the plots move a lot quicker than group, which means faster characterization (but same length stories) but also higher expectations of you from your partner. They're not always romance, as mine aren't. I'm not anti-romance, I just rather have it develop naturally between characters. There's also an ease of having someone else work with NPCs, but not all of the work falling on a single GM or a few Co-GMs. So basically you have the power of a co-GM with the other person and so long as there's a good general understanding between the two of you, it can be a great time :)

So . .

What would be the best way to find a group of people interested in a RP? I know interest checks are sort of still a thing. But, is there any place to just throw out the, "I WANNA RP SOMETHING LIKE THIS!" and get an answer relatively quickly?

So . .

What would be the best way to find a group of people interested in a RP? I know interest checks are sort of still a thing. But, is there any place to just throw out the, "I WANNA RP SOMETHING LIKE THIS!" and get an answer relatively quickly?

Honestly, interest threads probably the only place for a thread. However, you might be able to lurk around to see if anyone's also interested in that sort of thing in other sections of the site and/or post a shorten version as your status and see if anyone replies :/

Well, I mean that attitude doesn't help XD. And if you can't make other people interested in what you're thinking, maybe make yourself interested in other people's things? Like this RP? :P

Yeah, I mean it's making more progress than HL3, but not by much. I find 1x1 to be quick, high replies, and the plots move a lot quicker than group, which means faster characterization (but same length stories) but also higher expectations of you from your partner. They're not always romance, as mine aren't. I'm not anti-romance, I just rather have it develop naturally between characters. There's also an ease of having someone else work with NPCs, but not all of the work falling on a single GM or a few Co-GMs. So basically you have the power of a co-GM with the other person and so long as there's a good general understanding between the two of you, it can be a great time :)

What he said.

The memories. I can't believe it's been ten years since this game came out. . Top ten, maybe five, games of all time for me.

It's more than just playing games with your friends man. It was finishing something we started with Combat Evolve, and clawed through sweat and tears of Legendary on Halo 2. It was building together in Forge, playing rocket baseball and practicing grenade throws until we all knew how to bounce a frag off into someone's face of any surface of a map. It was killing together online and grinding for that katana on your back.

Don't even get me started on 'Greatest Journey.' Words fail to convey my emotions listening to that song :'/

RIP Johnson. You went out in a way that would make any Spartan proud.

It's more than just playing games with your friends man. It was finishing something we started with Combat Evolve, and clawed through sweat and tears of Legendary on Halo 2. It was building together in Forge, playing rocket baseball and practicing grenade throws until we all knew how to bounce a frag off into someone's face of any surface of a map. It was killing together online and grinding for that katana on your back.

Don't even get me started on 'Greatest Journey.' Words fail to convey my emotions listening to that song :'/
Greatest Journey? Refresh my memory.

Forge was great. The racing? All those fun as Hell puzzles and mazes people made? Like, before advance switches came out, people developed them in game! And then there was that Donkey Kong stuff - lot of debris being thrown at you by the map itself. It was the greatest. God. . . I spent so much time on there with strangers, just. . .Every weekend I hoped it'd be the Infection Special - that was the best.

The story was very satisfying. Not the best, but it had two games full of emotion behind it in ways that something like Dragon Age can't really achieve despite being more story based. I remember spending so, so many hours on campaign trying to find glitches and just dicking around. In Halo 2, the Scarab Gun-Run was a literal night of my life. Just five friends trying to get it from 8 PM to 6 AM. Itttt was next level. Halo ODST showed promise but wasn't a complete game, halo Reach wasn't. . Bad. But it wasn't the send off I think Bungie should've gave the franchise. Halo 3 would've worked fine in that regard.

Halo 4 was boring. Never even played that online. . Which is sad, because I love the Halo franchise and games so much.

Greatest Journey? Refresh my memory.

Forge was great. The racing? All those fun as Hell puzzles and mazes people made? Like, before advance switches came out, people developed them in game! And then there was that Donkey Kong stuff - lot of debris being thrown at you by the map itself. It was the greatest. God. . . I spent so much time on there with strangers, just. . .Every weekend I hoped it'd be the Infection Special - that was the best.

The story was very satisfying. Not the best, but it had two games full of emotion behind it in ways that something like Dragon Age can't really achieve despite being more story based. I remember spending so, so many hours on campaign trying to find glitches and just dicking around. In Halo 2, the Scarab Gun-Run was a literal night of my life. Just five friends trying to get it from 8 PM to 6 AM. Itttt was next level. Halo ODST showed promise but wasn't a complete game, halo Reach wasn't. . Bad. But it wasn't the send off I think Bungie should've gave the franchise. Halo 3 would've worked fine in that regard.

Halo 4 was boring. Never even played that online. . Which is sad, because I love the Halo franchise and games so much.

Play the video I posted. Go to 1:32:34. Listen to the track.

Oh goodness, the racing was phenomenal. I would have a playlist of tracks just for that. It would've been fun just to race by myself and explore the entire track, let alone play it myself. Infection, especially on infection specific created maps, beats out any other online asymmetical game I've played (or even symmetrical ones like R6:Siege).

Oh yeah. Honestly, I've always thought of Halo 3 as the last hurrah for Bungie. When people bring up Reach I just consider it a prequel that really should've been the first or second game of the series, so I just place it that in my head (almost like a remaster). It was the combo of good story, the emotional investment of both getting to know the characters, the ultra hard levels of the flood on legendary, plus pressing through them with a (and later, multiple) friends that made the original trilogy what it was. I saw ODST as what they designed it to be originally: a large add on for Halo 2, so I didn't really complain about it not being a full game.

The franchise ended for me then. I was willing to keep an open mind about Halo 4 as to whether or not the story continued, but given all the plot holes, the lack of what made Halo great (split screen, I think the forge got downgraded), I just called it quits. I hear Halo 5 is good, but I still think anyone that say that it's better than 3, or even 2 is outta their minds, or just haven't really played the first trilogy when they first came out. Sort of how if Lucas got the prequels right they would be good movies, but they still wouldn't live up to the original emotional charge of the first three.

Play the video I posted. Go to 1:32:34. Listen to the track.

Oh goodness, the racing was phenomenal. I would have a playlist of tracks just for that. It would've been fun just to race by myself and explore the entire track, let alone play it myself. Infection, especially on infection specific created maps, beats out any other online asymmetical game I've played (or even symmetrical ones like R6:Siege).

Oh yeah. Honestly, I've always thought of Halo 3 as the last hurrah for Bungie. When people bring up Reach I just consider it a prequel that really should've been the first or second game of the series, so I just place it that in my head (almost like a remaster). It was the combo of good story, the emotional investment of both getting to know the characters, the ultra hard levels of the flood on legendary, plus pressing through them with a (and later, multiple) friends that made the original trilogy what it was. I saw ODST as what they designed it to be originally: a large add on for Halo 2, so I didn't really complain about it not being a full game.

The franchise ended for me then. I was willing to keep an open mind about Halo 4 as to whether or not the story continued, but given all the plot holes, the lack of what made Halo great (split screen, I think the forge got downgraded), I just called it quits. I hear Halo 5 is good, but I still think anyone that say that it's better than 3, or even 2 is outta their minds, or just haven't really played the first trilogy when they first came out. Sort of how if Lucas got the prequels right they would be good movies, but they still wouldn't live up to the original emotional charge of the first three.
Oh. Yeah. THAT. Honestly, I have a hard time deciding which track and what soundtrack I like the best from the original three. They're so similar and also just. . Equally great.

Infection on this one map. . . God. I might find the video of one I adored so much and send it to you later. One of the best parts of Halo 3 was just surfing for new cool maps. I'd make my own, but they were nothing like what others made. And, dido. Halo 3 is the game they should've ended on. Reach isn't. . Bad. Not a fan of most custom maps, aside from uber Blood Gultch. Story and tone wise? Definitely should've been a game to come between 2 and 3, in my opinion. A little side note but not something the OG developers end their franchise on. I believe they all had a special love for Reach in the lore. . Still. . .

Wasn't a fan of the armor upgrades and all either. I enjoyed the little one off items you could get in 3. Even if most sucked balls. 4's story was. . Not good. It had potential to be cool, but I really think Chief shouldn't of been the main star of the game. I wish he was left to wander in space. That's. . A good fate for him. The ending boss fight was worse than Halo 2's, and that's saying something. The enemies, the new aliens, in Halo 4 also weren't really fun to fight. Halo 5 I. . .Know tidbits about the story. I hear the forge world is incredible. But. . .yeah.

Halo 3 is the peak of Halo as a shooter, for me. Halo Reach improved on some systems but I think the armor augmentations were a set back. Sprinting. . Not a fan of. Jetpack? Kinda makes you a target. Overshield? Fuck off. Royally. Halo 2 was great but the BR and Sniper Rifle were too good. Halo 1. ..

I fucking loved that pistol and love playing that whenever I get a chance. But yeah. Halo 3 > Halo CE >= halo 2 > Reach > ODST > 4/5

Oh. Yeah. THAT. Honestly, I have a hard time deciding which track and what soundtrack I like the best from the original three. They're so similar and also just. . Equally great.

Infection on this one map. . . God. I might find the video of one I adored so much and send it to you later. One of the best parts of Halo 3 was just surfing for new cool maps. I'd make my own, but they were nothing like what others made. And, dido. Halo 3 is the game they should've ended on. Reach isn't. . Bad. Not a fan of most custom maps, aside from uber Blood Gultch. Story and tone wise? Definitely should've been a game to come between 2 and 3, in my opinion. A little side note but not something the OG developers end their franchise on. I believe they all had a special love for Reach in the lore. . Still. . .

Wasn't a fan of the armor upgrades and all either. I enjoyed the little one off items you could get in 3. Even if most sucked balls. 4's story was. . Not good. It had potential to be cool, but I really think Chief shouldn't of been the main star of the game. I wish he was left to wander in space. That's. . A good fate for him. The ending boss fight was worse than Halo 2's, and that's saying something. The enemies, the new aliens, in Halo 4 also weren't really fun to fight. Halo 5 I. . .Know tidbits about the story. I hear the forge world is incredible. But. . .yeah.

Halo 3 is the peak of Halo as a shooter, for me. Halo Reach improved on some systems but I think the armor augmentations were a set back. Sprinting. . Not a fan of. Jetpack? Kinda makes you a target. Overshield? Fuck off. Royally. Halo 2 was great but the BR and Sniper Rifle were too good. Halo 1. ..

I fucking loved that pistol and love playing that whenever I get a chance. But yeah. Halo 3 > Halo CE >= halo 2 > Reach > ODST > 4/5

Something about Halo Reborn and Greatest Journey gets me every time, but I know what you mean. They're pretty similarly themed.

I feel like that's the thing with great shooters. You play long enough, you won't even need a mic for mic level coordination. Everyone knew the place when it came to infection. Dead end with a chokepoint where you can get some range. Everyone who made it there backs off into a corner so the Zids can't just knife you as soon as they get into the room. Then it's all a matter of ammo conservation afterwards. Amazing. Oh yeah about surfing around for just new maps. The added new gear like the bubble shield gave the combat a bit more variety, without the disturbance that came with the controller switch in Reach.

I'm ultra meh about anything that's 4 and after. They can make 6 ultra technologically sound in the engine, and I would still say it would not live up to the legacy left behind by the original series. There's just this... investment that was pulled off with Halo 3. The game had its faults and I can admit them without trying to defend them with a nostalgia goggle, but yeah, pretty much share your sentiment on that issue. Yup, BR was, is and will forever be my go to. I would say that the pistol in Reach was second only to the original game, and I appreciated how they brought that back in that game though. Yeah... don't get me started on the boss battles. Never really liked them, but punching one of the prophets (Regret I believe) over and over again in the face until it died was satisfying though.

My rankings: 3 > CE = 2 (with add on ODST) > Reach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 and anything after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back