Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Some dude was selling some old sports jerseys at my college! Saw an old John Tavares jersey for the Islanders lmao.

Probably gonna run back there and see what they have again. They had some cool old Isles jerseys, a Red Wings jersey, a Penguins, a Flyers...

Pretty cool stuff. A lot of old 2000's and 2010's styled jerseys (the Reebok ones).

I'm a bit busy for the next hour so I told him to hold on to one of the Islanders jerseys for me. Hoping he's still there in an hour.

Some dude was selling some old sports jerseys at my college! Saw an old John Tavares jersey for the Islanders lmao.
Probably gonna run back there and see what they have again. They had some cool old Isles jerseys, a Red Wings jersey, a Penguins, a Flyers...

Pretty cool stuff. A lot of old 2000's and 2010's styled jerseys (the Reebok ones).
I'm a bit busy for the next hour so I told him to hold on to one of the Islanders jerseys for me. Hoping he's still there in an hour.
Nice! If good deals and condition that’s a sweet option on the spot. Found a few older jerseys on EBay of new condition I’m keeping a eye on like a Rinne-Preds adidas jersey along with a awesome Reebok era Preds hat for 10 bucks that was new.

Nice! If good deals and condition that’s a sweet option on the spot. Found a few older jerseys on EBay of new condition I’m keeping a eye on like a Rinne-Preds adidas jersey along with a awesome Reebok era Preds hat for 10 bucks that was new.
Oooo a Rinne Preds jersey! That’s a steal!

Also a cool hat too!

Oooo a Rinne Preds jersey! That’s a steal!

Also a cool hat too!
Oh yeah! The Seider/Rogle BK jersey and the Rinne Jersey with a cool hat wouldn’t cost much more then a brand new single jersey from the main sources, so definitely planning to take that deal when I can spend to get it. (Especially when they appear legit)

Definitely! This hat was pretty awesome imo and first I’ve seen like it.

Any other names of note from that guy’s collection? If you were able to see or recall some names.

Oh yeah! The Seider/Rogle BK jersey and the Rinne Jersey with a cool hat wouldn’t cost much more then a brand new single jersey from the main sources, so definitely planning to take that deal when I can spend to get it. (Especially when they appear legit)

Definitely! This hat was pretty awesome imo and first I’ve seen like it.

Any other names of note from that guy’s collection? If you were able to see or recall some names.
That’s cool I hope you can get them! Let me know if you can!

And no, no other cool hockey player names in the collection.

All I saw were Tavares for the Isles and Matt Murray for the Pens.

Saw a blank Red Wings, Flyers, and Isles away jersey too.

That’s cool I hope you can get them! Let me know if you can!

And no, no other cool hockey player names in the collection.

All I saw were Tavares for the Isles and Matt Murray for the Pens.

Saw a blank Red Wings, Flyers, and Isles away jersey too.
Agreed and I’ll let you know if I do.

Ah that’s too bad. Always nice when you can find some gems of different players imo. But still cool either way.

Tavares-Isles & Murray-Pens interesting ones there.

Nice!

Agreed and I’ll let you know if I do.

Ah that’s too bad. Always nice when you can find some gems of different players imo. But still cool either way.

Tavares-Isles & Murray-Pens interesting ones there.

Nice!
Awesome!

And yea interesting picks but the guy had tons of basketball, football, and baseball stuff. Hopefully he’s there tomorrow because I might stop by and buy some baseball jerseys. I know I saw a Mike Piazza Mets one.

Awesome!

And yea interesting picks but the guy had tons of basketball, football, and baseball stuff. Hopefully he’s there tomorrow because I might stop by and buy some baseball jerseys. I know I saw a Mike Piazza Mets one.
Awesome! I don’t think I’ve seen anyone like that around my neck of the woods lol. Plenty of garage/yard sales all over the place, but never something like that kind of find and presence in my experience. Nice stuff there. Piazza, a lot of memories with that legend and sweet find with his Mets jersey.

Awesome! I don’t think I’ve seen anyone like that around my neck of the woods lol. Plenty of garage/yard sales all over the place, but never something like that kind of find and presence in my experience. Nice stuff there. Piazza, a lot of memories with that legend and sweet find with his Mets jersey.
Makes sense lol.

Also yea that’d be a sweet snag. Might go back and get it if I see the guy again. I’ll let you know if I do end up buying something else.

Makes sense lol.

Also yea that’d be a sweet snag. Might go back and get it if I see the guy again. I’ll let you know if I do end up buying something else.
Nice and sounds cool. I’d imagine he’s probably got some old school Nets jerseys but that’s just a guess based off the Isles & Mets gear. But yeah, either way, pretty sweet there.

Nice and sounds cool. I’d imagine he’s probably got some old school Nets jerseys but that’s just a guess based off the Isles & Mets gear. But yeah, either way, pretty sweet there.
Oooo like a New Jersey Nets one (back when they played in NJ)? I’m sure he does tbh there were TONS of NBA jersey, none I really looked at since I don’t follow or know basketball.

Oooo like a New Jersey Nets one (back when they played in NJ)? I’m sure he does tbh there were TONS of NBA jersey, none I really looked at since I don’t follow or know basketball.
Oh yeah definitely! (Personally preferred that era since I grew up with the NJ Nets and loved some of the designs/colors of the NJ years) But yeah that would be cool Imo if he did. Drazen Petrovic & Derrick Coleman era Nets and jerseys are some I’ve considered getting when I come across them or a Vince Carter Nets jersey besides his Raptors jersey is another Net that comes to mind I’ve considered. Makes sense though since you don’t follow basketball.

Oh yeah definitely! (Personally preferred that era since I grew up with the NJ Nets and loved some of the designs/colors of the NJ years) But yeah that would be cool Imo if he did. Drazen Petrovic & Derrick Coleman era Nets and jerseys are some I’ve considered getting when I come across them or a Vince Carter Nets jersey besides his Raptors jersey is another Net that comes to mind I’ve considered. Makes sense though since you don’t follow basketball.
Makes sense. They’ve been Brooklyn for as long as I can remember lol but I never even pay attention to basketball.

I saw a few Knicks (the most popular team here in NY) jerseys, a Raptors one too I think.

Makes sense. They’ve been Brooklyn for as long as I can remember lol but I never even pay attention to basketball.

I saw a few Knicks (the most popular team here in NY) jerseys, a Raptors one too I think.
Yeah that makes sense lol. They’ve been Brooklyn for around a decade or slightly longer now. (Something about 2011/2012 and teams relocating in different leagues. Wasn’t long before maybe a year with another team or two as well) But yeah makes sense.

Oh yeah no doubts haha. Knicks remain the most popular basketball team there, even a non New Yorker can recognize that. Could be split for all I know with the other teams in other sports, but basketball is definitely a Knicks state there. But nice there with some Knicks jerseys and a Raptors.

Yeah that makes sense lol. They’ve been Brooklyn for around a decade or slightly longer now. (Something about 2011/2012 and teams relocating in different leagues. Wasn’t long before maybe a year with another team or two as well) But yeah makes sense.

Oh yeah no doubts haha. Knicks remain the most popular basketball team there, even a non New Yorker can recognize that. Could be split for all I know with the other teams in other sports, but basketball is definitely a Knicks state there. But nice there with some Knicks jerseys and a Raptors.
Damn they haven’t been in Brooklyn for as long as I thought. Interesting.

Yea. Weird how they’re so popular but suck so bad lmao.

Yep old Raptors jerseys are fresh.

Damn they haven’t been in Brooklyn for as long as I thought. Interesting.

Yea. Weird how they’re so popular but suck so bad lmao.

Yep old Raptors jerseys are fresh.
Yeah it’s been roughly in that ballpark, I could be a year or two since the Sonics relocated to OKC and became the thunder around the same time but a little before the Nets. Then all the other leagues with team relocations around the same time haha, so I could be off a bit but for the most part it’s in that ballpark.

Yeah true fans there. Before Dolan they were fine to pretty good with a storied history. Since Dolan… well you likely know how bad it’s been there for the Knicks and there faithful fans.

Agreed! Raptors usually always have nice jerseys but the Old school were fresh. Very sweet and the Carter Raptors jersey is pretty iconic.

Yeah it’s been roughly in that ballpark, I could be a year or two since the Sonics relocated to OKC and became the thunder around the same time but a little before the Nets. Then all the other leagues with team relocations around the same time haha, so I could be off a bit but for the most part it’s in that ballpark.

Yeah true fans there. Before Dolan they were fine to pretty good with a storied history. Since Dolan… well you likely know how bad it’s been there for the Knicks and there faithful fans.

Agreed! Raptors usually always have nice jerseys but the Old school were fresh. Very sweet and the Carter Raptors jersey is pretty iconic.
Oh wow the Seattle Super Sonics, I’ve heard of them.

Yea the Knicks have a surprisingly faithful fan base. Gotta give ‘em that.

Yea I love the red raptor with the basket ball on one of them lol.

Oh wow the Seattle Super Sonics, I’ve heard of them.

Yea the Knicks have a surprisingly faithful fan base. Gotta give ‘em that.

Yea I love the red raptor with the basket ball on one of them lol.
Yeah, they were pretty nice and cool jerseys in their own right imo. Namely the old school era of the 90’s and before.

Agreed. They are pretty faithful and that’s pretty surprising given how bigger markets tend to be.

Same here. Iconic and pretty unique designs

Yeah, they were pretty nice and cool jerseys in their own right imo. Namely the old school era of the 90’s and before.

Agreed. They are pretty faithful and that’s pretty surprising given how bigger markets tend to be.

Same here. Iconic and pretty unique designs
Yea the 90’s Raptors jerseys are sick.

Too bad I could never cheer for them (the Knicks) because they play in MSG (home of the Rangers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back